Start by marking “Her Rebellious Heart” as Want to Read:
Her Rebellious Heart

Her Rebellious Heart

Re-published as: Resisting the Highlander

Bridget Campbell is more interested in music than men. In fact, she may be the only girl in the Scottish lowlands who isn't looking for a husband. But when her estranged grandfather's health begins to decline and he asks her to move into his castle, Bridget is introduced to a handsome Highlander who becomes a rival for her attention
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 120 pages
Published December 25th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Her Rebellious Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Rebellious Heart

Start your review of Her Rebellious Heart
KyBunnies
This would have been a good book if it had been properly edited and line edited before published. Lots of spelling and grammar errors. Sentence structure needs work. Missing parenthesis, paragraphs have between single to triple indent. Glad this was free not worth paying money for something so screwed up.

A few of the editing errors (from my notes & highlights) I found in this book.

and I ahall let Read more at location 1111

Note: editing error Edit
patience for that for that, but I do have a great
Heather
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I purchased Her Rebellious Heart a few months a go as a free download on Amazon, and since we went to the Scottish festival this weekend, I wanted good a historical fiction with roots in Scotland. I was pleasantly surprised that this was clean, and the setting was authentic. I loved the descriptions of the North Sea, the crumbling castles, the tartans and feuds between clans. My only complaint is that at times the Scottish dialect was present and others times it wasn't. Do not becomes "dinna" et ...more
Michelle
May 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
The story was weak. Aiden just seems to fall in love with Bridget because she was there; no great interaction between them. It was just disappointing all the way around.

I'm not one that frets much over grammar and spelling mistakes in kindle books but this one had soooo many that it did end up bugging me. A simple spell check through the document would have caught a good portion of the errors.
Debbie
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it
A little simplistic for my tastes. I just like a more complex story, and there were a lot of errors. I see the book is now under another name Resisting The Highlander. Now I'm thinking that all past reviews and this one won't even be seen on Amazon. Also it did not seem very historical.
Sue
Mar 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Love the 'scenery'...the characters needed to be filled out, but the story was okay. Lots of typos. Not on my list of favorite books, but I did read it all the way to the end!!
Karen
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this book better as I read further into it. Light entertaining reading.
Enjoyed the history and adventure also
Nov 04, 2019
Sep 19, 2015
Gg144
rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2015
Marian McBride is an American author of Scottish descent. When she feels like honoring her roots, she plays her Celtic harp, but not as well as she'd like. Occasionally, she sings along, usually when she wants to punish her family.

Marian is not a particularly good Scot. She doesn't enjoy haggis or bagpipes, but she does love a good Highland Games, particularly when men in kilts do the caber toss.