Start by marking “Top Ten Clues You're Clueless” as Want to Read:

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  2,569 Ratings  ·  547 Reviews
Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day

5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market

4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi

3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm

2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)

1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing
Published December 9th 2014 by Harper Teen

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Marla Mei

This wasn’t something I was expecting at all in such a good way. I thought because of the title, it would be about :

a. Overload quirky romance
b. Endless Clueless movie references (when in truth, there was just one)
c. High school cliché

It turned out, I was entirely clueless about what the story was going to be about.

I think anyone who has read this will feel the need to make a sort of list in her review because the book is written with abundant lists which made the writing really unique and
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Check out our interview with Liz Czukas where she talks about Top Ten Clues! Enter the giveaway for a chance to win a copy of her other novel, Ask Again Later! Open to US residents only.

Liz Czukas definitely has the whole light, easy read thing down--I'd go far as to say she's a pro at it. But of course, despite being a hilarious and cute read, this book wasn't perfect. Let me list down three reasons why you'll love it, and two reasons why you might not.

Top Three Reasons Why You'll Enjoy Top T
Fafa's Book Corner
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fafa's Book Corner (Wordpress)
Fafa's Book Corner (Blogger)

Beware spoilers ahead!

This book was recommended to me by my dear GR friend Aj ! Click on her name to read her review. After I read Aj's review I knew that I had to read this book! After a few months I finally got around to it and I'm glad to say that it didn't disappoint!

The book begins with Chloe who is running late. It's Christmas Eve and Chloe knows that she'll have a very long day ahead of her. With all the people that tend to do
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

*Early review*

Top Five Reasons Why I Adored Top Ten Clues You're Clueless

1) Diverse mix of characters

I absolutely loved the diversity that was in Liz Czukas' latest novel. It's absolutely amazing to watch completely different types of people bond and grow friendships. Sammi was definitely one of my favourite side characters, she's a brick and doesn't let crap get to her. And when I say diverse, I don't only mean diverse in terms of personality, most of them a
Anatea Oroz
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review is also posted on my blog, Anatea's Bookshelf.

Guys, this book is 304 pages of cuteness! And below are all the things you should know about Top Ten Clues You're Clueless.

TOP TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK

1. Christmas Time. When I first picked up this book I had no idea it took place on Christmas Eve, and this thing alone made it awesome since I was reading it just a few days ago and it's Christmas time now.

2. Lists, lists and some more lists. Well, this book is full of t
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An advance copy of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

This book was super adorable and features a main character who makes a lot of lists, so I thought I'd make a list of my own.

Top Ten Clues You'll Enjoy This Book:

1. You have great affection for The Breakfast Club. The cast of characters in this story definitely gave off a Breakfast Club vibe, though maybe for a slightly younger
Juhina
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was all kinds of cute! I read Ask Again Later early this year and really enjoyed it so I had to pick up Czukas' sophomore novel, Top Ten Clues You're Clueless. The synopsis sounded hilarious! locked in work jail? having all the supermarket to yourself? and with a couple of people you don't know and one is your crush? It was a load of fun!

I loved the main protagonist, Chloe. She really stands out in terms of contemporary main characters for me. She is diabetic (and Czukas really knew he
Fiona
One word: Sigh.

This is such a huge disappointment for me.

This book screams The Breakfast Club out loud, and that's why I didn't like it. I loved The Breakfast Club so much but because I read this, it felt like this was just a ripped off for me.

Also, this book was completely lustreless. The characters were plain vanilla boring; no one stood out. None of the characters get a chance to feel developed beyond their stereotypes (and, yes, the Breakfast Club approach to "You're more than your stereo
Jaime Arkin
You guys… I’m convinced that Liz Czukas has a talent for writing books that are light-hearted, fun, and entertaining because Ask Again Later hit all those perfect notes for me and now I can say that Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless did too!

Chloe has a habit of writing lists… I can definitely sympathize with her on that. But today, it’s Christmas Eve and she’s stuck working at the local grocery store. The only thing that is making it bearable is the fact that she gets to interact with her crush Tys
April
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thanks Liz Czukas for writing books that distract me when I am stressed out and having a rough time. Read the rest of my review here
Marla Mei
Full-on riot and laugh out loud. I didn't mind the lack of romance at all. I was way too busy pissing my pants off to notice the lack of swoon-factor. Liz Czukas makes the funniest stories and characters ever!
Magan (Rather Be Reading)
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads, to-review
Super, super fun. Love that it takes place in one day. In a grocery store. On Christmas Eve! Just so much to love here. 4.5 stars, probably.
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
Visit Stay Bookish for more book reviews!

Top Ten Clues You'll Enjoy Top Ten Clues You're Clueless

1) YOU ADORED LIZ CZUKAS’ DEBUT NOVEL, ASK AGAIN LATER

I’ve been a fan of Liz’s since I read Ask Again Later, one of the most adorable YA books ever. I was absolutely thrilled when I heard about her sophomore novel and even more so when I read it and found it to be an utter delight! So if you’ve read AAL too (if not, go do that now!!!) and liked it, you’ll enjoy this one without a doubt because Liz
Abbie
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 glittering stars!

This is a cute book. It's light and easy to read but it also addresses serious societal and cultural issues. The story didn't dive deeper into those issues but I still consider it as eye-opening. It may not be for everyone, but for me this book is worth reading and quite memorable.

Top 10 Reasons Why I Loved This Book:
1. This book was reminiscent of The Breakfast Club film. Sure, I only saw the movie 3 times but I liked it just as much as I liked this book.

2. The cultural st
Kira Simion
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 I'm clueless about why this book was given this title! (Rounded up because everyone was adorkable).

So this was a light read that I don't have very much to say about.

The story idea was pretty good, but it was the writing style that really pulled me in. It was close to 300 pages, but the pages went by quickly so that was great.

I liked the characters and the try and diversity. (I say try because I enjoyed the part it played on the mystery and other factors, but I didn't really feel it. My opini
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I picked this one up purely for entertainment purposes, hoping that I would have a great time and laugh out loud more often than not.

And I did. This was a fun read. It was light, had a slight romance to it and while it wasn't quite as funny as I was really hoping it would be, I really did enjoy it and did laugh numerous times.

The beginning was a little slow to start but once it picked up it was easy to get caught up in the story and the mystery of who stole the money from the donation box.

Chloe
Kaitlin
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

This book was a lot of fun! There was a great, diverse cast of characters. I really liked getting to know each of them. I also loved the lists. They were a nice addition to the story. The story was nice and sweet. I liked reading it, but . . . I don't have much to say about it. If you're looking for a fun, quick, and light read, this is the book for you!
Kirsty-Marie Jones
That. Was. Gold.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3-3.5 stars

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless is such an adorable, quick read, I can't imagine anyone could ever regret picking it up. It's about a girl, Chloe, who has an easier time making lists and being stuck inside her own head than making friends and connecting with others. She also has a form of diabetes, which she keeps from most people because she doesn't want them to treat her any differently. I'm now convinced that Liz Czukas writes the best narrators, because I fell in love with Heart's v
Debby
4 stars

Earlier this year, I absolutely fell in love with Liz Czukas's debut, Ask Again Later , so when I got the opportunity to read Top Ten Clues You're Clueless, I was a bouncing bundle of joy. Though less bantery and wonderfully shippy than Ask Again Later, Top Ten Clues was feel good, happy making, and totally reminiscent of epic '80s movies like The Breakfast Club.

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless immediately captivated me due to Chloe's wonderfully refreshing and engaging voice. Chloe, I woul
Ariana
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely characters, sarcastic voice, a bit of mystery and plenty of fun - this book is full of awesome. It is a story about life, about how easy it is to misjudge people, how easy it can be to make friends if you open up just a bit. It felt real, it was sweet and funny and I loved it from cover to cover.

THEN CLUES ON THE AWESOMENESS OF THIS STORY:

1. The cute, clueless main character

Chloe is such a vibrant character, full of quirks and awkwardness, though truly loveable. She wanted to push herse
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Top Ten Clues You're Clueless is a sweet, whimsical tale of six teenagers who worked in the same GoodFoods market on Christmas Eve.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless is a fast read, which is a good thing, because we only follow the main character, Chloe, and her fellow young employees for a few hours. It's impossible to really get to know the characters very well in such a short time, and the story itself was very light, just slightly t
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to HarperTeen & Edelweiss

Actual Rating: 3.5

Point of View: Single (Chloe Novak)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting: N/A
Genre: Young Adult | Realistic Fiction

This one was a light, humorous book with a cozy mystery. However, it was a little boring at times when all they did sit around and talk about nothing in particular.

Being one of many who love making lists and categorizing things most of the time, I thought it was real cute that Chloe loved to do that as well because he
C. Maria
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
TEN THINGS ABOUT THIS BOOK

1. It was something different.

I started it without knowing what was about and I was pleasantly surprised by it. It wasn't a summer romance book. It has some romance but it's like 1% of the book and it was cute.

2. It's a fun book with some mystery aspects to it. ( the missing money and how the main character discovers how done it with the help of the others).

3. Amazing, fun and smart characters.

4. It touches a lot of hard topics - acceptance, the way we see people and
Jasprit
I loved Czukas debut novel Ask Again Later earlier this year. It was funny, fresh and it was exactly what I was in the mood for at the time. When I devoured her book in a few days I made the decision there and then that I would read all of her future books. So when I heard about Top Ten Clues you’re Clueless, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy. Unfortunately this story ended up falling flat for me in a few places.

Chloe was a great character, I liked how she had this obsession with compili
Mehsi
I never tried Liz Czukas' books before this one, but I can say I am a fan now and will be checking out her other books in the hopes that that one will be as awesome as this one!

What do you get if you stuff 6 teenagers in one supermarket on Christmas eve due to them being under suspicion of stealing a lot of money from the donation box? Hilarious and interesting situations, friendships and romances blooming and secrets revealed. I thought it might get boring, but thankfully it was all interesting
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
After reading Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless I know one thing about Liz Czukas, she writes a cute story. Simply put this book was adorable. It was fun with some seriousness. It had a interesting plot with a small mystery. And it made me miss working retail and want to watch The Breakfast Club.

Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless is about Chloe, a teenaged employee at the local supermarket that is stuck working on Christmas Eve. Having moved not long ago Chloe has had trouble making friends and relies on
Books are TARDIS
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Anyone remember The Mallpisode from The OC, in which they're trapped in the local mall after closing hours? And of course, all kinds of mad shenanigans ensue.

Well take that, replace the mall with a grocery store. The teens stuck in the grocery store are actually employees. And there is a mystery to be solved and a falsely accused crime to get absolved of. Also, all kinds of fun, bizarre and madcap things happen.

The misfit group bonds over this shared experience, which wa
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
I love Liz Czukas. I know its a little fast considering this is only my second book of hers. But she has only two published book as of the time I'm writing this, so whatever.

Her debut, Ask Again Later, was everything I wanted in YA contemporary. And while Top 10 Clues You're Clueless may not have recreated the same magic for me, its certainly nothing to scoff about.

Yes, the 'mystery' is highly predictable. Yes, the overly simple plot can make a less patient person yearn for more action.

But in
Louisa
(3.5 stars) Overall: Diverse range of characters, funny shenanigans, and adorbs goings-on between Chloe and Tyson, but it felt a little too short and lacking that oomph that Ask Again Later had. Maybe because the romance wasn't as front and centre stage as it was in AAL.

I'm still getting my hands on everything Liz Czukas publishes in the future! Man, these covers are CUTE.
  • The Revenge Playbook
  • The Art of Lainey (The Art of Lainey, #1)
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . , #3)
  • Rites of Passage
  • Kiss Kill Vanish
  • Famous Last Words
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • For Real
  • The Chapel Wars
  • The Secrets of Lily Graves
  • I'll Be Yours
  • No Place to Fall
  • Even in Paradise
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • Love and Other Theories
  • Now That You're Here (Duplexity #1)
Liz Czukas is the author of fun YA romances like ASK AGAIN LATER (2014) and TOP TEN CLUES YOU'RE CLUELESS (2014), and THROWING MY LIFE AWAY (2016). She also writes fun New Adult romances like WHEN JOSS MET MATT under the name Ellie Cahill.

Want to be the first to know the latest releases and giveaways from Liz Czukas? Sign up for Liz's newsletter HERE

OFFICIAL SITE
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGR
More about Liz Czukas

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I keep hearing that being a geek is cool now, but I'm not sure the rest of the world has gotten the memo” 10 likes
“I shudder to think how many turkeys have given their lives in the name of my defective pancreas.” 3 likes