Start by marking “Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga, #4)

Sea Spell

(Waterfire Saga #4)

At the end of Dark Tide, Book 3 in the Waterfire Saga, Astrid leaves her mermaid friends to confront her ancestor, Orfeo, the evil force behind the rise of the monster Abbadon. Orfeo possesses one of the six talismans that the merls need in order to keep the monster locked up forever. But without the ability to songcast, how will Astrid be able to defeat the most powerful ...more
Published June 14th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

Start your review of Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga, #4)
Desirae
Nov 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
THESE COVERS THOUGH

description
rachel ☾
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
An almost perfect finale to the series. If only the final battle could have been less anticlimactic.
Fafa's Book Corner
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mini review:

This was the best book in the whole series! Everything was tied up nicely. The characters were amazing as was the romance. Astrid and Becca's growth was fantastic. Seriously hoping there will be more books based on that ending.

Highly recommend.
sally ✿
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, bookshelf
"Just because you failed today doesn't mean you've failed forever. Falling down doesn't mean anything. It's staying down that does you in."

Sea Spell was a great finale to a series that I ended up liking way more than I thought I would. It was a conclusion that was satisfying, but still left a few unanswered questions. Which, surprisingly, I am okay with.

"A little while ago, I lost faith in myself. It nearly did me in. You helped me swim back from the brink. Now it's my turn to hel
belle ✨
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 out of 5 stars!

best part of this entire book: any and every time the mermaids say, "OH, SILT!" hahahahaha yassss mermaid cussing i love it.
description

what i liked: the pacing of and action in these books is just so good. so! much! underwater! adventure! the characters are solid and now, in the last book, they've all developed and grown from the scared mermaids they were in deep blue. can i get a hell yeah for character growth! also, the ending both ties everything together but also leaves a little o
Lauren Young
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Alli Reeves
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started this series wanting to read something different. I have never read any books about mermaids. I loved this series! It was kind of slow in the 2nd and 3rd books at times, but the ending makes it all worth it. I suggest this series to anyone who likes fantasy and heroines. A perfect combination of the two!
inky.novels
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Honestly? It was a disappointment at best. The ending was terribly anticlimactic, and the entire book was overall very predictable. I found myself groaning in frustration at the sheer annoyance of the character/cliches.

I think the biggest issue for me was Mahdi. Killing him off would've created the emotional depth that this book really needed, and even though I did screech when he was injured, the realization that he was alive (gasp) was worse for me than the actual "death" itself. The death wo
Brittany
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Valli
Kieli Jo
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this book was just too good. every chapter had me on edge. I had tears in my eyes alot of the time, I'm sad to see this story be over but glad it ended so well.
Miia
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2019
Very close to a four star rating (3,75?) so I rounded it up to four. I really liked how everything was tied together in the end here even though the final battle was kind of lame.
My main problem with this series was the friendship and love between our main six merls. I didn’t feel the love between them. At first they were strangers and suddenly they were bestfriends. So I had a hard time believing the fondness between them.
I still enjoyed this series very much! So I’m glad I read this.
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Check out my series review here: https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/...

Critically
Plot – 4 out of 5 stars
After the slow third book, this one definitely picked up again. It’s action packed though not as entertaining as the glory that was the second book. There are quite a few slow sections and some more romance which is just not what I read these books for. It deals with deth, grief, friendship, fami
Kayla
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall this series was okay and I'm not telling you it's bad, I'm just saying it won't stick with me forever.
Finally finished this series!
Esha
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia
Awesome possum
Lucia Volnero? Is there gon be more coming from Jennifer Donnelly?..
Claire ✨
I thought the book was… good. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed. It didn’t blow me away, which I wanted the last book of a series to do, and, indeed, expect the last book of a series to do. It was better than Dark Tide – but didn’t surpass Rogue Wave.

Firstly, in my copy at least, there were… grammatical errors? Like, sometimes the sentence would cut off and continue straight into the next paragraph, un-capitalised and all. Sometimes, full stops or commas were missing. Sometimes words were smushe
Ruby
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 13 and up!
Wow! This stunning conclusion to this series wasn't a cliff-hanger! It ended so well that I had no regrets and I am reading my next book! The way that this book just tugged me along as if I was another character in the story was amazing. But let me say this book was pretty violent and had a lot of things that might put some people on edge. Does anyone have any other books/serieses like this? Please comment them! Thanks!

AGE RECOMMENDATION: 13 and up for violence.

LANGUAGE: 1 or 2 words at max. The
Alaina

omg! It's over. It's really over. And I cared about absolutely none of it.

This book was a huge disappointment. It started off okay.. then got bad.. then really bad... and then I just gave up on this book because it was complete shit.

Sea Spell was quiet boring but honestly... not the most boring book in this entire series. It was terrible - like, completely one hundred percent terrible. I didn't care about anyone or their part in this super long and never ending boring book. I just wanted it to e
Janna
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I kind of want a fifth book because of that ending?!
fruit
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
a great finale to this series :)
Genni Eccles
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great conclusion to this series! I'm for sure going to be reading more of Jennnifer Donnelly in the future. :)

4.5 stars!

Full review to come!
Rosani
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
i really liked this it w as amazing
Lorna (lornaslibrary)
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 4-stars
Contains spoilers for previous books in the series

I loved this book so much that I accidentally forgot to pay attention to anything I might want to talk about in the review, so this might not be very long. Needless to say, that's a compliment for Sea Spell.

Sea Spell is my favourite book in the Waterfire Saga by far. It had all of the action that Dark Tide had, but fell into fewer of Dark Tide's traps. It did have the same downfall of having too long gaps between each character's point of view bu
Grace
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been reading the Waterfire Saga books since middle school. I loved how the author dove into the world of mermaids and their relationship with other creatures and areas of the world. This series has a little but of everything: romance, war, friendship, magic, and royalty. Although this book is below my reading level, I couldn't help but pick this series back up again when I realized there was a new book out.
This story follows a group of girls, Serafina, Neela, Astrid, Ling, Becca, and Ava.
Jessica
Teya Teya
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I loved his book. I love this series and now I realize it's NOT OVER! Oh my heck! It's intense beginning to end each book. I cannot wait for the next! This book is really not a genre I read but I'm LOVING IT!
Lalinka
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: collectibles, scott
Beautiful ending of an amazing Saga. I really had my doubts at first, but I fell in love with the characters and the realms of the seas. However. An open ending. I hope they continue because that... bad mermaid. (Won't say a name due spoilers.) is still lingering out there.
Jamie Coudeville
This was a really good conclusion. Lots of twists. It had a good pace from the start. I probably enjoyed this book the most out of the 4. But that ending does have me wondering if there are any plans for continuing this series.
Robert Rentzsch
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I read all of these books. Yet I cannot say I'm absolutely mesmerized by them.

The main reason I kept reading is because I really love mermaids. Always have and always will. So I was longing for a book that took me into their world. Which brings me to one of the first problems I had with this series. Although the story took place underwater I more than often felt like it didn't. Jennifer Donnelly herself even seemed to forget about this fact quite a lot. The way she describes the physics in her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 30, 2017 06:56AM

• Horizon (Above World, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • Above World (Above World, #1)
  • The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
  • The Neptune Project (The Neptune Project, #1)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
  • Brisinger unabridged on 23 unabridged CDs in original shrinkwrap
  • The Neptune Challenge (The Neptune Project, #2)
  • The Siren
  • Pegasus and the New Olympians (Pegasus, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3)
  • Valkyrie (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus (Pegasus, #4)
  • Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus (Pegasus, #2)
  • Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1)
  • Twice Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
Jennifer Donnelly is the author of thirteen novels - Poisoned, Stepsister, Lost in a Book, These Shallow Graves, Sea Spell, Dark Tide, Rogue Wave, Deep Blue, Revolution, A Northern Light, The Tea Rose, The Winter Rose and The Wild Rose - and Humble Pie, a picture book for children. She is a co-author of Fatal Throne, which explores the lives of King Henry VIII's six wives, for which she wrote the ...more

Waterfire Saga (4 books)
  • Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1)
  • Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2)
  • Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3)