Start by marking “Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3)

Dark Tide

(Waterfire Saga #3)

Once a lost and confused princess, Serafina is now a confident leader of the Black Fin Resistance (BFR). While she works on sabotaging her enemy and enlisting allies for battle, her friends face challenges of their own. Ling is in the hold of Rafe Mfeme's giant trawler, on her way to a prison camp. Becca meets up with Astrid and learns why the Ondalinian mermaid is always ...more
Published October 13th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Dark Tide, please sign up.
Kristen Do you mean the third or fourth book? Because this is the third book. We still don't know the name of the fourth book! Info on the third book is in th…moreDo you mean the third or fourth book? Because this is the third book. We still don't know the name of the fourth book! Info on the third book is in the description, the fourth book I have no absolute idea.(less)

Start your review of Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3)
Alyssa

Book Three of the Waterfire Saga
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: October 13, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review copy sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Suzanne
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I have love books based on mermaids/sirens since I was a young girl. Mermaids/sirens is what got me interested in fantasy as a little girl so still to this day I will read any book about them. This series I will finish. Its a pretty good fantasy but it is more aimed towards the younger YA age group (which I am a "tad" (lol) older than so I honestly lose interests sometimes while reading this series. However, it is a good series that is worth reading if you like mermaids/sirens literature and don ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner !

Beware spoilers ahead!

This book series was recommended to me by my dear GR friend Alyssa ! Click on her name to read her review.

After finishing Rogue Wave I needed to read Dark Tide! That ending was very cruel. I have no idea how people managed to wait until October 2015 to read this book. I am happy to say that I enjoyed this!

The book begins with a prologue in Astrid's point of view. Astrid is on her way home. It's been quite the journey and she's nearly
Zi
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ok but THIS SERIES IS SO UNDERRATED.
i feel that there are not enough people who know about it :(
started it when i was 13 and just finished it last year (17 lol, i know, sad) but came back here TO SAY THAT IT DESERVES MORE HYPE and because Dark Tide is one of my babies :)
Alaina
This book was a lot better than the first two.

The girls have transformed from annoying little shitheads to people that I could tolerate. Sera isn't annoying. I honestly started to feel really bad for Astrid because her family (aka her father) basically sucks ass. And everyone else was amazing.

Now Dark Tide still left me asking so many questions while reading this book and I'm kind of creeped out with the food that they eat/buy. I don't like how this book ended because I have a feeling that one d
Amy
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy by: Kaylie
A marked improvement from the first two books in the series.

I've been pretty open about it, I did not love the first two books in this series. The author relies too heavily on bad sea-puns (what, catfish got your tongue?) and her world-building centers on made-up words with no context and truly baffling feats of physics (see example: mermaids drinking hot tea.)

But, for what it is worth, I actually really enjoyed Dark Tide. The author significantly tones down the made-up words. And when she doe
Abby
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one has always held a special place in my heart.
Bella Marie
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
Dark Tide is the 3rd book in the Deep Blue Series.
Again, Jennifer Donnelly has failed to disappoint us.
This book has some good adventures that was a great read. It kept you the edge of your seat & kept you wanting more.
In this book, everything finally starts to come together & they make sense of things.
Another thing I really enjoyed about this book was that you were able to read about different characters adventures.
Unlike the first book, Dark Tide swaps characters POV. This makes it more inter
QueenMasako
The books keep on getting better and better!!!
I just want to unleash all those Razormouth Dragons all over Lucia. She would make an awesome snack for them. Anyone agree?
Shelby
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
I really love the series. This is the third book of the series. I have read the other books before and I love them all. I love the style and the way Jennifer Donnelly writes. This book I have to say is different from the other books in the series because this book is kind of like a mystery. I was kind of surprise that Jennifer wrote this book like she did, but I still like it. I was not excepting that it would be like a mystery like of book. I loved this book and I would read the rest of
Desirae
My biggest complaint with this series has to do with the story construction: there are too many characters, and the world is really overwhelming - I'm three books in and I still haven't truly connected with anything.

(view spoiler)
Sarah Louise
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The tension within this series just keeps building. I'm not sure my heart can handle another near death escape. These female water warriors have no limits to their courage.

I'm such a fan of the multiple perspectives in this series. Dark Tide follows Ling, Becca, and Astrid more closely, and they're all wonderfully daring. Astrid, who was insignificant to me before, is now my favourite of the six. Each character encompasses an entirely different weakness. But where there is weakness, there is st
Cherry (_forevermint)
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, mermaids
I am so impressed! (I know I said that for my review of the last book as well, but really wow, each installment just blows me away!) Sera is fiercer, the plot is more complex, there's more romance, the friendships and bonds are stronger, the stakes are higher, the list goes on. (: will definitely be continuing this series.
belle ✨
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars!
the Magical Mermaid Menagerie™ is back with lots more Dangerous Underwater Exploits™ in another solid mermaid book! the tension is amping up, the characters are developing, and the adventure is calling.
description

what i liked: these books are just such fun, quick reads and i'm continuously impressed with how solid the world building is. more kingdoms are revealed in this book, including astrid's home kingdom of ondalina - carved from an iceberg, which is the most badass thing ever. the tw
Shelley
Feb 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-release
Expected publication: October 13th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion
Lorna (lornaslibrary)
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, fantasy
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Dark Tide is the longest book in the Waterfire Saga, which I think is both a blessing and a curse. While a lot of action was packed into its 400 pages, there were also moments that felt a lot like filler. The narrative jumps between a lot of different characters and sometimes the gap between each character's point of view was so long that I forgot what was going on with that character. While Deep Blue and Rogue Wave gave a lot of time to explore and get to know Serafina a
Ruby
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 13 and up
This book was kind of confusing in the beginning but after awhile I go used to all the changes. But overall this book is wonderful and kept me in different moods constantly. It is weird books influence my moods at the moment. What would we call that? Mood-reading? No clue. Whatever here's the regular.

PARENT NOTE: Lovely story but look at age and think about how much violence you are willing to have in a book your child is reading. There is lots of violence.

AGE RECOMMENDATION: 13 and up!

SWEARIN
Kayla
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an okay book and I didn't love it but I am determined with my willpower to read the last book in the series.
Janna
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This world-building is so amazing! I love it! *.*

I really liked how Donnelly focused more on other characters in this book. Definitely have high hopes for the final book!
Alice 🌙
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5 ⭐️
So this one didn’t hold my interest as much as the other two, and I was really getting annoyed by Sera at this point in the series.
fruit
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think I would have enjoyed this book and maybe would've even given it a 5-star-rating if I hadn't taken such long breaks from reading this! I would start reading it one day, and than put it down to just pick it up 5 days later! I'm the kind of person that forgets many of the little things and details very very quickly and I fear that I may forget the whole plot by the time the forth book in the series gets published! Anyways, I loved how much the characters developed from the first book! They' ...more
nat.
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5

I enjoy reading these books. they're fun, kind of cheesy and just a good light reading. but for some reason I didn't find myself too invested in this book. it might've been the multiple POV's (I only care about Serafina and Astrid). I will say that the last few chapters were great, and I really like all this mythology background. I will continue with the series because I'm curious.

Courtney
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
To add to the other pet peeves about this series:

We have mermaids who are royal and we have mermaids who are average or poor citizens. Why is it that the royal mermaids manage to get the royal mermen? Why couldn't one of the everyday girls hooked a royal merman, made a true fairy tale out of it? It's very elitist.

Lauren Young
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was my favorite one out of the other two in the series. It didn't actually take me that long to read it. I was busy reading other books. One thing I didn't like was that there was more bad language in this book than others. I still can't wait for the fourth and hopefully final book to come out.
Camden Christensen
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These books just keep getting better and better!!! I love how much is going on with all of the different characters! I also loved how it told the story's of the other characters in the book, and also how they have all grown so much to this point! I cannot wait to start Sea Spell!!!
Amy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
I could not put this book done! This series is addictive as cookie dough to me!
Delaney
This book was really good. I can't wait for the final book.
Jessica
I AM ORFEO FEAR ME

Does that sound threatening? No? Well, that about sums up the villain of this series. But, don't worry. He pulls off a Voldemort and mixes it up to give himself aliases. I know. That makes it totally better.

I have to start by saying I liked Deep Blue and Rogue Wave. Neither were amazing, but they were entertaining. I found Dark Tide to be a step down from the two of them.

This is first time in the series I felt like I actually had to force myself to pay attention and make myse
I'mogén
It's been a long while since I was last in this world and so I struggled getting back into the plot as I really couldn't recollect what happened last, despite tying to jog my memory by reading over my past reviews. Slowly, these things came back to me and I was able to enjoy the story as it began to unfold.

The feq conversations on ocean pollution were very emotional.

There were a few insta love moments but I actually thought they were cute and romantic, despite my eye rolling.

I felt like the POV
Char Benson (Bookish Raider)
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bookalicious Book...: Dark Tide Group Thread 4 6 Jan 24, 2020 10:18AM
Lucia is angry at Serifina 2 6 May 21, 2019 05:51PM
Around the Year i...: Dark Tide, by Jennifer Donnelly 1 13 Oct 24, 2016 09:42AM
Free Book Giveaway: "Dark Tide" Prize Pack Giveaway 1 8 Oct 13, 2015 09:16AM
Free Books, .99, ...: "Dark Tide" Prize Pack Giveaway 1 6 Oct 13, 2015 09:15AM
Advanced Copies f...: "Dark Tide" Prize Pack Giveaway 1 12 Oct 13, 2015 09:14AM
Book Giveaways: "Dark Tide" Prize Pack Giveaway 1 6 Oct 13, 2015 09:14AM

• Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • Above World (Above World, #1)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Brisinger unabridged on 23 unabridged CDs in original shrinkwrap
  • The Neptune Project (The Neptune Project, #1)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • The Siren
  • Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1)
  • Twice Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Twice Lost (Lost Voices, #3)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (Emily Windsnap, #8)
  • Sea Change
  • The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
  • Horizon (Above World, #3)
  • Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
Jennifer Donnelly is the author of thirteen novels - Poisoned, Stepsister, Lost in a Book, These Shallow Graves, Sea Spell, Dark Tide, Rogue Wave, Deep Blue, Revolution, A Northern Light, The Tea Rose, The Winter Rose and The Wild Rose - and Humble Pie, a picture book for children. She is a co-author of Fatal Throne, which explores the lives of King Henry VIII's six wives, for which she wrote the ...more

Waterfire Saga (4 books)
  • Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1)
  • Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2)
  • Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga, #4)