Start by marking “Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2)

Rogue Wave

(Waterfire Saga #2)

Serafina, Neela, Ling, Ava, Becca, and Astrid, six mermaids from realms scattered throughout the seas and freshwaters, were summoned by the leader of the river witches to learn an incredible truth: the mermaids are direct descendants of the Six Who Ruled-powerful mages who once governed the lost empire of Atlantis. The ancient evil that destroyed Atlantis is stirring again ...more
Published January 6th 2015 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Wave, please sign up.
Maya Lane Harris It's more of a pre-teen book. Nothing bad happens. Has a little drama with some characters, and there's some kissing in the book. …moreIt's more of a pre-teen book. Nothing bad happens. Has a little drama with some characters, and there's some kissing in the book. (less)
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
YA Novels of 2015
1,539 books — 8,938 voters
Of Poseidon by Anna BanksForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsTempest Rising by Tracy DeebsEverblue by Brenda PandosIngo by Helen Dunmore
YA Mermaid Novels
206 books — 845 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2)
NReads
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it

4 UNDERWATER STARS!

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

Rogue Wave by Jennifer Donnelly
Book Two of the Waterfire Saga
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Publication Date: January 6, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

description

As always,I must talk about the cover.You may know that,I am not a big fan of covers with persons,but to be honest this one pulled it out great.I really like the colors.So great job on that!

Rogue Wave is the second book in the Waterfire Sag
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars
HOLY SHIT!! I did not see that coming

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Check out my series review here: https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/...

Critically
Plot – 4 out of 5 stars
This book definitely stepped this series up a notch. It’s intricate, exciting and action packed. It’s full of twists and turns that I definitely wasn’t expecting and betrayals that caught me off guard. I felt much more connected to the story and the world was
Fafa's Book Corner
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner !

Beware spoilers ahead!

This book series was recommended to me from my dear GR friend Alyssa ! Click on her name to read her review.

After I finished reading Deep Blue I so badly wanted to read the rest of the series! I was only able to get to it now due to my reading schedule. I am happy to say that I enjoyed this!

The book begins with a prologue. In the point of view of the man with fully black eyes. He watches Serafina from a mirror. He could kill her that w
Alyssa

Publication Date: January 6, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In this exciting sequel to DEEP BLUE, Serafina uncovers more clues about the talismans, Neela ventures into a sea dragon's nest, and Ling learns the identity of their foe.

Cherry (_forevermint)
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! This is such a great sequel, I'm impressed :D ...more
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
OMG, OMG, OMG! HOLY SH*T!!! What in the world just happened?!?!? Ok you guys laying it down there, books NEED WARNING LABELS! Like massive need and yeah this book is on that list of needing that label, because I can’t even comprehend everything that just happened, my mind is in overload right now and I can already feel the effects of a book hangover starting. I think that sums this book up like completely and I haven’t even said anything about it. Deep Blue was good, but Rogue Wave was beyond FA ...more
Amy
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Amy by: Kaylie
Shelves: ya, recommended-to-me
I FIGURED OUT WHAT THIS SERIES REMINDS ME OF!

A BARBIE MOVIE. Minus addicting pop songs and adorakable cameos from Ken.

But everything totally fits. The emphasis on girl power. The obsession with disguises and fashion. The dangerous adventures that should feel suspenseful but somehow aren't. The annoying use of words like merl instead of girl every few sentences.

Oh yeah, this is totally a Barbie movie.

Except a Barbie movie that mostly left me going:

I suppose for better or worse, this book pick
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Wow what an ending!

I have to start off again by saying the ending was perfect and I totally didn't see that coming. It was like that throughout the book; twists and turns that had me in shock. Things that I should have seen coming but still threw me for a loop once everything happened.There are betrayals, romance that could make you swoon, and mermaid friends that have each others backs until the end. What more can you want in a novel????

In Rogue Wave, we are left with Seraphina and Neela, the
belle ✨
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 outta 5 STARS
let's be real, i could never dislike a book about mermaids. MERMAIDS, YALL. THEY'RE EVERYTHING. description
^^^^ same

what i liked:
1. as fun as the books in this series are, they're also really well written. this one was no exception. like, it was actually GOOD.
2. the world building of all the kingdoms of the sea is awesome and magical
3. it actually deals with much darker themes than i thought a book on mermaids would, and that made me like it all the more. these mermaids are entangled in dan
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
4/5
Yes I know it looks like it took a while for me to read a book that’s essentially 300 pages, but I read it rarely (it was my book I kept at school). With that being said, even with the huge gaps of time between times I read it, I still was able to follow the story smoothly. Although I wish we got Asterin in this book plus more romance (I just am becoming a sucker for it) it was a good book.
Ruby Rose
This book! This BOOK! THIS BOOK! AHHHHH. I need the next one! Now, this one had so many bad reviews on the first book I almost didn't buy it... but boy am I GLAD I read it. Just warning you now this book is going to make you as helpless as me.

AGE RECOMMENDATION: 13 and older for images and violence.

PARENT NOTE: There is some images that could be scary to certain people. My younger sister would not like the images, they are not scary to me but they are about the equivalent of a harry potter movi
Grace Gotelaere
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this story. The characters were really well describes and the adventure was never ending. So many new characters and plot events keep appearing and made this book never have a dull moment. I can not wait to read the rest of the books in this series.
Andy
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Well an improvement over the first book since a lot more happened than just pointless running around. Tho it only focused on Sera and Neela 99% of the time and like wth, this is supposed to be about the six of them??? Hopefully, the other girls will come back in the third book.
Amanda G. (Nellie and Co.

I'm really quite disappointed by Rogue Wave, and not just because it wasn't a too good, but more to the point that I can't just continue writing a letter to Serafina like I did with Deep Blue, because this time, it wasn't just Serafina, and that makes me mad. I appreciated the routes that Donnelly took in trying to flesh out some of the characters a little, but I personally don't think it worked too well, and I really still have glaring issues with this series which I somehow thing won't improve
Janna
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rogue Wave was a bit harder to get into than Deep Blue, but it’s still a nice sequel. Also, that cover is absolutely gorgeous!

That final chapter made me so excited for the next book! I really love the world and the characters Donnelly created.
Tilly Booth
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rogue Wave, the sequel to Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly was definitely a roller coaster for me.

The Waterfire Saga, from the two books that have been released so far are at the top of my list for mermaid stories. I love the world in these books. The world has been so well thought out and Jennifer has successfully created an underwater world that you could easily imagine under the sea. She's descriptive and her characters, which there are many of, stand out against each other.

The storyline of t
Yoana
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I need more Astrid (and Ling, and Ava, and Becca)
Miia
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2019
This series is getting really good! I love how much action scenes these books have, there’s no dull moment in here.
Michelle Wrona
*A review copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much!*

After reading Deep Blue, the first novel in the Waterfire Saga, I felt like I was in some blur. In a good blur, by the way. I was just so happy and surprised to have found the perfect mermaid series for me. At the same time, I was hoping and praying that that the sequel; this book, would be just as good. Thank ‘gods’ it was. (Did you see what I did there? *winks* My mermaid vocabulary sure is ex
Pearl
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH, JENNI KNOWS HOW TO FINISH A BOOK SO SHOCKING!

The book started so sad (something happened T.T about someone who made possible the strength among the 6 chosen mermaids).

Serafina is so persistent in the search of the six talismans and she was so brave when she had to explore a sunken ship where an important ghost lived. The love is part of her, and her people is her reason to save all of the seas.

WHEN SHE MET HER LOVER AGAIN, IT WAS LIKE ASFGHDKL ♥ !!!!!!!!

In this book, we can know Neel
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
Really enjoyed this one! Focused on two mermaids and their very exciting journey towards fighting evil. Loved that some things were resolved and other things threw up more obstacles! This series is one I look forward to continuing.

Full review:

I have nothing but love for this series! I really enjoyed the first book in the series, Deep Blue, but Rogue Wave by Jennifer Donnelly took this series to another level for me. I had a few concerns while reading the first book but reading Rogue Wave made me
Ariel
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
What a perfect example of the saying, “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”.

It’s been quite some time since I read the first book in this series, and I distinctly remember not liking it. Any fiction novel that has a dictionary in the back of it, is typically not a good sign. But, I foolishly bought the first three books all at once because the covers were so darn pretty. You can probably gather by now… I didn’t like this one either.

Serafina is the princess of a broken empire. In the last book, we
Amanda
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I often feel like some writers are so strong with words, but their plot or world development is weak. With this series, however, I feel like it's the opposite. The idea of a race of merfolk descended from the lost isle of Atlantis, and possessing a magic based in song is fascinating. It's a testament to Donnelly's strong world development that each of the two books in this series have completely captivated me despite several areas of weak writing, most of which occurs because the author falls in ...more
Bella Marie
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Wow what an ending!!
Let me just say that the ending of this book is amazing. Not even once did I think that would happen.
This book has many twists and turns that left me in shock each time. There were signs, leading up to each twist that I never picked up.
I love the storyline & the characters in this book. It was a great continuation of Deep Blue and did not let me down. It kept on track with the storyline and left me dying to read more!
I can't wait to see what Jennifer Donnelly has in plan f
Mak
Jul 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
The first book was definitely a great set-up for this series. Rogue Wave sounds like it's going to be pretty shocking. I hope we at least get to see Sera's pet octopus again! ...more
Ari
Wow.. this cover is.. wooow!
So beautiful!!!

I love creative artworks and I would want this one on my shelf if only for the cover alone :)
Kalista
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a 4.7 but I have to say it was closer to a 5 cause the last three pages of the book blew my mind. I really thought O my ??????? On the last sentence So I thought it was a 4.7!
*Thea 'Wookiee'sMama' Wilson*
My Thoughts On The Book:

**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ DEEP BLUE**

The Cover:
Again the cover of this book is just STUNNING! It's in the same vein as Deep Blue but all in beautiful pinks and purples this time. It's lush and rich and visually these books have got to be two of the most beautiful covers ever!

The Plot Of The Story:

Rogue Wave is the direct continuation of the story that was begun in Deep Blue.

The six descendants of the Six-That-Ruled
Avery LuBell
Aug 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a vapid disappointment :(. Spoilers ahead:
The first book built a rich, intriguing world, and worked to quickly assemble a stellar team of heroines... And then this book scattered the team, returned the protagonist to her decimated hometown (which she knew was a lost cause, but felt a desire to confirm with her own eyes), and saw the secondary protagonist locked in her room for 60% of the book. What "twists" there were in the plot, were easily predicted from book one by anyone who h
Alaina
I never want to see this book ever again.

I hated everything about it. I didn't care about the plot or the characters. I just wanted this never ending story to be done. I'm probably in the minority of this book loving club but I can't help it. This book just wasn't for me. I'm kind of scared of reading the rest of this series because of this book just being such a disappointment for me. I really hope the rest get better or I'm seriously going to need a pick me up book to bring up my spirit.

So

• The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
  • Hannah (Daughters of the Sea, #1)
  • Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1)
  • The Twice Lost (Lost Voices, #3)
  • Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
  • Undercurrent (Siren, #2)
  • Bonus Keefe Story (Keeper of the Lost Cities)
  • Unlocked (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #8.5)
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • The Siren
  • Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • The Cage (The Cage, #1)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Kingdom of Sea and Stone (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #2)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
  • Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #1)
Jennifer Donnelly is the author of thirteen novels - Poisoned, Stepsister, Lost in a Book, These Shallow Graves, Sea Spell, Dark Tide, Rogue Wave, Deep Blue, Revolution, A Northern Light, The Tea Rose, The Winter Rose and The Wild Rose - and Humble Pie, a picture book for children. She is a co-author of Fatal Throne, which explores the lives of King Henry VIII's six wives, for which she wrote the ...more

Waterfire Saga (4 books)
  • Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1)
  • Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3)
  • Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga, #4)