Start by marking “The Story of Us (Carnage, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Story of Us (Carnage, #1)

The Story of Us

(Carnage #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  10,944 ratings  ·  2,204 reviews
I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.

"Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry" ...
Published February 14th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Us, please sign up.
Lauren Grice I liked the book still, but I was definitely team Cam and I was wanting her to stay with him instead of just falling back onto Sean at the sight of…moreI liked the book still, but I was definitely team Cam and I was wanting her to stay with him instead of just falling back onto Sean at the sight of him. (less)

·  10,944 ratings  ·  2,204 reviews

Aestas Book Blog

WOW. WOW. WOW!!!!!!

What a beautiful, gut-wrenching and epic love story!!

This was a non-stop, edgy, passionate, and emotional roller coaster ride from start to finish and I LOVED IT!!!! It made me feel everything. It consumed me. It took over my life. I couldn't put it down, didn't want to stop reading, and I know that I will never forget this story.

But please note that this is not your typical romance story. It completely shattered all my "book rules", but my love for this story makes it an ex
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
This book gave me a catastrophic sodding headache.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS: You have been warned!

This story rubbed me the wrong way something awful.I HATE DOUBLE STANDARDS!

To get my rant you will have to read the novel first, because I won't get into too much detail simply the one that bugged me most:

When Sean cheated on Gia we were all supposed to boo and hiss, right? Especially because he put her trough hell on earth, that lasted four long years.

Yet, when she cheated on Cam, we were supposed to say
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
5***** 'ShOw Us YoUr TiTs' StArS

I'm declaring this book my most favourite book of 2014...'how can you be so sure' I hear you asking ....simple It WAS BRILLIANT.

And it was this one line that done it for me.... Show us your tits?

I swear I'm smiling like a frickin goblin right now thinking about it!!

What I loved most about it was all the emotions it induced in me...I smiled. I smirked. I laughed. I cried. I sobbed. and it smashed my heart. But most of all it had me skipping down memory lane

Ha
Brandi
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
“I was eleven years old, but I knew without a shadow of a doubt I was staring into the eyes of the boy I was going to love forever"

Sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, mobsters, cheating, psychos, pregnancy, heartbreak, loss, deceptions, etc, etc...

description

Georgia was annoying and mostly unlikable. I spent a majority of the book frustrated with her, yet, every guy she meets falls head over heels in love with her. I don't think she deserved either one, she was a whiny, selfish, hypocrite. What she needed was a goo
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Carnage Book #1. The Story of Us
Author – Lesley Jones
Publication Date – February 14, 2014
Type – Book #1 of 2
Genre –Romance
Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (part of Release Blitz) in exchange for an honest review.

Review
I am completely gutted right now….the tears are streaming down my face as I try to put my thoughts on paper and I continue to have that ending play over and over in my heart and in my head.  I was going to wait to do the review until I had a chance to let
It's just me Shelly B
This book has gutted me!!!!

Why....why....why...WHY ME!!!

I can read almost ANYTHING...note that ALMOST back there.....there's only 2 things that bother when reading....

1. Non-hea
2. And what happened in this book!!!!!!

Cheating, triangles, erotica, ya, NA, LGBT, PNR, angst, first third present and sideways tense doesn't bother me.....typos don't even bother me if I like the book.

So with my 2 hard limits I pick up a book with 1 1/2 of my hates in it...REALLY people love to put spoilers in every t
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
"Romeo ad Juliet, Bonnie and Clyde, Sandy and Danny, even Baby and Jonny, they can't touch us. They couldn't write our story, what we have there aren't even words invented yet to describe it."

This book has young teen sex, cheating, an extremely unlikable heroine, a mushy speaking rockstar, one seriously hot gangster, pregnancies, an evil groupie, tantrums, a ten year time jump, devastating heartbreak and an open ending...

description

It's one of those books for me that you can't say if you liked it or n
Elaine
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

photo AutoCollage_AutoCollage_8_Images_zps30d35dbb.jpg

Meet Frank and Bernie and their family.
Set in the 80s and 90s in Essex England
Frank is a face in Essex and he and his wife have a good life.

Bailey, Lennon, Marley and Georgia Rae are his children.

The brothers are starting a band and hoping to make it big..

When Georgia meets Sean for the first time she knows even at 11 that he is the only boy she will ever love.

Sean is her brother Marley's best friend and he has joined the band as their singer..
What begins as a friendship because of their ages
Heather
This book was absolutely freaking AMAZING! I just finished it and I am absolutely dumbfounded. I did not see that coming!

Georgia, or Gia, is only 11 when she meets the love of her life, Sean. He sees her pink knickers as she is hanging upside down on the jungle gym. He is instantly smitten. As the years go on, they start to date. They fall in love and Sean is in a band with Georgia's brothers. When they hit the big time, things get hard.

Drugs and alcohol lead to bad choices. Sean was Gia's forev
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2- 2.5 ★'s

Sean and Georgia met when they are thirteen and eleven, respectively, and they both just know the other person is it for them. And throughout the years, their feelings never waver, only getting stronger until something stupid happens!

So again, I was drawn to the book for the emotional aspect and for most of the book, I was okay with how things were progressing. There is drama and some of it was over the top. What I was NOT prepared for was the freaking last chapter...WTH?

It's hard to
Jan
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jan by: Christine
I wish to have a magic way with the words and pour my heart here.
But I definitely don't have .
I can only say that reading this book was painful. I have this massive lump on my throat and I really want to cry.
What the hell I just read?!
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Stopping at 25%, just too slow for me and there is something about this book is not sitting well right now.
I am trying re-reading it later.

Ciao

D xo
Greta
Aug 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 45%

Deve esistere un girone all'inferno dove ci sei tu, in lacrime, perchè i libri che aspetti da secoli ti fanno schifo. Ci sarò io ad accoglierti con una tessera soci e uno sconto del 20% su un prodotto a scelta.
Non so neanche da dove cominciare, non sono riuscita a finirlo, principalmente perchè è talmente ridicolo, brutto, scritto male, indecente che ho deciso di godermi il weekend senza pensare a questo #librodimerda che ho aperto nel Kobo, quindi la chiudiamo qui.

C'è questa deficiente
Stephanie
2 stars because I could not stop rolling my eyes while reading but I also could not/would not stop reading this.

The story was good. I liked that most of it was set in the 80s (otherwise I would have had to deduct points for all of the coke snorting). And I liked Cam. Sean was okay but there wasn't as much character development with him. I did not like Georgia. She was wishy washy and hypocritical. I could maybe buy her indecisiveness if she was truly indecive but she was only really into Sean or
Candace
After reading the first few chapters, I didn't think that I was going to get into this book. I told myself I'd read a few more chapters before giving up on it. Man, am I ever glad that I did! This book knocked my socks off!

This is an epic love story that begins when Georgia first meets Sean at age 11. She recognizes him immediately as her soulmate. Over the years, their relationship matures and changes. Carelessness and pride divide the two, but they never quit loving one another.

When Georgia me
Alison Jansen
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know where to start other than saying I just had to wipe myself up off the floor after just finishing that book. This book should come with some type of warning label.....WARNING: You will shed copious amounts of ugly tears when you read this book, so don't do it in public, plus we have provided every reader with a packet of tissues.....Seriously...OMG that just came out of left field and took me by surprise....WOW..... This
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
4.5 Heartbreaking Stars

description

Let me start off by saying that it took me about 18% for me to get into this book. It needs a bit of editing but the fantastic and gritty storyline is worth overlooking this.

Set in Essex, England, we are introduced to Georgia and Sean, along with Georgia's brothers and Sean's bandmates, and her best friend Jimmie. It starts off in the 80's and spans 2 decades.

Kaylene Osborn
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who will listen to me
Recommended to Kaylene by: Magic Within The Pages as an ARC
5 big bright shiny gold stars for this fantastic book ...

I really am not sure how to write this review! I want to make sure that I do the author and the story justice. It’s probably one of the best stories I’ve read, but it has left me with a gut wrenching book hangover. To say I loved this book would be an understatement and I wanted to give it 10 bright shiny gold stars but I am only allowed to give it 5, so 5 it is. I also want to thank the author for the dark circles under my eyes from not
Amber
I loved this book. It was gritty and raw and hard to read at times. I wanted to yell and throw my iPad at the wall for the stupid things that the characters did, but I loved them so much that I just kept having to read more. I felt such a connection to Georgia. She felt like the sister or friend that makes questionable decisions, but you love her anyway and accept her for the stupid stupid person she is.

This book is the perfect example of a writer that gives us infuriating characters that make
Pam Godwin
Jun 01, 2014 added it
Shelves: loaner
Can't get past the never-ending sentences and paragraphs, rambling and telling, and inconsistent narrative tense. The torrential absence of the craft of writing flows out and over the story, drowning it. DNF
Lucy
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wow, this won't be much of a review because I honestly don't even know what to say.

The only reason why I didn't give this 5 stars was because I didn't find Georgia all that likable, and had trouble connecting and sympathizing with her. But the story was so compelling & engaging that it didn't matter, this was a heartbreaking page-turner of a story.

I <3 Cam (view spoiler)
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
OH MY EFFING HEART!! 💔

I can't believe I left on my TBR so long!!

OH MY EFFING HEART!! 💔

I don't know how I can read on!

OH MY EFFING HEART!! 💔

I can already feel the book hangover coming!

OHHH MY EFFING HEART! 💔💔

What an emotional ride but such an amazing ride...I have to read book 2..but how?? Lol

OOOH MY EFFING HEART! 💔💔💔

I'm going to bed and try to mend this heart....LMAO

Amazing read Lesley Jones...even though you broke my heart!!!!! Lol
VEL
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Twisting Stars

description

Wow what an absolutely ensnaring passionate and bloody heart breaking Novel!

Georgia is only eleven when she is introduced to the love of her life Sean.

Sean was introduced to Georgia, his hearts only one, when he was thirteen!

Their story is sweet and tender as teenagers. They face heartbreak and tears. He finds fame, she finds her path running a business with her mother.

Their story as adults,spanning over two decades, is full of love, sadness, loneliness and truly sad m
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
4.5ish and I'm rounding up. Sometimes reviews are also based on how badly you need a fix . Me, I love the emotional angsty books the ones that make you feel like your a masochist. I give it to the author for making one full book and not breaking it up by adding fluff and cliffy's. My heart broke in two and though it is not rushed it may seem so as the final piece is not concluded until the last page....it's just when the end of the story occurs. I don't want to give away any spoilers BUT if you ...more
Allyson
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional read. This one is one I couldn't put down. Lesley owes me sleep like she always does. I was blessed with a copy before the release.

Gia and Sean found love at a young age they endure so much together. Many twists and turns shocks and tears in this truly amazing story. There story is one that will take you on a journey and you will never forget.

It's hard to write a review without giving away what happens. I can't wait for the official release so I can buy it.
Christine
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Phew what a heartbreaking young love story.
The passion and love between Sean and Georgia is just beautiful.
Loved all the characters and a great story as well.
Tissues needed for this one
~ Becs ~
Oh, holy crap! I can’t remember the last time a book made me cry so hard. I think I was in shock, I ranted at the author’s publicist and then refused resolutely to move onto book 2 even though it’s on my Kindle (although I’ve since relented!) and couldn’t start another. I then picked it up again the next morning and tried to make peace with what had hurt so bad and yet again found myself sobbing painfully into the book. Carnage is it’s name and never was a book so aptly titled and even the cover ...more
AleJandra
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Luv ya guts STARS

"How do you protect someone from love?”

Vaya historia.
Un romance que toca muchos temas, los protagonistas se conocen desde niños y los vemos crecer a la par de sus sentimientos. Y como afrontan todos los problemas que la vida les pone en frente.
Llena de subidas, bajadas, vueltas, reversas y acompañantes inesperados. Apenas si sobreviví el viaje.

Bueno la verdad es que una parte de mi murió.

Durante el 97% de este libro mis pensamientos eran: Oh que libro tan entretenido
LeAnn
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Did I read the same book as everyone else?? Apparently not...

I knew after reading the first few pages of this book that I wouldn't like it. When a 13 year old boy tells an 11 year old girl "show us your tits". Yeah... Just yeah...not appropriate, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt because of all the praise it has been receiving.

From the raving reviews I read before starting this book, I thought it would be more about the music but it was all about the sex and drugs that come with rock n rol
Chelsea
Allow me to contain myself......

Whew! Okay... Lesley Jones, you rendered me SPEECHLESS .

It's kinda hard to make a review out of this book without divulging too much information, but I'll try.

Fame, Love, Sex, Drugs, Booze.. you name it, you got it. The book started out where Sean and Gia were still young, and although some may find this book a bit slow, it was perfect for me since I want the characters in the story well-developed. And the author didn't fail me on this part.

The story is writte
New Adult Book Club: This topic has been closed to new comments. Lesley Jones Q&A 27 32 Aug 04, 2018 04:51AM
Maryse's Book Blo...: The "C" Book BR - May contain spoilers 22 26 Jan 02, 2017 04:49PM
Young Adult Conte...: Carnage - The Story of Us by Lesley Jones - Starting June 3, 2016 38 24 Jun 08, 2016 02:11PM
The Carnage Series ... Have You Read It? 4 35 Mar 03, 2016 06:51AM
Debating on reading this, but... 7 128 Sep 13, 2014 09:39AM
Book Recommendation 3 122 Aug 12, 2014 11:14AM
  • The Complete Emi Lost & Found Series (Lost & Found, #0.5-#3)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Jahleel (Loving All Wrong #1)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Gravity
  • Dusty
  • Arsen: A Broken Love Story
  • Push (Push, #1)
  • In the Fields
  • Against All Odds (Against, #1)
  • Innocents (Dusty, #1)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Rock Star (Groupie, #2)
  • From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5)
  • Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)
I am a born and raised Essex girl now living on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, just outside of Melbourne Australia, I moved here with my husband and three sons in 2006.
Not only do I love to write but I also love to read and can devour a book overnight if the story grabs me.
I love watching my sons play football and am very partial to a glass of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc bein

Carnage (4 books)
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
  • Marley (Carnage, #3)
  • The Letters (Carnage, #3.5)
“I’ll love you forever G, wherever I am in the world, whatever I’m doing, it will always be you, I’m yours, for as long as you want me, for as long as I’m good for you, I’m all yours.” 42 likes
“I was eleven years old, but I knew without a shadow of a doubt I was staring into the eyes of the boy I was going to love forever,” 33 likes