Start by marking “From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)” as Want to Read:
From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)

From the Moment We Met

(St. Helena Vineyard #5)

After years of designing her family’s grand wineries (and a few not-so-grand closets on the side), Abby DeLuca knows she has what it takes to be an award-winning interior designer. Newly single, Abby lands the career opportunity of a lifetime and refuses to let anything—or anyone—stand in her way. And that includes St. Helena’s most irresistible contractor, the man who mak ...more
Published June 1st 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about From the Moment We Met, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Moment We Met

Start your review of From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)
⚜️Trea
By the time you get to the fifth book in a series, you've either built up some pretty massive anticipation for a particular couple's story, or you've lost me as a reader because I haven't found anything in your series that speaks to me. When I finally sat down to read this book, I was in the massive anticipation for (Jack) Tanner and Abby's story camp. However, when I finished this book tonight, I found myself wondering if I should continue the series.

Abby is the sheltered and protected little s
Geri Reads
Jul 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF @ 45%

It started out good and then it just fizzled out. I ended up not liking the heroine and the hero does nothing for me. I felt disconnected to the storyline. It might have helped if I had read the previous books in the series but maybe not.
Teresa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
3.5-4 stars
I put off reading this one because of the lower rating in the series. It had me not overly excited. But I ended really enjoying it... A lot more than I expected I would. I loved finally getting Abby's story and watching her grow and change. Plus being the only girl in a family of overbearing brothers was fun to read. And, as always, the grandmas are hilarious.
Rebecca
3.5 for this installment
4.0 for the overall series

It's been a while since I binged on a series like this. I read the 5 books in less than a week. I couldn't even read a highly anticipated finale, because I couldn't stop thinking about these heart warming and enchanting characters.

This final installment is my least favorite, but it doesn't detract from my overall love of the series. It was absolutely perfect for the holiday season, and I look forward to starting the spinoff ASAP.
TJ
I loved the overall story and Abby’s character. Her drive and determination to come out from behind her family’s shadow was heartwarming. It was the romance aspect of the story that fell short for me, however. There was never any actual relationship growth because it never progressed past the physical. Every single encounter between Abby and Jack was just, “he/she (interchangeable) is just SO hot!” This left the story sitting on the surface and made the happily ever after a bit hard to believe.
Alexzandra
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
(4.5 stars)

I really really enjoyed From the Moment We Met. I took my day off yesterday from work and spent it with some quality time with my couch (and a few other chairs), my kindle (thanks amazon prime ;) ) and a hunky man and a leading lady I liked a lot.

First a quick little intro to the story: (sorry there won’t be any gifs to entertain you this is a good old fashion review :P )

Abby DeLuca wants nothing more than to spend her first day as a divorced woman in peace with her new silky robe
Pennie Morgan
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby finally gets her happily ever after. After the statue of Richard is delivered to her lawn on the day her divorce is final and she finds out she is really a widow instead her world is turned upside down. No one in town will hire her but finally she gets the chance to design the titanic build. Add to all this, Jack Tanner is right there to cheer her on every step. These two have had a thing since high school and now he wants more and the chemistry is off the charts. Definitely the best way to ...more
Rebecca Wheeler
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars. Audible listen, wonderfully narrated by Renee Raudman.

Ending a really great series on a good note, these books always put a smile in my face.

While I loved getting to know Abby better, and her romance with Tanner was lovely, and sexy... I found myself fully invested in secondary characters (family, friends, neighbours and clients) - which always, joyfully, adds layers and points of humour.

I look forward to the spinoff series!
Aly
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's been seven years since her cheating husband left after he stole money from a lot of people in town. And since the bastard didn't show his face in the last six months after Abby's post an add, she's finally been granted a divorce. She's finally single and intend to stay that way and she also plan to make a name for herself in the indoor and outdoor design without her family name attached to it. Unfortunately, men aren't done messing with her life. First, with a surprising gift and astonishin ...more
Courtney Moran
I too received this book free from Amazon and at first I was really enjoying it. There is a character to whom you can easily relate that is just having a bad day when she should be having the best day of her life.

The love story between to the two (Abby and Jack) was okay but they kept lightly brushing on two things: Jack's childhood and the fact that the mother left home and also on their (Abby and Jack's)previous relationships in high school in college.

I gave the book two stars because they g
Jaime Fiction Fangirls
Feel-good, sexy read.

This was a feel-good, sexy read. A small town romance full of quirky characters and meddling family members, it's exactly the kind of book to relax me during a week full of craziness. Hot ex-NFL star and the woman he's been half in love with for years = swoons perfection.
Alison
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for Abby & Jack's story from the start.

Jack has broken Abby's heart twice & they had such a strong connection that scared them both but this time Jack was not letting Abby go
Janis
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely romance

I enjoyed reading about Jack and. The st. Helena wine country gang. I can't wait to read more by Marina. I am hooked by her writing now after the first book
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I cannot get enough of Ms. Adair’s books. She excels in small town love stories that will easily melt your heart. Abby and Jack certainly did that as I watched their second chance at love unfold. Their interaction was full of banters and sexual innuendos that had me laugh-out-loud. Jack “Hard Hammer” Tanner was uber sweet and sexy. Oh, in case you’re wondering, his name matches his physique. In every way. ;).

The last DeLuca will finally get her happy-ever-after. I have been waiting for Abby’
Lisa Filipe
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was thrilled to purchase FROM THE MOMENT WE MET, as a Kindle First Read last month, as I have been waiting to read baby sister, Abby DeLuca's romance after watching all of her brother's fall in love. And lucky lady that she is...she got Jack "Hard Hammer" Tanner (I know...the nickname says it ALL).

Abby and Jack had a past, a "thing" in High School...which didn't exactly turn out great and a College "thing" which turned out even worse...and Abby wasn't planning to let Jack break her heart again
Nate Brightman
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the Moment We Met is the 5th and final book in Marina Adair’s St. Helena’s Vineyard Series focusing on the DeLuca family one of the town’s founding families and world famous winemakers. Since most readers are women and all about the hunky heroes and I’m a guy and all about the heroines, this book really delivered for me and was probably the one I enjoyed most in the series. Abigail (Abbey, Abs) DeLuca the only girl among the 5 Deluca siblings is the focus of this book. If you’ve read the ea ...more
Janeiowa

Abby DeLuca, interior designer, deals with a missing husband who cheated on her and took other people's money and disappeared. Jack Tanner, Hard Hammer Tanner, former NFL player and co-owner of Tanner Construction. Abby's meddling brothers are also very present in this novel.

The story line became too weird...the naked statue of her dead, estranged husband the contained his ashes, his biological daughter being Abby's niece when richard's mistress married Abby's brother. This sort of thi
Cat
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was a little disappointed by this, but not gonna lie, I was never a huge fan of Abby from the start. I understand she went through hell with her cheating husband and then for him to leave her to pick up the pieces of the bank debacle is no joke.

However, her whole theme of 'she is easy to leave', I call bullshit. First of all, her parents did not choose to leave her, they died. HUGE DIFFERENCE so don't put yourself on that pedestal, bitch. As for being alone, wasn't she the one who told her med
Claire Mc Partlin
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ab-read
I've really enjoyed all this series, and given 5 stars to all the previous 4 books, but I must admit this was was my least favourite, which was a shame as I was really looking forward to finally getting to Abby and Jack's story.

You really need to have read the other books for the back story, but Abby is the youngest DeLuca, and the only girl with four bossy, controlling Italian brothers. The brothers came across as strong characters in the other books and I really liked them, but in thi
Jessica
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my 1st time I have read this author and I'm so glad I did. I read the whole series St Helena vineyard and fall in love with the DeLuca siblings and their journey to love and live again. The DeLuca and the Baudouin are enemies. In the book Autumn in the vineyard #3 Frankie Baudouin is in love with Nate DeLuca also Frankie brothers are mention. Jonah, Dax, and Adam the spinoff of this series Hero's of St. Helena vineyard which stars Jonah, Dax, and Adam can't wait to read this Series ...more
Vikki Vaught
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

I loved this book from the first page to the last. Abby so deserved her happy ending after being married to the biggest jerk none to mankind. Tanner is perfect for her. It just took him a while to figure it out. I have loved this entire series and hate to see it end. Happy ☺reading 📚!
Sandy A Devlin
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For love

This was a well written book of love, disappointment, and betrayal. I would recommend this read only for an adult due to some of the language. The author made it easy to immerse yourself with the characters and feel their emotions.
Katie Chapman
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

Abby and Jack's story was a perfect addition to the St Helena Vineyard series! I've been looking forward to their story since "Hard Hammer" Tanner was introduced in Marc and Lexi's story and it did not disappoint. I'm only sad that the series is over.
Crystal Gray
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This was a good ending for the series. The DeLuca Darling grows as an independent woman, but she also learns to feel. Tanner was the last thing she wanted, or at least she didn't want to admit that she wanted him. What will come of these two?
Andrea Akers
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the Moment We Met

Jack and Abby have loved each other since high school but communication has been a problem. Will they finally get it right this time and find their happily ever after?
suzanne king
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

These characters seem like real people with their real problems, families and relationships all trying to help and interfere at the same time
Amazing storytelling and characterisation.
Beverly S
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book.

Marian Adair needs to visit st Helena again. See what is going on with the De Luca and Baudouin clans.
Sonya
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book with lots of twists & turns.
Natalie
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terribly and lazily written. There's little to no detail behind the characters' emotions and the ending is very abrupt. ...more
Thuong
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Sugar Springs (Sugar Springs, #1)
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
  • It Had to Be Them (It Had to Be #4)
  • It's In His Forever (Red River Valley #4.5)
  • Crew (Anderson Billionaires, #5)
  • It Had to Be Love (It Had to Be #2)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • When You Kiss Me (Maine Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #21)
  • Now That I've Found You (New York Sullivans #1; The Sullivans #15)
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
  • Come A Little Bit Closer (San Francisco Sullivans, #7; The Sullivans, #7)
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • Her Last Second Chance (Last Chance Ranch Romance #4)
  • The Promise of Us (Sanctuary Sound #2)
  • Joyfully His (Sterling Canyon, #3.5)
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
  • Sweet Spot (Bakery Sisters, #2)
  • Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6)
Marina Adair is a #1 National best-selling author with over a million books sold. She holds a Master of Fine arts in creative writing and her St. Helena Vineyard series was the inspiration behind the original Hallmark Channel movies, Autumn in the Vineyard and Summer in the Vineyard. Along with the St. Helena Vineyard series, she is also the author of the Heroes of St Helena series, the Eastons, a ...more

St. Helena Vineyard (8 books)
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe (St. Helena Vineyard, #1)
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Need You for Keeps (Heroes of St. Helena, #1)
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)