Start by marking “Revenge is Sweet (Samantha Church, #2)” as Want to Read:
Revenge is Sweet (Samantha Church, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Revenge is Sweet

(Samantha Church Mystery #2)

Revenge is a dish best served with blood…
In Revenge is Sweet, the sequel to The Friday Edition, Samantha Church is back and the stakes are higher than ever.
In a sinister quest to settle the score, the drug dealers she thwarted are no longer motivated by money or politics, they want one thing and one thing only: Revenge…
Snow swirls on a cold February night when reporter Sa
Published January 29th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published November 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge is Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge is Sweet

Start your review of Revenge is Sweet (Samantha Church, #2)
Sue
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of "Revenge is Sweet", (A Samantha Church Mystery), the sequel to "The Friday Edition", by Betta Ferrendelli, in exchange for an honest review. While I feel that this mystery suspense thriller novel can be read as a standalone, the reader would have a better understanding of the protagonist, Samantha Church, and the struggles she endures by reading these novels in sequence.

In "The Friday Edition", Robin, Sam's sister, a Assistant DA, had been working to expose a drug smuggling
MWBP
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stone Cold – A review of the novel ‘Revenge is Sweet’

“Revenge proves its own executioner” - John Ford

As much as everyone would like to distance themselves from this apparent ‘primitive’ notion, everyone enjoys a good revenge tale. Something about it is hard wired into our brains, a psychological impulse that says tit for tat is just and necessary under the right circumstances.

Author Betta Ferrendelli returns with the second book in the Samantha Church Mystery series, titled ‘Revenge is Sweet’.
Ellen White
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sam with Wilson giving her a ride home, now that her car is unrepairable.
He was always there for her , his kindness, even being alive, having a job.
She mention that someone is watching them, then a car comes, Kidnapping them. Awakening he spots Sam, wrists so tightly bound the rope cutting into her, trying to get her awake.Sam now waking up, in the hospital Howard and her grandmother were there.Police found her slumped in Wilson car, but he is still missing. Why were they keeping him, she wrot
Lorelei Frank
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I suggest you read book one (The Friday Edition) before you read Revenge is Sweet.

This book had me on edge several time and had me holding my breath. The characters and story come to life in Ms Ferrendelli's wonderful writing. Her writing gives you a good feeling of the characters and what they are like.

I loved book one with all the surprising turns and twists. Book two was more gut wrenching moments that made it very hard to put down. (who needs sleep)

I can not wait to start book three.
Sheila Fiske
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had won this autographed book. I must say, I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed the way the story was told and the thrilling turn of events. I was so interested in what was going to happen next, that I stayed up late to finish it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I am going to get The Friday Edition by Betta Ferrendelli too!
Tanya Booklovinghippo
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Good book. Picks up exactly where The Friday Edition ended and continues following Samantha on her adventure with the drug dealers. I enjoyed the book, but I liked the first one more. Definitely need to pick this one up if you read the first one.
Jody Crowley
It is hard to critique this book without including spoilers. Essentially, the entire plot requires virtually the entire cast of characters to made dumb decisions and keep making them.
Marilyn Switzer
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I thought it was a well written book that kept my attention. There was a lot of violence. I liked Sam, the main character. She has the physical and emotional scars that we all have

Lou Ann
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book!

Full of mystery, suspense, evil head games and loving tenderness. Wilson, Sam and Anna become much closer when all three are stressed out by a psychopathic drug dealer Sam and Robin put out of business.
PMM
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe my view is tainted because I read book 2 before book 1 and missed prior activities. I felt it began slow (probably because she was giving background information). It wasn't until April was kidnapped that things began to pick up and the story got interesting.
Karen
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This is the first book in the series that I read. I enjoyed it and it covered enough of what happened before.
barry d giroux
Feb 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
There wasn't one belevable moment in this disappointing follow-up in the Samantha Church series
Karen greer
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very deep dark intense thriller and I could not put it down. It’s fast paced and emotional too. I enjoy this series.
Libby Barland
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revenge

This story was chilling in that it could happen to anyone. Sam wrote a story exposing drug dealers. They then came after her family.
Viola
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

High energy and enough action to power a jet. Loved the scenario of evil vs good. Great plots of danger!
Joyce
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tense thriller that pulls on your heartstrings!

Samantha church is a recovering alcoholic, and a mother who has lost custody of her nine-year-old daughter to her husband's mother, a woman who is frankly not very nice! she is a reporter who lost her job on the Denver Post due to her alcoholism. Her sister was murdered by a drug dealer as revenge for story she started and Samantha finished. Samantha and her publisher become victims of this drug dealer.I won't reveal how and I won't reveal what happ
Tom
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Church is trying to settle into her new normal, following the harrowing ordeal of The Friday Edition (which will not be detailed here, because nobody likes spoilers, even of books you should have already read), but not everyone is ready to leave the past behind. I'll give you a hint: It has something to do with revenge.

Once again, Betta Ferrendelli gives of a flawed, human protagonist with the best of intentions. In the inaugural novel, Sam Church needed those closest to her to shine a
Marianne
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I would like to thank the author and publisher for this book that I won in the Goodreads First Reads Contest. It was a wonderful read. The authors prose was easy and comprehensive. It became a real page turner in the end. I did not read the first book in the Samantha Church series, but I definitely will do that. I enjoyed all the characters, especially Howard. The characters struggled with realities of their lives and were the better for it, not that it was easy nor did they not have to fight ag ...more
Conny
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was a First Read Winner of this book, and I really wanted to like it more than I did. The premise of the book sounded very interesting and I couldn't wait to get started, but I found the book to drag a little bit. It had plenty of action but in between those were long periods where the main character was feeling sorry for herself, remembering past incidents or writing a letter to her daughter, and it took on a very depressing tone for me. I am not sure if I would have liked the book any better ...more
Pamela Kelley
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Two leaves no stone unturned.

Book One had you finding out the good guys were all bad guys. The good girls were trying to catch the bad bad guys. And the drug lords were trying to kill everyone to messed with them. Book two the bad guys have killed every one but the ones who got them in the most trouble. Samantha and Wilson are kidnapped and taught a lesson. Only when the drug ring kidnaps Sams daughter and her family gets involved does the game start to warm up. It will keep you on you toes
Glen
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: firstreads, mystery
I won this novel in a goodreads drawing.

A recovering alcoholic is kidnapped, then released by a drug dealer, who keeps her boss and later kidnaps her daughter. She's got to find the kidnappers before it's too late.

The motives of the drug dealer didn't really make sense, to me, nor did the action of the heroine. She spent the whole book not wanting to call the police, but really, shouldn't a former high echelon reporter know that the FBI is in charge of abductions?

On the whole, there were some go
Susan Krich
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a Goodreads book.
It was okay but referred back too much to The Friday Edition.
At first there were a few subtle hints which would have been okay. As I read there was more and more about the earlier novel to the point where I went on line to see if it was the prior novel or an intrinsic part of this one.
I don't mind a few references but there were just too many for my liking.
There are 3 chapters that are letters to her daughter that were never sent. This doesn't seem to fit with the other
Sherrie E
Not near as good as the first book

I guess this book deserved at least 3 stars. This book just didn't read as well. The premise was fine but too many of Sam's decisions didn't make since. How could this character ever think it was smart going by herself to save anyone against those men? As much I was looking forward to this book I am almost as certain l won't rush to read the next. What a disappointment!
Barbara J. Harbison
Revenge is Sweet

I enjoyed this book. It definitely has its twists and turns and suspenseful moments. Sam's heartfelt letters to her daughter, April, through the book really gave background to their relationship. And Wilson's talk with April about her mother was good.
The book kept me reading until the end, for sure.
I do have a criticism of the proofreaders -
On page 205, para starting: After a moment, Wilson noticed.... The word should be disdain not distain.
Irene Marie Dawson
Can the truth set you free,or bind you forever?

meet Samantha. she lost her husband ,a crooked cop,her daughter to her alcoholic tendencies,and her sister to a gang of drug dealers when she chased a story and got too close. Now the drug kingpin is out to destroy her in an act of revenge for taking her sister's research and making it public,shutting down his very lucrative business. How will she save those she loves as well as herself,and stop the man forever?
Diane
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A story about a newspaper reporter, with a drinking problem, who is trying to get custody of her nine year old daughter who is living with her deceased ex husbands mother. Because of a story that she'd written about a drug dealer, revenge is being sought on her; not necessarily to kill her but to make her life miserable and totally dependent on others. A good read with a little help from someone unexpected.
Sharon Swenson
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVENGE IS SWEET

REVENGE IS SWEET

This book is one of the better stories I've read in quite awhile. It was easy to follow which I appreciate as some mysteries get so complex I find it hard to follow exactly what is happening and why. Very descriptive of scenery but not overdone. Not repetitive. I liked it a lot.
Dorrie
Jul 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: noone
Recommended to Dorrie by: first reads winner
Shelves: first-reads
I wasn't very interested in the subject matter and found the book extremely difficult to finish due to my own morals/values. If you have the tolerance for a parent who makes excuses for failing to 'keep it together' during a child's most important years of life and then uses the 'oh, how much I love you because you are my WHOLE world!', then this is the book for you. Me, NOT interested!!
Joanne Garbato
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I did not care for this at all.I thought it made no sense.There were times it really dragged on.I did not find the main character to be at all likeable and she just made one bad decision after another during the entire book.It was detailed and descriptive and there were,thankfully, other characters I found enjoyable.
Rachel Dillard
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha's Long Journey

Samantha's saw her life through many levels of grief, guilt and also the constant frustration of losing her daughter. The writer does an excellent job of weaving a good mystery story as well. It held my interest to the end. I would recommend this book as a good relax.

• Family Matters (Gracie Andersen Mystery #1)
  • Drunk on a Plane (The Misadventures of a Drunk in Paradise #1)
  • Multiple Motives (Kate Huntington Mysteries, #1)
  • Kowloon Bay (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #6)
  • Family Secrets (Whispering Pines Mystery #1)
  • The Housewife Assassin's Killer Christmas Tips (The Housewife Assassin, #3)
  • Saltwater Cove (a Westcott Bay Novel Book 1)
  • Murder at Mistletoe Manor
  • Justice for All (A Holt Foundation Story Book 1)
  • Serenity (Shelby Alexander, #1)
  • Between Two Thieves (Between Two Thieves Private Investigator Crime Thriller series Book 1)
  • False Memory (False #1)
  • Wrath of the Sister
  • No Shelter (Holly Lin, #1)
  • Lie No More
  • Queen of Dragons (Kingdom of Fairytales: Sleeping Beauty, #1)
  • Little Girl Lost (A Riveting Kidnapping Mystery #0)
I have been an award-winning journalist since 1989, having worked at newspapers in Denver, Colorado, Seattle, Washington and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I am the author of the award-winning and Amazon best-selling Samantha Church Mystery Series, featuring The Friday Edition, Revenge is Sweet, Dead Wrong, Cold Case No. 99-5219 and On the Border, which published in April 2020. I have also written two in

Samantha Church Mystery (4 books)
  • The Friday Edition (Samantha Church, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Samantha Church, #3)
  • Cold Case No. 99-5219 (Samantha Church #4)