Start by marking “Love Show” as Want to Read:
Love Show

Love Show

Hadley Arrington is the career-driven Editor-in-Chief of her university’s prestigious newspaper. Jack Diamond is a laid back student whose good looks have made things even easier than they need to be. She’s the girl who came out of nowhere and kissed him in the rain. He’s the boy who made her do something crazy.

When the stakes seem too high, they have to decide if they’ll
Published January 14th 2014 (first published January 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love Show, please sign up.
Maegan Dixon At the end of the book, Hadley says "I'm not afraid of letting my love show." So I think it's about her trying to prove that she can love and not be a…moreAt the end of the book, Hadley says "I'm not afraid of letting my love show." So I think it's about her trying to prove that she can love and not be afraid to show it(less)

Start your review of Love Show
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Edit 01/20 : You know what? I'm bumping this rating to the full 5. Who cares that the characters laugh too-much (yes, I'm talking about the verb) and that some parts were a little cliché? I have been completely UNABLE to stop rereading parts since I read it. Fuck my rules. My adorable Jack gets all the stars.

► If someone had told me that the first book I’d fall in love with in 2016 would be a New Adult romance, I would have nicely but intently told them to stop fucking with me.

I would have been
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Henz and Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

I have had my fair share of New Adult novels. Some I loved, some I loathed but I haven’t really come across a lot of socially significant ones as this book and now I believe my friends who said this is a different kind of NA read. I’m not really a big fan of “friends with benefits” stories and though this one started out exactly like that with lots of PG-13 stuff (which I thought would end there but thankfully didn’t), I appreciate that it isn’t entirely focused on the romance. It’s tackling sev
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aaaaah, a 'rom com' college romance. Who doesn't love a good chick flick? I love those feel good movies and books. You always know you are in for angst, romance and comedy.

One of my favorite rom-com movie is The Proposal.
description

Hadley is a heroine similar to Sandra Bullock in The Proposal...career focused. No time for a boyfriend and determined to do everything in her power to make sure romance is off the plate.

Jack is the loyal to the end hero. At times he had me "aaaaah-ing" for how sweet he was i
DKristin
AVAILABLE NOW!!!

Well...

photo finishabooktrauma.jpg

photo doitagain.gif

photo wonderfulstory.jpg

So basically, what I'm trying to say is that this is one of the best books that I have read this year and has wiggled it's way on to my all time favorites list for sure!

photo HadleyLoveshow5.jpg

Hadley Arrington is a college senior she has her future figured out, she knows what she does and doesn't want and nowhere in that equation does love or relationships fit in. She's brilliant, beautiful, and a real friend! She stands up for those that she loves and tries to do the right thing w
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I enjoyed this story, and I think Audrey Bell excels at writing fun banter!

Hadley Arrington is extremely bright, career driven college senior. She dreams of being a journalist in Syria for The New York Times but she does have one flaw, she doesn’t believe in love.

Hadley's amazing roommate, David has egged her on to make out with anyone because she has spent all her time at college busy running the school newspaper.

”I stepped forward and kissed him. Suddenly and impulsively. Becau
Melissa (Ever So Mela)

A ROMCOM MOVIE!

I don't know what words to use to make you pick this up, so I'm going for simple as heck.
In terms of NA, this is as perfect as it gets!

The banter...

The dialogue...

David...

Hadley...

Jack...

THIS BOOK...

Just stop wasting your time and go read this amazing book with a strong heroine that doesn't abandon all sense in the presence of testosterone along with a male lead that will undoubtedly have you swooning paired with a dialogue that will leave you cackling
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

"I'm a little bit of a disaster, Hadley."
"Then, you're my favorite disaster, Jack."

Ahhh….now that’s how you write a male lead. Sigh. Yes-It’s official. My first sentence in this review is about the male lead. And, ya know, there’s so much more to the story than him, but I can’t help but say he was my absolute favorite part. I know I tout a lot of men throughout the year-I’m, admittedly, a little shameless. It’s all in fun, though, you know?? It’s fun to imagine these men, whether you
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5----Stars!!!

Favorite thing about this book….the banter!

Amongst all of the characters—the MCs and the supporting characters. I laughed throughout the whole book.

Hadley, the heroine is in her senior year at Northwestern. She eats, sleeps and shits school and the newspaper. She wants to be a combat journalist. She’s pretty much all work and no play.

At a tailgate her BFF David dares her to kiss a guy. She picks Jack Diamond. At the time, she has no idea who he is and they don’t exchange names.
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -

4.5 Stars

Lots of reviews say that this book is really funny and that the banter between the MCs is great.

I would love to put in some quotes. But I would need to quote probably whole pages. Seriously the banter between Hadley and Jack was awesome.

Hadley is a real workaholic.
"You're addicted to work."
"I am not addicted to anything." I tried to snatch the book back from him.
"You are. Work and caffeine and possibly sugar," he said mildly, leafing through the pages. "I mean, look at this. You l
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this one! It definitely made me laugh with quotes such as

"You look like a troll doll, a fucking demented troll doll."

and

"They always tell you to do what you love. And I love not working."

laugh photo tumblr_inline_mh622lPTYV1qdn14l_zpsec687c02.gif

You have college senior Hadley Arrington who is so focused on her future journalism career she doesn't have much of a social life other than hanging with her gay BFF she lives with named David...

fun photo tumblr_mubw95o8QC1rwj9abo1_250_zpseeb70aa8.gif

She also has a anti-relationship/love stance based off her mother's multiple ma
Rachel Maniacup
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rachel by: Henz
Having read this book made up my frustration from the first book of "Friends with Benefits"I've read and I thought,this is also a perfect compensation for my wonderful friend, HENZ(for the book she recommended that I didn't like)who is celebrating her birthday today! HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear HENZY!^^

My Review:
Hadley Arrington is a senior college editor in chief of her University's newspaper.She's a very determined,motivated person in her career and knows exactly what her future be: a "combat jo
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
(4.5 Stars)

(BR with Jennifer Kyle)

(Recommended by DKristin)

photo 406c4856-30fe-4df6-9da9-b303024beb44.jpg

photo df3f6fe6-d712-4378-9cb6-75ee1f3d3266.jpg

photo 4233c675-8594-4d9f-a88f-05a8f9864699.jpg

I thought this was a wonderful book! I really enjoyed it! I know it's a good one when I can't quit smiling and laughing while reading!

The book is about a girl named Hadley Arrington. Hadley is a senior is college. She is your typical over achiever. She focuses all her time and energy on her schoolwork and planning for the future she envisions for herself. She keeps herself busy with the school newspaper and studying journali
Henz
I’m such a sucker for romance this holiday season and I was in the mood for some Friends with Benefits kind of book and LOVE SHOW was on that list, I think this falls under New Adult so I already expected it to be angsty and sexual (you know that blatant kind?) but it wasn’t what I was expecting, it’s a friends with benefits kind of book, yes it has sex, not the graphical kind but it’s a book that focused more on the relationship of the main characters. It’s a realistic kind of romance that I un ...more
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Hadley, the anti-relationship, and Jack start a friends with benefits. But with Hadley's heart set on being a reporter in a war zone, how will it end?

I didnt like Hadley's attitude to her mother at the beginning and I wasn't invested in the story until Jack entered the picture. But when he did, fat grin all the way.

You realize I am a library virgin, right?

This is the type of book made for me. Hearts and flowers, cute college couple, plenty of banter, great relationship dev
Patrycja

Cute, romantic read full of fluffy moments, sexy times, stubborn heroine and nice hero. But it wasn't everything I hoped for. As much as I liked it I wasn't all that crazy about it. Which leaves me with a three star rating and a feeling I will give this author a chance in the future, because I defintely want to read more by Audrey Bell.

”I’m a little bit of a disaster, Hadley.”

“Then, you’re my favorite disaster, Jack.”

Maia
***4.5 favorite stars***
Recommend for fans of The Deal by Elle Kennedy & other friends with benefits college romance stories

(Thank you Alexandra for recommending this!)

Edit:(For some reason I keep coming back to this book every year since I first read it, I think it's the relationship dynamic)

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I think this was just the fixer upper I needed after a load of 2-3 star book slump. I'll keep it short because I've been up all night reading & my eye lids weigh a ton right now

Do not trust
Liz* Fashionably Late
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Rom com lovers
Recommended to Liz* Fashionably Late by: Kat Stark

We all have our own doubts. We all have weaknesses.
Even in our strong places, we have weaknesses.

I can't believe this is happening. Just when I though NA and I just wasn't meant to be.

Do you want your New Adult without instalove? where there's more than just sex, sex everywhere? where main characters are complex and realistic enough? addressing serious issues like bulling, homophobia and abusive relationships? This is a book for you, then.

NA and I have had a tumultuous relationship. Actual
Shannon Moore
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever stumble upon a book that's so pleasantly surprising, it just puts you in a good mood? That's me current situation in regards to Love Show by Audrey Bell. I had never heard of this author or book, until one day I was searching for something else and somehow got here.

This is like a perfect mix of everything I like. It's a romcom but with some heavier issues, trust me, no character is without their own hang ups here. It's fun and flirty, but sweet and hopeful too. You deal with a cocky
Aestas Book Blog
Dec 30, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-tbr, soon
I love the sound of this!!! One more for the TBR!

BLURB: Hadley Arrington is the career-driven editor-in-chief of her university’s prestigious newspaper. Jack Diamond is a laidback student whose good looks have made things even easier than they need to be. She’s the girl who came out of nowhere and kissed him in the rain. He’s the boy who made her do something crazy.

When the stakes seem too high, they have to decide if they’ll let their love show or if they’ll walk away for good.
♛Tash
Jan 29, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Lightning strike me, I'm gonna read NA this year and like it. I must. In any case, I already bought the book so...

Susana
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Susana by: Melissa (Ever So Mela)

With a good editor this could be a five star story.
Despite that, this was actually one of the best stories I've read this year. I don't know why it surprised me, but it did.

The thing becomes even more surprising, since this is a new adult story, and I normally have the worst luck with those. I think this is probably the second NA that I've liked, so far.

The thing that makes "Love Show" a great story, besides the characters (Hadley, Jack and David) and their interactions, are the dialogues.

I
Arlene
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Aw, I’m not going to give up that easily,” he smiled. “You’re the one who started it. You shouldn’t have kissed me like that if you wanted to be left alone.”

Beautiful, funny and down right loveable. Yes, this book was definitely lovable!!

Love Show has been popping up on my feed and getting in my face for months! Every time it crossed my path, I’d tell it, don’t worry you’re next on my read list, but then I’d get distracted with something else and forget about it. Well ever have that feeling li
-ya
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult-rec
Hadley~
She promised herself she was never going to give anything up for love.

Jack~
He fell in love with Hadley and tried hard to let her go.

I admit I wanted to punch Hadley a few times. She was an idealist. I thought her rules with Jack went OTT for my taste. But I understood how she shaped her views. Yes, she was admirable for not giving up her career. But I also greatly respect a woman who let go of her dream for love and family.

Jack was such a wonderful hero. I loved his character and person
Monika
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, new-adult, 2014
A good way to start of 2014!

Tamara
4,5 stars

I think this is my favorite NA novel. No slut shaming. No unnecessary drama. These characters actually talk to each other. They open their mouths and communicate. No stupid misunderstandings that could have been resolved in two seconds with JUST TALKING. I am so frigging happy!!!

This book mixes up some of the best rom-com plots I love. It starts with such a simple plot; a career driven girl named Hadley deciding to have a bit fun one day by kissing a stranger so ramdomly. In the rain. A
Hiba

After some bitter experiances, I've become really choosy about my new adult or college romances. I only read those books that are reviewed positively by people who I know won't tolerate stupid girl hating slut shaming douchbag of a heroine/hero. But after reading few NA books, I've realized that all these college romances follow same old idea. These books aren't offensive in any way but really, they're not any thing different and refreshing; just like 'Love Show'. This one got some pret
Joan (official heroine hater)
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone sick of the same old-same old in the NA genre
Congratulations, Ms. Bell, you have managed an almost impossible feat….writing a really good New Adult novel! I really, really enjoyed this book, couldn’t put it down and managed to plow through the whole thing in one day. Really enjoyed all the characters in this-they all felt real and flawed without the overblown angst and hysterics. And the banter was GREAT-really well done.
Hadley, our heroine, was intelligent and driven and acted like a real 22 year old would. No overblown dramatics
Jeanne
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this! Very refreshing. The writing was smart, engaging and funny. I loved the banter and dialogue between the characters. It was so nice to read a book in this genre that didn't fall back on the same old cheesy lines and contrived drama. The characters were likable and believable. I will definitely keep an eye out for other books from this author! ...more
Marla Mei

Finally! A new adult book that is actually goooood!!! Come on guys, you gotta admit, finding a decent new adult book these days is hard. So I'm really happy that I finally found it! I found the one! The one that makes me talk in exclamation points! Eureka! Yes! Hooray! I want more NAs like these, pleaseeee.
Love Show 2 58 Jan 10, 2014 05:08PM

• Undecided (Burnham College, #1)
  • The Do-Over
  • More Than Water (More Than Water, #1)
  • You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1)
  • Third Degree
  • Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)
  • It Felt Like a Kiss
  • Keep Me Still (Keep Me Still, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Whatever Life Throws at You
  • Switched
  • All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)
  • The Hook Up (Game On, #1)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
  • A Girl Like You
  • Wrecking Ball (Hard to Love, #1)
Audrey Bell is a writer living in New York.

News & Interviews

“I’m a little bit of a disaster, Hadley.”
“Then, you’re my favorite disaster, Jack.”
19 likes
“When you lose someone important, not everything makes sense. Being angry was easier than being hurt. Being alone was easier than letting people get too close.” 13 likes