Start by marking “The Reaper and the Cop (Liberty Oakwood, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Reaper and the Cop (Liberty Oakwood, #1)

The Reaper and the Cop

(Liberty, Oakwood #1)

Death’s big business. For Laney Larson, it’s a full time job.

The latest in a long line of Reapers, Laney hits Liberty, Oakwood expecting the usual ‘reap and run’ type of job. However the small town holds far more secrets than she expects, including a sexy cop who blindsides her reaper instincts - big time.

Liberty. It used to be a nice town until the things that go bump in
Published February 28th 2014 by Blue Hedgehog Press

To ask other readers questions about The Reaper and the Cop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reaper and the Cop

LIA  Kh.
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
My inner voice : WHAT THE HELL.... Like 5 times. It's suddenly ended like that. Apparently it's a to be continued series. Dang it to moon and back :').
Okay the pace is really fast too fast, yea well duh, 46 pages, trying to explain it one go.
I really like the plot and the storyline, also the characters. So Mina Carter now officially my new favorite author.

Off to book 2.
Elspeth
Jan 22, 2015 marked it as to-read
Okay...

I am a bit confused here. Amazon has this listed as a BBW book, which I had to search cause I have never met an acronym I didn't have to have somebody explain to me. Well the consensus is that it means Big Beautiful Women, and it stated these books that Amazon tags with it are about curvy girls and not skinny waifs.

I can get behind that, I get sick of the template heroine in romances novels with the tiny, tiny waist, perfect hair, big tits, and an lush ass. I'm mean it's got to the point
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
This book was 46 pages and all of it pretty much nonsense. The sex scene takes up more time than the plot.
Chappy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh man, this was too short. I was just getting into the story and it's already over.

Not too many books feature a snarky, petite but uber-curvy Reaper of death as the heroine. Add in a sexy cop that knows too much about the paranormal world and you've got a recipe for steamy hotness.
Sue Ellen Robertson
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! The author definitely takes you for a run on your money with this one! She loves to make you think you have things figured out and then throws a turn into it. She gives you a little back story on the Reaper situation and how it is passed to the next person.

You have Laney who loves her job, a reaper, hey someone has to do it right. She is great at doing it and has never had the issues of persuading someone to only see what she wants them to see until now. When her job takes
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read several of Mina Carters books and I like each new book better than the last lol. This was no different. First I love out of the box books and a reaper is perfect fit. Laney is in teh family business of reaping. Troy is a cop who knows about the supernatural creatures, well not all of them. Laney is looking for her next job and runs into Troy, instant attraction and lust. Troy knows Laney is other just doesnt know what that is exactly, until work comes calling. Now Laney has a town to ...more
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a quick, sexy, sassy read I’d definitely recommend checking out The Reaper and the Cop, the first in the Liberty Oakwood series. The pace of this piece was great; not too fast, and not too slow. I kept turning the pages, ready and excited to see what would happen next. Be warned though, the ending is abrupt, and definitely leaves you wanting more. Still, the writing is solid, the characters brilliantly written and the plot insanely intriguing.

We start off meeting Laney, a
Rachel
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes paranormal with a bit of sarcasm.
Shelves: kindle, author-copy, 2014
This was the first book of Mina's that I have read. I will be reading more.
Laney is tough and outspoken. I like this in a heroine. She has just the right amount of snark and not only knows it but is unapologetic about it. She knows who she is and what she is with few if any reservations. Troy is hot and sexy with a caring side. He is willing to follow his instincts to find the answers to his questions. Though protective, he has the ability to stay out of the way at times. He also knows what h
Book Snob Sue
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Mina Carter books. She's a reaper that gets called to town. When she gets there, one of the cops can see her even though he shouldn't be able to He is fully aware of all the Supernaturals in their town, but he's not sure what is drawing them there. These two have crazy chemistry together. And apparently she is staying in town for awhile to try and figure out what's going on.
Debra Johnson
The Reaper and the Cop (Liberty Oakwood, #1) by Mina Carter is a Paranormal Suspense Adult Romance.
It is a short serial of about 40 or so pages.
No one writes serial shorts like Mina Carter! She always delivers a fantastic read that is superbly written. I know it is short. I know it is a serial. But! Wow!
The action is fast paced. The characters and world build have the perfect amount of information.
NO boring repetitiveness.
NO editing mistakes.
It moves at supersonic speed, grips you from the
Crina (Reading Addict)
Original post on http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/

I read this because I have it, but is not so important for you to read it, just if you want to know how they met and stuff.

It’s a cute and hot novella, in which you can find both steamy romance and a kick-ass female lead that beat the s.ht out of a werewolf. I’m not a violent person but I really liked the times when she showed that she could take care of herself and do her job.

Plus the two of them and nice to see together, I like the tension betw
Danielle Peace
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Honestly this probably closer to a 4.5 star. I loved and hated this story. And by hated I mean the fact that it ended so quickly! Mina Carter did a fantastic job hooking me into this universe. Laney is spunky and hell on wheels, just the kind of character I love reading about. Troy is sexy and completely wins me over with his get down to business attitude and protective nature. And the chemistry between them is like fireworks.

Big thanks to This Redhead LOVES books for giving me an ARC copy to re
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
This was a fun listen..... The audio was 1hr 35min so pretty short, Laney is a reaper who ends up stopping in Liberty Oakwood and runs into detective Troy Regan and the sparks fly. Snarky, funny, hot and just to damn sort. Hope the author continues this series
Jennifer James
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lucky enough to get to do a beta read on this bad boy. Loved it. :)

Wanted MORE! MORE MORE MORE. :D

Really fun story.
Megan
I shall review this fully when at home
Sandra
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Almost like a teaser rather than a shorty. Enjoyed it and now I want more!

E.G. Manetti
In a nice change from trope standards, the heroine, Laney, is the dark and dangerous supernatural and Troy, the hero, is an 'ordinary' human. Albeit a cop, but at least he's not a billionaire. At 37 pages, its more a short-story than a novella and it does a nice job of quickly introducing the alternate universe of Liberty Oakwood and the beginning of the romance between the two main characters. Definitely an insta-love story justified by paranormal hormones, and for those who like a sassy heroin ...more
L M
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unfortunately just too short to be really enjoyable but a great lead in to a new series.
Loved the kickass Laney, what a career she has and Troy was ooh la la. Protective, strong even though he is only human.
JB
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wowza! What a way to start a series. Now I have to go find all the books that follow and read them. Whoot! Great short read, quick, dirty, satisfying and leaves you literally panting for more. Enjoy!
Jane
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A prequel story originally published in the Wicked after Dark anthology. A reaper arrives in a small town on her Grimm's summons only to find out there's a lot more going on than she thought. Steamy yet romantic with lots of smart banter and plenty of action.
Well worth the read.
Stephanie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, novella
Cute lil Novella and great start to the series. Sarcasm galore. Love it!!
Jennifer Erwin
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Another fun short read I forgot I had.
Karen Stewart
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Can’t help but love a kickass heroine with a dark side. Than you add a hot, buff cop and voila! Awesomeness.😁
Keoki Ki`Ili
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best first half to a story I've read. Quick, fast paced, then you get steamy and just as quickly it ends. To say that it leaves you breathless would be short and pointless.
Virginia H
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone in paranormal romance
This was a very interesting book. I like the book and one thing I hated that it was too short. I want to read more of Mina Carter books. She really knows how to put you in a good twist.
Cheshire Cat
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
good, but way to short
Kelly
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a little on the short side for my initial liking, but then I saw there was a 2nd book in this series and got excited. So, there you go. Reapers going to town on those who need to die do it for me, I guess. Throw in a hot cop who knows more than Laney expected about the supernatural world and you have the recipe for a sexy evening. And beyond, if she plays her cards right.

What can I say, hot cops and Reapers and danger are a-okay in my book. Bring on the next installment.

-Kelly @ Reading
Sophia
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't know what it is about a wry, slightly snarky first person narration in a paranormal story, but I just eat that up. Laney, the heroine, is a Grim Reaper and she gives the details of her background and the beginning of the story. I plunged into this short piece so deeply that I blinked in shock to see I was at the end. I think I might have made one of those unbecoming whimper sounds over my disappointment to see there was no more.

Laney comes to town following the hunch her reaper magic giv
Judy Lewis
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SERIOUSLY SEXY AND DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING !!!
Title: The Reaper and the Cop
Series: Liberty, Oakwood
Designation: Book One of Series, Includes a Happy-For-Now
Author: Mina Carter
My Rating: FIVE CAPTIVATING STARS*****
Oh my! Buttons over Biscuits! Talk about wild, hot and seriously sexy....this book has it all! Mina Carter has packed a heck of a lot of punch into this small package and I loved every single page! Love action-packed adventure? It's included! Prefer something with a paranormal/superna
April
Oh boy, this is a great little read, sorry it is so short! It is the beginning of the Liberty Oakwood series. I loved all the sass of the take no prisoner’s reaper!!

The world building is brief, but you get a great idea of where things are headed. I was surprised to see things build so quickly in this short book. There are holes, but I am sure they will be patched in the next book.

Laney is awesome in all her butt kicking glory!! She serves some serious attitude! Her banter with yummy detective T
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1)
  • The Flesh Cartel #18: The Long Road
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Trusting an Angel
  • The Garnet Dagger (Legends of Oblivion, #1)
  • Twelve (The MORE Trilogy, #3)
  • Cloaked in Fur (The Wulfkin Legacy, #1)
  • The Twisted Kiss (Doomsyear, #1)
  • Angel Kin (Angel Assassins, #2)
  • Critical Intelligence (Immortal Ops, # 2)
  • Dangerous Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #2)
  • Rhymes With Orange (Suncoast Society, #35)
  • Tangled Souls
  • Sentinel  (Light Mage Wars #0.5)
  • Shrouded in Illusion
  • Web of Bones (Dragon Mage, #2)
  • The Approach (Wunder #1)
  • Trick of Silver (Darren & Aden, #1)
Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use a broadsword (with varying degrees of efficiency) she was disgusted to find that adventuring is not considered a suitabl ...more

Liberty, Oakwood (2 books)
  • Dead Reaper Walking (Liberty, Oakwood, #2)