Start by marking “Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland

A new demented modern interpretation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. With illustrations by Los Angeles based street artist Tweedle Guns. The White Rabbit has killed Alice's Sister and cat. Sending her on a revenge quest down the rabbit hole. Alice finds herself a pawn in a deadly battle for supremacy of Wonderland.
Paperback, Limited Edition
Published (first published June 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland

Brittany
Sep 26, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you don't mind rewrites of a classic and are a fan of Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland you will love this book. But be warned, this is not a children's story it is more of young adult non-fiction. There is swearing and drug use, blood and gore, and right now and I'm only on the sixth chapter. Any ways so far it is an amazing book and I can't wait to finish it. Finding out who you-know-who was was funny I loved it.
Oh My Bookness
Jul 27, 2014 Oh My Bookness rated it it was amazing
Book Review:
By Brittany Perez (Oh My Bookness)
@ohmybookness
Bperezbookreviews@gmail.com

Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland by Raul Contreras is a twist on Lewis Carroll's Classic Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. If you like Pride, Prejudice and Zombies or Lincoln, Vampire Hunter both twist on classic story and a ex president, you will like Alice's Bloody Adventures in Wonderland by Raul Contreras. These stories though only has one thing in common, a talented writer weaved a new tale while ke
Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly
Jul 17, 2015 Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly rated it really liked it
This was a very fun read.

I didn't know how I would feel about this book as Alice in Wonderland is sacred to me. But the
authors note at the front reassured me with him saying how important to A.I.W is to him.
He literally takes the original text, the quotes we all know and love and twists them into something dark and bloody.
I really did enjoy this book and I laughed quiet a lot on this trip to wonderland. My only problem was that it wasn't descriptive enough for me. My favourite part was when Ali
Leigh Guilford
Mar 30, 2014 Leigh Guilford rated it it was amazing
my dates for this book being started and finished are not set because I have not chosen to put it down.
I find the artwork amazing! I feel a hallucinogenic color copy of this book would fit perfectly ;-) There are few things that stick with us from childhood and for me one of those things was Alice..from literacy to animation Disney versions and now her bloody adventures!
Not everyone will understand this version of Alice however I get the motive, and the undying need of catching that fuzzy littl
Sarah Crawford
Feb 14, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Imagine Alice as a modern-day kiss-ass young girl. With a proclivity for using knives and guns. Whose sister and cat were gutted by an murderous White Rabbit.
Imagine that and you've got this book. Along with some weird humor. It follows the basic story but with it's own, should we say, variations. Like when Alice steps on the frog footman "causing his innards to explode out his mouth..."

Or there's the baby/pig from her encounter with the cook. The pig ends up shot by Alice and barbecued. Or how
Mandi
Jun 04, 2014 Mandi rated it it was amazing
I must say that I was disappointed when the story came to an end. This book was such a fun and twisted version of the book we've all read and loved as a child. I found myself giggling and amused at many times that I wish I had someone reading it with me to share the enjoyment. Go on, take this adventure.
Anne
Apr 01, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
When I received the signed copy of Alices's Bloody Adventures i was soon to learn that this wasnt the Alice i remembered from childhood.This is a violent spin on the original Alice in Wonderland.The illustrations throughout the book were a nice touch,and i have to admit,i did enjoy the book.
Scar
Feb 09, 2014 Scar marked it as to-read
I love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland!!! You have no idea how much I love it and how this book intrigues me. I really want to read this absolutely fascinating book!!! (:
Tine ☾
Oct 05, 2013 Tine ☾ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alice
Fantastic! Loved it..
Brianne Reeves
Mar 11, 2014 Brianne Reeves rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I found that this read a bit like a fanfiction (Not that that's terribly surprising.) Alice's voice changed back and forth between what would be a more typical Alice in Wonderland voice and what is supposed to be a gothy teenage girl voice. There wasn't any real rhyme or reason to it. It's also not very clear why Alice chose to follow the deadly rabbit instead of aiding her sister or getting help first (though I understand the plot point).

Overall, I wasn't thrilled.
Deanna Ali Williams
Love the twist to the classic tale. The author is amazing. My husband and i met him at the Zooh Corner Rabbit Rescue Nightmare Before Christmas Party and he was super nice! Along with his adorable bun Boo Radley. :) Amazing book, can't wait for it to publish in color to buy that copy as well!
Zoë
It was okay but not great. Its weak at best and too modernized with lazy urban slang, that feels out of place in a rewrite of a classic book, and at times just too random even for Wonderland.
Valerie
Valerie rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Adrian Syson
Adrian Syson rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Scaryqueen
Scaryqueen rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2013
Cesia Vlador
Cesia Vlador rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Raul Contreras
Jan 27, 2014 Raul Contreras rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gitte
Gitte rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2017
Elaine Carass
Elaine Carass rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Psikid
Psikid rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Charles Chen
Charles Chen rated it it was ok
May 10, 2015
Hailey Iacono
Hailey Iacono rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Gemma
Gemma rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Christabelle
Christabelle rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Irina
Irina rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Sydney Cleary
Sydney Cleary rated it did not like it
Oct 10, 2016
  • A Dark Tyranny (Of Darkness & the Light Book 1)
  • The Cherry Blossom Murder (Josie Clark in Japan mysteries #1)
  • Gotham Academy: Endgame #1
  • Delta the Dancing Elephant: A Memoir
  • Black Lizard and Bitter Taste (Alice in the Country of Clover, Vol. 2)
  • Pork
  • Cellar Girl
  • Rich Man's Deception: Complete Boxed Set
  • Vampires, Thieves, and Griffins
  • The Modern Fae's Guide to Surviving Humanity
  • Revolutionary French Cooking
  • The Black Lotus (Night Flower, #1)
  • The Vampire's Consort
  • Shock Me (The Shock Me Series, #1)
  • Sea Wenches: Book 1 (Sea Wenches, #1)
  • Every Breath You Take (Jensen Murphy, Ghost For Hire, #3)
  • Fresh Cooking: A Year of Recipes from the Garrison Institute Kitchen
  • My Heroes Have Always Been Hitmen (Greatest Hits, #7)