Start by marking “The Prophecies (The Sentinel #2)” as Want to Read:
The Prophecies (The Sentinel #2)

The Prophecies

(The Sentinel #2)

Eve grows stronger and more powerful every day as she strives to ensure she is ready to face her destiny. But her new gifts draws the unwelcome attention of The Oraculum, the council that created her. When she is summoned to their castle she becomes aware of a rift between the council members that not only could endanger her life, but could put the whole planet at risk. ...more
Published October 1st 2014 (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Prophecies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prophecies

Start your review of The Prophecies (The Sentinel #2)
Megan Readinginthesunshine
If you thought The Sentinel was amazing, then The Prophecies is SPECTACULAR. Holly really moves things up a gear in all areas – the action, the danger, the romance – everything is given SUCH a boost and I went through a massive range of emotions. My heart pounded as I read the action scenes, I felt frightened and protective of the characters every time when they were in danger. I laughed out loud so many times that my husband had me reading out passages, and at other times my heart broke and I ...more
Elaine
Oh boy is this story a wild ride! I’d thought the first novel in this series had been an enthralling action packed fantasy adventure but this series just keeps on getting better! This is a hard-hitting, awesome sequel in which the superheroine, Eve, faces her creators, the Oraculum, nine super-powered leaders who should be working together but are being torn apart as prophecies surface indicating they’ll end up murdering each other because of her actions.

The bounty on her head is increasing and
Aven Ellis
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading The Prophecies is just like riding a sleek roller coaster. It's fast. It has some wild twists and turns. And you grip on to the person next do you and don't let go until the ride is over, and when it is over, you think it went by way too fast because you loved the ride so much.

The Prophecies is the second book in YA Fantasy series, The Sentinel, by Holly Martin. And in this sequel, Ms. Marin RAMPS up everything another notch! Eve is not only faced with saving the world, but managing her
Rebecca
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/.

Eve is back, people. And she is back with a BANG!!!

Ever since reading the first book in The Sentinel series, I realised that I had learnt something brand new about myself. I actually have a little part inside me, hidden beneath the hearts and the romance and the lovey-dovey stuff, that gets a secret kick out of hard-hitting, action-packed fantasy novels, and The Sentinel (the first in the series) and The Prophecies (the awesome book that
Katie Jones
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is just constant action. Never ending threats to Eve's life. Political double crossing. Enemies coming at her from all over the place. Great fun. I love the characters, particularly Zach & Lucas in this one.
Jess Bickerton
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another year… another awesome read from the talented Holly Martin!

Last year Holly set fire to the Twitter world as a craze began in awe of her first novel The Sentinel. I was part of this outbreak as I absolutely adored the characters and the storyline. I was left with an incredible book hangover when I finished the book and the thought of having to wait for the next instalment was horrifying!! What a tease ;)

And at last… here it is! Holly Martin has produced another electrifying read with the
Jo Hughes
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would like to that author Holly Martin for sending me a copy of this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I love the cover for this book and it really is eye catching, I was so happy when Holly asked me to be part of the cover reveal.

When Holly contacted me and asked would I like to review this book, I jumped at the chance. The Sentinel was one of the very first books I reviewed and I absolutely loved it, I’ve been waiting to read this for nearly 12 months and I wasn’t disappointed.

When we
Erin
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, a massive massive thank you to Holly for sending me a copy of this to review. This is the second book in Holly’s The Sentinel series and I have been eagerly waiting on it since the moment I finished The Sentinel (book 1).

The story follows main character Eve who has been created to save the world. Eve finds out in book 1 that this is her destiny and her life changes forever. The story rejoins Eve and her personal Guard at the fort where they all now stay and where Eve is in training for
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I absolutely love The Sentinel and I have been desperately trying to find some time in my schedule to read the sequel and I am so glad I did.

I still can't get over how Holly switches between genres. She writes amazing romantic love stories and then she can also write epic fantasies like this. She is extremely talented.

This book had be gripped. I was turning every page at record speed but also petrified of what would happen next.Holly puts
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This book is a great follow up to a first novel by Holly Martin. The book follows Ever and her battle with new prophecies and new enemies, while her life is still at risk and the book follows these new dangers and how Eve deals with the problems.

This book was just as exciting as the first and honestly, I usually find the books in a sequel to be disappointing compared to the first but this one was definitely just as good and a really great follow up.

Same as the first book, I read this one is
Dogsnbooks20
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely brilliant! It was up to the same fantastic standard as, "The Sentinel." I found it action-packed and romantic. A lovely plot and the style of writing makes me feel close to the characters-like I'm actually witnessing the events! I simply cannot wait to read the third book called, "Adam." Also this book is definitely 5 star material!!! I would most gladly recommend it!
Donna Ann Sutcliffe
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I was not overly struck on the first book, but it had a good concept so I tried this book. I enjoyed it a lot more. Her character was not so whiny in this one. Lots of double crossing and bounty on her head but the characters around her are enjoyable. Will have to read the next one now.
Amy P.
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New series to follow!

4.5 stars...I happened upon this series by chance and am glad I did. Hunky protectors, kick butt Sentinel and NO teen angst/love triangles. What's not to love?!
Mary Sue Newson
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating

Really good book. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat but also has the human touch to even things out. Thanks to the author!
P A A HALL
Morgan
Jun 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beneath the Moon and the Stars
  • Princess (The Johnson Family #1)
  • The Cosy Seaside Chocolate Shop
  • Witch is How Bells Were Saved (A Witch P.I. Mystery Book 33)
  • Finch Merlin and the Fount of Youth (Harley Merlin, #10)
  • Finch Merlin and the Lost Map (Harley Merlin #11)
  • An Origin of Vampires (A Shade of Vampire #78)
  • Christmas at the Second Chance Chocolate Shop (Rabbit's Leap, #3)
  • Darklight (Darklight, #1)
  • A Veil of Dark (A Shade of Vampire #80)
  • A Game of Death (A Shade of Vampire #79)
  • Finch Merlin and the Djinn's Curse (Harley Merlin 12)
  • Outliers (Transient #2)
  • Source (Transient #3)
  • Initiate: Book Two in the Variant Series
  • Trial One (Demonspawn Academy #1)
  • Cloaks and Daggers (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Dark Matter (The Starfire Wars, #2)
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more

The Sentinel (4 books)
  • The Sentinel (The Sentinel #1)
  • The Revenge (The Sentinel, #3)
  • The Reckoning (The Sentinel, #4)