Start by marking “The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1)

The Book of Ivy

(The Book of Ivy #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  14,845 Ratings  ·  2,347 Reviews
After a brutal nuclear war, the United States was left decimated. A small group of survivors eventually banded together, but only after more conflict over which family would govern the new nation. The Westfalls lost. Fifty years later, peace and control are maintained by marrying the daughters of the losing side to the sons of the winning group in a yearly ritual.

This yea
Published November 4th 2014 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Ivy, please sign up.
K R I've never read Cruel Beauty, so I can't compare based on reading experience, however, check the ratings and you will see TBoI has a MUCH higher…moreI've never read Cruel Beauty, so I can't compare based on reading experience, however, check the ratings and you will see TBoI has a MUCH higher rating. Trust me, it is worth the read.(less)

Kassidy
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I need the next book now. That was crazy!
~Poppy~
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"A boy who doesn't want to lie, married to a girl who can't tell the truth."

“You’re easy to read, Ivy, but the whole book of you is complicated.”

Wow, this is the first book that I loved the main characters(Ivy and Bishop❤) and no one else.. That's first!!! Except for the two of them I hated everyone else! I was suspicious about everything and everyone! I was right! And then, the ending ruined me!! Why????

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------
Lola
Jan 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
My name is Ivy Westfall, and my mission is simple: to kill the president’s son—my soon-to-be husband—and return the Westfall family to power.

So the premise is grandiose. AMAZING. I didn’t want to expect much from this book, but how could I not, with that enticing blurb and beautiful cover? In fact, it all screamed KICKASS! And a kickass dystopian book is always welcome. Always. But this book barely contained any action. There was secrecy and plotting, of course, but no real and convincing exec
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
YES! DAT ENDING DOE.

Okay, I was totally prepared to give this, like, 3.5 or 4 stars. It was enjoyable, but there wasn't much going on storywise. And then somewhere nearing the end things went exactly in the direction I wanted it to go, and the ending--even though it's a cliffhanger--still left me really really fucking satisfied. I thought this book was good before, but after finishing it, I can honestly say I would stamp "AWESOME" onto the cover.

Also, side note; before I read this book, I joking
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
EXCUSE ME WHILE I PICK UP THE PIECES OF MY HEART THAT JUST SHATTERED ALL OVER THE PLACE
Μaria Vrisanaki
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Είμαι θυμωμένη!
Είμαι ΕΞΑΛΛΗ και θέλω να βρίσω, αφού δεν μπορώ να μπω μέσα στο βιβλίο για να ξεριζώσω μαλλιά και να σπάσω μύτες και κεφάλια, αλλά κρατιέμαι γιατί το έχω χέσει (ουπς) με τις βρισιές. Αλλά θα σκάσω αν δεν το πω!!!
Έχω μισήσει σκύλες και σκύλες. Πρώτη και καλύτερη την Λεβάνα. Δεύτερη την Εβαγκελίν. Αλλά καμία, μα καμία δεν είναι τόσο καριόλα όσο είσαι εσύ ρε Κάλι! Συγχαρητήρια, τις έσκισες όλες!
Δεν μπορώ! Μόλις έχω τελειώσει το βιβλίο και είμαι ακόμα τόσο… μέσα στην ιστορία -αυτή είνα
Jasmine
"A boy who doesn't want to lie, married to a girl who can't tell the truth."

The moment I saw this stunning cover, I've made up my mind whatever happened, I'll read it. Because, c'mon! Isn't it eye-catching?

-Her white backless dress indicated her early wedding.
-The knife held behind her back meant the very purpose she needed to get close to him.
-The silhouette of the city resembled where the story took place, including Westfall(West) and Lattimer(East) sides of it.

This is a story about arran
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)

Lately, I have been a bit weary of hype. Hype can be a great thing because it enables you to find books you would otherwise never have picked up. However, it can also take the fun out of reading because you practically already know everything about a book before you’ve even read the first page. This is why I decided to pick up The Book of Ivy, which I really hadn’t heard that much about previously. In this case, the decision paid of. I really enjoyed this novel; it was a very short, qui
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!!

You guys, you NEED to read this! I couldn't put it down! I read it in 2 sittings which never happens! I loved everything about this book, the pacing was perfect, the characters were amazing, the love story was one of the best I've seen, not rushed, it was just perfect! Bishop is now one of my new book boyfriends for sure!

Its going to be a struggle waiting for the next book! I NEED to know what happens with Ivy!!!!!!

This book was sent to me for review by Entangled Teen fo
C.G. Drews
Well, that felt underwhelming. (I'm sorry...I really thought I'd like this one!) I have read a whole ton of dystopians though, so I blame that for making me feel like I'd "heard this all before". It was a lot like Matched meets Uglies. Like combine those two plots and: BOOM -- I knew exactly what was going to happen.

Plus it suffered from "strong heroine" syndrome. "Why is that bad, Cait?" you ask. "Why don't you like heroines who are tough and strong?" OKAY, LEMME EXPLAIN: I do. But I don't. I f
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, owned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This book has shattered my heart into a million pieces and I'll never be the same again.....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

VIDEO REVIEW: https://youtu.be/0W55NkH4cfM
BLOG REVIEW: http://thebookvagrant.blogspot.com/20...
Shannon (leaninglights)
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
My thoughts on The Book of Ivy are quite simple: I loved it.

It's been awhile since I have picked up a straight young adult dystopian book and I have to say that the experience was refreshing. This book is a testament to the idea that less can be WAY more. There is nothing complicated or overly complex about the book and honestly, it is part of what made is so enjoyable.

Amy Engel was able to capture something familiar yet enticing with her balance between politics and romance. The Book of Ivy, at
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
You can also read my review HERE.

"My mission is not to make him happy and bear his children and be his wife. My mission is to kill him"

Never mind that I have to wait for a year to read the sequel.

image

This book! This awesome and fantastic and brilliant book kept me up all night an I'm not even complaining! I remember saying ‘Okay, just the first chapter' then BAM! After almost 5 hours, I'm still in the same position, I've forgotten my hunger and bladder and yes, I was bit of a mess. Amy Engel, you
Riley
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OHMYGOD THIS WAS AMAZING
*review to come*
Lindsey Rey
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
[4.5 Stars]

Loved almost everything about this! I cried twice. I had to take off a half star because Ivy's actions for the last 100 pages or so were very frustrating for me to read. Highly recommend!!!
Menia
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
readathon 17 : 31. βιβλίο με όνομα χαρακτήρα στον τίτλο (γυναίκα συγγραφέας 17)

λοιπόν, Μαρίες (Μαρία και Μαρέιρα), η Εβαντζελίν είναι σκέτη γλύκα μπροστά στην Callie, μη σου πω και η Λεβάνα ακόμα...
άντε καλά το παρατραβάω, η Λεβάνα παραμένει κορυφή κακιασμένης τύπισσας (χμμ άντε καλά ξέρω και μερικά αληθινά δείγματα ανθρώπων :p )
από εκεί πέρα, γλυκιά ιστορία, με τσίτα νεύρα γιατί λες θα την χαστουκίσω τώρα ή σε λίγο, σε δυστοπικό τοπίο, με "χαλασμένη" κοινωνία.
θα έλεγα 3,5 αστεράκια αλλά θα χαρ
Nikoleta
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, fantasy
Μικρό σχετικά βιβλίο, αλλά ολοκληρωμένο. Βασίζεται κυρίως στην ψυχολογία της ηρωίδας, στα διλλήματα και στις εσωτερικές διακυμάνσεις που βιώνει. Σε κάποια σημεία μπορώ να πω ότι με εκνεύρισε, αν και παραδέχομαι ότι από την στιγμή που η συγγραφέας βασίστηκε στην αληθοφάνεια όσον αφορά την ψυχολογία ενός ατόμου που βρίσκεται στην δύσκολη θέση της Άιβι, δεν θα μπορούσε να το λήξει διαφορετικά. Μου άρεσε πολύ.
Kate (GirlReading)
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5*

With politics, assassination plots, secrets and romance, The Book of Ivy is without a doubt one of the most enjoyable dystopians I have read in years.

I had no idea what to expect going in to this but I definitely don't expect to love it so much. It had me totally engrossed from the first page until the last. I adored the characters, (Bishop officially has a place in my heart) and the relationship dynamics were addictive and layered. I absolutely fell in love with the romance. Oh the romanc
Ecmel Soylu
1,5/5 sanırım??

Bir diğer yorumlara bakıyorum bir de okuduğum kitaba da, biz aynı kitabı mı okuduk yahu :')

Distopya yönü o kadar zayıftı ki anlatamam. Nükleer savaşımsı bir şey olmuş, ufak bir topluluk kalmış, çit var bir tane, kimse o çitin dışında ne var bilmiyor vs... E ayrıntı biraz? Dünya hakkında hiçbir şey öğrenemedik. Temeli çok kötü kitabın.. :<
Hiçbir karakteri sevmedim. Ivy 16 yaşında olmasına rağmen inanılmaz iradeli, mantıklı, fedakar... Çocuk yaşında ama o yahu. Bishop da klasik k
Justine
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
4,5/5
Presque aussi bon que tout le monde le dit... à un détail près : il ne se passe vraiment pas grand chose, finalement, dans ce livre. Par contre, c'est en effet très intéressant au niveau psychologique et idéologique !
Aussi, la fin me semble un peu bancale. Ivy prend une décision très courageuse. Mais en voulant garder ce fameux secret, elle prend finalement le risque de voir son sacrifice vain... parce que la personne en question n'est pas plus en sécurité à présent.
Mais j'ai hâte de lire
Gamze
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"Neden benim için çabalamayı bırakmadın?" Kendime eğer uyuyorsa, bir daha sormayacağımı söyledim.
Uyumamıştı. "Ne demek istiyorsun?" Nefesi ensemdeki saçları gıdıkladı.
"Doğruluk mu, cesaret mi oynadığımız o akşam. Bir süre sonra annenin sevgisini kazanmak için çabalamayı bıraktığını söylemiştin." Durdum. "Neden benim için de pes etmedin?"
"Nedenini biliyorsun," dedi sessizce. Gözlerimi kapattım. Biliyordum ama duymak için hazır olduğumu sanmıyordum. Anc
Rusty's Ghost Engine (also known as.......... Jinky Spring)
Review also available at:

This book, especially the ending, gave me feels. The author did a really good job here of developing her characters, building her plot and writing in a beautiful, suspenseful style.

Let me start with Ivy, she was a really well thought out character whom I could emphasise with throughout the book (even though the way she never ratted on her family frustrated me). She was constantly under pressure from society and her family to perfor
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was so addicting! I had to stay up until 3:30AM to finish it because I had to know what happened. Bishop may also be my new book boyfriend. ;) All silliness aside this book was dark and provided an interesting perspective on women's rights and a society without democracy, and had me feeling very grateful for my own life. While the beginning of the book was a bit predictable, the ending certainly was not. I want the next book, but I've heard mixed things. We'll see...I don't think I can ...more
Wendy Higgins
I started this last night and finished by lunch today. SO GOOD! That cliffhanger was a doozy though, aaaaah!
Anatea Oroz
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is also posted on my blog, Anatea's Bookshelf.

Every time I see a dystopia book, I'm kind of skeptic to read it because they all have so similar concept and I can't help but feel that I've already read something alike. I'm happy to say that it wasn't the case with The Book of Ivy. I was actually pleasantly surprised with its concept and its originality, even though it had some dystopia stereotypes. I ended up LOVING the book! Though, I think that a lot of my doubts were because of t
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***
Our story was written long ago, and it does not have a happy ending.

The Book of Ivy was so much fun, and I quickly devoured it in two sittings! It's just one of those books that you can step right into and easily enjoy it from the first page on. The characters, the world building, the way the story progressed, it was all so effortless to connect with. And yes, I'm definitely kicking myself for not picking up this book sooner!
Once I’m safely out of range, I realize this is the
Merve Özcan
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Mükemmelsin kitap. Oturup ağlıycam şimdi. Gidin bulun lan okyanusu.

Rebekah
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Original Review at: www.awesomebooknuts.blogspot.com

What a GREAT book! I knew I wanted to read it but wasn't sure how I would enjoy it. Let me tell you how much I loved this book...I started it at 8:30ish in the evening and didn't put it down till after 2 in the freaking morning! AHHHH so good, in fact so good that I tweeted the author telling her how upset I am that I have to WAIT for book 2! GAH!

This book is engaging, entertaining, unputdownable, sweet, exciting, and devastating!

The story foll
Mareira
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Κεντρικός πυρήνας της ιστορίας η Άιβι και η δανεική δίψα της για εκδίκηση . Η πένα της Amy Engel όμως επιφυλάσσει μεγάλη συμπάθεια (ίσως και περισσότερη) για τον σύζυγό της , τον Μπίσοπ. Πλένει, μαγειρεύει, δανείζει βιβλία, ντύνεται σένια, σέβεται (σίγμα τελικό έγινε στον καναπέ), τριγυρνάει με πετσέτα, κάνει πεζοπορία. Όλες τις χάρες έχει και φτάσαμε στα 2/3 του βιβλίου για να τον αποκαλέσει η Άιβι με το όνομά του. Επισήμως μπήκε ο Μπίσοπ στη λίστα με τα bookboyfriends μαζί με Τράβις (Beautiful ...more
Sarah (Starry Night Reader)
I think I'm kind of burnt out on YA dystopia
  • The Wicked We Have Done (Chaos Theory, #1)
  • Mirror X (The Van Winkle Project, #1)
  • The Vault (The Farm, #3)
  • Some Fine Day
  • The Body Electric
  • The Fearless
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Fire in the Woods (Fire in the Woods, #1)
  • Feuds (The Feuds, #1)
  • The World Without a Future (The World Without End, #1)
  • Worlds Collide (Sunset Rising, #2)
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
  • Follow Me Through Darkness (Boundless, #1)
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Date with a Rockstar
  • Slip (Slip, #1)
  • Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood, #2)
Amy Engel is the author of THE BOOK OF IVY young adult series. A former criminal defense attorney, she lives in Missouri with her family. THE ROANOKE GIRLS (March 7, 2017), is her first novel for adults.

The Book of Ivy (2 books)
  • The Revolution of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
“You’re easy to read, Ivy, but the whole book of you is complicated.” 104 likes
“He didn’t save me, though. He allowed me the freedom to save myself, which is the very best type of rescue.” 102 likes