Start by marking “The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Girl in 6E

(Deanna Madden #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  16,644 ratings  ·  2,962 reviews
I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get sa
Kindle Edition, Longer Edition, 352 pages
Published January 21st 2014 by Redhook (first published April 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl in 6E, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Alannah From what I could understand, Simon went to get the key for Deanna's door. She sits on the other side with her knife, waiting for him to return but he…moreFrom what I could understand, Simon went to get the key for Deanna's door. She sits on the other side with her knife, waiting for him to return but he doesn't. The reader is left to assume he forgot or passed out. Deanna sits waiting for him and ends up falling asleep by the door. (less)
Melliott Not really a cliffhanger. The story has a satisfying resolution, but then takes you to one more event that lets you anticipate the next book. So it's…moreNot really a cliffhanger. The story has a satisfying resolution, but then takes you to one more event that lets you anticipate the next book. So it's not one of those that make you tear your hair out and scream, "WHAT?" when it ends abruptly.(less)

·  16,644 ratings  ·  2,962 reviews

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo TorreGirlin6ETitlebySueBee_zpsbb7e1c41.jpg
 photo 6EstoryXbysb_zps4d1d6d0a.gif
★★★★! The Girl in 6E (book 1). A captivating, suspenseful & soul-searching journey for a reclusive heroine with secrets!

“They believe what they see, because they want to believe. They want to believe that I am normal. And for the brief moments I am with them, I fool myself into thinking the same thing.”

The Girl in 6E is another clever and brilliantly told story courtesy Alessandra Torre. It’s best dived into therefore my review will be very vague.

All books in the Deanna Madden romantic thriller series are standvague.
Allsecrets!
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, adult-fiction
Erotic Suspense. Two words one would probably NEVER associate with me, yet I adored this book! It was incredibly fast-paced, and just as twisted as any Gillian Flynn book. Highly highly highly recommend.
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Grab this book whilst it's on SALE! Only $1.99 for a limited time (Until Nov 1st)* Amazon US *

This beautiful quote, for me, sums up the emotion of Girl in 6E. The words touch my heart, show me the beauty, the sadness and the eloquence of the writing.

I was excited, but also a little nervous going into this read, I knew it wasn't my normal kind of book; at times the gruesome nature of it made me want to squint at the words, look away..... Some of the subject matter is uncomfortably rotten, but in some scenarios,
Bibi
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alessandra is an exceptional author and I was completely blown away by this series.

We have a Girl with a penchant for knives and *cough* blood, a geeky hacker, a mailman, and a deliciously swoony psychiatrist. Between the lot of them, this non-stop suspense will have you gasping long after the last page.

Don't miss this series. Deanna is a badass.
Lo Bookfrantic
5***Captivating Stars

Genre: Erotic Thriller
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Deanna Madden Series
POV: Shifting

description

“Hope is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity.” Deanna

description

The Girl in 6E is a suspenseful and captivating book that gets you hooked from the beginning. Dexter Morgan lovers you will fall in love with this series. Deanna Madden aka Jessica B. Reilly; a twenty-one year old spends her daiclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Series
Thriller
Genre:
Clumsy Storyteller
My life is simple, as long as I follow the rules.

1. Don't leave the apartment.
2. Never let anyone in.
3. Don't kill anyone.

I've obeyed these rules for three years. But rules were made to be broken.

i loved deanna so much i ve finished the book in one day.

Thank you Alessandra Torre for the Signed paperback

Aj the Ravenous Reader

This is me fulfilling my promise to read a book with lots of blood and deaths and believe me this book has those things AND MORE- things that made me choke harder than the sight of blood and gore. This book annihilated what is little left of my innocence and if you want to keep your innocence intact, I suggest you stay away from this book. Lol.

This is probably what I looked like during the first half of the story.

Good thing there is more to this novel than those gory, graphic triple X RATED detail
Delee

3.5

Sooooo I think all those that know me- or those who THINK they know me (over the last week...Yes, you- HATERS included- heheheheeeeee)- know, I am NOT a big fan of erotica.

Nope, not a fan of erotica at all- NOT one little bit.

...but I will say- I didn't hate this book- and the person that put THE GIRL IN 6E on my radar- I looooooove immensely... Richelle, my darling. Yes, I <3 you- sooooo I put my feelings of erotica aside, and I will review this book accordingly.

[image error]
3.5

Nope, not a fan of erotica at all- NOT one little bit.

[image error] photo 0944b703-7e65-4af4-b542-ba1ca35b48f8_zpsaad9lidi.jpg

Deanna Madden- aka Jessica Reilly hasn’t touched another human being in three years. Because Deanna knows she may have "killer" tendencies. So she shuts herself away- to keep others safe.

[image error] photo 6c6ef755-e54b-458a-91d3-84e50927a7f9_zpsmycmb3dy.jpg

She has spent the last little while- semi-naked surrounded by Barbie pink...talking to perverted men online, for a living- with nothing on their minds but sex sex sex.

The only people she comes in contact with is her prescription drug addled neighbor (this photo is for you Stepheny- you're welcome)...and the hunky UPS dude- that delivers alllllllll her needs...

[image error] photo 397060ca-6618-482c-98e9-23d62a6fc6a7_zpszf1wu5d9.png

[image error] photo e1d75008-b3a1-41eb-bef3-21573046d379_zpsbkn8soi4.jpg

...but one day- she realizes that one of her perverts has crossed a line. And could be a tad dangerous...especially after she learns a little girl is missing- and Deanna is willing to take a chance of crossing her own line- to save an innocent....

[image error] photo bd9ec996-e423-479a-8fd2-e0ec9ab43152_zpsdqp2qick.png

Maybe....

I think this series has a lot of potential- even with a few glitches here and there. I give it a couple of thumbs up- minus half a thumb. ;)

Liz
"Hope is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity."

description

Suspense, intensity, horror, blood, terror, sex, passion, voyeurism, broken, joy, and romance are just a few words to describe the magnificence of Alessandra Torre’s The Girl in 6E.

Just like many other books, I saw this read splashing across the walls of countless GR posts. Of course, I shelv
Perry
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sex is the great amateur art." David Cort

A Male Perspective on Agoraphobic Internet Sex Operator

In a quick scan of other reviews I see I'm maybe the only guy writing a review. Almost all others were penned by women, many of whom (I note) have written reviews of novels in the "erotica" genre, a type I've not yet readCort
A
Brandi
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-twisty, suspense
description

The Girl in 6E is an intriguing, suspenseful read. The story of a 21 year old shut-in who spends her days and nights as a 'Cam girl' and lets just say business is good in the virtual world of sex. But with Deanna there is more than meets the eye. Deanna has locked herself away from others because she is afraid, if given the chance, she will not be able to resist her dark desires. Her mind is constantly plagued with an overwhelming desire to kill, for blood to flow.

The first shrink I had said I haveflow.
ALet
Apr 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2019
★ /5

It was ridiculous, but kind of intriguing at the same time. I wasn’t a fan of plot or characters, but writing style kept my attention and it was very easy to read. The story itself I found very unbelievable and nerve wracking at times. The main character motivation behind her action was weak and sometimes she felt like she mocked herself, as the story progressed she become more and more irritating. I kind of see why this book is so loved by a lot of readers, but for me it wasn’t
Peek At My Book Review
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Rating : 4 ‘Darkly Twisted’ Stars

description

My Views : I went in blind so this must already tell you so to say that I was Shocked to read this one is an UNDERSTATEMENT . This book contain Major Sexual Contents but No Actual Sex... and believe me none was needed and the book still rocked. description This author delivers a Twisted Erotic story which will shock the living hSexclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
My
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alessandra Torre Fans, Thriller, Romance
5 Unique, Thrilling, Perverse, Satisfying Stars
* * * * *
Before I started reading Romance, I was a mystery, psychological thriller, mind fuckery reader... yes, this gal who now reads all the hot, steamy, HEA's she can get her little hands on use to devour them.

So when The Girl in 6E came to me... I was very intrigued... classified as romance??? Has main character with urges to kill so strong her existence is in her apartment and she never leaves??? How the hell is this going to work, I wondered.

Well.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes dark stories and is less nit picky about realism
One thing changed my mind. One darn thing.

When I first finished The Girl in 6E, I honestly thought I was going to rate higher than where I ended up. At first, I was thinking something between 3 and 4 stars because I'd been entertained. But I sat on my thoughts for a moment and waited to review, which lead me to realize that my initial feelings about the entertainment value of the story were not balancing out my feelings about some of the unresolved character issues at the end of the book.

My
Nat
May 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
description
I feel like I just read a completely different story than everyone else?
And I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I'm truly trying to understand how this book got so many positive reviews.

Support creators you love. Buy a Coffee for nat (bookspoils) with http://Ko-fi.com/bookspoils
April (Aprilius Maximus)
This was SO GOOD! I had a few issues with the first half of the book where the character would repeat things that she'd already told us and there were super random chapters that were shoved in to give her backstory that didn't flow with the rest of the story, but when I got halfway through, I couldn't put the book down. I was SO hooked and I just had to know what happened! I can't wait to continue on with the series!
j e w e l s
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-bejeweled
I DON'T READ EROTIC STUFF, I don't even like romance mixed in my suspense. ICK!!

In my defense, I have never heard of "erotic thriller" as a genre. My innocent (!) little mind thought this book looked like it would be similar to THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW. I have been dying to get my hands on that upcoming book by AJ Finn.

The Overdrive app I use to borrow e-books from my library recommended this to me since all my other choices are still on hold. Don't you hate waiting for books o
Kathleen
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathleen by: SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
Story Rating ~ 4.5 Stars
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars
Hero Rating ~ 3 Stars
Romance Rating ~ Not really a romance
Heat Level ~ Hot (view spoiler)
Ending ~ 4.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

WOW! This was definitely not my usual read but I have to say that I enjoyed every moment. This book grabbed me right from the beginning and kept my interest all the way through. I
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“To the people I cam with, I am JessReilly19, a bubbly nineteen-year-old college student – a hospitality major – who enjoys pop music, underage drinking, and shopping. None of them really know the true me. I am who they want me to be, and they like it like that. So do I. Knowing the real me would be a bit of a buzzkill. The real me is Deanna Madden, whose mother killed her entire family, then committed suicide.”

^^^^Gets its hooks in you straight from the jump, right? You gethttp://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
I finally bought myself a copy of The Girl in 6E after lusting after it for some time, I did have a bit of cover love, I have to admit, but it was they synopsis that sucked me in. I love it when you read a blurb and know it's just different to anything else you have read lately. A game changer, that is what this was and I really enjoyed the journey.

Deanna Madden, aka Jessica Reilly, hasn't touched another person in three years. She hasn't left her apartment. She makes money from performing to webcams on a sexjourney.
Deanna
Rachel Reads Ravenously
2 stars

This is a book I've been meaning to read for years, so many of my book friends recommended it to me. I loved the concept of the book and how it sounded, but the execution...... not so much.

The two great things about this book are the concept and Torre's writing. My god, Torre is an amazing writer. She has a way with words unlike any other author I have seen in this genre. My problem with the book lay mostly with my own personal tastes, and the fact that the majority of the book just seemed to b
destini mia
Jun 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Interesting concept. Execution...

not so much.

DNF 60%

The writing felt forced, dialogue was sparse with pages and pages of inner monologues, and nothing happens for pretty much 50% of the story. The Girl in 6E is supposed to be a dark thriller and it only got the first half right. You get a lot about her internet sexcpades, homicidal tendencies, and not much else.

me: was not thrilled
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
“No one is normal. Everyone is just pretending to be normal.”

This is the story of a prostitute who never had sex, a story with sexual fetishes but no human contact, a story of murder obsession with no bloodshed. This is the story of Deanna and her life in the apartment 6E.

description

It’s been three years since Deanna left her apartment. She lost her entire family
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
3.5 stars but I'm rounding it up to a 4 because man was this book enjoyable.

Erotic Thriller. A genre I thought I would never read. And yet, I've been hearing so many good things about this one that I just had the urge to pick it up. And I'm SO glad I did, it was the perfect book for me to read right now, with exams taking up 99% of my brain space.

3.5 stars but I'm rounding it up to a 4 because man was this book enjoyable.

The Girl in 6E is a story about a girl who locks herself up in an apartment - apartment 6E - because she has thoughts of murdering people and cannot control her urges. In order to make enough money, she has become a cam girl, and a very popular one at that.

It's definitely a very interesting premise and one of those books that just fly by; many readers would probably be able to read it in a day. I was always looking forward to picking it up and once I did I found I didn't want to stop. I was thoroughly engrossed and entertained all the way through. Also, I really liked the main character and enjoyed reading from her point of view.

Despite the fact that I enjoyed this book so much, I couldn't give it a higher rating because besides entertainment, it didn't offer me much else. It became repetitive after a while and there wasn't much more to the story than the immediate plot line. I wish mental health would have been explored more, though maybe the author will get deeper into that in the second book in the series. Also, I didn't like the buddying-sort-of romance present; the guy seemed flat and I found that part of the story to be quite unnecessary.

Overall however, I full-heartedly recommend this book to all kinds of readers (even if you think erotica isn't your thing, it's not my thing either), especially if you need something quick and easy to get you out of a reading slump. Be warned however, that this book contains both graphic sex and violence and that child molestation comes into play. So if either of these make you uncomfortable or are triggers, stay away.
~ℑ
" Hope.
Hope is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity. "

These were that last words on the book, and I'm writing this review and hoping the next book will show us a glimpse into a better future for Deanna!

Deanna is webcam girl, she is twenty one, lives on her own, single.. Everything seems normal, right? But what isn't normal about her life is that she's been locked in her apartment for the last three years, why? Well surprise surprise; she has mur
Kim Bailey
How many stars can I give this book? 5 doesn't seem like enough.

There is a good possibility that Alessandra Torre is a genius ... Perhaps an evil genius ... But brilliant, all the same.

I was very careful about avoiding spoilers for this book ... And I'm so glad that I did. This story caught me completely off guard. But what a fabulous surprise! I found myself white-knuckle gripping my ereader and holding my breath through most of the secon
Lala BooksandLala
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 now THAT is just the suspense novel I've been waiting for. Not sure if I'll continue on on the series, thoughts from anyone who's read it?
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
❝He thinks I am weak. He thinks he can manipulate and subdue me. Kill me, like so many girls before me. He has no idea that my small frame and delicate features contain an evil that rivals his own. I finger the knife in my pocket and fight to keep a grin off my face. This is it. This is my time.❞

The Girl in 6E was definitely something else. I haven't read anything like it ever in my life lol. It was a mixture of erotica and psychological thriller. Although I did find the whole concept unique and i

• My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Held (Held, #1)
  • Do Us Part (The Dumont Diaries, #4)
  • Chosen
  • After
  • Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • The Contradiction of Solitude
  • Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #3)
  • Blind Obsession
A.R. Torre is a pseudonym of Alessandra Torre.

Deanna Madden (3 books)
  • Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden, #2)
  • If You Dare (Deanna Madden, #3)
“No one is normal. Everyone is just pretending to be normal.” 126 likes