Start by marking “Abduction” as Want to Read:
Abduction

Abduction

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Strange things are happening to Mandy Durgin. She cannot remember where she spends the night. Every morning, she wakes up with a total memory blackout. And yet...images flash through her waking mind. Dark probing eyes...cold disturbing hands...cryptic churning sounds...
Hardcover
Published July 1st 1998 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Abduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abduction

Jason
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Luke, who have been experiencing blackouts, memory lost was desperate for an answer to all his symptoms. On the other side of town, a girl name Mandy, was also experiencing the same symptoms, blackouts, memory lost, waking up at a place that she didn't remember she have been to. All of these events happened at night, dark and gloomy, this created a lot of suspense when I was reading it. Darkness was like a monster overwhelming both of the characters, causing them to lose consciousness. Quentin, ...more
Caleb.706
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 7th-grade
Kaya
Jun 12, 2009 rated it liked it
errr not the best book i have ever read. sorry.
Josiah
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When Rodman Philbrick is on his game, his stories swerve from the expected path with frightening speed, morphing into something unpredictable and eerily fascinating before one can even process the sudden change in direction. The Last Book in the Universe, for example, leads the reader on a freight train of a rush into a dystopian view of tomorrow so complex in its terrors as to render tame most other authors' visions of the future. Max the Mighty has much the same sense of impromptu brilliance, ...more
Emilie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Stupid ending. Hated the characters. Confusing plot. Why did I read this
Peter Wilson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
LAME!
Kelly Pua
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Its a horror, or at least creepy, sci-fi type of book right? To be honest, it wasn't horrifying. And the only part I found creepy about it was most probably the condition of the book when I got it from my cousin's house. Or the cover.
First off, the characters.
I didn't really care what happened to them. So what if Mandy was experiencing the bad stuff. Nope. I don't care if there were evil people or aliens.

Thus, its just didn't captivate me, leaving me quite bored.
However, I gave it two star
Lacey
Sep 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book just didn't captivate me I'm sorry to say. I didn't even finish reading it. My mind kept wandering during the story, and it was written too simply for me. It's geared more towards the younger crowds, I'd say maybe 8-13 or so. It would probably be a pretty good, and scary story for that age group, but alas, it wasn't good enough for me!
Melissa
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok first off I'd like to say Quentin is disgusting. This book was a page turner, there was never any boring parts, the story kept moving forward with the same energy through out the whole book. In the end I'm curious if they do end up telling people and will they believe them, since whoever is gonna win the war/battle is going to come back to earth.
Kellie
Aug 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like scifi stuff
This is an interesting book! It is about two teenagers who keep blacking out then waking up hours later not remembering what they did. They then realize that aliens have been abducting them and the two have to find each other and find out how to defeat the aliens.
Robyn Ryan
Mar 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
I feel like I have wasted a good part of my day by reading this book. The characters were weak, no true plot or character development, and basically predictable. I would not recommend this book at all.
Wendy
May 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the best science-fiction novel which I have ever read. Beside every words in this book is very easy to read for beginner reader like me who like science-fiction and horror novel. This book also have an easy and horrific plot story which can be understood and made tension by reader.
Bookworm Amir
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it
I got this book as part of a price giving ceremony for coming in 1st after the final examinations (7th grade).

I am writing this nrealy 6 years after I read it! Hence I cannot remember anything about it, but I guess it was a pleasant read, meant more for the younger adults.
Arrica Lee
Oct 20, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: teens
I guess this book is quite boring.
Hernan Hernandez
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is very eerie fascinating to explore, because you are brought into a world where you have to find out clues what happens next after lots of memory loss for some characters.
Yng_lad_ed
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it
this book is extremely realistic and it made me very scared and freaked out in alot of places. i would reccomend this book to any young boy who likes to be scared.
Lesley
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a nostalgic good time. I read it when I was 12 and found it again and loved it
Ashlynn
Dec 06, 2017
Tanya
Sep 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Aka William R Dantz, Chris Jordan, W.R. Philbrick.

Rodman Philbrick grew up on the New England coast, where he worked as a longshoreman and boat builder. For many years he wrote mysteries and detective novels. The Private Eye Writers of America nominated two of his T.D.Stash series as best detective novel and then selected Philbrick's 'Brothers & Sinners' as Best Novel in 1993. Writing under th