Start by marking “Out of the Ashes (Out of the Ashes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Ashes (Out of the Ashes, #1)

Out of the Ashes

(Out of the Ashes #1)

Can love really conquer all? Even when the secrets are so big, someone could die for keeping them, has died to keep them?

Celeste Brooks is haunted by a past she cannot escape. Plagued by nightmares and fear that her secret will be discovered, she buries herself in her MBA and work, opening up to no one except her roommate, Gavin. Until her path crosses with his.

Ian Jacobs
Published February 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Ashes

Christie«SHBBblogger»
I liked this book, and then I didn't as much. I had kind of a hard time rating this. Don't you hate that? The beginning started off with a bang,

the middle started to lag a tad,

and the end was like a waiting game for what I knew was going to happen.

Then I got to about 90% and it wasn't looking like it was going to wrapped in a HEA and I started to get really annoyed.

This book is not listed as book 1, part of a series....nothing. So this was not a happy sight to see. 98% hit me and I was like.
Nerd Alert
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review for Nerd Alert Book Love Blog*****
This story is about two people struggling to overcome their pasts and work towards a future of success and happiness.
Celeste Brooks ran away from things from her past over 3 years ago to start new. She buries herself in getting her MBA and working towards her dream job. But her past seems to always be lurking over her shoulder and in her nightmares.
Ian Jacobs is the owner and CEO of Jacobs Enterprises, w
Bookfan_10895
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Well that was extremely abrupt. I felt like there was sooo much more potential held in this storyline but this book just couldn't deliver. Many details were left unexplained and to me that is extremely frustrating. Only gave this book three stars because I just wished there was more
Nicolette Maassen
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Only reason this is not a five is because it could really use a trip to an editor. Loved it otherwise!
TJlovestoread Blog
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
WTF
A CLIFFHANGER W/O WARNING, NO NO NO NO.... it doesn't say it's book 1, nothihg...

Review to come
Crystal
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG...Amazing! I was addicted to this book beginning to end! Can't wait for book 2!
JBro
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure where to start with my review for Out of the ashes. I want to say early on in this review that there is a cliffhanger at the end. I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers, but I also began to expect that there would be a cliffhanger, so I think I was mentally, if not emotionally, prepared for it. We begin with the apparent death of a young girl, just out of college and seemingly at the prime of her life, poised to marry a man that everyone deems perfect for her. Then, we pick up with Cele ...more
Sassy Southern Book Affair

Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“Out of the Ashes” by S. M. Lynn
5 out of 5 stars

Clear your schedule because this is a one sitting read! S. M. Lynn has crafted a world that will suck you in and hold you tight until the very last page! It’s a book worthy of your time and a new series worth investing in.

Celeste has a problem. She harbors a big secret and can’t afford to let her guard down. A chance encounter with the hottest man she has ever met leads her down a path that threatens the shaky foundation she has built her life on.
Anny hernandez
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***** I received an ARC copy for an honest review *****

This is the first book that I read from this author.

O.M.G. Holy Smoke I just finish reading this book and I have to say I love it. love the characters and the way this story turned out, I have to say that their where moment where I got so angry at the main characters but I have to say I love the book from the first page to the last, I am gone tried to keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Celeste Bro
Kerri Mirabella
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
*****I was lucky enough to be given an ARC in exchange for an honest review for Six Chicks and Their Love of Books*****

4.5 Sexy, Suspenseful Stars

S.M. Lynn had me captured from the prologue to the very last page! This book was certainly NOT lacking in suspense, romance, or some of the hottest alpha male sex scenes. This is a story of learning to let go of fear and let love in.

Celeste Brooks is running from a dangerous and disturbing past she left behind. She has buried herself in school work, ho
Beth Hurley
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this story and can't wait to read the next part of this series. I loved this because you never knew what was going to happen next so much went on in this book.
Celeste is running from her past and she falls in love with Ian. Ian also has a past and is the owner of a big company. Gavin is Celeste best friend. I love Gavin and I think everyone needs a best friend like him. The characters in this book are amazing all of them. Marlene is Ian's mom. Claire is Ian's Sister. Rebecca is Ian's craz
Jamie  Leigh
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a complex, dark but exciting read. Celeste is just getting out of college and gets her dream job with a company she has always wanted to work for, and the boss that she just had a one night stand with. This author tells a great story that grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let go until the final word. There is a major cliff hanger at the end that leaves you dying to find out what happens next.
Jessica Parsons
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book but warning it ends in a cliffhanger so if you don't like them might be best to wait for book 2 to be out and some dark aspects.

As well as the intriging main characters there were some other interesting characters too. The book kept you guessing and then left you wanting more, the sex scenes were hot and the storyline kept you hooked.
Renee at Book Happiness
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive this book from the author for an honest review... and plain and simple I loved it...for a first book she (the author) has captured a winner. it has a strong woman as the lead. it was amazing. i am now totally in love Ian he is everything a book boyfriend should be.
book had just enough angst and romance and holy hotness to make an amazing book
Renes Getaway
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have no words! I stumbled upon this book in hopes in finding a new author and I did!! I'm a fan. I NEED to read the others asap and feature her on my blog. If you have not read this book yet, you better get to reading! Great great great.....oh, there's a killer cliffhanger!!
JessMLCB24
Wow loved it.
Mo
Jan 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish it. Everything was too chaotic. Couldn't connect with any of the characters.
Cheryl Morley
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved every page! I was so engrossed that when the end came I was completely shocked! Please get the next two books out soon! I can't wait to read them!
Josephine
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review posted under Nerd Alert
Maria
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow loved this book. Great ending that has me biting my fingernails until book 2 is out. Couldn't put it down and can't wait to see how the rest of their story plays out
Jodi
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is most probably the most frustrating and not to mention confusing book I've ever read - but the cliffhanger makes me want to know what the hell happens..
Stacy
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ugghhhhh huge cliffhanger!!!!!! Wish I would have know before reading!!!!!
Sue Theune
Jun 04, 2015
Jessica
May 29, 2014
Chiara
rated it did not like it
Nov 07, 2017
Gemma Cleveland
Mar 16, 2015
Raquel
Aug 21, 2015
Amanda
Nov 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Instigation (Clandestine Affairs, #1)
  • Something like Redemption (Something like Normal, #2)
  • Forbidden Love (Forbidden Trilogy, #2)
  • Shattered Innocence (Shattered, #1)
  • Blindsight (Blindsight, #1)
  • Love in All the Wrong Places (Love in LA, #1)
  • Teaching Willow: Session One  (Teaching Willow, #1)
  • Darkness Deserved (Shattering the Darkness, #1)
  • Silent No More (Silent, #1)
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • Red (VonRouge, #1)
  • Never Say Goodbye (Always, #1)
  • This Broken Beautiful Thing (Broken Beautiful, #1)
  • Solitude of a Birdcage (Forget Me Not #1)
  • Deceptive Beauty
  • Captivating (Beautiful Rose, #2)
  • Falling for Him (The Falcon Club #1)
S.M. Lynn has a Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education with an English specialization. She resides in small town Nebraska with her husband and two children. She writes contemporary romance leaning toward the erotic but enjoys mixing in elements of suspense.
When her family can pry her away from writing and reading, she works in her husband's financial services firm. Between kids and work there is

Out of the Ashes (2 books)
  • Into the Flames (Out of the Ashes, #2)