Start by marking “Rise of the Huskers (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Huskers (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #2)

Rise of the Huskers

(The Raven Falconer Chronicles #2)

The quaint, little resort town of Banff, Alberta, set against the backdrop of majestic mountains and glacier lakes, is being torn apart by Huskers: virally-altered humans acting on deep, carnal instincts. The surviving populace, including Raven Falconer, her roommates, and RCMP Officer Zygmunt Nowicki, battle for resources, their lives, and a safe place to call their own.

N
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 150 pages
Published January 26th 2014 by Dennis F. Larsen

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Huskers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of the Huskers

Joseph Spuckler
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
(view spoiler) ...more
Danielle
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After having read the first installment of this zombies series I was excited to get a hold of the second. While the first book was action packed and suspenseful "Rise of the Huskers" is even more so. I like the strong female characters and the sinister antagonist that leads the group of high functioning zombies. This is different from any other zombie type story I've read or watched and it is very refreshing. With the action and suspense in this installment I can't wait to see what comes next!
Holly Larsen
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked this episode of The Raven Falconer Chronicles even more than I did the first (Operation Z-Day). I enjoyed getting to know the female players in the first instalment but in this episode we get a chance to know a couple of the male characters a little more intimately. I really like this novel because it does something that no other post-apocalyptic or zombie type book or movie (at least that I've read or seen) has delved into and that's getting into the minds of the infected. It is so refr ...more
Kelsey
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this addition to the Raven Falconer Chronicles! The characters are well written and after the first book (Operation Z-Day) I couldn't wait to get to know them more. It brings a whole new view to the idea of "zombies". It is also very rare to read a book of this type with strong and intelligent female characters. Add this to your reading list for 2014!
H.M. Jones
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in the Raven Falconer series a few months ago, having been blessed with a free copy, and I was immediately hooked, which is saying something because I DO NOT READ zombie books. Ever. I'm am a person who does not like gore, even entertaining gore. Well, I was a person who didn't like entertaining gore. I am that person no more. Larsen has changed that with this series.

Larsen is very knowledgeable about what to do in this book. This second installment is much more disturbing
Brandon
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 9.0/10.0

Review: Dennis Larsen does it again. The first book in the series sucked me in, and the second was no different! I fell in love with the characters all over again, as well as learned to hate a couple of them! I love how the huskers are changing, and how the humans react to the change! A very well written book, and I cannot wait to read the next!
Gerry D Pratt
May 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
BETTER THAN THE 1st BOOK......

This 2nd installment was better than the 1st as far as action and moving the story along. I have a hear time buying into a lot of the things zombies are able to do in these books. And for having an ex-military / cop running things they sure aren't very good at defending or making battle plans.
The author continues his repetitive descriptions when telling the story but I've read enough now to skip through the garbage to get on to the story.
As I said on the 1st book,
Dennis Larsen
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love a good 'Zombie' story but was so disappointed in the direction the genre was going that I decided to create my own type of zombie: The Huskers. I've tried to climb inside the head of someone who is virally altered, to the point that only basic instincts and innate survival skills exists, to see the world from their point of view.
Rise of the Huskers is a three-pronged story culminating in a clash of heroes, villains and those drawn into the story, which is beyond their control. I've apprec
Suzanne Painter
rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2018
Kody Boye
Jul 17, 2014
David
Jul 26, 2014
Dennis F. Larsen was born in a small, northern Utah city just about the time that US boots were put on the ground in Southeast Asia. He was raised in a modest home; his mother, who initially worked at Hill Air Force Base, left the work force to devote her time to her four sons, and a father, who ran a small local Conoco Station.
In his younger years, he dreamed of playing major league baseball and

The Raven Falconer Chronicles (3 books)
  • Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1)
  • Vengeance Fulfilled (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #3)