Start by marking “Legacy of the Mind (The Legacy Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of the Mind (The Legacy Trilogy, #1)

Legacy of the Mind

(The Legacy Trilogy #1)

Alternate cover edition of: ISBN 9780992653606

Anita has never been ordinary, she’s stuck out like a sore thumb her entire life; not only can she see the energy of others, a rare skill, but she’s won every physical challenge she’s ever entered. So when the powerful, good looking Descendants, Marcus and Alexander, mysteriously arrive in Empire, her difference attracts and keeps
ebook, Second Edition
Published January 26th 2014 by Harriet Moore (first published August 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of the Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of the Mind

Kaitlin
* I was sent this for free from the author in exchange for an honest review *

This book was recommended to me by a friend (Elena from Elena Reads Books) as she said it was a bit more of a sexy, fantasy fun story. The author was kind enough to send me the whole series so I actually have the next two on my shelves waiting to be read too and I am very much looking forward to them after this because although it's a little more about relationships than I usually go for, it was fun.
Amanda Peake
I'm Looking far and wide for the right words that explode the wide array of dramatic emotions that express my love for this book. If you were to look into the universe and find every color known to man it still wouldn't be enough to color the world in with HR Moore has started with this novel. I had to delay this book from reviewing for a bit and for that I am sorry. I have found myself encompassed in a world of amazingness. I read the Harry Potter Books, the first four and the last one give me ...more
Keira
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this. Thank you to the author and YA Bound Book Tours for sending me an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

FULL REVIEW:

Firstly, thank you to the author, H. R. Moore, and YA Bound Book Tours for providing me with a review copy of this book. Then, I want to say that I really, really liked this book and will definitely (at some point) continue on with the series. I waited too long to write this review to gush, so this will perhaps be a bit
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
In Legacy there are different factions where people have different powers of the mind, body and spirit. A young girl Anita wins everybody challenge she enters but there are a few things about Anita that most don’t know and that is that Anita is talented in more areas than one. Anita also has the ability to read people but she tries to keep that one under her hat so to speak.

But when the Descendants show up in her home town letting her ability to read people be known could have a few people want
Heidi Iverson
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The world H.R. Moore has created is fabulous, the characters are likable and the plot kept me turning the pages all night long! I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment of the series!
Margé
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing world building...can’t wait to read book 2!
Ash
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bristling with action and aching with intensity, Legacy of the Mind is in line to thrill fans across the fantasy spectrum from Canavan and Miller to Meyer and Rowling
Roseanna Hart
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love these books!
Hayley (Backpacking Bookworm)

Let me start by explaining why this one didn’t quite hit 4 stars for me. From the beginning, I found the story a little difficult to grasp (which I expected due to the fantasy nature). Knowing it would require a more detailed explanation to understand the setting and elements, I kept with it and tried to take it all in (making character notes to remind myself who was who). Halfway through I still wasn’t fully engrossed in the story but then at 70% the drama really picked up
Sam
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, books-of-2018
**Thank you to the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

This book wasn't quite what I was expecting going in, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit! The fantasy world that the author has created focuses on the energy that feeds every aspect of their world and which every person can control to an extent, either with Body, Mind, or Spirit skills. Anita is a very talented Body, known in her city for her skills. What people don't know, however
Theresa
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Legacy of the Mind (The Legacy Trilogy, #1)
by H.R. Moore
I did not expect the depth and diversity within this book it took me by total surprise. The title does not give the reader a hint at the rich world that H R Moore has created. The characters are dynamic and so realistic you immediately connect with them. The mystery and problems are so ominous and difficult for the characters the reader will long to read the entire series in hopes that they get resolution. Anita is a young Body adher
The Pursuit Of Bookiness
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was really intrigued by the synopsis of this book and I wasn’t disappointed when I started to read
I instantly warmed to misfit Anita and her friends and instantly hated Austin!
I loved how she fought against the norm and had a who cares kind of attitude but deep down she had the same insecurities about what people thought and about drawing attention to herself. It made her immediately easier to relate to!

The only thing I thought that would put me off was the romance factor but actually
Oriana Blyth (_head_in_a_book)
I’m absolutely exhausted but I just had to stay up last night to finish this brilliant book,and I’m so glad I did 😀

I absolutely loved the world that the author created in this novel, and if you’re a fan of fantasy novels then (based on this first book) I’d say this trilogy is right up your street.

The characters all have strengths in either Mind, Body or Spirit and their whole worlds existence is dependent on the energy levels being maintained.

It was brilliantly written and I don’t want to giv
Anna Michaels
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really ticked all the boxes for me. I found it easy to read and impossible to put down! The world it brought me into was one I wanted to stay in and be a character throughout. I found it entrancing with enough detail and backstory to make you feel a real connection. I've just finished volume 1 and am chomping a the bit for some time to read the next one.
Miriam Massie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book cover to cover in no time at all. I found it hard to put down and was quite desperate to find out what would happen next! An excellent read with great characters, and a plot full of mystery and intrigue. I ordered the next book pretty much straight away.
Hannah Grenfell
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally captivating!

Amazing story, a mixture of mystery, adventure and romance. Can’t wait to read the next one! Someone that can take 6 month to finish a book and I finished this in under 2 weeks!
Gayathri
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
First of all, I would like to thank the author for sending a copy of the book in return for an honest review.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................
'Legacy of the Mind' takes place in a world where people belong to three different factions with powers corresponding to the Mind, Body and Spirit. Each faction is ruled by a Descendant wh
Philippa Rees
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legacy has filled a hole in my life while I impatiently await the publication of the final book in the All Souls Trilogy and from the end of Harry Potter and the Twilight series.

Legacy is a fantastic read, I couldn't put the book down as I simply had to know what was going to happen next. This book is full of intrigue and excitement. The characters are like-able, interesting and their interaction with each other is very real which is a refreshing change.

You can't help but identify with the her
Katarina
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was excited to read this book. After reading the synopsis, I was convinced I would love this book.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. It was DNF for me about half way through, and it took me several attempts to get that far. I thought the concept was great, but I didn't connect with the characters or the story at all. It seemed disjointed, choppy and missing in backstory. Several times I had to re-read a few pages, thinking I had missed something, but nope, I was just lost.
Lotte Hunneman
Sep 18, 2013
Kim (_booksarelove)
May 21, 2017
Bri
rated it did not like it
Mar 19, 2017
Susannah
Jul 31, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Default cover edition displayed 3 12 Mar 20, 2018 01:38PM
New Adult Book Club: #132 - Legacy 13 80 Mar 27, 2014 04:53AM
HR Moore is a fantasy, romance, and sci-fi author who grew up reading books like Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, The Hunger Games and pretty much every book Wilbur Smith ever wrote.

She writes for people like her, people who crave indulgence, escapism and romance, her debut novel 'Legacy of the Mind' receiving much critical acclaim.

She was born in Germany, and having lived

The Legacy Trilogy (3 books)
  • Origin of the Body (The Relic Trilogy, #2)
  • Design of the Spirit (The Relic Trilogy Book 3)