Start by marking “Dead Man and the Lustful Spirit (Dead Man, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Dead Man and the Lustful Spirit (Dead Man, #1.5)

Read Book

Dead Man and the Lustful Spirit

(Dead Man #1.5)

Denton is a necromancer and his boyfriend Bran is a witch. It's not as exciting as it sounds. They don't even get to dress the part, unless it's New Year's Eve and they've been invited to a costume party. Denton is happy to let his hair down, but coaxing the reclusive Bran out of his shell is hard enough without a demonic spirit crashing the party.

Convincing the spirit to
Published January 24th 2014 by Harper Books

To ask other readers questions about Dead Man and the Lustful Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Man and the Lustful Spirit

Start your review of Dead Man and the Lustful Spirit (Dead Man, #1.5)
Elspeth
This was fun.

I liked the fact the game Denton plays isn't Word of Warcraft. As somebody that games it's nice to see an author make something up rather than use whatever is the most mainstream.

I also loved the Doctor Who costumes. Too cute.
Devann
This was a cute little story about necromancer and witch boyfriends at a Halloween party. I hadn't read the first book in the series because I got this for free from Amazon so I feel like I might have missed a little bit of characterization in there, but it was pretty enjoyable and I think I will go back and read the first one now. If you're planning on reading this though you should probably be smarter than me and just read them in order ;)
Ami

This 8k short FREE story is a quick snapshot about Denton and Bran, when on New Year's party, they had to deal with a man who was possessed with a demonic creature. It was an okay read until Denton was hit by a charm too, and then it became amusing. Denton, all wanton like -- who thinks that Bran's couch is so soft and wonderful. I had smile on my face. Enjoyable read.
Heather C
Dead Man & the Lustful Spirit is a short freebie that follows Dead Man and the Restless Spirits Its New Year’s Eve and Denton and Bran are attending a costume party…*cough* as a necromancer and a witch *cough*. When Spiderman gets a bit to handsy and glutenous, Denton is certain something supernatural is going on…and he needs Bran’s knowledge and expertise to save the poor soul. What happens next is…*cough* interesting.

Okay, I admit that I wasn’t as into the mystery here in this story as I was i
Nic
Jan 25, 2014 marked it as to-read-ebook
Free from ARe and Smashwords
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
It took me a moment or two to remember who can see ghosts and who is a witch. Brent and Denton are at a costume New Years Eve party and there is a guy who is acting strange. It doesn't take them long to realize that the poor man is possessed. Of course they have to help him. That's it.
The characters are cute and I think both would work way better in a novel.
I am considering of typing a rating explanation on everything I post. It was an ok story.
Pete W
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this one. It's fun to revisit Denton and Bran again.

Although I noticed a couple of mistakes in the book (The name was Denton when it should be Bran early in the book) but wasn't that jarring. Bran also called his familiar Murry instead of Murmur toward the end of the book. I am not sure if this is a mistake or not but it was odd when he use Murmur earlier. This is a freebie after all, concession is a given.

Not only did we get the boys in action, both with their abilities and in the bedr
Meep
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Picked up this freebie not realising it was part of a series.

Its a light fun read that has me curious about the rest of the other books. Denton is an atypical necromancer and Bran the witch who'd rather be a herbalist is interesting. Charmed Denton made me smile with his couch appreciation and rather won me over.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Happy New Years This is a short visit to Denton & Bran's life on New Year's Eve. Of course a pesky Demon/possession interrupts the festivities. I have no complaints except its so short. Yes, I know I'm predictable. I do feel reading this gives a richness to the next installment. ...more
Pjm12
Ha! Denton is wanton and sexy enough without adding a mischievous spirit to the mix!

Great stuff!
Bitchie
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, ghosts
Just a quickie, about Denton and Bran, a New Year's party, and a lumpy Spiderman possessed by a demon spirit. Really cute!
Sylvia
Fun
Toofan
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.
A great chunk of this short story comprised of boring details of a new year party and the supernatural part of it was by no means exciting. I can't say that I enjoyed it but to be fair it made my commute more bearable.
Lillian Francis
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short story in the 'verse.
Apparently the guys can't even go to a New Year's Eve party without stumbling over a spirit.
Darlene
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a freebie I acquired and for not reading the first book I really liked it.
Elizabeth
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, m-m, 2018
Janeylou
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jenn (not Lily)
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short
A lovely little bridge between book 1 and book 2!
Cynthia
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Review posted on Books on Silver Wings blog: http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

3.5 stars rounded to 4

This is a short story taking place in between Dead Man and the Restless Spirits (Book #1) and Dead Man and the Army of Frogs (Book #2). Fans of the first book will enjoy having Denton and Bran back and working on a short and unintended case. Denton and Bran goes to a costume party and discovered a man possessed by a demonic spirit. They have to use heavy persuasion (of a lustful nature from
Susana
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Denton convinced Bran to join a fashionable new-year’s party in a fancy restaurant, he expected to have a good time and help Bran to wind down a little. What he does not expect is to run into man possessed by a naasi, a demonic spirit interested in all sort of pleasures. Helping the poor host to get rid of the unwanted guest is going to take both men’s skills, and not only at dealing with magic…
This is a very entertaining short story which takes place shortly after Dead Man and the Restless
T.M. Smith
Mar 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Denton and Bran are more than just a necromancer and a warlock, they are lovers. When they stumble upon a drunk man possessed by a demon at a New Year’s Eve party, they coax the vessel back to their apartment in order to do an exorcism, of sorts. What ensues is kind of hysterically sexy when Bran falls victim to the demons charm.

This was just a short, fast, fun read that will definitely perk up your lunch hour. A few grammatical errors and a part in the story when I’m certain the author was writ
ttg
Jan 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: m-m, wow-free
Ooooooo, a new freebie short story sequel to Dead Man and the Restless Spirits. Can be grabbed for free from ARe and Smashwords.

joani
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was a really cute story

It was a really cute story

this is obviously a sequel because the characters are very well developed. I looked into it and it's part 2 to Dead Man and the Restless Spirit. it isn't a long story but it was funny and the story line was really interesting. I liked both Denten and Bran, they were both really cool and they complimented one another.
S.
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute and sort of quirky. I really would like to know more about this couple, Denton (a necromancer) and Bran (a warlock), how they met, what they enjoy doing together, etc., etc., etc. These two have a nice chemistry in this story that made for a fun story that kept me reading from the first word until the last... I'm also dying to know more about Murmur. I feel that there might be more to that cat than meets the eye.
Kim
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Good filler story about our lovely necromancer and witch. Looks like this story's used to give us an idea of what will come next. I love that Bran's slowly getting out of his shell with the help of Denton and uh, alcohol. The ritual and the Bran's knowledge behind demons (as well as herbs) are fun to read. I would give my worldly goods for a fanart of them wearing their costumes along with Bran's Nutella cookies.
Shelves: t1
Enjoyed this short about Bran and Denton attending a costume party. Lots of humor, sexiness and other hijinks. How they handled the "lustful spirit" was great. Recommend reading book #1- Dead Man and the Restless Spirits - first, though. ...more
Julesmarie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet and super cute.

Favorite Quote:
(view spoiler)
Jim
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Fun short Halloween read, although its set on New Years Eve. The characters are likeable, and the dialog is witty and clever. This short work is a teaser for a series that looks fun. I am going to get the first book in the series after reading this.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Cute free short. Denton & Bran attend the exclusive New Years party as a Thank You from a client. There they encounter Lustful Lenny. While removing the demonic spirit Denton gets charmed. Sweet & Sexy ensues! ...more

• Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • The Hell You Say (The Adrien English Mysteries, #3)
  • A Dangerous Thing (The Adrien English Mysteries, #2)
  • Death of a Pirate King (The Adrien English Mysteries, #4)
  • Fatal Shadows (The Adrien English Mysteries, #1)
  • The Dark Tide (The Adrien English Mysteries, #5)
  • Fair Game (All's Fair, #1)
  • The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)
  • Within the Mind (In the Mind, #1)
  • Secret at Skull House (Secrets and Scrabble #2)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks (The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks, #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Hunter of Demons (SPECTR, #1)
  • Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate #1)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS #1)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
Under a prickly, cynical surface Lou Harper is an incorrigible romantic. Her love affair with the written word started at a tender age. There was never a time when stories weren't romping around in her head. She is currently embroiled in a ruinous romance with adjectives. In her free time Lou stalks deviant words and feral narratives.

Lou's favorite animal is the hedgehog. She likes nature, books,

Dead Man (3 books)
  • Dead Man and the Restless Spirits (Dead Man, #1)
  • Dead Man and the Army of Frogs (Dead Man #2)

News & Interviews