Start by marking “Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)” as Want to Read:
Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)

Broken Soul

(Jane Yellowrock #8)

Jane Yellowrock is a vampire killer for hire—but other creatures of the night still need to watch their backs....

When the Master of the city of New Orleans asks Jane to improve security for a future visit from a delegation of European vampires, she names an exorbitant price—and Leo is willing to pay. That’s because the European vamps want Leo’s territory, and he knows tha
Mass Market Paperback, 329 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Broken Soul, please sign up.
Giulia Leila
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Robin (Bridge Four)
This is going to be short and sweet.

I waited 8 books EIGHT and finally I mean FINALLY the love triangle is gone the guy that I was pretty sure Jane was meant to be with has made his play AND IT WAS GLORIOUS and romantic and pretty perfect considering.

description

There is other stuff that happened and the plot was prett
carol.
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The Post in Which I Muse on the Series.

I dropped this series a few years back. Heavy on vampire politics and with a lead character who had a fair amount of romantic angst, it just wasn't consistently interesting. However, my cousin was looking for new reads and I started her out on the early books in this series (this is under the philosophy of being willing to have said books returned in less-than-perfect condition). She loved it so much that she bought the rest of the series--Hunter having fin
Choko
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** 4.44 ***

A buddy read with the Wednesday UF group @ BB&B! Because Beast is a good predator!!!

It could be just me, but I truly believe this series gets better with every book. Particularly now that Jane has mostly rid herself of that cheating douchebag she called Ricky-bo. Having a job as the main enforcer and security for the Vamp Master of the city of New Orleans, she is insured of always keeping busy, always having to solve problems, and always having to be on guard against not only en
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I always love Jane Yellowrock books. I have been reading these books for some time and I am a little behind with the series. I hope to get caught up, it seems my pre-orders get here and then they get lost in the stacks of books.

Anyway, this book is just as good as any of the series. Although in this one, we find Jane finding herself and becoming more with her beast. Oh, I'm guessing you know she is a shapeshifter. She is finding love, love that has been there but was put on the back burner for
Denisa
Finally, something happened to Jane's love life!

It's strange to see Jane, a constant badass chick, put in all kinds of weird situations, like going on dates and having to actually admit aloud some stuff she kept hidden. It's always fun to see a bit of vulnerability in really strong characters (as long as it's only A BIT!).

Fast-paced book, interesting, fun, like all the others in this series. And you see progress in this one (the plot as well as Jane, who discovers all kinds of interesting, mayb
Christa
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jane Yellowrock has stakes, will travel. I love a kickass girl with a murky past. I keep reading them. They're more entertaining than TV.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

And I'm in a book funk again.

For me, that's the mark of a truly great series---every time you venture forth into its world, ready for a new adventure with well-loved characters, the inevitable end hangs like a cloud . . .

You start the book like it's water and you're dying of thirst, but the further along you get, you begin to feel taunted . . . by the growing percentage of completion, or the diminishing number of pages . . . and then it's over . . . until next time.

*gnash
Douglas Meeks
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think there is a bit of everything in here and a promise of battles yet to come.

WOW, a LOT of stuff happens in this book and much of it I can't tell about since it would be spoilers. Let me see, well the old invisible monster from last book, well he is still here and that one may surprise you a bit.

I think I am safe to say there is almost no appearance of old Ricky Bo but there is a mention or two of him that makes you wonder if things are as they appear to be.

The European vampires are coming
Iris (Artemis Library)
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to urban fantasy, readers can always depend on Faith Hunter to deliver. This 8th entry in the Jane Yellowrock series will not let down those rabid fans of the amazing Jane who can kick every bad monster's ass. Of course here relation with Bruiser and Leo is guaranteed to excite, tantalize and stimulate all of your urban fantasy wishes. And of course there is more! I still hope something more would happen between Leo and Jane but I guess we still have to wait about them :) In case y ...more
Sheyla ✎
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy with this installment that's not even funny.
I just have one word : ♥BRUISER♥. He was the BEST and Beast agrees with me!!!

I have been a fan of Jane since her first appearance of Skinwalker. I'm not sure if Jane is aware of how much more involved she is becoming into vampire politics. The book starts with Leo hiring her to manage his security team before the European vampires arrive to the States, but as always he keeps things from her that could make both of their lives easier. I don
Denise
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Broken Soul is the eighth installment in the Jane Yellowrock series and gadzooks what an adventure! The story opens with Jane and her crew deep in preparation for a visit from a delegation of European vamps and of course just about anything and everything that can go wrong with the planning does.

There are a plethora of mysterious occurrences, elevators going wherever they please, and coveted secrets are revealed. In the meantime there is also a team of evil greedy vamps that have come to town wr
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

A series best, BROKEN SOUL shows Beast and Jane growing ever more united during battle, investigation, and romance. With this new phase of their partnership comes power beyond anything Jane has wielded before, and a price that just might kill her. Not to worry, though, Beast has her back.

Jane’s love life has been pretty choppy in the last few books as she tries to get over Ricky Bo. In BROKEN SOUL, she and Beast are united in their attraction, though J
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
“you have the heart of a warrior. The soul of a priestess. The heat of a long-burning fire.” - Bruiser

Broken Soul is book eight in the Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter.

A lot happens in this novel. Many changes, revelations, and secrets come to light.

Early in the series the blood diamond came into play. There’s always someone who knows about it and wants to get their hands on it. Jane has it hidden away for now. The plan was and is to destroy it, but that hasn’t happened yet.

If you are ex
Maria Dimitrova
Darcy
You would think by now that Leo would have learned not to keep things from Jane. She always finds out and whatever he hides usually comes out leaving Jane to clean up the mess and it is usually very messy! This time around is no different. What I did find funny was the levels to which Leo was hiding things. One secret would come out and Jane thought she was on top of things, until all hell would break and Jane would realize that there were more.

I did love how Derek, who is now a permanent member
Ian
With the visit by a delegation of European vampires fast approaching, Jane Yellowrock and her team are busier than ever. So when she discovers that some of them have already arrived and their plan is to wrest control of New Orleans from Leo, the master of the city she finds herself struggling to stay on top.

With divided loyalties, both enemies and allies attacking her and a mysterious dragon like creature causing mayhem, things have never been so complicated.

This series is very much a personal
Jenni Lea
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

My favorite of the series!
L-D
Pre-ordered on amazon for $5.99! Thanks Amazon!

CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Girl Power Stars!

I just love it when the woman is in charge! HAHA!

And check out Ms. Faith Hunter’s net page, I thought her cover is just stunning! :D

Just like what the blurb says, Jane has to improve the security on Leo’s domain what with the coming visit from a delegation of the European Mithrans (vampires)… but Leo, the Master of the city of New Orleans, was keeping a secret from Jane and that secret puts Jane’s life and the people she cares most in danger! Sounds like a typical Jane
TJ
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5.0

Man, I wanted to rate this a 5 star. I even planned on it right up until the last 5 pages of the book. Until that point everything was just as riveting a ride as every other book so far.

So what happened to drop my enjoyment that dramatically? The author did a complete turn-about! Through all the twists and turns of each book she has always been so good at helping us understand the nuances. Then, after the MOST IMPORTANT part in this story, she completely left some incredibly vital threads
Tessa
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oooh boy. This book was one where things I'd been hoping for happened. The story was so engrossing, I couldn't put it down. After the last book, I knew things were changing, but the progression of what happened threw me in the best way. I didn't realize where some things were going, and some of the things that I hoped for happened in a way I wasn't expecting. Probably one of the best in the series so far.
Jen Davis
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so, so satisfied by this book. The Jane Yellowrock series never fails when it comes to action, worldbuilding and plot. But in the romance department, it has been a hot mess. I am beyond happy to report that in this installment breaks the mold, turning what was a series weakness into an asset. That’s right: not only does the romance progress, it happens in spectacular fashion. So when you put that together with all the other great stuff, I can’t imagine that any fan will be unhappy with this ...more
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good addition to the series. Jane and George (aka Bruiser) are getting closer now that Rick has gone off with another woman and Jane is done with Rick. George has decided that Jane has had enough time to heal and starts making his interest (and how far he's willing to go to have a true relationship with Jane) very clear. Jane is hesitant but willing to explore a relationship (with some pushing from Beast).

Speaking of Beast, she has helped Jane discover a new ability that c
Nichole
As usual, Jane has her hands full in this installment. More like overflowing, really! There's the backlash from what happened in the last book with Leo and Bruiser, the upcoming European Council visit that comes with it's own garbage to deal with, her search for magical artifacts, the security upgrades, and on and on! There is never a dull moment in these books.

With everything she has to deal with, Leo is STILL keeping so many secrets from Jane and it almost gets her killed. AGAIN! Grrr! However
Beth
Jane Yellowrock fan girl here, so its no surprise I loved getting more of the Yellowrock world in Broken Soul.

Once again, Leo's secrets come back to bite everyone, including Jane, in the proverbial ass...and Jane is left cleaning up the mess.

Lucky for Jane her and Beast have come to a much deeper understanding, because she wouldn't have survived without Beast having her back. The relationship here is changing and it looks like Beast is going to be taking a much stronger influence in Jane's pers
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Like with most series, if you've made it this far, you know what you're getting. And for heaven's sake, don't start here!

This one benefited from finally being free of the stupid Truebloods. I don't know about you, but I was done with them blaming Jane for their idiot sister when she was cleaning up their mess!

I also loved developments on the romance front and making some of the progress with Beast explicit and powerful.

Keeping this out of five-star range is the long meandering beginning (you're
Bea  Charmed
I was not a fan of Bruiser when I first started this series; I thought he was too arrogant and presumptuous. But I've grown to like him as the series has gone and now I really like him. He just might be the perfect man for Jane - he understands exactly what sorts of gifts to give her, is patient with her, thinks she's beautiful, and doesn't think she needs to change. He's practically perfect. But, this isn't a romance and their relationship is but one part of the story.

There are lots of changes
Sandra
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jane has certainly grown from the insecure loner on her bike she used to be to a woman fully aware of her power as The Enforcer and with a house and a closet full of girlie clothes.

Leo, head vamp of New Orleans and the south west except for Florida, has a problem, several problems really, and Jane is expected to deliver. Upgrade security for the Mithran Council House in preparation for the European Council visit in a few months, oversee Leo's new house being rebuilt after it was destroyed in the
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I considered giving this one 3 stars because I am a bit disturbed by the trend I am seeing in this series. However, the quality of the story is really exceptional so will leave it at 3.5.

One great thing, for those who have been yearning for a bit more romance in the series, there finally is a bit of that. Yay for Jane and Beast!
The action and complexity of the world building were of the same high calibre that I have come to expect from this series.

My main quibble is that I fea
Lauren
Broken Soul
4.5 Stars

Jane Yellowrock has her hands full with her “temporary” position as Leo’s enforcer. Not only are the European Mithrins coming for a visit, but Satan’s Three are on the loose and there is a mysterious energy force stalking her. Things are also coming to ahead with her quasi-symbiotic connection to Beast and her uncertain relationship with Bruiser.

The best book in the series so far. The action is non-stop and Jane’s personal life is finally going in the right direction.

More det
Urban Fantasy Afi...: November 2015 Series Read - Broken Soul 15 17 Jan 06, 2016 07:36AM
ARC Reviews Are Good for Broken Soul 10 48 Oct 07, 2014 08:22PM

• Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers, #8)
  • Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2)
  • Black Spring (Black Wings, #7)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)
  • Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock, #11)
“For a reason or a season,' he said. 'For a year or a lifetime. For a poem or a song. For a victorious battle or a bloody death. For honor. I would stand by you for as long as I might live.” 20 likes
“like something Disney might have envisioned if he’d taken a dose of LSD, backed up with a serving of psilocybin mushrooms, and a quart of tequila.” 10 likes