Start by marking “Lady Star (Sir Edward Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lady Star (Sir Edward Series, #2)

Lady Star

(Sir Edward Series #2)

Star Berkley had never seen the likes of Sir Edward. He was so deuced arrogant. He was so dashingly fashionable and just as insolent. Added to this, was the fact that he was the most handsome man she had ever come across in all her twenty years of life!

Sir Edward, for his part, could do without the pert country airs of a chit like Miss Berkley. She was impish, plain-spoke
Published January 23rd 2014 (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Star

Nicole Garcia
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars for Lady Star!!!!
Star Berkeley and her brother Vern are in dire straights and about to lose their estate. Vern has gotten into trouble with the wrong people and they are being blackmailed by thieves. They desperately try their hardest not to lose their home. Star is admired by her neighbor Jules Stamford hut when he brings his friend Sir Edward to his home for a visit, all.best are off. Sir Edward doesn't think Star is well suited for Jules. This is mostly because he want her all to h
Betty
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lady Star Berkeley and her brother, Vern, are in dire straits and are in trouble of losing their Estate because of their deceased fathers gambling debts. Vern has made an alliance with smugglers to make some money to help them out of their debt.

Sir Edward Danton has lost his love - or so he thinks - and travels to Rye where he meets his friend Jules Stamford. Jules invites Sir Edward to stay with him for a while. Jules happens to be enamored of Lady Star and he introduces Sir Edward to her. Afte
Judy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lady Star by Claudy Conn
Sir Edward Danton has lost the girl he thought he loved and is going off to hide for a while. In Rye, he runs into his old friend Jules, who is also coming to hide out with his supposed broken heart after being thrown over for another. Jules has a plan though, Star Berkley. Edward didn't think the gal was any good for his friend, what surprised him was that he wanted her for himself.

Star Berkley was in the country with her brother Vern instead of taking London by storm. N
Stephanie Lambeth
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very good book. Poor Sir Edward. Glad he learned his lesson on dealing with women. He meets our lovely Lady Star, makes some new friends, has some fun adventures and falls in love. And he finally knows what real love feels like. Poor Lady Star's brother gets them in a bad and dangerous jam. But with Sir Edwards help as well as all their friends, true love and true friendship conquers over evil.
Staci Simmons
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claudy Conn has done it again! This is a charming love story that I'm sure you will love. This is a must read! Looking forward to more stories from this amazing author! Her work always brings a smile to my face. Love it!
Victoria
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Michelle
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lady Star

so enjoy these area of stalls. Claudy is a good writer. the stories she tells always comes out happily even if there is some trial the couple goes through.
Jean Cantor
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful regency romance from Claudy Conn. A highly recommended read!
Roseanna
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love all Claudy Conn's books, this one lives up to what I expect from one of her books. Superb writing, colorful characters, interesting plots are just some things you can experience by reading one of her books. If you love historical romances, you'll love this one.
Exerillia Destruction
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claudy Conn has done it again! I just love the way she writes and pulls you into the story from page one. It always leads to some late nights because I can't put it down until it's done! If you love a great romance then Lady Star is a must read!!
Barbara
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Was pleased to find Sir Edward with his own story after Wildfire Kiss with Lady Babs.
Dena
I thought this was a great romance set in historical England. I thought the girl star was remarkable and head strong. She catches the eye of sir Edward who was mislead by lady babs. I thought he was endearing in this story because before he was a cad.
T.M. Payne
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book: Lady Star
Author: Claudy Conn
Publication Date: 1/23/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Yet another fantastic book from author Claudy Conn. This is a very sweet and a little spicy Historical Romance. The characters are strong and the book is well written.
Lady Star Berkley is not your typical woman. She doesn’t mind dressing in clothing made for a man and getting dirty cleaning up the stables. Her family is on the verge of ruin and her brother has taken Ill. Star is doing
Ms M
Liked it

You might want to read Wildfire Kiss first before you read it to get to know Sir Edward background. However, you will not like him there he was a villain in that book and yet I loved the h is here than WK. Overall I liked this book more. I put Ms. CC's books the same writing styles as Suzanne Enoch except IMO CC heroines a bit younger for my tastes and I could be fit to younger audiences.
OLT
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
(I read and reviewed this in 2014. Perhaps some of the grammar, spelling, and punctuation problems have been corrected since then? I'm not going to download a newer version to check. You can't make me.)

Where are the punctuation police when you need them? Actually, I didn't give this book 2 stars because of all the misplaced and missing commas or the multitude of ellipsis marks. Nor for the use of "I" instead of "me" as an object. Not even because the author says things like "deducted" when she m
nellie eirich
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful characters!

I loved the fact that it had romance with humor! The action was was well timed not forced in. The characters were incredible?
Merisha28
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Print Length: 294 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1495246191

My Review~
I love this romantic cover and the passion that the characters express. This author has done it again with this Historical romance. The story is one where passion and arrogance meet which leads to an explosive dynamic between the main characters. I thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the arrogance of Sir Edward to Star. The author captures the attention of her readers very easily with the fast easy read an
Gloriamarie
Mar 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
You have the description of the book above and it sounded just up my alley. I really really really wanted to like it but I couldn't. First off, the cover... the book goes on and on about Star's ***short*** hair. So it seems truly irresponsible to pick a cover with a woman with long flowing locks. Just saying.

As for this "web of passion." Uh huh. No such thing. The seduction was unconvincing and the sex boring. Boring. One would almost think the author had as little experience as the heroine.

Then
Dawn Sullivan
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claudy always amazes me with her books. She comes up with great plots that are exciting. She comes up with these unique story lines that focus on family and love. Each of her books brings us something new.

Every time I am about to read one of her books I feel like I am stepping into a time travel machine LOL

With this book you can't help but be pulled in from page one. Especially if you have read her previous book with Sir Edward.

We have the handsome Sir Edward who we met in a previous book. He
Greentea
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historicals
This is my first time reading from the author. It must be a shocker from a historical romance lover like to only read it now. Can you blame me that most books were published before I was born! Anyway, I get to know this famous author by the thrift bookstore I used to visit but only decided to read now.

For Lady Star, it was a good beginning. The hero was recovering from a heartache. I had the impression that the man will be hardened due to the unfortunate ending if his love. I was sorely mistake
Michelle Randall
Lady Star and her brother Vern are about to lose the family estate of Berkley Grange due to their father's gambling and now Vern's poor choice's in trying to rectify the finances.

Sir Edward has been dumped by Lady Babs, and after running into Jules at the Mermaid Inn has decided to stay on in the country to heal his "broken" heart. Jules fancies himself in love with Lady Star, while Lady Star's best friend, Lady Georgina is in love with Jules. Oh what a wondrous web.

This is a cute historical ro
W.H.
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 Hearts
Reviewed by:
Wendy Lovetiggi
Lovetiggi's Book Reviews

Wow! This reads just like a movie playing right in front of one's eyes.

Favorite Quotes
"He was bruised of heart, mind, and body. He was for the first time in his adult life left confused, dazed, and insecure."

"Some where along the way he had lost the man he had been and had become a stranger to himself.
Who had Sir Edward become?"

Vern and Star Berkley, brother and sister, fall into hard times when their
Crystal
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lady Star and her brother have fallen on hard times. Her father gambled everything away and then died. Now the estate is crumbling, the servants almost gone, and debtor's prison awaits. When her brother gets involved with the wrong type it causes a great amount of problems. Star is a wonder as she takes on chores and problems that a proper lady wouldn't entertain.

After his heart is broken, Edward decides to get away. When his carriage wheel breaks he runs into an old friend, Jules. His friend is
Steph at  Starry Night Book Reviews
What a wonderful romance set in historical England. I love to read Claudy Conn’s books they are some of my favorite books to read and now I can add Lady Star to the list!

Lady Star is a beautiful strong willed young women how is determined to help her older brother get out of the mess their father left them in. When her older brother gets himself into trouble Star is there to help. But when Sir Edward stumbles onto their secret she’s torn between love and protecting her brother. But Sir Edward i
Booksforever
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kath
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claudy Conn weaves such a magical story, her Historical Romance never disappoints.
The heroine Star is quite like no other Lady, she has quite the way of her own. Star lives with her brother Vern, who is now Lord Berkley. They have fallen on hard times, due to their fathers gambling debts. Desperate times calls for desperate measure, but Vern makes a stupid and catastrophic mistake, and gets himself mixed up with the wrong sort.
Along comes Sir Edward, leaving London and seeking consolation in t
Kelsey
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love Claudy’s historical books, she has a knack for making me feel like I’m in the era and I really enjoy that. The dialogue between Star and Sir Edward is such a delight and quite amusing. I love the way they connect. I also loved how Star was so willing to help her brother, even though he asked her to do something very dangerous and frightening right at the beginning! It showed right away how much she cared for him. Oh and of course the romance was every bit as wonderful as all of Cla ...more
Wendy
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another heartwarming romance from Claudy. She let’s you travel with her to another place and you feel you are in the moment.

This journey with Lady Star and Sir Edward was exciting. The era also has me wanting to live at that time. I love the whole image of life and her characters bring the story to a page turning race. You want to read on and on and never stop.

Lady Star is caring for her ill brother Vern, he has put them in a bad spot and needs her help. Lady Star must do something no Lady sho
Lynne Tull
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: regency-romance
This was a 'Free' e-book for my Nook...I got it from bookbub.com. (If you have an e-reader, you might check it out). With that said-I think this book seemed to be in the 'Harlequin' format...very basic no frills story. It was a really fast read (easy to skip some of the filler), the characters were not that complicated,boy meets girl, love at first sight?, boy rescues girl, and a 'happy ever after' ending. Almost like a first book for this author, but she has actually written a lot of books. She ...more
Lisa C.
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This is really 2.5 stars. I found this story to be unremarkable. The characters were lukewarm and not developed very well. The beginning was ho hum and the elusive mystery surrounding the brother took entirely too long to come to fruition. It was referred to over and over and I finally just wanted to jump ahead and see what he did.

The initial anger Star showed Edward seemed unnecessary. He hadn't done anything to warrant her behavior toward him. Georgie's activism felt unrealistic. It was a quic

• Falling Stars (Rakes, #2)
  • Emerald Embrace
  • Indiscreet (London Friends, #1)
  • Wildblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #2)
  • Dark Love
  • Night of the Candles (Classic Gothics Collection, #6)
  • Pirate Hunter's Mistress (The Virginia Brides #2)
  • Time for Love
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • The Last Rogue (Rogue Trilogy, #3)
  • Mood Indigo
  • Wild Heart (Blazing Frontier, #2)
  • Secrets of Midnight (The Man of My Dreams Series, #1)
  • The Renegade and the Rose (Renegade, Rebel and Rogue, #1)
  • What Wild Moonlight
Author now writes (and has re-issued some of her older books) as Claudy Conn.

Sir Edward Series (2 books)
  • Wildfire Kiss (Sir Edward, #1)
“ON THE SEACOAST road to Rye, in the midst of a summer’s hazy day, stood Sir Edward Danton. His uncovered head of silver tinged ginger colored hair blew around his lean and handsome face.” 0 likes
“smeared with grime. His attention was on the rise and fall of the breakers and his uncovered hands were clasped tightly at his back. Behind him, in a deep and narrow ditch, one could” 0 likes