Start by marking “Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams

Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams

There's a new FISH! in the pond! Here's a brilliant parable for everyone who wants to lead a fuller, happier life illions of business people have already used the bestselling FISH! books to improve the way they work. Now, the authors turn their attention to life's daily personal challenges, helping readers deal with them simply and effectively. By applying the FISH! princi ...more
Published January 7th 2004 by Hachette Books (first published July 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fish! For Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fish! For Life

Start your review of Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams
Philip
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Full disclosure: I read this book trying to win a prize. Our library, THE Goshen Public Library has a Summer Reading Program for adults this year. (...Maybe every year...) I've always wanted there to be a summer reading program for adults. Dreams can come true.

My wife reads more than anybody I know, and she entered last week, and won one of the drawings - $15 to one of our favorite restaurants. Nothing makes a prize seem as attainable as somebody you know winning it.

There are 3 drawings every we
Christy
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book was sort of the same old, same old just packaged in a different book cover. It was a "motivational" book on how to live your life and get the most of your relationships, etc.....but I just wasn't digging it. Too cliche! It was a pretty short read but I don't think I will be shouting a review of this from the rooftops any time soon.
Sarah {Literary Meanderings}

I read this for work. It was pretty unrealistic and far-fetched.
Wilton314
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2004
These guys have done it again. Built on the simple Fish! philosophy of achieving goals and applied it to life in general. Easy to read over and over again.
Jenny
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
I liked the philosophies and some of the story. However, the story turned extremely cheesy and implausible at points.
Gentry
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Hanan Almahmoud
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book is really amazing you fly through the pages quickly it is an easy read with a lot of morals and lessons learned , I recommend it to every one it makes you understand that it is your attitude that determines the circumstances in the situations you go through in a very lighthearted way
Candy Laine
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Loved This! The simple Fish! Philosophy has worked when it comes to organizations, but this book shows you how you can bring it to the family. wonderful and quick read with a deep message that has the potential to change your life.
Elvis
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable reading

I liked this book better than fish sticks; continuing with the idea of the original book making it easier to associate and understand the philosophy and also easier to apply in your personal life. I do strongly recommend the book.
Hien
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be a fish! Simple and direct face to this dark, hard world.
Timothy
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A reminder to focus on what's important, communicate about them and have fun while doing it.
Salem Lorot
If you want to inject fun into your work-life, this is the book for you. Inside the pages, you will learn how to have fun at the workplace, just like the "World famous Pike Place Fish market".

The gems are on:

1. Choose your attitude

2. Play

3. To your customers, make their day

4. Be present: Being fully present at work.

Rajesh
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
All books on real life stories are narrated in a manner that gives you a chance to look at some aspect of your own life.
And so every time you read a new book, you get a chance to explore new things, and with that added learning from the book the next book you read becomes the best book you have ever read and same happens with the next book and so on....
Fish! For Life ‐ Really a good book!! This book taught us to have 4 things in life... :‐)
1. Play
2. Make their day
3. Be there
4. Choose UR Attitude
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I enjoy the books that help us understand life philosophies through storytelling.
This is a quick read with sme good lessons.
The Fish! philosophy is based on four main ingrediants that can be boiled down to add fun to your life, spend more time in the present moment, pay attention and choose how you respond to life.
Simple enough to understand, more difficult to practice on a continuing basis.

I like the family situations used. There were a variety of examples.
The book did make it sound easier than
Lesley Looper
This was a quick read, and had some good points to remember that cross over different areas of life:

1) Play
2) Make someone's day
3) Be there
4) Choose your attitude

One section of this book dealt with health and diet, and I could espeically relate to using these principles in that arena. It was a good vacation read.
Madhavi
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Madhavi by: Husband
GO FISH out this book and read. Unlike the other self-help/self-improvement books this is a small book which preaches 4 simple rules to make you and your workplace a fun. The principles are very basic in nature and are the ones that you can connect to.
If you do not like the work that you do, then this book is for you. As stated in the book, you have the choice about the attitude you bring in.
Isabella V
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought the concept of this book was great, but the ways that they expressed it in the pages were poorly thought out. The book had a lot of stalling and unimportant details that could've been left out. The ending of the book was very cliche as well and I feel as if it didn't tie in with the story at all.
Genoveve
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lighten up and have some fun
Choose your attitude
Engage the customer in your presence
Be present with your customer

A fast and fabulous read for giving our attitude a facelift and our perspective, a sense of humour.
Stefanie
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book, because I had heard so many great things about the FISH! philosophy. The delivery is a little cheesy, but I think Lundin intended it to be really, really, really, really clear and easy for people to understand.
Safiah
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really a good book!! Taught us to have 4 things in life... :-)
1. Play
2. Make their day
3. Be there
4. Choose ur attitude

Really great to b applied anywhere!! Read it..

Thank u to the author also.. :-D
PW
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The FISH books are a quick read that makes logical sense...a good reminder of how we can often make the simple complex.
Genoveve
Cheesy but does contain great life reminders about how to employ attitude positively and other tips on living happily.
Mernell
Oct 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who would like to improve the way they work
A great way to boost moral improve results. To achieve dreams and goals at work and personal life.
Sulaiman ALR
Aug 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Add energy to your workplace using four principles:
- Play
- Be there
- Make their day
- Choose your attitude

I liked it. It is strongly recommended.
Cheryl
Oct 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read on how to make your homelife better.
Allycat010101
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's very inspirational and gives a wonderful morale.
Isobel
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great little read to encourage positive thinking. I regularly think back to sections within the book.... Especially if I'm in a fish market!
Graeme Stokes
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rather than surround yourself with positive people... become the positive person that other's wish to be a part of.
LeikHong Leow
May 11, 2013 rated it liked it
It is a good read on having FISH theory into our daily life. Improve family and friends relationship.
Ludmila Bopitiya
A good read - learnt to choose my attitudes towards life!

• Three Blind Mice and Other Stories (Miss Marple, #5.5)
  • How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships
  • رسائل يحيى حقي إلى ابنته نهى حقي
  • الفوائد
  • أزواج وزوجات أو صراع الديكة
  • Hard Times
  • Love Story (Love Story, #1)
  • The Lost World (Professor Challenger, #1)
Stephen Lundin is a writer, entrepreneur and filmmaker with a rich history as a graduate level business school professor and dean. Steve has written a number of books including the multimillion copy best selling FISH! and the simply bestselling FISH! Tales, FISH! Sticks and FISH! for Life.

News & Interviews