Start by marking “Finding Dandelion (Dearest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Dandelion (Dearest, #2)

Finding Dandelion

(Dearest #2)

When soccer all-star Jax Avery collides with Dani Hart on his twenty-first birthday, their connection is instantaneous and explosive. For the first time in years, Jax isn’t interested in his usual hit-it and quit-it approach.

But Dani knows better. Allowing herself a night to be carefree and feel the intensity of their attraction won’t change anything when it comes to
Published July 11th 2014 by Lex Martin (first published July 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Dandelion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Dandelion

Start your review of Finding Dandelion (Dearest, #2)
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, could-read-again
description

I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you hun!!

"If you don't fight for what you love, don't cry for what you lose."

description

Finding Dandelion was just AMAZING. It isn’t often that I come across authors that I will go out of my way to read their work the moment they send me a copy, but, Lex Martin is ONE of these select few authors that I make an absolute exception for. I LITERALLY sat and devoured this book in ONE sitting. No joke…I even didn’t notice
Lindsay
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is another home run from Lex Martin! Ok, I know Jax is a soccer player but I'm not a soccer fan so I don't know all the lingo so baseball will have to do. ;)

From the moment I started this, I couldn't put it down. I literally read this in one sitting. Ok, seeing as it's Independence Day, my one sitting was slightly broken up by a freaked out dog and rude neighbors setting off illegal fireworks. But I digress. This book is seriously unputdownable.

I cannot begin to describe how much I
Cassia Brightmore
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Captivating. That’s the word that came to mind when I sat down to write this review - I had the immense pleasure of receiving an early copy of this book, and being a first time Lex Martin reader..I have to say I was unsure of what to expect. I jumped in with both feet and was not disappointed...more than that - I fell in love. Lex Martin, to borrow a line from you - you’re a category 5 hurricane of an author in my book. Just fucking phenomenal writing! I devoured this book, consumed it, lived ...more
Nikki
Oh Jax, right here buddy...
description

There are so many "insert foot in ass" moments for our hero here, I am not even sure where to begin. I guess let's start with some background. And I will spoiler with details if you so choose to know more...

Jax is Clem's manwhore twin brother. Dani is Clem's roommate. Book starts out somewhat overlapping the 1st book at Jax and Clem's bday party. Dani and Jax hook up, he goes down on her, some stuff goes down (view spoiler)
Debra

4+ Stars!

"If you don't fight for what you love, don't cry for what you lose."

Finding Dandelion by Lex Martin is the second book in the Dearest-series but it can also be read as a standalone. Personally, I hadn't read book one, Dearest Clementine, yet and while I could follow the story perfectly, I think it might have been an even better reading experience after having read book one first. But still, that minor detail did not diminish the fact that author Lex Martin has managed to positively
Lex Martin
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
To receive an email when I release SHAMELESS on April 26 and get sneak peaks, sign up for my newsletter here: http://tiny.cc/zhizjx

I'll be giving away SIGNED copies of Dearest Series books and ARCs of SHAMELESS in my Facebook group. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://on.fb.me/1oJN3mZ

Here's an excerpt from FINDING DANDELION if you haven't read it yet:

Music blares on the stereo behind me, but I’m too tired from this afternoon’s workout to budge. I look across the room and laugh.
Eliza
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

Title: Finding Dandelion (Dearest #2)
Series: Yes (Each can be read as standalone)
Author: Lex Martin
Release Date: July 11th, 2014
Rating: 4.5 "Out-Skanking" Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Jax Avery is handsome, he's rich and he can get any girl he wants. Girls want him and Boys applaud him. He's a budding soccer star, the next big thing. Toeing the line to keep his place on the team all he has to do is keep his nose clean and head in the game, except he doesn't
nicklein
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
So....I've read this the day before reading Cursed Child and I sadly forgot all about my thoughts about this. Shame on me.
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Title: Finding Dandelion
Series:Dearest #2
Author: Lex Martin
Release Date: July 11, 2014
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Lex Martin is a standout, new and fresh author that has a lot to offer the romance world. I fell in love with her writing in Dearest Clementine and now with her latest release, Finding Dandelion, I'm quickly making my way towards auto-add with all her books-no question. She has the ability to
Patrycja
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Tricia Santos
Shelves: 4-star-books
4.5 Happy Dani Stars

Lex Martini is slowly making her way on my favorite author list. If you are looking for a sweet, fast and easy read, then Finding Dandelion is for you.

Summary

Jax and Dani are completely opposites. Jax is rich and a player. He doesn’t answer to anyone but himself. Dani just got out of a relationship and created a bucket list of things to do to get her back on track. She got a tattoo and now she wants a one night stand.

Jax and Dani meet. It was meant to be a one night thing,
Noodle
4.5 STARS

This was a perfect example of a New Adult, Contemporary Romance book. There wasn't an over the top amount of angst, drama or annoying characters, and an overall well paced story that kept me engaged (unlike a few others books I was reading before this.) This was basically a little fluffy, yet sexy New Adult read that I literally flew through in a few hours and absolutely adored! Super stoked for Daren's story in 'Kissing Madeline.' :)

And can we just take a minute for the cover. Its
Amanda
Tropes: 24

“See, there are happily ever afters. Even for assholes like me.”

This quote sums up the entire book. Because, even after everything, the hero is still an asshole.

Finding Dandelion is the second book in the Dearest series, and this time the story focuses on Jax, the heroine from the first book's brother, and Dani, one of the roommates (of the previous heroine's). The second book, much like the first, falls due to its lack of character development and a lack of plot.

Jax meets Dani at a
Polly
Apr 26, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: will-never-read
Glad I waited on some non-arc reviews. Thanks Nikki for saving me! I LOVED book one but man whore assholes are not my cup of tea, SOOOOOO

Andie
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it

Everything is very mediocre. No plot, no character development, too many misunderstandings with no communication whatsoever. This book wasn't for me sadly.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

4.5 DANDELION STARS

FindingDandelion

Finding Dandelion by Lex Martin was simply beautiful and touching. I am blown away with Ms. Martin’s storytelling. In this unforgettable and uplifting book, Ms. Martin reminds us all to LIVE, LOVE, & LAUGH. And most importantly if you are going to curse, to say it like you mean it. So Ms. Martin I just wanted to tell you Finding Dandelion was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Finding Dandelion will capture and tug all the heart
Madeline A.
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am OBSESSED with the Dearest Series. I immediately bought Book 2 and 3 after reading Book 1. Dani is so much more than meets the eye - we didn't get to learn so much about Dani in book 1 so I wasn't sure what to expect. Dani is charming and talented - it's no wonder Jax falls for her! Jax is the typical playboy who falls for the good girl. Without giving away too much - this is a story of heartbreak, love and second chances. You will NOT be able to put this down :) !
Jessica
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, everything I read by Lex Martin is contemporary romance gold. I fell head over heels in love with the first book in this series and I was itching to get my hands on Dani and Jax's story!

When Dani runs into Jax on his 21st birthday, Dani lets herself go and they have an insane attraction she can't ignore. So when her roommate introduces her brother to Dani and she sees that it's Jax, who doesn't show a flicker of recognition, Dani is horrified. Not only is hooking up with a friend's
Sera ~ Catty Reader
4.5/5 stars

I liked this book more than the first one in this series. This book is very emotional and kind of sad really. I like Dani and Jax - even though I really didn't think I was going to since Jax is kind of man-whoring ass. But he's more of a sweet ass in this book and I liked his connection with Dani.
Unlike the first book, this one is Dual-POV and I enjoyed it.

There were moments that made me laugh, make me feel very sad and the book also contains quite a bit of steamy hot scenes.

The
J.
I was lucky enough to received an advanced copy of this book.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this series! If at all possible, I think I love book 2 more than book 1 (and that's saying a lot).

Finding Dandelion is the story of Jax and Dani, and let me just say that both of these characters are amazing---a sexy soccer player with a good heart and a timid, yet strong, heroine who doesn't know how amazing she is......

Here are just a few things I LOVED about the book:

1. Like I already said, I loved Jax
Marcella
These covers are seriously beautiful!
This story was great! Not as good as the first but I still enjoyed Jax and Dani's story. It was light and carefree at the beginning. then went all deep and sad at the end.
Dani and her Mum's relationship was so awesome! I loved her Mum!! So full of life and hilarious. More like a sister than a mother. (**GOALS**)
Jax was so sweet and attentive to Dani. He made some dick choices but he fought in the end and rightfully got the girl.

I actually thought the girl in
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Awesome!! Just get's better!
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book and series has hooked me!! Yet again, I read this book in just a few hours. I couldn’t put it down and it didn’t matter if my family needed me for something. I had to know how it was going to end!

Finding Dandelion is the second book in Dearest series by Lex Martin. While each book is a standalone, you get to see the entire cast of characters so I would recommend reading the first book, Dearest Clementine before you read this one. I loved the first book! But I think I enjoyed this one
Melissa
description

"It couldn't be more fitting because that's what she is to me, my North Star"- Jax

4.5 everyone deserves as many second chances as they can get stars!

So I read Dearest Clementine a few weeks ago, and fell IN LOVE with both Lex Martin's writing and her characters. Since then, I've been in withdrawals, eagerly awaiting Finding Dandelion. While Finding Dandelion is quite different from Dearest Clementine, I've got to say, I enjoyed it just as much, finishing it in just two sittings.

"My other
Ashley
#herewego #fivestars

Any time I start an ARC I get anxious. Oh God, what if I don't like it? What if it sucks donkey balls? What am I going to say in my review then? I can't lie!! I feel torn bc I'm honored the author chose me to have an advanced copy of their work, but terrified of having to tell the truth if I hated it. #fml

This one started out like all others for me... Whacked out excitement for a sequel to a freshman book that I ABSOLUTELY ADORED- but terrified it would be sequel suicide.
Amy
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I totally would. As soon as I found out Jax was getting his own story, I couldn't wait to read it.

Finding Dandelion follows the story of Dani & Jax and is told from dual pov's. Dani and Jax meet during a chance encounter on his birthday. From the moment they meet, their chemistry is undeniable. For the first time ever, Jax doesn't want to jump right in and have sex....there's just something about Dani that makes him want to
Nicola
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having enjoyed Dearest Clementine, I had no hesitation in picking up Finding Dandelion, and whilst the first book had the edge for me, this was an enjoyable read.

"Nice girls have the good sense to stay away from me."

We met Jax and Dani in the first book and their story runs parallel for a short while with Dearest Clementine. Clem's twin, Jax is a player and has the reputation that goes with it whilst Dani, is her quiet yet surprising roommate; let's just say she's unexpected. A night in a
Bethany
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 #Lovingthisseries Stars!

When I found out that the second book in the Dearest series was going to be about Jax, Clementine’s player brother, I was really excited. We first meet Jax in Dearest Clementine and I knew there had to be more to him than just playing soccer and hooking up with girls and I was so right!

Dani Hart is looking to try new things and break out from her shell. She comes up with a list of things she wants to try, a one night stand being one of those. Meeting a very hot
Anjali (Bookstersisters)
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Usually while reading a series the first book is really good and the subsequent ones may or may not be good but usually they don't come up to the standard of the first book. Fortunately my theory has been proved wrong multiple times this year and one of those authors who proved me wrong is Lex Martin.
Finding Dandelion was actually better than Dearest Clementine in my opinion. Dani was a sweetheart and her story touched my heart. Jax was a jackass most of the time but he managed to redeem himself
Tahsin
Jun 13, 2014 rated it liked it
honestly, there was just something about Dearest Clementine that pulled me in and made me love it. hence, it was no surprise that i was expecting something fucking huge and phenomenal for this book. i was disappointed. i didn't love danielle, and i wasn't exactly the biggest fan of jax. everything was just mediocre. the plot felt forced at times, and i couldn't connect to it. at all. as for that epilogue? could have been a lot better. but seeing as how i'm so critical of this book, i would have ...more

• Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Pieces of Me (Cedar Mountain University, #1)
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • Hallowed Ground (Flight & Glory, #4)
  • The Failing Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #2)
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • The Hardest Fall
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • To Love Jason Thorn
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Reckless, Shameless, and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romance novels, the steamy kind she hopes her readers love but her parents avoid. A former high school English teacher and freelance journalist, she resides in Texas with her husband and twin daughters. Drop her a line. She loves hearing from readers.

UPCOMING NEW RELEASE:

Dearest (3 books)
  • Dearest Clementine (Dearest, #1)
  • Kissing Madeline (Dearest, #3)
“See, there are happily ever afters. Even for assholes like me.” 2 likes
“The girl who grew up watching old Madonna videos wants to embrace my sexual freedom” 1 likes