Start by marking “Beyond” as Want to Read:
Beyond

Beyond

Olivia Reynolds lives a sheltered life. Daughter of the leader of their small community, she is treated like a princess, never allowed beyond the safety of the walls. When her father decides she must marry, she chooses the man she has secretly lusted after ever since she first laid eyes on him.

Dane Mitchell.

One of her father’s best men, Dane is as lethal is he is attractiv
Published December 20th 2014 (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond, please sign up.

Cristina
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian

Well...I'm really not a big fan of dystopian romance (I've actually only read a series in this genre and that was YA...so it doesn't count) but I wanted to give this one a try because I love Chantal Fernando and her writing style :D

description

So... on the night before I was supposed to leave on my holiday instead of getting a few hours of sleep (like any normal person) before catching my flight I was devouring (because what else can you call it when you finish a book in a few hours?) this novel and becomin
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
☆Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review☆

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Beyond
AUTHOR: Chantal Fernando
GENRE: Contemporary Romance, Dystopian
RELEASE DATE: December 20th 2014
MY RATING:★★★★★ (FAVOURITE SHELF)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

God how to explain this book is going to be a mission within itself!! BUT here goes, this reminded me of "The Twilight Games" and the blond female off "Game of Thrones" the one with the dragons, now why do u ask?? Both of these females are kick ass tough bow and arrow welding he
Vanessa
4 Beyond this World Stars!!!

Release Day -- December 20, 2014!!!

Well, damn, this book's got it all!!! It might not be what you're thinking. It's not a dark book, although, there are definitely a few elements in there that could be considered as such. It's not a heavy dystopian read, although, that is part of the story line. But don't look at the other reviews and think, hmm dystopian? Not for me. Because it's usually not for me either. I am a romance reader and I still LOVED this book. The r
Alpha Possessive Heroes
"In a world of chaos, death and pain, I found an epic love."

Well I'll be damned! I did not expect BEYOND to be like this.

Zombies? Bear-rex?!

description

If you think this book is another MC story or another MAFIA shenanigans.. well.. You're in a big fuckin' surprise!

Since I have a very low imagination- paranormal/fantasy/zombies theme are my least favorite genres! So the moment Chantal handed me this book and I read flesh eating monsters, I was like..

description

This was totally out of my comfort zone but I wanted
Sabrina
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This book is set in a world where Zombie's have taken over and life has pretty much gone to shit. A group of people live in a castle, protected by walls and have formed their own society. Olivia's dad is the leader of the people and that makes her the princess. Her father orders her to marry on her twenty first birthday, but she doesn't want to marry someone of her fathers choosing. But when her dad gives in and lets her choose her own husband, she realizes she doesn't even know the peo
Amanda
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it

This is a quick fun and sexy read. Is hard for me to rate because on one hand, I thought it was good for a quickie and I really enjoyed myself, but on the other hand I don't think this 150 pages is worth $3.99.

The blurb didn't give me any background on the time period. I thought it is a mafia story. With the mafia princess wanted to marry the right hand man. All of a sudden, the mentioned of them staying in a castle threw me off guard. There isn't any world building to ease you into it.
✿kawehi.reviews
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via FMR Book Studio in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Beyond was just an 'okay' read for me. Set in a post-apocalyptic/dystopian world (which I love!!) where there are zombies, mutated creatures, and unsavory people who run amuck and threaten the safe haven that Olivia Reynolds’ father had created... Olivia is the stereo-typical “princess” of that small community but with a hidden passion to explore and protect her humble abode. Suppressed by what is expected of
Trigger Happy
Me and this little guy - only 159 pages had a great time Friday night. Even though the book is short it had it all and was a great read. By the time I finished it I had the warm fuzzy feeling and a smile on my face.

description

The story is about a community trying to survive a zombie apocalypses. I especially liked that the story was taking place in an old castle which was giving the feeling that you are send back in time where princesses and heroes were something normal. But then again we are reminded wha
Simona Misevska
description

"In a world of chaos, death and pain, I found an epic love."

I buy beyond because of the author,i like Chantel writting and her books so i buy with one click.But i did not see it's Science Fiction & Fantasy,and zombies,beasts and world end books are not for me.This is my first book in this genre and for sure it will be last.But i liked and enjoyed this one,the love story between Dane and Olivia is amazing,Dane is super alpha,caveman solider,he was my highlight in the book,Olivia is very str
S.J. Abbo
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it

Took everything the book supposed to have to be successful, and maybe even some extra:

One virgin heroine (who is more than everybody think she is)
Her father (leader and very protective of his „princes“)
One brooding, dark, dangerous hero
One arranged marriage
Sexual tension
Jealousy
Ex- girlfriends (yes, more than one)
Gay best friend, Bisexual friend, and prostitute friend, in love triangle
Zombies
Some tra
Alissa Evanson
Feb 23, 2014 marked it as to-read

ANOTHER SMOKIN' COVER.

I THINK I'M GONNA BE BUSY WITH ALL THESE AMAZING BOOKS COMING OUT FROM ALL THESE GREAT AUTHORS!

<3 Chantal Fernando so I'm guessing this is gonna be a good one ;)

Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
4 stars!

Ohh I loved the blurb when I read it and I loved the book just as much! My only "complain" was the length, why did it have to be so freaking short? It's like half a book, I devoured it within an hour at best.

Zombies, dystopian setting with a royal touch to it and the whole arranged marriage theme was just amazing and mind-blowing combination. I.WANT.MORE.OF.THIS. Is there going to be another? Lots of characters that could get their own book or maybe a sequel for this one? I.NEED.MORE.
Arzumcan

It was a short read. Everything happened and ended so fast, for my taste. Can't say it was awesome but I enjoyed it. Because what can I say, I love reading!! LOL. I think the best thing about this book was the heroine She was tough, caring and mature. Like a fresh breath of air(kinda hard to find when she is 21yo) and another thing; it was well written. I really wished there had been more! :( soo, back to the story...

Its 2020. And 5 years ago,a virus spread all around the world. And now mos

Sheryl C. Nash
Well that was nothing like I normally read BUT I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!! Would DEF love to read more about this world, Chantal Fernando!!!!
Eileen Robinson
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I was Extremely fortunate to recieve a copy of this book from the author before its publication.
This story centers around Olivia ( daughter of the "Leader") and Dane (no1 soldier/ warrior). It all takes place in the future where the world has changed and survival is far from easy, with zombie types and others lurking around. But DO NOT let this deter you. Olivia is coming up to her 23rd birthday and she must choose a husband. Unbeknown to her father there is someone she has secretly admired and
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
**arc recieved for an honest review from author by us hoochies at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **

Ok...I knew nothing about this book except it was written by Ms. Fernando and to be honest that is all I needed to be privy to. Being one of my go to authors I know I won't be disappointed and I wasn't. Yes this book may seem different from books in her past but it really isn't, the setting YES different but the two leads...all Chantal! Which is why I read her in the first place, a feisty, strong wi
Alessa
Jan 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dystopia
I was forcing myself to read that book.
The characters are plain, no depth.
Seemed like the author hurried to write a short story..

I mean the story had potential but was destroyed with bad implementation.
Aysh_reads
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
ok.. i love chantal's style of writing BUT.. something was missing not sure what it was but i just liked it.. not OMG amazing!

Begum
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
4.5 yildiz

Baya eglendim okurken butun krakterlere bayildim turunde okudugum kitaplarin en iyisiydi yazar zombi hikayesinde sacmalamadan dengede tutmayi basarmis okunmali :))
Jane Allen
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Whoop whoop too many good books awaiting release!!! I am so excited :-)
Lorrie
I thought the storyline was interesting, but it felt too sparse and rushed, and unfortunately, it had more than a few typos.
Stephanie Knowles
This is like nothing you've read before...
Chantal can write in any genre, so this paranormal, fantasy, living in a different world, LOVE story - is fantastic!!!

Who would want to be in an arranged marriage right? But somehow, Olivia and Dane make it work. Whilst they are falling in love with eachother, we area falling love with them!!!

Amazing story, couldn't put it down, LOVED reading something different from as awesome Author!!!
Sakshi
3.5 ish

Well I liked the ending very much. It was very cute! Other then that, this book dissapointed me quite a lot. I wanted more and a bit of drama would've been good. I mean who doesn't love a nice read through a emotional heartbreak and patch up? I think the blurb was so much better then the actually story. I've been waiting for this book for a while now because the blurb was very good but dammit!!!!!
Cristina
If you've ever read anything by Chantal and not like it for some reason, give this one a try. It's short but a nice read nonetheless. No cheating. No threesomes. There's a little bit of zombies and beasts. Nothing too overwhelming. I quite enjoyed it and truth be told I was a little surprised I finally enjoyed something from this author. The hero was quite likable. (Yes, definitely book boyfriend material). All in all, I'd recommend it.
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
May 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bah-humbug
I was excited when I read the blurb

The beginning showed promise. But the more I read, the more I realized how infantile the whole concept was. Dialogues Between hero and heroine were ok. All other dialogues were pointless and mundane. Moreover, there were so so many spelling mistakes. I have rarely read a book with so many.

It just didn't get deep enough.
Mojo_Mama
GRRR...this sucked.
It read like a plot outline.
It could have been so much better.
Instead it read like a PNR Historical of epically bad proportions. I am so sad :(

Don’t read this, strike it from your TBR list...
You’ll thank me.
Snow
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun!
I loved it!
It doesn't matter if the story is set in the present day or the near future dystopian one, it works the same way - there's an alpha male, a stubborn, sassy heroine and a whole lot of sex.

and that's fine by me. LOL
Ela
Dec 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Really had potential but lacked a story and length.
Rachel
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I just wish it was longer! Dane was my favorite type of alpha. He was possessive but not over the top. He was hard and soft and I loved him!
  • Death Row
  • Ruby Lips
  • Nick and Lilac
  • King (Satan's Assassins MC, #1)
  • This Broken Beautiful Beast (Broken Beautiful, #2)
  • Unmistakable
  • Sweet Trouble
  • Last Shadow
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Fool's Gold (Hearts and Arrows, #3.5)
  • Killer (Project Series, #1)
  • I'm in Love with a Stripper
  • Caress and Conquer
  • Nomad
  • Just Married (More than Friends, #1)
  • Cautious Surrender (Unearthly World, #4)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Excessive Force (Force of Nature, #7)
New York Times, Amazon & USA Today Bestselling Author Chantal Fernando is thirty years old and lives in Western Australia.

Lover of all things romance, Chantal is the author of the best selling books Dragon's Lair, Maybe This Time and many more.

When not reading, writing or daydreaming she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family.

Chantal loves to hear from readers and can be fou