Start by marking “The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level” as Want to Read:
The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level

The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level

In this Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek bestseller, Michigan Business School guru and worldwide consultant Noel Tichy brings his special brand of organisational transformation to a practical level that guarantees a leader at every level of an organisation.

Why do some companies consistently win in the marketplace while others struggle from crisis to crisis? The answer,
Published July 24th 2007 by HarperBusiness (first published January 1st 1997)

Jason
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Leadership Engine, by Noel Tichy, is devoted to describing how great leaders push and lead their corporations toward success. Using case studies and research, this book shows that leader driven organizations are more successful, rather than mere manager led. In so doing, the author shows how leader led organizations have traits that lead them towards achievement of their goals.

Leaders are so intertwined with the concept of reproducing themselves that they become known for their teaching ski
Kevin
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome and comprehensive about leadership and change and emphasizes: supporting reasons (the business case), description of TO-BE destination, and how to do this. This book has many times help galvanize my thinking. I re-read it periodically and this time as always I am glad I did.
Brandon Perry
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely amazing. I'm a strong believer in leadership and building leadership cultures in a company. For me it's easy to see the companies that will soon die off and the ones that will continue to win by just studying the "leaders" at the company. Even the ones that seem to be winning now will soon fade away because there is no leadership engine.

This book also made me appreciate everything Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady are doing at LIFE Leadership. They have created what Tichy w
Jeff
Mar 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leadership
Just finished this one...not as inspirational as some of the other leadership books I've read, but very good nonetheless. It has informed several decisions I have been mulling over regarding the progression of my business.

This book is centered on the concept that the world is bigger than any one of us as individuals. In order to succeed, you have to be willing to teach, coach, and mentor. Mentoring requires being vulnerable, releasing some ego constraints, and being honest. Teaching requires the
Christine
Sep 09, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: taking-a-break
I'm in the midst of developing leadership curriculum for my staff and this is a GREAT look at excellent leaders and their skills in the marketplace. Has given me some great ideas on developing people and myself.
Steffanie
the handbook in the index is an amazing resource with great exercises. the beginning of thr book is a bit of a slow starter.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on leadership for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
Rusty
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Tichy is a great instructor in the field of leadership.
Fariz Hilmi
Mar 29, 2019
Shahid Khan
Jan 18, 2017
John Williamson
Sep 30, 2014
Mohammad Asl
rated it did not like it
Nov 08, 2015
  • The Contrarian's Guide to Leadership
  • Deep Change: Discovering the Leader Within
  • Encouraging the Heart: A Leader's Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others
  • Open Leadership
  • Managing at the Speed of Change: How Resilient Managers Succeed and Prosper Where Others Fail
  • Moments of Truth
  • Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction
  • Force For Change: How Leadership Differs from Management
  • Transforming Leadership
  • Topgrading: How Leading Companies Win by Hiring, Coaching, and Keeping the Best People
  • Jack Welch & The G.E. Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO
  • Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change
  • Leading from the Second Chair: Serving Your Church, Fulfilling Your Role, and Realizing Your Dreams
  • Management of the Absurd
  • The Practice of Adaptive Leadership: Tools and Tactics for Changing Your Organization and the World
  • A Passion for Excellence: The Leadership Difference
  • The Dance of Change: The challenges to sustaining momentum in a learning organization