Start by marking “The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level” as Want to Read:
The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level

The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level

In this Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek bestseller, Michigan Business School guru and worldwide consultant Noel Tichy brings his special brand of organisational transformation to a practical level that guarantees a leader at every level of an organisation.

Why do some companies consistently win in the marketplace while others struggle from crisis to crisis? The answer,
Published July 24th 2007 by Harper Business (first published January 1st 1997)

Start your review of The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level
Jason
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Leadership Engine, by Noel Tichy, is devoted to describing how great leaders push and lead their corporations toward success. Using case studies and research, this book shows that leader driven organizations are more successful, rather than mere manager led. In so doing, the author shows how leader led organizations have traits that lead them towards achievement of their goals.

Leaders are so intertwined with the concept of reproducing themselves that they become known for their teaching ski
Kevin
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome and comprehensive about leadership and change and emphasizes: supporting reasons (the business case), description of TO-BE destination, and how to do this. This book has many times help galvanize my thinking. I re-read it periodically and this time as always I am glad I did.
Fabrizio Stucchi
Apr 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Good principles, but overall the book did not aged well, thinking about the examples of "everlasting" companies... ( GE, HP...).
Brandon Perry
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely amazing. I'm a strong believer in leadership and building leadership cultures in a company. For me it's easy to see the companies that will soon die off and the ones that will continue to win by just studying the "leaders" at the company. Even the ones that seem to be winning now will soon fade away because there is no leadership engine.

This book also made me appreciate everything Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady are doing at LIFE Leadership. They have created what Tichy w
Jeff
Mar 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leadership
Just finished this one...not as inspirational as some of the other leadership books I've read, but very good nonetheless. It has informed several decisions I have been mulling over regarding the progression of my business.

This book is centered on the concept that the world is bigger than any one of us as individuals. In order to succeed, you have to be willing to teach, coach, and mentor. Mentoring requires being vulnerable, releasing some ego constraints, and being honest. Teaching requires the
Christine
Sep 09, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: taking-a-break
I'm in the midst of developing leadership curriculum for my staff and this is a GREAT look at excellent leaders and their skills in the marketplace. Has given me some great ideas on developing people and myself.
Steffanie
the handbook in the index is an amazing resource with great exercises. the beginning of thr book is a bit of a slow starter.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on leadership for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
Rusty
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Tichy is a great instructor in the field of leadership.
Fariz Hilmi
Mar 29, 2019
Shahid Khan
Jan 18, 2017
John Williamson
Sep 30, 2014
Mohammad Asl
rated it did not like it
Nov 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Radicalized
  • It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy
  • Encounters with the Archdruid
  • What Makes Olga Run?: The Mystery of the Ninety-Something Track Star Who Is Smashing Records and Outpacing Time, and What She Can Teach Us About How to Live
  • The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future
  • Leave It As It Is: A Journey Through Theodore Roosevelt's American Wilderness
  • Resistance: A Songwriter's Story of Hope, Change, and Courage
  • The Forest Unseen: A Year’s Watch in Nature
  • How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
  • Information Wars: How We Lost the Global Battle Against Disinformation and What We Can Do about It
  • The Scientist and the Spy: A True Story of China, the FBI, and Industrial Espionage
  • The Birth of Tragedy
  • The Japanese Art of Reiki
  • The Art of Being Unreasonable: Lessons in Unconventional Thinking
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • The Innovator's Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book that Will Change the Way You Do Business
  • Be More Pirate: Or How to Take On the World and Win