Start by marking “Crochet Me” as Want to Read:
Crochet Me

Crochet Me

Featuring 18 fashionable patterns that take crochet into new territory, this beginner-friendly book of projects dispels the "unhip" reputation of crochet with designs that are edgy and stylish. Projects include jewelry, thigh-high stockings, retro bags, scarves, sweaters, shrugs, camis, and home décor objects, exploring color, texture, design, embellishment, and how to cus ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about Crochet Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet Me

Start your review of Crochet Me
Abbey
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet
BOTTOM LINE: Attempt at "trendy" doesn't quite come off, but a fun attitude and some very intriguing patterns made this fun to read, at least.

Not at all my cuppa, these designs are fairly "out there", and some are plain bizzarro IMO. But the author writes well, and this medium-sized paperback pattern book is arranged well and photographed ditto. The size and tight paperback construction make it difficult to use, but for those whose tastes reflect those of the author this would be a fun book to
Cami
Apr 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I got this one from the library and immediately added it to my "must buy" list. It's a great book filled with wonderful patterns from prominent crochet designers. This is a classic book that you'll return to when you find a new, beautiful yarn and you want to know what to make with it. It's a must for the crochet garment-maker's library.
Wade WDM
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wade by: Sarah
mmmm, this book is like candy for the crochet person!! I love just browsing through the pictures and hoping that some day I'll be learned enough to be able to make some of the items in the book.
Sherry
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
A very nice book if looking for ideas in the world of crochet, the patterns shown, I found to be lacking. It is more of a introduction for specific designers than a book for workable patterns.
Kim Clune
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than Projects

Aside from the beautiful patterns, tips and tricks, I truly enjoyed learning about the designers. Whether mixing elements from different cultures or just letting their hook lead the way, there are many springboard ideas for designing beyond the patterns and with leads to much more inspiration beyond the book.
Teresa
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up-on
A library book that I was browsing through for patterns. None grabbed me and made me feel like I just had to have or use this book. Love her Craftsy classes, though.
Shellina Nefelibata
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
2 great sweater patterns, the rest was ok
Emily
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, crafty
I guess it's the point of the book, but too many dresses, skirts, and tops for my taste. Crochet is essentially see-through; nothing in this about lining or additional finishing.
Nett Hulse
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
A solid compilation with some cute items. Watch for errata, and perhaps check the book's patterns out of Ravelry to make sure you want to make them first.
Jo
Jan 25, 2014 rated it liked it
As per crochet book rules, some inoffensive items; some that I don't think would look good on anyone; one I loved the concept of, but hated the execution; and a couple I may attempt in the future. Nothing I fell absolutely in love with, but I'm picky. I did like the essays and articles that came after nearly every pattern. I had just mentioned to my mother that I need to relearn how to read stitch diagrams when, lo and behold! "Read Stitch Diagrams"! I was just starting to get tired of hunting t ...more
Leslie
Sep 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Get out your hooks, Crochet fans! Kim P. Werker, editor of Interweave Crochet magazine and the founder of crochetme.com, has gathered together a group of hip designers and created a book of innovative and stylish designs. The eighteen patterns range from bags to sweaters and leave granny squares and crocheted flowers far behind.

I particularly liked the looks of both the Babydoll Dress by Amy O'Neill Houck and the Leaves Sweater by Annette Petavy. Both designs use fine yarn to accomplish a beaut
SewUnicornish
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this book you get to read other crocheters experiences and profiles. There are little pages describing the artists reason for creating the pattern. The book tries to give crocheters a sense of community and purpose. It touches on the issue of feminism and being raised in a career first society. I would say this is for more advanced crocheters. I liked it. The patterns are ok but not amazing or anything.
Tanya
Aug 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Intermediate crocheters
Shelves: 2008-books
Not for beginners - but has a couple of cute projects in it. If you are interested in "going green," there is a cute project in there for a "cocoon bag" which will allow you to create a reusable bag to take to the market. I'm just learning to crochet, so this is a book to come back to after banking some experience with my hook first.
Ames
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
The patterns in this book are a bit advanced, but many I want to try making when my skills are better. Making a full piece of clothing seems daunting, but there are plenty of smaller accessories to tackle. I also enjoyed that each designer has a profile included. It's not often you have the opportunity to "get to know" the amazingly talented people behind the designs in a pattern book.
Gabriella
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: diy-how-to
This book has a variety of crochet patterns - a few tops, jewelry, a pair of stockings, a bag, a basket, a rug, and more. Most of it isn't my style, and this would be a book I would pass on if it weren't for two patterns that really caught my eye - I haven't made them yet, so I've yet to see how they work up with from the pattern.
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great crochet book with some very cool designs. I'd like to someday crochet the Style Moderne jewelry, the Comfy Cardi, and that amazing Mesmerize Sweater! Also liked the Shades of Plaid scarf which looks woven. Might want to purchase this book for its good instructions of Tunisian crochet and other more advanced techniques.
Endrina
Dec 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I just got this book, and after having leafed through it and admired all the lovely patterns I know I'll be using this book a lot. There are loads of lovely items, and the instructions seem clear as well. I can't wait to get started on the blue wrap on the front cover - and there are even more goodies inside! This is indeed a book with trendy and cool patterns, and a must for all crocheters!
Gabriela
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Very inspiring, with lots and lots of models and designers profiles. The books creates a marvelous atmosphere, introducing at the same time new styles (new for me), like Tunisian crochet.A must read if you're a crochet enthusiast/designer.
Anna
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: knit-crochet
There are maybe 2 designs in this whole book that are both fashionable and wearable for a real woman (read someone not model sized). I was disappointed.
Apr 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Baby doll dress
Joshua Gage
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: crochet
These patterns are nice, and look very pretty, but there's nothing here I'd want to crochet. I'd recommend getting it from the library to check out the patterns before purchasing it.
Libraryla2
How great crocheting is.
Carrie
Aug 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful patterns. A must-have.
Ashley
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yarncraft
Gorgeous patterns, but many of them do require a lot of focus. :)
Jen
Feb 15, 2013 marked it as to-read
A couple patterns I really liked in here. I made the scarf for a friend for Christmas and it turned out really cute!
Cordelia
Sep 19, 2008 rated it did not like it
They didn't pick the best of the Crochet Me patterns, which can all be found for free online.
Amy
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've gotten my hands on, LOVE the patterns and different ideas.
Bryn
May 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
"Revolution"? Hyperbolic. But there are some really cool (and occasionally mind-bending) designs.
Darlene
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
The clothes in here is so pretty. The color choices too.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Seduction
  • The Body in the Library (Miss Marple, #2)
  • Continuous Crochet: Create Seamless Sweaters, Shrugs, Shawls and More--With Minimal Finishing!
  • Royal's Bride (Bride's Trilogy, #1)
  • Reese's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #2)
  • Lady Derring Takes a Lover (The Palace of Rogues #1)
  • I've Got Your Number
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • The Secret To Seduction (Holt Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Designs of Lord Randolph Cavanaugh
  • Obsession Falls (Virtue Falls #2)
  • Knot Guilty (Crochet Mystery, #9)
  • The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs #2)
  • Rule's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #3)
  • Permed to Death (The Bad Hair Day Mysteries, #1)
  • Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory
Kim Werker is a writer and editor who makes something every day. She runs a project called Mighty Ugly, helping people to embrace the difficult, dark side of creativity so they can have way more fun making stuff and trying new things.

Her latest book is Make It Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty. Kim was the founder of the now-extinct CrochetMe.com and