Start by marking “Hope's Decree (The Fated #1)” as Want to Read:
Hope's Decree (The Fated #1)

Hope's Decree

(The Fated #1)

When everything else is lost, there is always hope.

While most teens want an epic senior year, Trinity Whitebone hoped for a normal one. Being seventeen was hard enough. Having the emotions of everyone around you in your head made life more than a little difficult.

Until Blain Heros enrolled.

He screamed hot-god in jeans with just his walk. His intense stare warmed her skin l
Published August 13th 2013 by Untold Press

To ask other readers questions about Hope's Decree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope's Decree

Sandra
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW COPY WAS PROVIDED BY AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

Dear Hope's Decree,

You gave me hope that not all YA books are the same.
It was like being able to breathe fresh air again.
It was a really good feeling.

It's been a while since I've read anything outside contemporary YA/NA books and this was a good break from that. I've always been a fan of anything that has any kind of Myth in the story. A few of my faves are the Goddess Test series and Starcrossed series. And you my friend, have
Wminbc
A new NA book coming from this author too...waiting on it while I do a re-read of this one.

Huge thanks to the amazing author for an ARC...I just learned that the book was released yesterday and on Amazon...posted my review there too.

I like many of you read the Twilight series, despite the fact that I do not read YA/NA as a general rule. But that series put me back into my high school years...the longing, the hope, the crushing heart ache of first love. Hope's Decree had all of those: the longing
Amber
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, review, arc
I really dont know where to start when it comes to Hope's Decree accept to say that it was AMAZING!!! I fell in love with the characters especially Blain, he is swoon and blush worthy all wrapped up in hotness! There was so much drama in this story, Angela keeps her readers wanting more, never wanting to put the book down and the suspense OMG!!! I love mythology even in high school and getting the chance to read about about some of the God's is beyond epic. Angela McPherson did not disappoint wi ...more
Laura Thalassa
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal book! Hope’s Decree is a YA novel that will have you hooked from the first chapter. The premise is based on the myth of Pandora’s box. But where that myth ended, Hope’s Decree began.

I’ll save telling you about the storyline itself and instead focus on what made this book so fantastic. First, there’s the main character. Okay, Trinity is a kickass protagonist. Throughout the novel, she dealt with frightening nightmares, several frustrating men, and a few murder attempts. And she handle
Stephanie
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo, 2013
**I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review**
I was so happy to find out this was Greek mythology I have always loved it and this book made me love it even more. This was a fantastic tale of Pandora's box, I loved how the author took the story and elaborated it in a beautiful and modern way, I just couldn't get enough. I have read a few books with their take on Greek mythology, but Pandora's box was a new one for me and since I have always been interested in the
 CCAM&GZM
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the main merit of this book is that it manages to arouse the reader’s interest both for the book itself and for the Greek mythology in general. And that there is not less given that these days the Young Adult and Fantasy literature (and I refer to all subgenres and / or related genres) knows such flourishing and spreading.

The author build a good game between realities and different plans: real, dream, past, present ... a well led game that obliges the reader to actively participate. He i
Marni
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I wish to thank the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I also wish to thank Lady Amber Reviews who made it possible to review this book in conjunction with the Hope’s Decree blog tour.

I’ve always been intrigued with mythology. In the past couple of years I’ve read numerous YA books that have weaved mythology in to the storyline. Some are retellings of old myths, some just graze on it but something about the use of the mythology always seems t
Hayley Guertin
This book was a really great read. I genuinely enjoyed the storyline. Although the book was more of an issue of love and who to choose, the fiction part was quite interesting and I really did enjoy it.

My favorite part, aside from the love tension and frustrations, has to be the language from Crystal and Morpheus. I found myself laughing at their silly choice of words. I think it was a good choice to have them talk that way. The sassiness was brilliant.

As for the love tension, that was brillian
Jessica
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Hope's Decree" by Angela McPherson this is book one of (The Fated)

I absolutely hands down loved this book. This book is not in my normal reading genera, I typically stay away from YA and follow more of the hot seamy stuff, But I did however get completely sunk in and couldn't put it down! I liked greek mythology in school but haven't thought once about it sense reading "Hope's Decree". Angela McPherson puts an amazing spin on it and even if you have never studied or heard of Greek Mythology (yo
Coco.V
Dec 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (12/17/2018)!💝
Katheryn Avila

This was quite the ride for me. I flip-flopped between not liking it and loving it, hence the rating. Between characters I found a little annoying, and really cool fighting scenes, Hope’s Decree is a fun, entertaining ride into a different take on Greek mythology.

The story starts with Trinity, a fairly regular kid in high school just trying to make it through her life. She’s a pretty typical teenager, with her close group of friends and a rivalry with the “mean girls” clique. As I conti
The Gypsy Emmy
Title: "Hope's Decree"
Author: Angela McPherson
Publication Date: August 2013
Genre: Young Adult/Fanasty/Mythology

My Rating: 4 Stars

I was so very lucky to be given a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

The book gods have looked down upon me and seen the horrible strife I've been muddling through with one awful young adult/fanasty book after another. Yes, they looked down upon me and decided to spare me. The delivered unto me a shining jem called "Hope's Decree".

If you can't tell by th
Kat DM
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It would have to really draw me in to read a Greek Mythology and this book was one for me. Loved how it had a lil bit of the love triangle, suspense and also a bit of thriller, the hearing voices part. Drama in school was also included in this book..popular kids, quite kids...you know the rest.

Trinity is a badass leading lady. Throughout the novel, dealing with scary nightmares, a few testosterones to deal with and a few people wanting to kill her. She's such a strong person and isn't scared to
Bianca
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I was provided with a free copy of this book for the blog tour. Thank you!*

‘Hope’s decree’ is a fascinating Paranormal YA book. It’s a read that I loved and that I would re-read any time. This book is full of mystery, paranormal, suspense and an incredible love story.

To be honest, ‘Hope’s decree’ surprised me. Since I discovered this genre, Paranormal YA, I have read a lot of books in this genre. But not all of them made me stay up all night to read. ‘Hope’s decree’ did this too me. I was very
Neilliza Swaffar
This ebook was given to me by the Author for an honest review.

When I was given this book I wasn't sure what to expect, but after I read just a chapter I was hooked. I read and read, I could not put the book down. Lately all I been reading have been Contemporary Romance. I haven't been able to get back into the swing of reading Paranormal YA, until this book. I am now ready to read more Paranormal YA (Romance). This book just reminded me how much I love YA Paranormal.

This book mostly focuses on m
Jaime
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I RECEIVED A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

OK i want to start with the positives of this book.

Pandora's Box. In a book world where its either vampires, werewolves or dystopian, a here and now book with a Greek mythology plot is a nice difference.

Trinity is a strong character, sure she has some flaws but all in all she is a strong, capable, determined young woman. She also has some strong friends, sometimes they come across as bitchy but as someone who has been a teenage
Justine
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I love this cover and how it ties into the Mythology aspects. I enjoyed how Hope's Decree was about the Pandora's Box myth because it is one that I haven't read about before. I did find the story to be a little jumpy at times which sometimes lead me to be a bit confused for a few paragraphs. Otherwise this was a great read and I'm excited for book two.
Obviously Trinity is a "goddess" who has not one, not two, but possibly
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

Wow, this book is certainly something.

First of all this Hope's Decree is about Trinity, a direct descendent of Pandora who must undo all of the bad caused by the opening of Pandora's box. This book ticks all of the boxes; having an interesting storyline, well developed characters and a saucy romance.

I felt like some moments in this book were repetitive and while it wasn't dreadful it did leave me feeling a little bored. There were also some
Hetal

Hope's Decree is about a high schooler named Trinity. She has the ability to feel people's emotions and it drives her up the wall, quite frankly. Enter the new hot neighbor, Blain, in town. And then this happens...

Anyway, the entire book is about how special Trinity is and Blain constantly pushing towards and pulling away from Trinity. Seriously, He changes his mind so fast it could give you whiplash.
Get your shit together man and DTR.

Onto better things: Morpheus was a fun character. Hi
Devin Jaramillo
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book directly from the author. She had asked for my help in doing a bit of last minute editing, nothing too strenuous. I agreed wholeheartedly, thinking it wouldn't take long.
I was mistaken. I began reading the book looking for grammar and syntax errors, but soon found myself immersed in the story. I quickly forgot what it was I was supposed to be doing as I devoured every word of the story. Once I had reached the end, I remembered that I had actuall
Tiffany Riach
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading Hope's Decree. This book had my full attention from the beginning. I loved reading about mythology and all of the details about Pandora. The characters are all amazing, especially Trinity and Blain. Trinity is sarcastic, loves her friends and will do anything to keep them safe. Then there is Blain, he is sweet, sexy and drives Trinity completely crazy with all the mixed signals he keeps giving her.

Hopes Decree is full of action, drama, mythology and plenty of love interests. Onc
Claire Taylor
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angela McPherson
Hope's Decree
Fated #1

Despite the market being saturated with YA paranormal romance books at the moment, there is still the odd one that stands out above the rest and Hope’s Decree is definitely one of those. Intriguing from the start, I loved the way the book entwined Greek mythology with high school drama and I found it really hard to put down. It’s full of adventure, action and so many twists and turns that it will keep you turning page after page. A strong start to the series
Kim Light
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the take on the Greek theme! Something different from normal paranormal characters seen! Trinity is kind-hearted yet headstrong character with the perfect match of the HOT Blain. Love the wit of Morpheus. Characters are well thought out with individual personalities. Story line is action packed with perfect love triangle. Very impressed how well book is written for first time author!!! Can't wait for second book!!!
Rayna
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story has it all! Great story line, awesome character development, wit, love, action, and an ending that makes you want to beg Ms. Mcpherson to release the next in the series asap! Cant wait to see what will happen next with all those characters i've fallin in love with so fast!!! Way to go you've knocked it out of the park with Hope's Decree!
Christina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! I loved the mythology base of it. It reminds me of the Paranormal book series by JL Bryan. I couldn't put those down either. Well done Angela McPherson. I can't wait for book #2. I'll be spreading the good word about this book on Amazon as well !
Jennmhaol.com
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book! Love the balance between teen drama and mythology. Angela is a gifted writer!
Cheryl Tubbs
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am usually not into these types of books but I loved it!!!! It is a must read!
Sizzling Hot Books
Excellent book! Loved the mythology and, of course, the book boyfriends. See my full review here at:

Sara Oxton
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope’s Decree by Angela McPherson a four-star read that will give you hope. This is the first novel in the Fated series and what a start to the series. Even though the story has its roots in Greek mythology it is still a compelling and easy to read. Trinity is someone you can get into and understand her struggle. This was a great story and the author has a great descriptive writing style and I can’t wait for the rest of the series.
Jasmine
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

CONTAINS SPOILERS.

Rating: I give the book 4.5 of 5 stars

I really liked this book. I like Greek mythology and this was an interesting different point of view of the Pandora myth.
The whole story about Pandora is so interesting and imaginative. It made me read about the real myth, which I didn’t remember that well anymore.

The story is sweet and adventurous. Danger following Trinity everywhere she goes. But she doesn’t have to
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Nov 28, 2015 09:45AM
Goodreads Librari...: Book Linked to Wrong Author 3 22 Apr 19, 2014 12:19PM

• Happily Ever Afterlife
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • The Garden of Eden (The Eden Chronicles #1)
  • Blood Secret (Blood, #5)
  • Destined (Destined, #1)
  • Dressed in White
  • Escaping Shadows (Shadow World, #2)
  • Origins (Demonkin, #1)
  • Just Call Me Ninja
  • Crimson Flames
  • Found in You (Lost and Found Series, #1)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)
  • Evil of Love
  • Falling Hard
  • Blood Ties
  • Player
  • Rock n Roll Promises (Rock n Roll Paraphantasy, #1)
Born and currently residing in Texas, Angela works as a nurse during the day and an author by night. She's addicted to cleaning, coffee, and fuzzy socks. When not spending time with her husband and their three children, working or writing, she's reading a good book or listening to music.

Connect with Angela:
Newsletter: https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/l...

Instagram: @angela.mcpherson

Facebook:

The Fated (3 books)
  • Hope's Deceit (The Fated #2)
  • Hope's Defeat (The Fated #3)
“I wanted a normal life, but normal was as foreign to me as a super bowl ring was to Tony Romo.” 5 likes
“The warmness of his touch felt like coming home.” 5 likes