Start by marking “Just A Woman: Marina Part 2 (Naughty Nookie #2 Part 2/4)” as Want to Read:
Just A Woman: Marina Part 2 (Naughty Nookie #2 Part 2/4)

Just A Woman: Marina Part 2

(Naughty Nookie #2 Part 2/4)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Published January 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Just A Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just A Woman

Giselle Torres
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BRAVO!!!!! I think it's better than the first story! The one thing that I absolutely love about Serena's books it's that you can relate to the women. Also you absolutely find the men just irresistible! the relationship between Marina and Nate in my opinion is one to be completely envious of! I love how Nate breaks Marina down and then build her back up. Love how he exposes her, but shield and protect her at the same time. It's not just a D/S relationship. Not about the punishments and the the gr ...more
Lance Greenfield
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
It is very difficult to review this book without giving away too many spoilers, both on this book and on the previous part of the story, A Bitch In Time: Marina Part 1.

The great thing about the way that Serena Akeroyd has written this story, is that she really brings out the conflicts that are going on in Marina's mind. She is really torturing herself from beginning to end. Her dilemma is hurting her more than the physical pain that Nate is inflicting upon her body. She is living in fear, and wa
Nicole
Book provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

This installment pretty much focused on the new dynamic between Marina and Nate, with the hint of a mystey surrounding a relationship tangle and suicide that's two decades old. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this installment of Marina's story. Yes, Marina's actions have had a devastating impact on both Mona, and most especially Nate, but I don't agree with how Nate is handling the new situation between them. She knows how her decision
* Booksessed * Bec
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book provided by the author.

Another brilliantly written addition to the series. As always very descriptive with a great plot.
I have to say I was a bit shocked by this one, not just of Nate's need to control everything but also of Marina's complete change from a completely independent woman to allowing her life to be ruled. I'm looking forward to reading the next one and finding out how their relationship develops, but also hoping Marina will eventually be able to shower, among other things, wi
Gwen ~the Book Diva
May 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Yay! I just won a free copy of this!! Thank you Serena!

photo ian-yes_zps033eba63.gif
Patricia Eddy
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just A Woman is the second part of Marina's story. In the first installment, we were left with a terrible cliffhanger. Marina and Nate were held at gunpoint in Marina's hotel room after the Russian mob tracked her down. The book ended with a gunshot. I started this book expecting to be thrown right back into the action, but that's not what happened.

Instead, there was a flashback to an earlier sex scene between Marina and Nate (very hot) and then a lot of Marina's inner thoughts about Nate, hers
Katrina
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Please check out my full 4 star review right here

Just a woman for me was not just a book to read, to fill in time, or to have a review to write, it was a total learning experience.

BDSM is not my thing by any form or nature but to read of the way one reacts to this sort of discipline is amazing, but each to their own, for Marina it is like a switch has been flicked.

I am lucky enough to not only be one of Serena's friends but I was asked by her and given the
Saha
Well this is strange for me. I usually am super-enthusiastic about BDSM relationships, especially those that rely on correctional behaviour and lots of spanking. Yet as much as I tried, I had a very hard time accepting this particular one.

But let's start from the beginning.

Marina is on Nathan's side while he is recovering, and if they are to rekindle their connection, he is to set down some very simple ground rules. Do not lie. Do not swear. Make sure you eat. Normal things for everyone else, bu
Ciarra  Walker
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WELL when book 5 A Bitch In Time ended I was like OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG NO DON'T END NOT YET! So when I started this one I really loved that it picked up and didn't leave me confused. I felt bad for Marina and the way Nate was treating her it kinda made me want to growl at him for not understanding and loving her anyways!

When Nate made the spill about how he was going to start being who he "really" is and she was going to listen or else, I was like WOAH that just turned corners!

Marina seemed so
Phyllis Forster
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to lie, I ummed and aahed about this story. Even though I enjoyed the first four parts of the Naughty Nookie series, the one's about Mona, I knew from the blurbs that Marina's story would be about BDSM, which isn't my cup of tea. But, I gave in, because menage stories didn't used to be my cup of tea either, and this author convinced me of that! Now, having read the series, I'm glad I did and I can't wait for Eddie's tale, I really want to know what she's been up to as well.
The BDS
Sheri
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Second book in Marina's story. I am uncertain what to say, I am confused with a really good story and the reality of this all happening within the timeframe that is given. First Nate was in the hospital for a long time and didn't speak to Marina once!? I can actually see why he wouldn't want to but it's very unlikely. Then when she gets him home he immediately says this is how it's going to be, take it or leave it. And within one day she has completely submitted herself to him, with reservations ...more
Christine
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
ARC copy received from author for an honest review.

This is a part of Marina's story in the Naughty Nookie series. Her life is a mess, she's left New York because the Russian mafia want to take over her brothel and clients. They have followed her to Chicago, shot her lover Nate and taken the information they wanted.

Now Nate is recovering he has decided to take Marina in hand and give her the discipline she's never had. Unbeknown to Marina, Nate was a Dom who suppressed his desires to be with her,
Lynn Smith
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review
This is the second book in Marina's story. We left off with Nate getting shot in the last book. While in the hospital he wouldn't talk to Marina. I understand his anger with her to an extent. He really ticked me off with the not talking. Marina feels guilty but she is a stronger women then I , I would have done walked out. Guilt or not. On his release from the hospital Marina has to get them back to the ranch.As we find out his not talking
Sonia Phillips
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another jump down the rabbit hole with this one!
Never saw the BDSM aspect coming. This book takes place over a few days, in those days, Nate just expects Marina to become a sub. That might sound rushed, but somehow, it kind of fit. She had a choice to make, if she wanted to stay with him, then that was the decision she had to make.
Liked the dynamic, couldn't wait to read the next part.
Also liked how Marina's story is interlinked with Mona's. Wondering what Eddie's story will be like now.
Dirty Dayna
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r-arr
beta read provided by author. this book had my rating literally all over the place .. a bitch in time seriously fuck yeah that book this one was just so many things at once the sub stuff near the end interesting but holy all at once
I have to stop this review.. because this book makes me wanna go to pound town =]
Image and video hosting by HilariousGIFs.com
Nicole
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
You get the big picture. Nate is terrific and you finally see what is missing in part one and why. . .his is a DOM! And damn he is hard-core. YUM! Marina really struggles with excepting her submissive side and you do a wonderful job of expressing all those feeling a women who is first learning to love her submissive nature. I am still not sure if I like Marina as this point as she still wants to pretend and hide thru life.
Denise
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**
I didn't think Marena's life could hold more excitement, but I was wrong. This story has been written well. Great characters. I love reading about how Marena grows as a woman, lover, friend and ex-business owner. Such a huge revelation has been made that takes her by surprise. I love The Naughty Nookie series. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Elaine
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh WOW...Just a Woman by Serena Akeroyd does not disappoint, as Marina & Nate find their way into the world of BDSM. This series just keeps getting better & better as I read~I love this author!! The story is as addictive as Nate is to Marina-if you don't believe me, try reading a bit for yourself, it's impossible to put down!!
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
Wow another awesome book just a heads up I found these books to be highly addictive an find myself reading them over and over. I just love reading marinas and nates story. Can't wait to find out what happens next :)
Iza
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Either read full review here : http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr/20...

Or in Naughty nookie #8 (The end of the beginning)
Moon Reviews
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly Hot and creative this book is pure pleasure!! Marina and Nate getting hotter and the story getting more and more interesting!!!! Creative and original this serie will blow your mind!!!!!!
Maureen Mckenzie
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoying Nate and Mirena's interesting relationship. Definitely hard to put down. Eagerly anticipating starting the next book.
Michelle Grybowski
Oct 20, 2018
Martii Ruiz
Oct 13, 2014
Serena Akeroyd
Jan 24, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jen
Saidj
May 15, 2014
Leah Labbe
May 21, 2014
Serena Akeroyd is a romanceaholic. She won’t touch a book unless she knows there’s a happy ever after at the end of it. Pathetic as it may be, because of this addiction, Serena decided to craft her own tales, stories that suit her voracious need for raunchy romance. After all, a love story ain’t a lurve story without a bit of raunch!
A citizen of the world, Serena is a nomad at heart, and her novel

Naughty Nookie (3 books)
  • Mona
  • Marina
  • Edwina (Naughty Nookie #3)