Start by marking “Potluck: A Literary Collection of the Critique Group” as Want to Read:
Potluck: A Literary Collection of the Critique Group

Potluck: A Literary Collection of the Critique Group

From the intimate to pure fantasy, from first person experiences to travelogues, Potluck is a collection of stories and reflections by a group of Mumbai-based writers from diverse backgrounds. Working mothers, single women, senior executives, a Catholic priest, a Hindu monk, and a writer from Slovenia, are all a part of the Critique Group. You might relive a fond or long-l ...more
Paperback, First, 250 pages
Published January 2013 by BecomeShakespeare.com

To ask other readers questions about Potluck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Potluck

Shaivi
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
When becomeshakespeare.com sent me this book for review, I didn't hold any great expectation from the book. For, of late, I have come across so many short story compilations that left my memory as soon as I finished reading them.

But, this book surely proved me wrong…

After a long long time, I enjoyed reading a short story collection this much. Without giving any more details, I suggest you grab the book, for each story is bound to leave its mark on your perspective towards life, as we know it.

So
Sundarraj Kaushik
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Like a potluck dinner where many people bring in different food with different flavours, this book has different stories from different authors. Some of them are great, some mediocre and some one gets the feeling why was this published. Overall worth reading. Warning, some stories are really heart-rendering.
Himali Kothari
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Blogger Shaivi:

VaultOfBooks
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Anthology. Grade: B

Short stories that have enticed me are very few in number. On multiple occasions, reading short stories have made me realize that not all authors can write a good short story, even if he/she has accomplished a lot in other fields of literature. This is mainly because short stories provide less avenues of convincing the readers purely because they need to be short. This means that the author needs to decide the right amount of content that doesn’t make the story long but at the
Tushar Rastogi
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review on Potluck :
---------------------------------

Potluck - Just finished reading this book.

Tushar Rastogi
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Potluck - Just finished reading this book.

A bouquet of thoughts framed into stories featuring amazing collection of soulful exaggerations, sensible, intriguing, engaging, full swing drama, emotions, love, pain, relationships, memoirs, peace, devotion, adoration and so much more...that seems just plain truth inspite of being imagination. A book full of variety from all aspects of life which makes it a good read with a enjoyable but kindda serious starting... of course the book is DAMN GOOD !!!..
Girish
This rainbow collection of short stories/reflections is something the authors can be proud of. Potluck is the outcome of the critique group - people from different backgrounds who came together for a course in Creative writing and started to work on their shared passion.

26 unconventional short stories/reflections of varying lengths ranging from one side to 30 pages give the reader a casatta of words. There is no common thread between the stories and the moods of the story are more a reflection
Madhusmita
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The book is a bouquet of 26 very different stories from 13 authors from different walks of life.Just like a potluck meal, where one gets to taste a variety of flavours, in this book too one gets to enjoy stories from various viewpoints on life reflecting the author’s experiences. Some of them are great, some average while a few ones I am not quite sure what to make out of them.
Read full review here http://dreamzandclouds.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/potluck-a-literary-collection-of-the-critique-grou
Sundeep Supertramp
3.5

The original review of this book is posted on my blog...

To read the original review of this book, click here...
Hemantkumar Jain
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it
A nice collection of short stories with such varied emotions and styles that its like having an Indian Thali for lunch with bite sized portions of a wide variety of interesting tasty items ...

An interesting read !!
Gublichandji Buginath
Mar 22, 2014
Shwetank
Jun 11, 2014
Delhi Book Club: Book Review for BecomeShakespare.com 10 12 May 04, 2014 11:52PM
Delhi Book Club: Book Review for BecomeShakespare.com 1 3 Mar 18, 2014 05:20AM
Various is the correct author for any book with multiple unknown authors, and is acceptable for books with multiple known authors, especially if not all are known or the list is very long (over 50).

If an editor is known, however, Various is not necessary. List the name of the editor as the primary author (with role "editor"). Contributing authors' names follow it.

Note: WorldCat is an excellent res