Start by marking “Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)” as Want to Read:
Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)

Full Measures

(Flight & Glory #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  15,707 ratings  ·  1,380 reviews
A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...

Three knocks can change everything…

"She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead."

Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumblin
Published February 10th 2014 by Entangled: Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Full Measures, please sign up.

·  15,707 ratings  ·  1,380 reviews

Christy
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

photo C6D04905-6656-486B-80EF-AE003C5AD3CF_zpsdcp11pu9.jpg

Rebecca Yarros is one of those authors I’ve been meaning to read for the longest time, but never had. I’m so glad I picked up the audio book of Full Measures and finally gave her a try. I enjoyed this book lots and will definitely be reading more books in this series!
Three knocks can change everything…

December Howard’s life completely changed with just 3 knocks on her door. Ember has spent her life as an army brat, but now her world is torn apart. Her dad left to serve his country,
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

I spent the last 20ish% in sobbing bits. I felt every part of this beautiful, heart moving story.

Just wow.
I never expected so much from this book.
Full Measures is one big melting pot of angst, heart and bliss. It made me cry and smile and swoon. It was so much more than I ever expected and reminded my of why I love NA stories. Let me share the lovely feelings...

It's about devastating loss.... Surviving. Living for yourself and letting the people you love follow their plans, their dreams. Fin
Debra

★★★★ 4 stars!

Full Measures was a sweet, fun, emotional NA story that I really enjoyed reading. It took be by surprise since I wasn't expecting it to bring out so many emotions while reading it and the "army" subject definitely made it stand out from many other typical new adult romance novels.

Three knocks can change everything...

Especially for December "Ember" Howard. When the soldiers at her home come knocking on their door she knows they're not their to deliver good news. Her father is never
Patrycja

Release Date: February, 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No.
HEA: (view spoiler)

What an amazing story! It was so beautiful. I simply loved and admired every page, every sentence and every word. And I am still swooning over it. I have fallen in love with this epic love story that was not only idyllically romantic but so sexy and breathlessly intense. Rebecca Yarros totally nailed it!

“The fire you have within y
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cry-baby-books
This was a really well done debut novel. The writing was strong and although some of the plot was predictable, I enjoyed the story.

description

This story brings heartbreak from the first chapter. Our main character, December, struggles to hold her family together in the aftermath. December's strength to carry her family emotionally while losing so much herself was very inspiring.

December's high school crush enters the picture and he was a butterfly inducing hottie.

”I’ve already got my trophy!” he called
Catarina
4,5 Angsty and Beautiful Stars.

Ember is going through the worst time of her life and in top of that, she has also to step up as the leader of the family. She is broken, feeling alone and sees nothing but darkness in her life.
But suddenly, her old high-school crush is back and seems to be everywhere. Josh is her younger brother coach, he’s her neighbor and classmate. He’s everywhere and not by chance. He wants her. She wants him.
She is too broken to be in love in someone. He understands that a
Patrycja

Cliffhanger:. No.
HEA: (view spoiler)

“The fire you have within y
Dilek VT
I didn't enjoy this book because I couldn't stand the heroine. She was borderline annoying for me.

Also, the plot twists were same old, same old; everything was way too predictable.

My reasons for hating the heroine:
(view spoiler)
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
FABULOUS!!!! I loved this...the angst, the passion, the love story! Total unexpected love fest going on right now with me and this author!!!!

December Howard has lived a life as a military brat. She has a fabulous family, a perfect boyfriend, and a seemingly stepford planned future.

Everything changes with three knocks on her door. When news of her father's death in Afghanistan hits the Howard family, devastation and loss ensue. Someone must standup, be strong, and carry on this family...only Embe
Claire Robinson
4.5 Spectacular Debut Stars!

I am learning pretty quickly that when it comes to Entangled book, I am never going to be disappointed. Full Measures is no exception, I was expecting a pretty emotional read about a young woman coming to terms with the loss of her father, and what I got was a well written, funny, sad, sexy and fully engrossing story.

December (Ember) is a really likeable character; she has been left in a difficult situation and ends up being the anchor for the rest of her family while
Jacqueline's Reads
I do a re-read with my favorite books and this is my first book narrated by Carly Robins. I’m spoiled with duel POV’s narrations. I would love to have listened to Josh’s POV, but Carly did a good job. You can sense her emotions completely. There are some dramatic points during the read and oh boy you felt for her. You can feel Ember through Carly and it just made the audio listening experience better.

5 Endearing Stars

Reading Full Measures was like finding a lost gem in a sea of stones. It was l
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Gus Stole the Show--Stars!!!

Three knocks changed everything for December (Ember) Howard. In the blink of an eye she went from a twenty year old college student, dating her high school sweetheart to picking up the pieces of her fallen family, stepping in to be the strength that they all needed.

Josh sort of appears out of nowhere and saves Ember...he was kind of the glue that kept everyone together. Josh and Ember went to high school together. Josh was the popular man whore that all of the gir
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

The muscle in his jaw flexed. “I haven’t lost the one thing I love, Ember. You’re still standing in front of me, and I’m fighting like hell.”

The problem with me is that I have found so many books that I love and adore that I’m always chasing the next high. When you’ve had the best, you want to continue to FIND the best….and this story, while both cute and smoldering hot, a contradiction I would love to embrace every day of the week, was frankly not the best. It was a cute, fun, sexy in-betwe
Beverly
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series! Josh and Ember's story was just as beautiful as the rest. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this story!!

Rebecca Yarros
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read FULL MEASURES! It's amazing to see my debut novel getting such a warm response! I'm just... giddy!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Rebecca Yarros
Christie«SHBBblogger»
"The fire you have within you is impossible to kill. The first breath you take when you're free of all this, it will come roaring back. That's what is so impossibly beautiful about you."

This book yanked everything right out of me. Happy, sad, anxious, frustrated, touched...I was there. This book was absolutely wonderful. It's not just simply yet another NA book about two broken people making each other whole. I've read a lot of those and have nothing against them, but I really need a little more
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 Hooah Stars

Ember

photo dc014c4c-8842-4868-ab5a-e324aea3c68b_zps377a8813.jpg

Josh

photo f70474e7-d225-475b-a958-a704bebc4192_zps67d5dc3d.gif

There were things I enjoyed about this one and things I did not. As a military spouse and just an empathetic person in general my heart broke for Ember and her family. No one wants to be the family on that side of the door when the officers come to notify you that your loved on is deceased. I love the direction that part of the story took with regard to the background of her dad, etc. and the letter from Ember's dad absolutely broke my heart. Also I totally cried when
Carmen Rae
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well I gotta say I absolutely did not expect that when I picked up this book. I thought it would be your typical new adult story with a little bit of emotion thrown in. But the depth of gut wrenching emotion was perfectly blended with smoking hot sexual tension and the most amazing alpha and kick arse heroine. It was pure perfection.

I sat in my car while sneaking in a few chapters with tears streaming down my face and my heart breaking. And I loved every second of it. Infact I have hardly been
Glire
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
description

La primera mitad estuvo bien. La parte de Ember haciéndose cargo de su familia luego de que su padre, quien era militar, muera en servicio, me conmovió un poco. Y sus primeros encuentros con Josh me parecieron tiernos. Pero luego todo se viene abajo.

description

La segunda mitad es una telenovela.

Los protagonistas comienzan a enamorarse.
description

Ember tiene algunas escenas de celos porque por supuesto a Josh Walker le llueven las mujeres.
description
(No son taaan dramaticas, pero amo este gif :P)

Luego Ember descubre que Josh ti
Anna
What a beautiful story ! Love when a debut novel hits all my love buttons ❤❤

I was a hot mess at random intervals in this book but it was such beautiful pain ! I love happy tears !!!

I could not stop swooning over Josh ! He was amazing !!!!!
Vaneesha
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Here, we have an instance of: Did iBooks screw up? Am I reading a TOTALLY different book from everyone else? What the heck is happening?

My reasoning behind not liking this book is the worst: Full Measures was too romance-y for me. I know that makes me sound like a complete twit. But hear me out.

For me, this read was dramatic and corny and unrealistic in all the most frustrating ways.

I couldn't get with the narration, (Dec)Ember (sidenote: what is with these godforsaken NAMING SCHEMES) was sayi
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
This was just awesome. The author really depicted grief in a realistic yet touching way that hit close to home.

Ember was a great character and of course Josh was to die for. Very well written, with a lot of depth, I loved every minute of it.

If you are looking for a sweet (sometimes heart wrenchingly sad) story with great characters, this one's for you.
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

4stars!

I'm going to write a short review for this book- firstly this was well written for a debut novel for round of applause there.

I can never begin to understand what it's like for Army or Military wives but some of my awesome friends have husbands who are in these situations and I am honored to say I know woman with such strength to endure all of this... I don't know if I would be able to.

Back to the story...
A family who has to say goodbye to their dad for years as he is a Dr in Afghanistan.
-C-
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It was so well written and it had a bit of everything to keep me interested!

December ‘Ember’ Howard is an army brat, when soldiers appear on her family’s doorstep with the news her father won’t be coming home. That knock on her door ends her life as she knows it, devastating her family and forcing her to change everything, to try and hold them all together.

I shook my head and turned to the door. The knob was warm in my hand. They taught us in elementary school never to open a warm door during a
Tessa Teevan
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gripping, emotional, sweet, and I loved every second of it!!! One of the best NA's I've read.
Harriet ~ bookworm
4.5 stars!

It's been such a long time since I've wrote a review and this feels so weird but so good too! I have been really picky with books lately ask any of my close goodreads friends, one in particular I think is about to forever stop reccing me books she loves as it rips her heart out when I start and then stop so I apologise, it's not that the books are bad or I don't like them I just find my mood changes depending on how my day goes at work.

So after nearly a year of not reviewing (hides fac
Kara
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks Champion for the rec! I loved this one. A little hockey, a little angsty, a little sweet, a little sexy. And a holy hot mc-Josh! Yes please.
I will for sure read another book by this author!!
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
I want to preface this by saying, all those other books in my 'sob-fest' shelf—they don't hold a candle to this. A book that usually pulls a tear from my cold, stone heart finds its way into that shelf. But this had me full-blown ugly crying too many times to count. I think I might of even cried through the entire book, if I wasn't crying from second hand grief, I was crying because I was happy.

SO MUCH UGLY CRYING

This follows the daughter (and the family) of a military doctor who is killed dur
AJ

Rebecca Yarros’ debut gives us a heartbreaking but ultimately uplifting story about a young woman dealing with loss and love, and learning to grab hold of the important things in life. And, of course, it's tied in with a sweet, sexy and swoony love story with a bit of angst and an instantly loveable hero
Bee

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

Although this book started strong and had an emotional moment towards to end, most of the time I was just bored. Most books in this genre are basically the same, but it's the way it's executed that matters. And I'm really sorry that I have to say this, but this one was just not that good for me personally.

Ember's world comes crashing down on her when she learns her father has died in Afghanistan. Her mother becomes a zombie and she's the
YA Buddy Readers'...: Full Measures (Flight & Glory #1) by Rebecca Yarros - Starting February 26th 2016 13 15 Feb 29, 2016 11:36AM
Good book to share 7 132 May 05, 2015 04:23PM
Entangled in Romance: February Releases! 1 23 Feb 14, 2014 08:56PM
  • Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Coming Home
  • Third Degree
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • Love Show
  • Finding Dandelion (Dearest, #2)
  • Touching Scars
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Silver Heart
  • In Bloom (The Brightside, #1)
  • Only for You (For You, #1)
  • Keep Me Still (Keep Me Still, #1)
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Before You Break (Between Breaths, #2)
  • Pieces of Me (Cedar Mountain University, #1)
  • More Than Him (More Than, #3)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo. She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. Her new Renegade Series features Wilder and the upcoming Nova, and is sure to keep your heart pounding. She loves military heroes, and has been bli ...more

Flight & Glory (5 books)
  • Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • Hallowed Ground (Flight & Glory, #4)
  • The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
“The fire you have within you is impossible to kill. The first breath you take when you’re free of all this, it will come roaring back. That’s what is so impossibly beautiful about you.” 67 likes
“Just let me love you, December, because I can’t stop anyways. I’ve been at your mercy since I was eighteen.” 43 likes