Start by marking “Being Sawyer Knight (Souls of the Knight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Being Sawyer Knight (Souls of the Knight, #1)

Being Sawyer Knight

(Souls of the Knight #1)

As lead singer and guitarist of the internationally renowned Souls of the Knight, Sawyer Knight is living a life most men can only dream of. He’s surrounded by music, fame, wealth, women throwing themselves at his feet. He has everything…

Yet he has nothing.

Life as one of the world’s most sought after rock stars is tiring, oppressive and lonely. He spends every day being w
Published May 27th 2014 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Being Sawyer Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being Sawyer Knight

Start your review of Being Sawyer Knight (Souls of the Knight, #1)
Macky
May 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Big sad not so smiley face! Unfortunately this never really worked for me personally because I couldn't find that connection with any of the characters that I need to fully enjoy my books, I didn't really like any of them to be honest and also, like another reviewer has said, there was this strange shift in and out of tenses that although it wasn't enough to put me off reading it completely, it did have me scratching my head as to why it was written like that. BUT.....there's love for this from ...more
Meags
4 Stars

Sawyer Knight and Jake Reed were best friends growing up in the UK, until Jake’s family moved to Australia when the boys were 17. Before Jake leaves he confesses his undying love for Sawyer and smacks him with a passionate kiss. Sawyer, although surprised, responds with equal fervor, before immediately succumbing to shock and denial. He runs from Jake, telling him he never wants to see or hear from him again.

Over-dramatic response? Yes.

Understandable reaction? Perhaps.

Poor Sawyer was t
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle freebie 9/28/15
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
***3.75 stars***

In this corner, you have Sawyer Knight.

No way is he a gay Rockstar. So what if 10 years ago he liked it when his best friend kissed him before he moved away. So what if he experimented in college and liked it. So what that in the 10 years since his best friend left, he hasn't been able to stop thinking about him. He's fucked hundreds of woman! No way was he gay. And even if he might be, he can't tell anyone. What would the world think?

On the opposite side, Jake Reed.

Alpha. Openl
Wendy
stars-3.png (5685×1019)

I started this series a few years ago with book 3, which I loved. It's something I do often.....reading the most interesting book in a series (usually it's the last one) and forgetting about the rest :P

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor big bang theory gif

Anyways...the other two books were still on my TBR list and I figured now was the time to finally read them !!

Gerelateerde afbeelding

I am glad that I did, because both were very enjoyable, though I must say, that book 3 still remains my favorite....and how can it not...it's about Matt the Twat :P

This one is about Sawyer
Lyndy Ann ♫
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, rock-stars-music
Loved Being Sawyer Knight. A great m/m romance with a perfect mix of steam, emotion and suspense. The relationship between Sawyer and Jake is HOT, Jake is bossy but sweet and poor Sawyer is struggling with his sexuality but together they can deal with whatever life throws at them.

The story is told from both POV's which I enjoyed. I like the rest of the gang I even liked Matt by the end of the story.

Would recommend to anyone who likes a good m/m read.
⊱ Poppy ⊰
DNF @75%

I really don't know what i was thinking when i picked this book?? Well who am i kidding I know what i was thinking, i was thinking that it will be as good as Nicola Haken's Broken, because believe me that book was a Gem. But i was so very wrong.

This book was nothing like Broken, it was I don't know what the hell it was. I was bored just by reading 25% of this book. And i don't even care what the hell happened to Sawyer or another MC whose name i don't even remember. That's how much this
DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

This one didn't work so well for me. Sawyer Knight was a bit of a diva and too close to being chick-with-a-dick. I wanted to like Jake but, frankly, he came off as a little stalkerish and too pushy. I maybe could've bought his approach (i.e., an immediate full-court press that bordered on sex harassment) if the previous incident didn't happen when they were teens and their time apart had been 1 year instead of 10. There is a shit load of growing up that takes place between 18 and 28 (ho
Susan
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm

I normally dislike books about rock stars/people in a band/musicians/famous people. I just don’t understand why people would want to live that way. Their lives are dictated by a PR person and they have to keep up appearances at all times.

description

But I liked this. And even though keeping up appearances played a big role in this book, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. These guys were not bullied by their record company and mostly decided for themselves what to do with their lives.

Yes, PR was import
Lisa J.
This book started off promising enough when 17-year Jake confesses his love and kisses his best friend, Sawyer. Sawyer, in great denial, turns his back on Jake. They don't speak again for 10 years.

Fast forward to the present, and Jake is hired as Sawyer's head of security. Jake is pushy and immediately insists that Sawyer will be his. Sawyer is indecisive and a bit mean (view spoiler)
Jewel
Thank you Secret Elfster!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Bev
3.5 stars.

Although I got why Sawyer was in total denial, I wish he had gotten over himself sooner. I'm reading the next book because I so need to get to Matt's the manho's book.
Kade Boehme
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
fun. Loved how the band worked out (we know I HATE when they become even more famous and blah blah). Watch out for that on page M/F scene in the first 25-ish% if that kinda thing bothers you.
Snowtulip
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: muscian
I absolutely love rocker stories, so I was so happy to see a new book!

Happy didn't last long :(

For me, I had no connection with Jake and Sawyer. We never got to know them...they alluded to "knowing each other better than anyone", but we never saw any of that. We only saw tension and then dramatic switch to true love. I needed more substance in understanding them and their relationship (which was in the past and we don't really get very much information about). I did see snapshots of what I wante
~Volha~
I really love this book. I am not even sure why. It's not the best of the best but reading it is so easy and enjoyable, so funny too. Just the things Matt says are worth reading, he is hilarious albeit a punk!

Sawyer and Jake are soooo sexy together, the way Jake sometimes went caveman was oh so delicious! But when Sawyer finally accepted himself and his desires there was no stopping him! It was lovely to watch him come out of his shell. I would call him a little selfish but then coming out as a
Vanessa
4 Sawyer Stars!

Being Sawyer Knight is a fun yet addictive read about two life-long friends finding love in each other. Without giving very much away, I will just say that both of these men have always known who they are. It's just that one of them was ready to admit it, and the other...wasn't.

Sawyer is a huge rock star, front and center in the public eye. He also comes from a very overly religious and judgmental, close-minded background where he has always had to ignore a lot of truths about
Em The
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW and WOW again! I'd advise on stocking up on tissues and spare panties before opening this book!

This is a refreshing addition to the MM romance genre and features one hot rockstar, Sawyer Knight, lead singer of Souls of the Knight and the man everyone seems to want to be a part of. He should be happy with his lot in life and on the face of things he has everything. But appearances can be deceptive.

Enter Jake, the new head of security of the band and also a huge blast from the past for Sawyer.
Julia
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
There was just something missing in this one for me. I did enjoy it and I liked both Sawyer and Jake. They had great chemistry. I got a bit annoyed with all of the "tits" and "pussy" mentions. And although I do like and read het books, I don't like it in my m/m books. So the on page sex with (view spoiler) wasn't my favorite. I never got a good feel for Sawyer's bandmates. They were just extra people for the book and I never understood their dynamic. Maybe it wou ...more
dbbks3
Jul 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book. The plot line sounded good. I love bodyguard stories. I just felt the story needed editing. When the errors interfere with the flow of my reading than I have to mentioned them. i.e. slipping into my shirt on from the back ????

Warning: there is an M/F sex scene.

I liked Jake and Sawyer. I didn't hate this story. I just wanted to feel more.
Nic
On the plus side, this story has a number of things going for it
1. There are two gorgeous men
2. It combines a rock star and his bodyguard
3. Fear drives them apart but best friends are reunited – I love second chances!
4. Sexiness and the joys of learning about gay sex – oh yes!
5. Lots of love, patience and moments of tenderness
6. A bit of drama

Sawyer and Jake are best friends in high school but Jake’s family are relocated to Australia. Afraid he will never have a chance to see Sawyer again, Jake
AussieMum
May 22, 2018 marked it as nope-not-for-me-not-interested
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, dnf
DNF 11%

10 years since they've seen each other and Jake's first conversation with Sawyer is borderline stalkery. Not my thing.
Lelyana
*** Big Fat 4,5 stars ***

Sawyer and Jake were best friends since they're kids. Jake had always been his shadow ever since. Jake always knew that he's gay, Sawyer not or at least he denied it. That's why he was so mad and broke their friendship after one kiss before Jake went overseas.

10 years later...they met again. In almost the same situation. Jake as a shadow of his rock star.
It's just now Sawyer is a real rock star with a life of rock star, if you know what I mean. And Jake is now his new h
Susan65
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

What a pleasant surprise this rocker story turned out to be. It was not all sunshine and butterflies, and it was sex, drugs, and rock n roll, but that is what a rocker story should be so I was thrilled. Didn’t mean I loved the actions of these knuckleheads because they really needed to kick in the ass at times. But, I had no problems accepting that this could really happen.

We meet best friends, Sawyer and Jake, on the last day before Jake moves from England to Australia when they are on
Pati
Sep 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sadly the only good thing that I can think of to say is that I finished it. Though even that statement must be qualified with the fact that I skimmed a lot.

Over and beyond the fact that this book is filled with more very vulgar comments about pussy and tits .... Which I most certainly don't want to read about in m/m books.... It is also filled with errors, totally unrealistic, unbelievable, mostly unlikable characters and I knew immediately who the "bad guy" was going to be. I only pushed throu
Shannon
May 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shannon by: Hadley
I think it would have been a 4 star read had the whole book not been based on the fact that they were besties growing up because there just wasn't enough background information on their relationship. There was only the scene at the beginning and it wasn't enough to show their bond. Otherwise it was a good rocker who's really lonely-type story. Great smexing, no crushing angst with a fairly easy transition into being a gay rockstar.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
~Kristin~
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Leigh
Being Sawyer Knight was ok for me. While I enjoyed parts of the book, for the most part I was bored. I never really felt any connection and honestly some of the dialogue was pretty cheesy.
Naomi
Jun 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
I have a headache now.

• Double Full (Nice Guys, #1)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Never Say Never (Lost in New York, #3)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Without You
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Better Than Good (Better Than, #1)
  • Kage Unleashed (Kage Trilogy, #2)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • The Promise (Lost in New York, #2)
  • Kage (Kage Trilogy, #1)
  • The Darkest Flame (Roadmap to Your Heart #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Noah
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
Romance Author.

I live in not-so-sunny Rochdale, England (true northern girl!) with my five kids - one of whom many refer to as my husband. I write about life, and love, and all the beauty and angst that come with them.

All in all I'm just an ordinary gal with an addiction to reading, tattoos, and Pepsi Max. I don't like even numbers or metal spoons, and I'm allergic to exercise.

Please note: I do

Souls of the Knight (3 books)
  • Taming Ryder (Souls of the Knight, #2)
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)