Start by marking “Ready For You” as Want to Read:
Ready For You

Ready For You

Author Penny Lane decides to team up with fellow author Kain Brooks because she believes the collaboration will bring something refreshing and new to her humdrum life. It is at first, but what she doesn't count on is developing feelings for a man that's hundreds of miles away while continuing to struggle with the death of her fiancé, Zack.

The newly divorced Kain is excite
Published 2014

To ask other readers questions about Ready For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready For You

Jessica
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ready for You:

Their words bring them together.

Ready for you is a breath of fresh air it’s new and really something different that you don’t come a crossed now days. From the moment I read the summery I was hooked, it had everything I look for in a book romance, comedy, mystery and a real voice for character details. The overall idea of two well know authors coming together to write a book is amazing but then them falling in love over Skype, text messaging and emails is a modern day love story fo
Melanie
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Ready For You by D. Love. I recommended this book! I really enjoyed the interaction of the characters. The feelings that Penny and Kain had really touched me! Penny is having a hard time getting over the death of her husband. Kain just got divorced and has an evil ex wife. Both of them are authors, and they collaborate to write a book. Even though they live across the country from each other, they have a connection. I'll let you figure out how they connect when you read this great book...
Cassie
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***ARC REVIEW***

Thier words will bring them together.

Penny Lane is a Best Selling author, with numerous books. She has her writing, but she is alone. Penny has closed herself off from the dating world after a tragic accident took her beloved, Zack, away from her. She has put her all into her work.

Kain Brooks is living a life of hell because of his hateful ex-wife. Kain is a well known author, who's vampire books have turned into a popular show and beloved fans.

Penny has a great idea,
Heidi Sturgess
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books-read
I received a copy of this book from Author Groupies in exchange for an honest review

I've got a bit of a thing for book covers and this one just sold itself! Loved the qoute " Always believe in your words."

Both Penny and Kain know if pain and heartache in their lives and that's why they connect so well ! Penny tells of their friendship they've formed on line and she says something that really hits the nail on the head " ... sometimes the greatest of friends can meet online "
I can feel a 5 star re
Valerie Mcqueen
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ready For Love by D. Love and Madison Daniel

Rating 5*****

This book was provided from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Since the death of her boyfriend several years ago, Penny has lived her life through her books. As an author she can create fictional world and even love. The world she writes in is safe and she has all the control, no way to get close to someone ever again. When she decides to co-author a novel with one of her author friends it may just shatter the safety net w
Tina
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
I really enjoyed this book. Unique and truly addicting. The collaboration bewtween authors D.Love and Madison Daniel was completely seamless. You couldn't tell where one author left off and the other began. I didn't want to put it down. The characters are charming and witty and made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions. I love when a book can tell a deep story, has plenty of suspense and just the right amount of humor. Ready For You has it all and then some.

Penny is an author who has gone thr
Stephenee
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love author Madison Daniel's books and I love author D. Love's books so when I discovered that they co-wrote a book I knew that I must read it and that it would be without a doubt an amazing read! I was not disappointed at all by this story! I loved it right from the very start! The idea behind the story and the characters were amazing and as a fan of both authors I could see where their individual styles stood out. There was no doubt that Madison was behind the concerts (Imagine Dragons) and ...more
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
This book truly surprised me in a very positive way. It is a very refreshing story.

Author Penny Lane is still grieving the death of her boyfriend, five years have gone by but she's still living in the past and yearning the man she loved and lost. She started a friendship with a male author and she thinks a collaboration on a new book is just what she needs to get her out of her funk.

Kain Brooks is just coming out of a very bad divorce and his friendship and collaboration with Penny starts to giv
Nanette Bradford
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow. I must say that the intensity of this book blew me away. I still have chills running down my arm from all the excitement.

This was not just a story of two people in pain finding each other but it was also a thriller with a stalker dead set on keeping them a part.

I love how Penny and Kain were with each other. their distance actually brought them closer. With Penny in Virginia and Kain in Las Vegas they made working on their new book seem so simple.

Every chapter was a new page to t
The Book Fairy Reviews
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this book I thought it was just a romance novel, boy was I wrong. What did I get? I got suspense, the kind that had me biting my fingers. I got Heart ache, yes that means I cried. I got a Horror flick playing in my head. Lightning and ALL!!! Ans as expected I got my HEA. That's a lot wrapped up ion one incredibly well written book, right? It is and they did it so very well. No bumps or pauses where I was wondering where they were going. No it was smooth and super exciting ...more
Sarah Hardy
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an arc for an honest review.

I loved the uniqueness of this book. It was different and refreshing and kept you hanging on wanting to desperately read more.

Two broken souls lost in their own stories, brought together by fate.

Kain had just gone through the divorce of all divorces. His ex had destroyed all he had and accomplished, and his life was spiralling out of control. He was struggling with his work, his story lines were failing and now he was broke and broken.

Penny had gone th
Carrie
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable concept with pretty good execution! I really like both Penny & Kain, & also the dynamic of their best friends throughout the story! :)

Altho Penny & Kain are "apart" for 90% of the story, it doesn't feel like it. They are communicating through the whole story, and it doesn't make the physical distance seem like a big deal, story-wise. Which is saying something, since that is a plot device that usually annoys me. : ) Kain has a horribly evil ex-wife and Penny
The Color of Ink
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Author Penny Lane decides to collaborate and co-author a book with Kain Brooks. This new spin may be just what she needs or maybe what they both need. When feelings heighten a long overdue morning for the death of her fiance things come to a head.

Kain wasn't sure the partnership was such a good idea at first, but quickly changes his mind and realizes just how easy it is to dive into the project with Penny. He soon realizes this is much more than writing a book with Penny.

The characters were down
Tina Stadig-Lewis
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Penny Lane is an accomplished author, she has the career she loves but her life has been one of solitude. For the last year her and Kain Brooks have been messaging and face-booking each other. Now she has the ultimate idea. She wants her and Kain to collaborate on a book together.

Kain Brooks should have it all. He is an award winning author, his book has been made into a TV series but his blood sucking ex wife has taking everything from him including his dog and his last credit card. The only hi
Chelsea
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Katherine
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ready for You by D. Love & Madison Daniel is a contemporary romance with a mystery/thriller component. The story is about two authors who fall in love as they collaborate on a book. But there is a crazy stalker who isn't too happy about their collaboration.
The story is well-written and it is obvious that Ms. Love & Mr. Daniel worked well together. The plot is interesting and had romance as well as some action. The stalker storyline also added some mystery to the plot.
The characters were
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance and Mystery Lovers
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Madison Daniel and Derinda Love Authors
Let it go......

Wow, I am totally speechless. This book really caught me off guard. Enjoyed the romance and the amazing twist to the plot. This duo did a magnificent job of capturing my attention and keeping me is suspense and making me want to know what would happen next. This spectacular story captivated my heart and took a piece of my soul with it. I highly recommend this phenomenal story to all romance and mystery lovers. The magic that this story has in it will keep you entertained and glued
Jess
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Penny steps out of her comfort zone as an author and asks Kain to write a book with her. Although it's been several years, she still mourns Zach, the love of her life. Kain is broke and on the edge of a breakdown due to his divorce. His ex-wife has taken everything and is wanting more from him. Writing a book with sexy and successful Penny will be just what he needs to recover. Writing together saves more than his finances and her broken heart. It also nearly kills them both. Someone does NOT li ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a really enjoyable story. I've not read anything by either of these authors so this was a great surprise. I find it amazing that two authors can get together and write such a brilliant story.

In this story Penny and Kain, two authors, get together online to write a story. This storyline is brilliant and so unique. As an avid reader I was delighted to read about what goes on in an authors head.

Much to my delight this book doesn't end on a cliff hanger. However at the end of the book it s
Katie
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book I could not put it down I had to know what happen next. Author Penny decides to join up with the Author Kain Brooks to write a novel together. Penny and Kain live in different states so that Skype each other everyday talking and getting to know each other. They both send there chapters they have written two each other to read and look over. Soon Penny is falling in Love with Kain and Kain is falling in love with Penny. Will they ever see each other in person? You will ha ...more
Jamie
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a great idea for a book. A man and a woman writing a book about a man and woman writing a book!

While it was a little hard for me to get into, I'm so very glad I stuck with it!

You'll not only get a great deal of romance but you'll get some suspense and mystery thrown in there as well - a winning combo for sure.

Both characters are a lil broken - Kain is newly divorced from a woman who wrecked him and Penny still mourns the loss of her fiance. They find friendship first, then companionship, a
Tina
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for a honest review then I purchased this book to show my support to two truly amazing authors. When I started reading this book I was blown away by the characters and plot this book is truly an amazing read. I loved all the characters in the book. This is a love story at it's finest. I enjoyed this book so much I didn't want it to end. The main characters are forever in my heart as this story is the best I have every read. I truly hope there is a next book as I already mis ...more
Holly Michelle
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Penny Lane is a book addict. It all started after the death of her boyfriend a few years back.
She turned to books to help her survive. Then she became an author. She found she could write a ficitonal world that suited her.
This book was a great read. Considering two authors were writing together the flow of the book was smooth. The characters were well written and I found the plot to be unique in it's own right. The book was a fast read with just the right amount of love, mystery and happiness in
Irayda Moran (Quezada)
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it

When Penny and Kain collaborate to write a novel together a lot more emerges then a a great novel.
But not everyone is happy about their union and have made it very clear this will be their last book.

Soon feelings are more than platonic when Penny and Kain can't seem to thinks about their next on line meeting.

A beautifully written love and suspenseful novel by D. Love and Madison Daniel.
Love and Daniels have joined together to create a modern day fairy tale.

Go grab it & Happy Reading.

H.P.
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
So I finished reading this book last night and have to tell you that I was enthralled by the story line. The truth is when you meet someone in a moment where you need them most, a connection happens. Not always does it become romantic but when it does, it can last a life time.

Ready for You is a beautiful story that deals with heart ache from past loves and healing but with a dose of suspense! A lovely collaboration between D. Love and Madison Daniel and look forward until their next one.

Other
Christina Silcox
Finding Love Again

Ready For You is full of mystery and suspense, but it is more importantly a story about healing and finding love again after a great loss. People cross your path for many different reasons in life, some for support, some for friendship, some to teach you lessons that need to be learned. Then, there are people whose paths are meant to join with yours on a beautiful journey. This book will show you that love is endless.
AnnMarie
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was just perfect, a lovely romance, soul mate deep, and to take the sweetness off it there is also the mystery of who wants the two main characters dead. I normally suss out who the perp is when I read a book like this, but I didn't have the slightest idea of who it was this time. It made for an exciting read, and I couldn't put the book down until I had finished it. I definitely recommend it!
Teresa
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Penny and Kain have such emotional issues that they have to work on to go forward with their lives. However, the compilation of their co-written book pulls them closer together until someone has threatened their happiness. Read. This is a fantastic book that will keep you guessing and rooting for these couples to work out their differences and walk away in their HEV.
It was a short book, but everything you need in a good book has been covered.
Valentina
I really liked the romance between Penny and Kain, how their feelings grow and how they come to realize they love each other. I loved the character and the chemistry between the two of them.

Why only 2 stars? What I didn't like was how everything escalated at some point of the plot. The revelation of the identity of the crazy stalker was too much rushed, the insanity from chapters 25 to 29 left me speechless. I was a bit disappointed by the ending.
Bobbie Dunham
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great love

oh D and Madison.you are amazing writers..so far I love the books I have read of yours..I can't wait to read more hoping to get Tina and Wayne's story great read thank you for the gift of reading your book. the life of getting to love again is always so challenging.that's for Sharing your heart.:)
D. Love normally is the woman behind the scenes, promoting other authors of all genres. She has created a name for herself with her bestselling book, Today Only. Her writing is full of love and hope. She allows a reader to remember 'What their beautiful is today.'
On her off time she is a devoted mother, trusted blogger, and a talented writer who not only ventures in romance but also fantasy that a
“I am going to hold you like someone would hold a heart, that is being transplanted, into someone they love."
- Kain”