Start by marking “State of Decay: Omnibus” as Want to Read:
State of Decay: Omnibus

State of Decay: Omnibus

(State of Decay #1-4)

Despite what you’ve been told, the Apocalypse doesn’t begin with fire raining down from the heavens, nor does it begin with the human race falling down on their faces in supplication before a triumphant god. No, the sounds of the Apocalypse are much more terrifying than that, and I should know … I’ve heard them, and hearing the world tumble into chaos around me is not some ...more
Published January 6th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about State of Decay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about State of Decay

Tamara
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Four little books, all put into one. Four little books, all rushed and empty. Four little books that could have been great. Four little books that failed to meet my expectations. And four little books that failed, period.
Lauren
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
**Spoiler Alert**

From previous reviews, it looks like I'm in the minority. I was not a fan of this book, sadly. First of all, I'm not a grammar nazi, but the grammar and missing words was a bit distracting. I had high hopes at first for the plot. It started out great. "The first day" section was intriguing.

"72 hours after" was pretty good at first, but then she did crazy stuff like waste ammo shooting zombies from a rooftop and jump up and down on a roof door and was surprised when she fell thro
Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis
I NEED a Jude of my own!! Melody is so well written. I love a strong, female, who can do it on her own, and versus zombies, even better. This one has it all, romance, gore, fighting, drama, a wonderful mix. Ms. Martinez makes you fall in love with her characters and really care about what happens to them. I was on the edge of my seat and stayed up until 4 am to finish reading. Once I started I read it all the way through. I am looking forward to more by this author. This is my new favorite and h ...more
Alison Jansen
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
My new fave thing is Zombie books at the moment. I had to explain last night to my hubby that the zombie romance genre, is not romance with zombies, but romance in the time of zombies.....I still don't think he was convinced. This book was released as 4 parts but when I discovered it, all 4 parts were out and I read it together as one book. Thank gosh! because I would have been chomping at the bit, zombie style if I had to read this one part at a time. Talk about suspense! While this book may be ...more
Tina
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Peggy Martinez!! Her writing always keeps me on the edge of my seat and SOD Omnibus is no exception. Zombies, a kick ass female leading character and more zombies! Love this book! I also love the fact that all four parts are in one book. I could read all the way through.

Melody Carter is just a normal girl who lives with her father, until the day a plane crashes in her neighborhood and the dead began to feast on the living. Melody is such a strong young woman. Her father trained her how to
Dena
This was a well thought out story line about survival, love and chaos. I really loved the characters and how identifiable they were. You could feel their emotions about the destruction around them. I was engrossed in the story about a parasite that started the zombie plague. I totally enjoyed the story and I just couldn't help but read it all in one sitting.
Donna
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this story but the spelling and grammatical errors were plentiful. It makes me wonder if these authors who publish stories like this have ever read their own work or asked someone else to read it. Even once.
So I took one star away. But it is a good story.
Sytha
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, favourites, zombies
Just wow! I loved it right from the beginning, action packed with full on mushy gore zombies and some here and there romance- Ohhhhh yeah!

I want more! ;) looking forward to reading more from Ms. Martinez!!!
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review to come!
Kimberly Cheeseman
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect to put all the novella's into one!!! Love these stories!!
Renee Robinson
I will read a favorite genre until I begin to tire of it and then I will on to something different. It had been a while since I read any horror and I had never read anything Zombie so I thought I’d try dystopian /apocalyptic. I thought it would be too far fetch. I mean..Who could believe the majority of human population eating each other for dinner?
Well, I was pleasantly surprised reading State of Decay. It was not anything like I feared it would be. It kept me on edge and eager to turn the pag
dawn atwell
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AHHHH

AHHHH

ITS THE END OF MY FAVORITE BOOK!!!! NO MAKE MORE THAN 4 PLEEEEASEE!!!! THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!!!
Justin
Oct 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: have-ebook
Asinine young adult crap.

No character building other than the main character Melody. Everybody *loves* here except her best friend.

Her lover gets shot through the chest (unluckily missing his heart), and travels for 24 hours with little medical care and is up and about leading missions 3 weeks later.

Oh, the author should get a friend to read the book and pick up all the spelling and grammatical errors that were littered throughout the book.

Why did I bother reading this?
Amy Miller
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a contest, but that does not affect my review in any way. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel! There were a few spelling/grammar errors, as noted by other reviewers, but nothing that made me want to stop reading.

My favorite thing about the novel was right in the beginning. What does the apocalypse sound like? That hooked me right away. Sound is such a natural experience that a lot of authors forget to include that in their story. It's hard to describe how something sounds, and how
Mkittysamom
Military Style Female Lead

Loved this invention of the apocalypse, where a girl who has been trained by her father is able to care for herself, for 2 years alone in zombie infested woods! Add some romance, a reunion, some hope and even a host of hot dudes...life is good!
Bonnie
Feb 01, 2016 added it
will review at later time
Erin
Sep 13, 2016
Grace Jade
Mar 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Cured (After the Cure, #2)
  • Odium III (The Dead Saga, #3)
  • Induction (Time of Death, #1)
  • When the Dead
  • Winter (Dead, #4)
  • The Truth is Contagious (The Contagium, #4)
  • The Turn
  • Rise
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Deadland's Harvest (Deadland Saga, #2)
  • Love and Decay 2, Episode Five (Love and Decay 2, #5)
  • The Mesmerized
  • I Zombie
  • Gods of the Dead (Rising #1)

State of Decay (4 books)