Start by marking “Black Hills Blessing (Black Hills #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Hills Blessing (Black Hills #2)

Black Hills Blessing (Black Hills #2)

4.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Garrett Johnson is a sexy cowboy from South Dakota, who curbs any woman’s need for commitment. His relationships are all about the fun; sex, drinking, and companionship. If she wants more from him, the game is over and he moves on. It has been this way since he left his hometown of Hot Springs after high school graduation.

Garrett is looking for something, anything that mig

ebook
Published April 24th 2014 by Smashwords (first published April 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Black Hills Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Hills Blessing

Kat Smith
Aug 21, 2014 Kat Smith rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance 17+ yrs
At time of writing this review (21st August 2014) Amazon have this book for sale at 99c USD, and I would say go grab it quick!!!!!

This is book 2 in the series and Ms Wilson has continued to weave her magic and she has got me hooked on her Hot but charming Cowboys...

Garrett Johnson is a sexy cowboy from South Dakota, all he wants in a woman is fun; sex, drinking, and companionship. But mention the big 'C' word and he is out of there! YEP commitment is not his cup of tea (or coffee!)

After an argum
Justine Gauckler
May 07, 2014 Justine Gauckler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewing-books
**I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. **
Oh my God!!! AC Wilson has definitely done it again. I knew it was gonna be good just from the teasers but the raw emotion of Garette and the intensity of Rayne left me alot more than breathless. I thought Book 1 was great but I seriously love Book 2. The obstacles and issues that Rayne had to face were crazy. Just when I thought I knew what was gonna happen, AC changed the game and left me wanting more. I cried for Garette b
Jenn
Jun 05, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Black Hills Blessing is the second book in the Black Hills series. I recently read the first book in the series and absolutely loved it! Many characters from the first book make appearances in this book, however, this book primarily focuses on Garrett's story. Garrett is Matt Johnson's older brother and a partner in the business the two own in South Dakota.

I was captivated by Garrett's story from the very beginning. I loved how the relationship between him and Rayne took longer to develop and es
Shana
May 19, 2014 Shana rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It is the second book in the Black Hills series. In the first book, Matt Johnson met his wife, Andy and her daughter, Harper. They had an effort in getting things together and discovering their love.

This story takes place one year later. Garrett Johnson has had a disagreement with his dad, and gone off in his truck in a snowstorm. Truck dies, cell phone is dead, he's not sure what to do. There comes a knock on his window. Someone is there on horseback to rescue him.
Sara
Black Hills Blessing is the second installment in the Black Hills series. I've read the first, Black Hills Angel, and really enjoyed it. Many of the same characters appear in this book, but this particular novel focuses on Garrett's story. He's Matt Johnson's (one of the main characters in Black Hills Angel) older brother, and a partner in the business the two own in Rapid City, South Dakota.

I've never been there, but from these two books alone I've already developed a love for region of the Un
Rachel Hicks
Jun 09, 2014 Rachel Hicks rated it it was amazing
"Plan for the worst and hope for the best."

Garrett has a good strong family, a booming business with more work than he can handle, and a dream home that leaves many envious. From the outside it is all good. On the inside though he is lost and looking for more. His bed is never empty but for some reason his life hasn't turned out the way he had hoped it would. As fulfilled as his life is, its still lacking big time and he's not sure what to do to fix it. When he sets out in the middle of one of t
Mary
Nov 03, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
I had high hopes for this book after reading Black Hills Angel, I was not let down. In fact I loved this book more.
Rayne and Garrett's story stole my heart from the start and had me in tears. I loved every word.
I could relate to the story on so many levels. The story was not only believable, but at some points I felt the story was writen for me.
Another MUST read!!!
Book Worms  United
Jul 11, 2014 Book Worms United rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!! I fell in love with Garrett. He is the perfect playboy with the serious side who was crushed early on. Garrett is only a playboy in the sense that he is scared to take the risk, scare to be hurt again. This holds him back and he doesn't realize what he is missing in his life. Until Rayne.

Rayne lost her mother at a young age. She blamed her father so in turn she lost both parents that day. Carrying around an anger and hurt has led her to life of loneliness. She feels as though luck is n
Hooked On Books
Jun 02, 2014 Hooked On Books rated it it was amazing
AC did it again!! I fell in love with Matt in Black Hill Angel. Oh but, WOW! Garrett is a whole different kind of LOVE!

Hot and steamy. Your drawn instantly to the character and there connection they have.. I couldn't put it down.

Sexy, playboy cowboy Garrett finally meets his match in the scared, mouthy all walls up Rayne. She pushes him away and he holds on! Follow Garrett and Rayne as they try to forgive and forget there past and step forward to the future.

"You keep lookin at me like that darl
Sharon Obelenus Holland
May 01, 2014 Sharon Obelenus Holland rated it it was amazing
Garrett finds out his dad wants to leave the family ranch to his brother and storms off.......during a blizzard and with a broken down truck. He hears a bang on his window, only to find a horse and rider. Just when he thinks the person who saved him was a guy, it turns out to be a woman Rayne. Rayne, was at her father's ranch to get it ready to sell.

Rayne ends up being the female version of Garrett. Except she has a lot of issues, one being, she thinks her father killed her mother. But in this
Jamie Lynn
Nov 11, 2014 Jamie Lynn rated it it was amazing
Sexy cowboy, Garrett is a typical playboy. He wants women for a few things and the dreaded “C” word (commitment) is not one of them.

Rayne is a mysterious, strong willed woman, who left South Dakota 15 years prior. She is filled with anger and hate stemming from the death of her mother. She is unforgiving of her father, because of the part that he played in her mother’s death. She finally returns home to settle her deceased father’s estate.

The paths of these two young people cross after Garrett
Michelle Holloway
Apr 23, 2014 Michelle Holloway rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chell-s-shelf

Karen Hrdlicka
Sep 02, 2014 Karen Hrdlicka rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Ms. Wilson but it will not be the last. Rarely do you find a story set in the rural Midwest, having been to some of the places in the book brought the story home for me. I enjoyed the sexual tension between Rayne and Garrett. Both characters have trust issues and have been wounded by someone they loved. Hurts and secrets abound in this story. The weaving and unraveling of the tale is what AC Wilson does best. I have other titles on my TBR and they will be mo ...more
Chris Murray
Jun 08, 2014 Chris Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Suburb love story Again

Wow I thought I had my new book boyfriend with book one, but I really am in awe for this book. Garrett and Rayne needs saving and through twist and turns, well you will read about it. I can't wait for the next book. I really love how the characters from the previous book are intertwined.
Jamie
May 22, 2014 Jamie rated it it was amazing
I love these books - hand down. A.C. Wilson has created a world that I just want to be a part of time and time again.

I fell in love with Matt in Black Hills Blessing (book 1) and he's still my guy (lol). But Garrett, well Garrett is a whole different kind of hot, sexy, and uber book boyfriend material!

A snow storm is what brings Garrett and Rayne together. Add cowboy boots and a Stetson to your typical playboy and you get Garrett.

Rayne is tough. She's hurt and she does her damnedest to push Gar
Rachel
May 20, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review..So I'm giving the supersexy Garrett and Rayne a solid 4.5 Stars!

Oh my, Garrett is such a fabulous new book boyfriend. Holy Cow..

Garrett and Rayne are two peas in a pod. Both keeping themselves distant and out of touch from family, friends, and most importantly~LOVE.

One fateful night in a storm changes the lives of them both.

AC Wilson has such a wonderfully creative writing style, and the teasers that have been out for a while made me DEFINITELY want to rea
Colleen
Dec 04, 2014 Colleen rated it really liked it
This Garrett's and Rayne's story.
Both Garrett and Rayne have experienced bad relationships in the past and don't have any plans on settling down so they plan on just having a sexual experience together. Since they are snowed in together, this goes on for a couple of days.
The more time that Garrett spends with Rayne starts to change is views on relationships. He starts thinking that maybe he could have a stable relationship and settle down as long as it is with Rayne but first he has to convince
Jai Brown
Aug 12, 2014 Jai Brown rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from an amazing author, this series is one of the best that I've had the pleasure of reading. Made up of realistic people you can get to know and fall in love with, each one seems better than the last.
To say Garrett is a sexy cowboy is like saying the sky is big, a complete understatement. He's a wonderful mix of strength and sensitivity that will make your heart melt. Rayne is a beautiful woman, inside and out. She's stubborn and moody, with such a painful past. I truly en
Brenda
May 21, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
After seeing all those amazing teasers finally got to read it. It is hot!! Garret and Rayne are perfect. They cant resist each other but they keep what they are feeling a secret so they dont get hurt. Whats not to love about a hot cowboy!! There is alot they go through to be together.
Jean
May 15, 2014 Jean rated it it was amazing
Just finished Black Hills Blessing. I absolutely loved it! Garrett definitely met his match in Rayne. I loved all the twists and turns these two went through to be together. A.C. Wilson just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait till the next book!
Renay
Oct 27, 2014 Renay rated it really liked it
Nothing is more exciting than a woman riding on a horse and rescue a cowboy in the snow. Yes, ladies our heroine Rayne Randall teaches our hero Garrett Johnson a sexy cowboy aka Mr. Lover from South Dakota, the first lesson in life. Never leave the house without checking the weather first. From that point alone, I loved the book.

As fate would have it, both of them are dealing with pain from their past with family. This story show how Garrett help Rayne fights her demons and see she is not alone
Dawn Marie
Apr 23, 2014 Dawn Marie rated it it was amazing
Rayne has trust issues due to what she thinks about her dad!
Garrett is a playboy! But when they get together panties fly and emotions are high! They fall for each other but they dont let on about their feelings because they are both afraid of getting hurt!
I highly recommend this book! And first you should read Black Hills Angel about Garretts brother Matt!
Sydney Hopke
Aug 15, 2014 Sydney Hopke rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author and I can't wait to read more!! A snowstorm, a death and twisted ankle make for a love story that has twists and turn until you have your HEA. This story made me laugh and shed tears but I loved it! The supporting cast is amazing and I'll be reading Book 1 in this series soon and can't wait for the last book. If you love cowboys, strong women and love stories you won't be disappointed in this.
Kim King
Apr 27, 2014 Kim King rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! The playing cowboy who will never settle down and the distrustful girl.. When Garrett and Rayne collide the clothes fall off and the ice around their hearts melt. Hot and steamy read. Can't wait for the next book!
Mary Fazzi
Apr 30, 2014 Mary Fazzi rated it it was amazing
I was for Matt but this book made me a HUGE Garrett fan. Two very lost and broken souls found each other by chance in a snow storm. Rayne was planning on getting in and out and back to Kansas before anything or one could know, but Garrett and their pull for each other was crazy. Lots of stress and secrets had needed answers and with the help they were slowly tho. Not without a broken heart or two. Great book. Love this series. Got to love Cowboys.
Stefanie Minshew
May 06, 2014 Stefanie Minshew rated it it was amazing
The back stories of characters made me like their strength to overcome find love when not expected but timing might not always be the right time for it to last
Sabrina
Nice

Nice

It's a nice story, It dragged on a little to much in the beginning and For some reason I'm just not satisfied. Something was missing. I feel like there could have been so much more to the story. Allot of crying instead of living.
Renee at Book Happiness
May 24, 2014 Renee at Book Happiness rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review. This is the 2nd book in the series but can be read as a standalone which is how I read it. It was an enjoyable read. The reason I rated 4 stars is because I had a bit of trouble getting into the book within the first couple of chapters. I am super happy that I stuck with it. Very well written and just perfect for all those cowboy fantasies. LOVE ME SOME COWBOY...
Heather Panty dropping Book Blog
LOVED Black Hills Blessing! Garrett is a hot cowboy who meets his match in Rayne. Both have there own personally issues but help each other and find love. The tension between these two had me needing more. I loved Matt's macho talks and his passinate talks with Garrett. I love all the connections, the spunk of each character in this amazing story! I can't wait to read more in this series!! I highly recommend!
JJ -
Aug 02, 2015 JJ - rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From reading Black Hills Angel (Book 1) to reading this one, I can see growth in this author. While it seemed to take me a while to finish the book because it didn't grip me as tightly as some books, I can definitely see the makings of a great writer in this author.

"The winds of the past swirled around them and threatened to wreak havoc."

One of the things I love about Ms. Wilson's writing is her descriptive, flowery language. She has a grasp on figurative language that is lacking in a lot of new
  • Forsaken (The Found #2)
  • Whispers of Darkness (The Deadwood Hunter, #2)
  • Nothing Else Matters  (Billionaires in Disguise: Georgie, #4; Rock Stars in Disguise: Xan, #4)
  • Violet Addiction
  • Hope
  • Our A Cappella (A Cappella, #1.5)
  • Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, #2)
  • Strip Back (Naked Nights, #0.5)
  • Eraser Crimson (Eraser #4)
  • Godcorp
  • Strike (Spark, #3)
  • Kalon (Take Over, #2)
  • 21 Years of Jane
  • Fifteen (The Dreamwalker Diaries #1)
  • On the Edge (Edge Trilogy #1)
  • Ransom
  • Not a Hero: A Marine Romance
  • The Birth and The Battle (Defender's Blood, #2)
A Nebraska native, A.C. Wilson now lives in historic Abilene, Kansas with her husband and two boys. Always an avid reader, A.C. first fell in love with historical romances both Regency and Western. The world was a wide open place where adventures could happen even between the pages of a book. Deciding to give the characters in her head some room to breathe, A.C. started typing and hasn't looked ba ...more
More about A.C. Wilson...

Black Hills (7 books)
  • Black Hills Angel (Black Hills #1)
  • Black Hills Rebel (Black Hills #3)
  • Black Hills Secrets (Black Hills, #4)
  • Black Hills Forever
  • Lena's Fall & Colt's Magic (Black Hills, #6)
  • Royal's Wildfire & Lance's Stars (Black Hills, #7)