Start by marking “Come To Me (Love and Trust Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Come To Me (Love and Trust Trilogy, #1)

Come To Me

(Love and Trust Trilogy #1)

Will the past repeat itself? Rob hasn't had the best of luck when it comes to women and his epic failure with Kit Kendall is still very fresh. Rob might be successful in sports and in business but does he have what it takes to be successful in love? When Rob gets to know Wren Tyler, his sous chef, he's willing to try again even knowing he could get hurt. Wren on the other ...more
Published January 21st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Come To Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come To Me

Start your review of Come To Me (Love and Trust Trilogy, #1)
Heidi
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rob redeemed himself. :)

"Sigh" Book 1 of the Love and Trust series did not disappoint. I. Loved. It. Even though this is the beginning of the series...this is "Rob's story"...and once again we get to return to the beautiful little town of Fircrest. This book could stand on its own but I think it's so much more enjoyable having read Shannon Guyman's Love and Dessert series first. You are reintroduced to all of the characters you come to love throughout those books which makes this story all the
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I really enjoy this series and I was so glad Rob got his own book. He was an interesting character in the original series (Love & Dessert) and I wanted to see him get his happily every after.

Rob used to play professional baseball and had to retire when he was injured. He opened a restaurant in his home town and that has become his new passion. After suffering heartbreak in the previous books I was looking forward to seeing him find love, and maybe get humbled a little along the way as well.
Jen
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-the-best
So. Stinkn'. CUTE!!!

Shannon Guymon is one of those rare gems whose books I have regrettably overlooked for a long, long time.

Upon completion of the first book I finally succumb to, I thought to myself, "All right, that was actually pretty good."

Completing the second book I thought, "Ok, this is really good."

After the third, "Why has it taken me so long to read these books!?"

And now, after finishing Come To Me, I declare that I am a fan for life!

Guymon has this miraculous ability to write about
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved the first book in this series. It's a spin off from the last series so we get to see all the old familiar characters and that feels good. It's like old friends who are still around but aren't the focal point anymore. I was glad to see Rob finally get his HEA. It was time. Clean, easy reading. Romantic fluff. Lots of talk about yummy sounding food. :)
Kathy
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014

Read The Love and Dessert Trilogy first so you can appreciate Rob and how he managed to redeem himself and turn into the man we once hoped Kit would end up with. Loved Wren & Kam and looking forward to the rest of this series! Review coming soon...

Content: CLEAN!!

Valerie Waters
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute! Holy heck I would like to smack the mom!!! She really is obnoxious! Wrens lack of confidences was a little annoying. Kam was totally awesome!
Kathy Jo
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*dreamy sigh* Can I just tell you how much more I fall in love with Come To Me every time I read it?! I seriously do!! I love all things Fircrest!! ;)

So I've had this love/hate relationship with Rob since the Love and Dessert trilogy. I loved him... then hated him... then liked him... then thought he was a putz... and in the end... I loved him again! Rob has been burned before in the past and decided that all beautiful women are nothing but trouble and he will just stay far away from them!
Katie W
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When you've been burned before, it can be hard to trust again.

I love these trilogies! Rob is a minor character in the previous trilogy, Love & Dessert. He owns a restaurant that is very successful. Part of the reason why he does so well is that he has a very dynamic and personable personality. He makes it a point to know what's going on in his employees lives and does what he can to make their work experience pleasant. As Wren noted, "The more I get to know you, the more I realize that I
Julie
Jun 30, 2014 added it
This is the first book in her Love and Trust trilogy, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second!

We meet Rob Downing, a former baseball player who now owns a restaurant. He has two sisters and a mom that he loves. His mom really wants him to get married, (and she's a bit on the psycho side actually. I had a hard time with her overall) but he's had a breakup and while he wants to be married, he hasn't found the right girl.

Enter his sous chef at his restaurant.

Wren is sweet and everyone loves
Shauna
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. LOVED. LOVED. THIS. BOOK!
LOVED the characters!
LOVED the storyline!
LOVED this book!
I couldn't put it down!

Wren has landed a great job as a sous chef in restaurant.

She also got a condo as part of the deal...

And the fact that the owner, Rob, is cute doesn't hurt at all.

The only drawback is Jared...the head chef.

Rob is getting pressure from his mom to getting serious about dating.

See what happens when Rob starts to pay more attention to Wren...

Watch as Jared gets jealous..

Witness what happens
Emily F
Charissa
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, professionals
Wren and Robs story was fun to read, since they were side characters in another book I read. Wren is one of the new chefs at Robs restaurant. The way they fall in love is pretty fun to read. This story had all that I neededromance, cute characters, tension, humor, and bad guys. Great read!
Coco.V
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/27/2019)! 🎁
Kathryn
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sweet love story with the realistic mother who wants all her children married and producing grandchildren, fun, carismatic characters, and hilarious sibling interaction as they try to get their mother's attention off them.

Spolier:
Rob is a successful ex baseball player that now owns a restaurant, but hasn't found the right woman to marry and start a family with. He dates beautiful women that are successful in life, but hasn't found the attraction and interest until his quiet, cou chef gains his
Amie Aycock
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this series to come out for awhile, and the first book was definitely worth the wait!! This book will have you hooked from the first page until the last! Once you pick this book up, it is impossible to put down!!! The story is fun, charming, and will leave you smiling!!

Words of advice, don't read this book when you are hungry! Throughout this book she describes the most delicious dishes, that will make you instantly crave them!!

Shannon does such a good job of describing
Pam
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Come to Me is book one in the Love and Trust Trilogy by Shannon Guymon.
Rob, Taryn, and Baily Downing have been instructed by their mother, Anne, to get married and provide her with grandchildren before she is too old to enjoy them. She puts a real guilt trip on them this time.
Rob is already thinking of getting married. He just hasnt found the right girl. Meanwhile, he has a restaurant to run and a sous chef to protect from his Chef Jared. Wren is too good for Jared to run off. Taryn who helps
Emily Murray
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this; it had a different flow than most love stories I've been reading lately, which was refreshing. I didn't quite think the main character felt real, the way the author described her (quiet, nervous...) is totally different than how she ends up acting. Still liked her though, just a little confusing. I do wish I had read the preceding series (Love and Dessert trilogy), I didn't know they would flow together. I can see that a lot of relationships and history took place between the ...more
Erica
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rob was seriously annoying in the last series, but he did a pretty good job of redeeming himself in this book. I liked Wren, though I thought she could use a bit more confidence. She stayed pretty positive with all the crap she had to deal with, and I like that she stood up to Rob when he was being an idiot. Though part of you is hoping she would fall for Kam (who is amazing! I hope he gets his own book), I was very happy with the conclusion of the story and look forward to the rest of the books ...more
Lexie
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I loved the story, I really have a hard time with these indie published novels. I admire an author's willingness to "take matters into their own hands," but there is something sorely lacking in terms of editing and formatting when the book doesn't come from a professional publishing company. I have read several of Guymon's other novels (professionally published) and enjoyed them and I will probably continue to read her work, but the experience isn't as enjoyable when I keep getting caught ...more
Melissa
This was a fun easy read. It was ok written with a silly plot and fun love story. Shannon's books are a light read when you just want something to breeze threw. I thought our main character was a mess and liked the change threw the book as she grew up and saw things in the right way. I love the men in her books, totally unrealistic and amazing but very fun to read about. I couldn't read more in the series or it would get repetitive. These are clean romances with a touch of church.
Jackie
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
probably more of a 2.5 for me. Cute, very cheesy little clean romance. Writing wasn't great and there are lots of editing problems, particularly a lack of commas. I did, however, appreciate the fact that there is no swearing and no sex, which is becoming harder to find in romance books. Apparently the main character is from her previous books. Maybe that's why I felt like I didn't know him well. All in all, not a terrible read, but nothing special. Pure fluff.
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
What a fun little novella. It was actually longer than I expected it to be--which was great! I loved Wren's personality. It was refreshing to not have a perfect hero--Rob's mistakes were endearing. Stupid, but forgivable. It was fun to read about the characters from the Love and Dessert series as we met Rob and Wren.
language:clean, heat level:mild
Alisha
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'll try to update this review more later-but SO thankful that Rob redeemed himself from his whole debacle with Kit in the first trilogy. Although he isn't without fault when it comes to dealing with women, sheesh.

Another clean, easy read romance. Couldn't put it down, like the others by Shannon Guymon.

Romance: clean
Karen
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. It drew me in and held me. I've read others in these intertwined series, so I was familiar with many of the characters, and some characters I like better after reading this story (hint: Taryn). I look forward to reading other books in the series. Note: There are a lot of editing errors.

Content: Clean
Rating: 4.5 stars
Carol
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, ebook
I loved to see the changes in Rob from the first series "Love and dessert trilogy", I remembered why I liked him in the beginning. Wren is darling and a great addition to all of my favorite girls from the Bakery, I look forward to reading the rest of this trilogy.
Krista
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very cute and clean romance. Fun to see characters from her last series in a new one. (You don't have to read the Love and Dessert series to understand this one- but you should because they are good!)
Tiffany
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this first book in the series. It was my favorite in the "Love and Trust" trilogy. The story was great and the chemistry was great. A super cute read!
Ashley Lavering
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

this book was so enjoyable and clean. I love that! Shannon did a wonderful job and lifted my heart once again.
Cici
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A new trilogy. I love the authors easy style. The way in which the plot develops. Good romance.
Bebe465
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Very tame, Wren and Rob's story very long going. No heavy romance. But a nice rated g love story. Hopefully the next 2 books will be a little more adventurous.

• Me & Mister Everything: A Romance (Tanner Family, #4)
  • Heart & Soul: A Romance (Tanner Family, #3)
  • Hard Pack (Ridden Hard, #2)
  • Hard Flip (Ridden Hard, #1)
  • The Sidelined Wife (More Than a Wife, #1)
  • The Girl in Seat 24B
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • Honeymoon for One in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #2)
  • Jessie Belle (The Women of Merryton #1)
  • The Secretive Wife (More Than A Wife #2)
  • Paige's Turn
  • House Divided
  • Rachel Laine (The Women of Merryton #3)
  • Taylor Lynne (The Women of Merryton, #2)
  • Cheyenne (The Women of Merryton #4)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex in Ninety Days
I live in the Rocky Mountains with my husband and children and love my home when its not snowing. Im the author of 37 books so far. I also write YA Paranormal Romance under my pen name, Katie Lee OGuinn. I enjoy the outdoors, reading and being with my family. To find out the latest on my books, check out my blog. You can purchase all of my books at Amazon.com. Im also a huge supporter of Operation ...more

Love and Trust Trilogy (3 books)
  • Be Mine (Love and Trust Trilogy, #2)
  • Tough Love (Love and Trust Trilogy, #3)