Start by marking “Everyone Dies in the End” as Want to Read:
Everyone Dies in the End

Everyone Dies in the End

Sherman Andrews is going places. At seventeen, he’s been accepted in the Missouri Scholars Academy, a summer college program for the academically-oriented. He is determined to become an award-winning investigative journalist. Sherman has had a ten-year plan since he was eight, and is determined to make something of his life, unlike his low-brow plumber father or his absent ...more
Published March 15th 2014 by Dark Continents Publishing (first published March 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Everyone Dies in the End, please sign up.

grieshaber.reads
Everyone Dies in the End will have readers hooked from the prologue which begins in a dark, empty church. Well, empty except for the preacher who is brutally attacked by men sporting a strange symbol on their lapels. And by brutally attacked, I mean these guys ripped one of the preacher's eyeballs out of his head and stuff a couple of wadded pages of the Old Testament into his empty socket. How about that for an opening? This incident took place in Columbia, MO in the year 1935. Flash forward to ...more
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Poshdeluxe
Cover Story: Ten Thirteen
BFF Charm: Caution
Swoonworthy Scale: 4
Talky Talk: LOL, Dude
Bonus Factor: Mystery
Relationship Status: Bros Before Hos

Read the full book report here.
Maggie
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let me begin by saying Katcher is one of the few authors who can actually make me laugh aloud. Maybe it's because I can "hear" the teen who is speaking. The characters and dialogue are so real and that is what makes Katcher such an amazing writer.

I really enjoyed reading this mystery-history. I especially liked how the history sections were written to give necessary background and add to the mysterious event. Too often history sections are dull and distract from the writing; but not
Rossana Snee
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While this is typically not the kind of novel I read, I found it very well written, funny and engaging. For those looking for a mystery, with a flair of the supernatural, you might enjoy this book. Brian Katcher is an excellent writer and even though this is not one of my favorites (loved Almost Perfect and Playing With Matches), it was still a worthy book for his repertoire.
Greggd
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, maxfave, thriller
Great book, a few of the pop culture references might be over the head of current teens, but great book for a teen read. Memorable line "...stand out like a tattoo on a bridesmaid."
Amy
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
An incredibly fun, fast-paced, interesting read! I couldn't put this one down!
Linda Lorentz
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a book by this author that I didn't like. In fact, I have now read all of is books.
John Clark
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Imagine Leon from Playing with Matches six years later, only this time he's morphed into seventeen year old Sherman Andrews, whose mom took off years ago, leaving him with his dad who's a plumber. While Dad tries, he tends to be clumsy and a bit over-effusive, so Sherman created his master plan at age eight...Become an award winning investigative journalist which, at the moment, includes him getting as much as possible out of a summer school session at the Missouri Scholar's Academy. Sherman is ...more
R.l. Bailey
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Horror/romantic comedy
5 of 5 angel wings
Review done by R.L. Bailey

Everybody dies in the End... And I alone escaped to tell you by Brian Katcher is one hell of a ride of a read. Its marketed to the Young Adult market, but I can honestly say that as a middle aged Grandma, I loved this book, and I think that others will as well.
Everybody dies is the story of Sherman Andrews, as 17 year old smart ass, smart mouthed kid who wants to be a journalist. He works his behind off to
Sherry
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
When you pick up a book and start reading, you begin with certain expectations of where the story is going. Sometimes you run across one that by FAR exceeds your expectations. Everyone Dies In The End not only exceeded my expectations, it took them on a wild roller coaster ride with so many twists and turns that I was reluctant to put this book down until I finished it. Even though the main character is 17 years old, and this book is classified as Young Adult fare, it has serious appeal to anyo ...more
Jen Warren
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brian Katcher is one of only a few authors I will buy automatically. I really don't care what the premise is, and I don't bother to read the blurb. Had I, in this instance, I might not have picked this one up - and that would have been a shame.

I don't consider myself a fan of mysteries, but this one started off with a dark, spooky church, and a violent attack. I was invested here, from the beginning. I was also a little taken aback.

From my experience with this author's other works,
Margo Dill
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has a lot of funny lines, and Sherman Andrews is a typical, smart teenage boy who is trying to figure out life and love and his entire future, when the book starts. Most of the humor comes from him, and I have to say that I also laughed out loud at points, as another reviewer on here said. But the last 50 pages or so, when the supernatural mystery is really unraveling for Sherman and the SUPER BAD GUY is creepy and scary and killing anything he can seem to kill, which I prayed WOULD NO ...more
emma
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mystery-thriller
(this review was published in School Library Journal 04/13/14)

Sherman Andrews is driven; at 17 at the Missouri Scholar Academy, Sherman is taking as many steps as possible to become a successful reporter. Including researching a baffling story from 1935... involving extremely dangerous men who will do anything to keep the story silent.

It hooked me right away. The style, the voice, the mood... it's vivid, funny, quirky, and strong.
I was surprised to find that it was a thr
Debi G.
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The characters:
Quirky in a true-to-life way rather than some manic-pixie-meet-cute manner. This is a good thing. Very. I adore rooting for underdog characters, and Katcher is good at creating them and making me believe in them.

The writing style:
The dialogue is witty, entertaining and consistently rings true. The plot is built for speed. This is a book that reads quickly. It's also a bag of contradictions: dark yet light, complicated yet straightforward, which actually wor
Salesi Sipa
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Its a really great book with many things that will intrest and teenage mind,or anyone in to Horror/Comedy books.
I liked reading this book because there was a lot of suspense and it could make u laugh at the same time.
Also the intro really hooks the reader in.It starts off with a empty church,well almost empty,there some preacher in the office,then two guys come in rip his eye out,replace it with a bunch of papers and left :D
Not brutal at all..Wonderful Book Read if this sounds
Donald
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Even with the flashbacks into the past, this one read very fast. It is a cool story, well written, mostly well edited (there are a couple of speed bumps in there), and the total package when it comes to hitting the ground running and maintaining that pace.

I did not want to put it down, even after the last page...

Read this book.
SalesiSipa
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Overall this book was amazing,it was really appealing to me and i will be to teenage audiences .it all starts when Sherman Andrews has been accepted in the Missouri Scholars' Academy.And he goes snooping around,but gets more than he was looking for by finding a picture of four mysterious men standing in front of a chapel,and decides to go investigating.

Holly Schindler
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride, indeed. It's an absolutely cinematic book, filled with history, mystery, adventure, and humor. I recently did an interview with the author at my blog: http://hollyschindler.blogspot.com/20...
Liz
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. I liked Katcher's other two books, Playing with Matches and Almost Perfect, way better than this one. He really needed a better editor. There were a lot of misprinted words that made reading awkward. Storyline was just okay. I'd still probably read his next book.
Amy Soma
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I would have loved this book when I was 14 and in my Christopher Pike stage.
Dennis
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Action, suspense, a little romance, a touch of the supernatural = another excellent read from Mr. Katcher. Highly recommended.
Michael Prier
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazing story. I got chills at the end. The familiar places made it even more powerful. However, I have the theme song from Three's Company as an earworm.
Tricia Price
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
WAY darker than what I usually read, and I still prefer his book Almost Perfect, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
sarah

• The Absolute Value of -1
  • Who I'm Not
  • Escape from Eden
  • Look Past
  • Until You (Until You, #1)
  • Incinerator (Crusher, #2)
  • Wounded Little Gods
  • All The Lovely Bad Ones, Deep And Dark And Dangerous, The Old Willis Place, And Wait Till Helen Comes: Spooky Novels Set By Mary Downing Hahn (4 Book Set)
  • Violence 101
  • Alias Dragonfly
  • The Curious Cat Spy Club (Curious Cat Spy Club, #1)
  • For the Good of Mankind?: The Shameful History of Human Medical Experimentation
  • Fiona
  • god-thing: and other weird & worrisome tales
  • A Scattering of Jades