Start by marking “An Atlas of Love: The Rupa Romance Anthology” as Want to Read:
An Atlas of Love: The Rupa Romance Anthology

An Atlas of Love: The Rupa Romance Anthology

Have you ever loved so much that it hurt?

Has love found you even when you didn t go looking for it?

Can love be timeless, forgiving and everlasting?

An Atlas of Love, edited by celebrated bestselling author Anuja Chauhan, is an anthology of romantic shorts that daringly explores the many guises of romance, from its purest form to its darkest depths.

Phoenix Mills takes you th
Published January 8th 2014 by Rupa Publications

To ask other readers questions about An Atlas of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Atlas of Love

Start your review of An Atlas of Love: The Rupa Romance Anthology
Ritambhara Dixit
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, heart touching book. A must read for all the hopeless romantics!
Sintu Rongpipi
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I simply love each and every of Anuja Chauhan's! And normally am not a very big fan of Short stories but yes! this book has got everything... It covers all issues surrounding the contemporary love stories, right from puppy love, homosexual relations, love as obsession, mercy killing, love as spoilers and love as everything possible! A definite good read!
Saumya Bukhari
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
A good read. Few of the short stories stood out which surprisingly did not get much attention in the blurb.
1. The unseen boundaries of love *****
2. The library ***
3. Mixed exotica goes to party***
4. Death of a widower *****
Nanditha Kini
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Saurabh
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Some stories feel very plain, almost like journal entries by a teenager, but some were mind-blowing, with a twist in the end like Impasse, Unseen boundaries of love.

Most of these love stories are not dreamy Or filled with emotions, they are like a record of the different type of affairs/relationships prevalent these days.

Overall a nice collection, for light reading.

Chaitalee Ghosalkar
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Two and a half stars

The rating is majorly influenced by a handful stories, which I felt shouldn't bear the brunt of mediocre to blah writing of the remaining ones.

I won't dwell on individual stories, suffice to say that I am glad they started the book with the story that won the first prize in the competition, otherwise there would have been many DNFs amongst the readers.

What is remarkable is that of the hundreds of stories that were sent as pooled of the competition, the ones that make it to th
Alka
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Collection of short stories with love as prime theme in all its variants, glorious as well as sleazy. These stories were selected by Rupa, the publishers on basis of a contest. 16 in all I think. I am hardly a fan of the short stories format but this one was good. Most stories were predictable but did have the extra zing added. But to call it the atlas of love was a bit of an outreach.
Vidya
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Complex. Brilliant. Evocative.

Tightly edited and very visual... this collection of short stories is a great read. It's not cloyingly sweet ... nor is it bitterly tragic... it's just right. Given that the subject matter is Romance in India... this is not an easy ask.

Among the best is "Death of a widower". It's lifelike and nuanced and exactly captures the texture of life in a small town housing colony and deftly serves it up as a rich backdrop to the inner life of the principal protagonist. The p
Tanya Verma
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Love in all forms is what this book talks about. It would leave you charmed, traumatized, scared and even in awe. From reminiscing the loss of love to finally having the courage to own it up, the stories keep you glued to the book.
Akshada Desai
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good, some bad..I would rate each short story differently. But overall it's like a light magazine article kind of a read.
Leela Pal Chaudhuri
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Encouraging read of a selection of upcoming romance writers. Good collection by Anita Chauhan.
KRITIKA JOSHI
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Superb collection. Captures the nuances of the feeling called love beautifully. Enjoyed all the stories.
Ritesh Agarwal
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it

An Atlas of Love Review: Engaging but not enslaving

Here is my story-by-story review of each of the 16 winning tales.

Story 1
Phoenix Mills (by Aurodeep Nandi)
Rating: 5/5
Review: Such a well-crafted story of wit and realism that it sucks you like a vacuum and leaves a void when it spits you out of its chamber at the end. ‘Phoenix Mills’ is about a man, a mall and love found and lost. (This story won the 1st prize in the Rupa Romance Contest).

Story 2
Just One Glance (by Rhiti Bose)
3.5/5
Hard-nosed crit
Devika
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I downloaded this book (through Kindle Unlimited) because I thought it was written by Anuja Chauhan. Actually, she has just edited the anthology, selecting from the entries for a romantic short story contest by Rupa.

I realized my mistake after downloading it, but decided to give it a try anyway. I don't regret reading it (a few of the stories were quite nice), but most of the stories do make it very evident that they were written by non-professionals - whether it's the sentence construction or t
Souparnika Chander
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
A good collection of Love stories with varied angles. But can't say that all of then we're too good. There were only few tat was really touching. There are a few which made me think why did it make a place in this Anthology. Well, afterall everyone's taste differ.
My favorites are The Library, Just one glance, Blossoms, which has were light hearted nd cute and the kind I loved to read, less painful. There are others which really made a gud impact. But otherwise, jus an 'Ok' read!!
Sharanya
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Myriad Shades of Love

An Atlas of Love is a compilation of 16 short love stories. From infatuation and puppy love to mature, sensual love and unrequited love, this collection has stories that celebrate love in various forms. ‘The Unseen Boundaries of Love’ just crushed my heart, ‘Post-Coital Cigarette’ ran a chill down my spine and ‘Blossoms’ was like a bright ray of sunshine. These are my personal favorites.
Nikzad
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good, simple & short romantic stories. 16 of them. All from various authors. Nothing extraordinary, however you won't get disappointed reading. Good authors in the making. Most of the stories I would like to read more them. My favourite are "The Impasse", "The Unseen Boundaries of Love" & "The Library". ...more
Kushagra Verma
Oct 22, 2015 rated it liked it
this book was collection of short stories collected from some competition organised by Rupa Publishers.The stories were good in all but I was disappointed by the story which won the first prize since it was not at all deserving.Good timepass but nothing extraordinary
Sanjima
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Few stories are really good but most of them are boring...
Harry b nair
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
some stories were good, some were average
Rupa
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Keep your day job guys.
Sanhita
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Some of the stories are really good. Readable.
ARUN NAIR

• Mr & Mrs Nambiar
  • Draupadi - India's First Daughter
  • It's All in the Planets
  • Happiness Express
  • Ahoy Amrika (Mr & Mrs Nambiar Book 2)
  • Lanka's Princess
  • Arjun
  • The Forest of Enchantments
  • Under The Mango Tree
  • An Unexpected Gift
  • The Fisher Queen's Dynasty
  • Travel Diaries : The Pilgrimage
  • Mafia Queens Of Mumbai:  Stories Of Women From The Ganglands
Anuja Chauhan is an Indian author and advertiser. She worked in the advertising agency, JWT India, for over 17 years. She has written 3 novels, The Zoya Factor (2008), Battle For Bittora (October 2010) and Those Pricey Thakur Girls (January 2013). All three books are romances.

News & Interviews