Start by marking “Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5)” as Want to Read:
Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5)

Echoes of Scotland Street

(On Dublin Street #5)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  20,329 ratings  ·  1,577 reviews
Shannon MacLeod has always gone for the wrong type of man. After she drifted from one toxic relationship to the next, her last boyfriend gave her a wakeup call in the worst possible way. With her world shattered, she’s sworn off men—especially those of the bad-boy variety.

Cole Walker is exactly the sort that Shannon wants to avoid—gorgeous, tattooed, charming, and cocky. B
Published October 7th 2014 by NAL (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of Scotland Street, please sign up.
Lisa Better to read them in order because book #2 is Cole's sisters story and you get to know Cole pretty well in that book. This one will not be as impact…moreBetter to read them in order because book #2 is Cole's sisters story and you get to know Cole pretty well in that book. This one will not be as impactful if you don't read at least that one first. (less)

·  20,329 ratings  ·  1,577 reviews

Start your review of Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5)
Christy
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo 1a73e4f4-fdef-43b2-8960-233c36242ff3_zps17be0c2c.jpg

When I first picked up Echoes of Scotland Street, I was equal parts anxious, excited and a little nervous to read. Anxious and excited because it’s Coles book and I’ve been dying for more of him... nervous because as much as I loved Hannah in previous books, her book didn’t work for me and I was terrified this would happen again. I can happily say this one worked for me! It was fantastic and Cole Walker exceeded all my expectations.
“So, are you a hero, Cole Walker?”

“What is
The Burning Rose (Jess)
this book deserves a million stars. review to come. I’m just speechless right now. ugh.
Catarina
4 Grown Up Stars!

When she was a teenager, Shannon met a sweet boy that reminded her of a super-hero. It was 5 (amazing) minutes and then life went on and they never saw each other again.
Until 9 years later….

description

Now, after a bad past and some (very) wrong choices, Shannon is starting again. She is looking for a new life and she swore bad-boys out of her life, because they’ve stumped her enough. What she didn’t expect is to find Cole 9 years later. But now he’s no longer a boy. He is a sexy tatto
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Cole meets Shannon when they are fifteen years old and there is an immediate connection. Unfortunately, she has a boyfriend and doesn't even live in the same town. Fast forward nine years and Shannon moves to Edinburgh and gets a job as a receptionist at a tattoo parlor. You'll never guess who her boss is.

I feel like I've been waiting for Cole's book forever, so I was thrilled that it was finally out. I was a bit disappointed that the story wasn't from his POV and we didn't even get a chapter..
Ramona Popescu
Let me tell you a story about a boy.. his name is Cole Walker and soon he is going to become somebody's hero...

Samantha Young does it again in an impressive way. Echoes of Scotland Street is my favorite book from the series, in which you can read the story of Cole and Shannon. Cole is Jo's brother from the second book, all grown up and ready to steal out hearts permanently. Shannon is newly introduced, but as soon as you'll meet her you will realize how good she is for Cole.

First thing to keep
Louise
DNF so sad, I'm so disappointed :'(

If this is going to be Cole's book then...

can't wait for the buzzzzzz sound of the tattoo gun from Cole's hand or whatever he's going to use of those hands *ehem cough cough*

Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

"Cole. Cole Walker."
"You sound like a hero."

photo echoesofscotlandstreet.png

I LOVED IT!!!! Samantha Young is the one author where I don't care about the nitty gritty details, I love everything this woman writes and will most likely always give her books 5 stars.

Echoes of Scotland Street is about Shannon, a girl who has been dating all of the wrong men and is tired of choosing the bad boys. After an extremely bad breakup that led to even more horrible things, Shannon finds herself moving from Glasgow to Edin
Beverly
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Cole and Shannon meet at the age of fifteen, and in those few minutes there is an immediate connection.

Despite both of them being able to feel this connection, neither one of them knows what to do about it. So they both go on with their lives. Shannon gets in the car with her boyfriend, Cole leaves his friends house, and as far as they are both concerned they will never see each other again. Fast forward nine years and fate has other plans for them.

Shannon is running…again. Simply put
Jeanne
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: br
3 stars

There was one thing I liked about this book and that was Cole. He is the only reason I rounded up to three stars. Cole is the perfect combination of sweetheart and alpha caveman. I loved every thing about him. If this book was in his perspective, I might have liked it.

That brings me to what I didn't like. Shannon. UUUgggh. It was like being in the head of an immature, judgmental teenager. I had heard that she could be annoying, so I was prepared for that. What I wasn't prepared for, was h
Geri Reads
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 I liked it but...stars!

Welp! This is going to be one of those "I like it but..." reviews I don't enjoy writing. Nevertheless, it must be done.

I liked this book. I really did. I read it straight through. It was short and unputdownable. But... it wasn't as heart-wrenching or as engaging as the previous books in the series. I've read all books in this series except Down London Road, and frankly, I just couldn't connect with this one.

Shannon was a cool character but I couldn't connect with her
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an adult contemporary romance featuring Cole and Shannon.

I liked Cole and Shannon in this, but I found it a little odd that the book wasn’t from Cole’s point of view as he was the one that we knew.

The storyline in this was about Shannon getting a job at INKarnate and meeting Cole again (they first met when they were 15). Shannon was getting over a bad break-up, and didn’t trust Cole at first, and I got a little annoyed by the way she treated him. This was an okay story, but I didn’t lik
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“You’re worth every bad thing that’s ever happened to me, because going through them led me to you.”

It’s rare to find a series that book after book never disappoints, never fails to capture my attention and make me fall head over heels in love with the characters, but On Dublin Street is not only one of these extraordinary instances, it is also a series that never stopped getting better and better. Two characters oh-so easy to love, an emotional storyline that kept me glued to my sea
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

Shannon having had a string of failed relationships sworn off bad boys. When cocky tattooed Cole walks into her life as her new manager, will he win her over?

I knew I had to read cutey Cole's book regardless reviews. Whilst it was an improvement from Hannah's book I wasn't blown away. Cole was a sweetheart!! Shannon was harder to like but she wasn't as bad as I thought she'd be.

Overall I found it a bit too sickly sweet and cheese worthy towards the end. There was SY style sexy time bu
♥Rachel♥
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I’ve been a huge fan of Samantha Young’s On Dublin Street series and once again she amazes me with Echoes of Scotland Street, the fifth installment in this series. She captivates with multi-layered characters, sexual tension galore, and a satisfaction guaranteed romance!

Shannon has moved to Edinburgh to get away from a very bad breakup. One of a long list of shady boyfriends, but this last one takes the cake, abusive and then some! This boyfriend not only shatters her self-confidence,
AJ
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 “Are you a hero, Cole Walker?” stars

I love this series! Samantha Young has sucked me in over and over again with her emotion-filled love stories, and her absolutely sensational and swoon-worthy leading men. This woman has written some of my all-time favourite book boyfriends, and she’s done a wonderful job with Cole.

The younger brother of Jo, we first met Cole as a lonely 14 year old in Down London Road. Well, he is now all grown up and he is tall, built, tattooed and gorgeously sexy. He is
Patrycja
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!
Chan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
AUDIOBOOK

This was a good story. Another win for the Dublin Street series. But is it wrong to say that I wanted more for Cole?

Chan, that’s like saying Shannon isn’t good enough for him. I know, I know, but that’s how I feel. Shannon is great and has a heart-wrenching past. She totally deserves a hero, but can’t it be somebody else? Can’t she have fallen for some other character?

Anyway, I enjoyed the angst. There was also a nice twist on the female and male norms towards the end. Good read.
Naoms
Originally Reviewed onConfessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

I like flawed heroines. You will almost never read me calling a heroine whiney, because I like heroines with obsessions. I like when they obsess over the death of a loved one or when they don’t easily fall in to the arms of the hero. That being said, I hated Shannon. Despised her on almost every page of the book and it made the story difficult for me.

Shannon has some traumatic things in her past that does garner sympathy, but it’s not
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
So much better than the previous one! I'm damn glad I gave this a chance! Review may or may not come whenever I get a new laptop!(My nephew broke my last one, which is why, among other reasons, I haven't been around at all.)
Nikki
3 Wanna Slap you Shannon Stars

Well, I guess the best way to describe my thoughts about this book would be with some My Little Pony gifs eh? Pinkie Pie says it all my friends. So this is Cole’s story, Jo’s little bro. Cole runs into Shannon when they were around 15 and sparks fly, the connection is instantly there. Shannon was such a sweet little doe-eyed teenager back then.
description

Ahh but shiz changes right? After several failed relationships, her last one being quite the doozie, our Shannon has changed
Michelle
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I ve luvd this series from the start an it just keeps gettin better an better I ve luvd Cole from when he was just a wee lad am now he's grown holy cow is he gorgeous sexy an just soooo HOT
Uploaded with Imgupr
The story of Shannon an Cole was really good I enjoyed it loads there was a lot goin on so there was never a dull moment but I have 2 say I felt 4 Cole an Shannon but Shannon pissed me of when she was just really mean 2 Cole I know what she had been through but come on she did know him an U can't judge a book
Jeynna ( The Romance Junkie)
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
5 stars of course!!

So I finished the final book of The Dublin Series. I don’t know what to feel exactly. I’m happy but at the same time, it feels like this wasn’t enough and I want more.

Cole’s story is definitely a 5 star for me. I already rate it when I met him in Fall From India Place. I’m kinda bias, but I don’t care.

Like always I love all of the characters. It’s the development of the story that I’ve got some issues about. I don’t know , but the constant trust issue between Cole and Shannon
Karen
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS
[image error]  photo edinburgh-at-dusk.jpg
“So are you a hero, Cole Walker?”
“What is a hero, really?”
“I suppose it’s someone that saves people.”
“Yeah, I suppose it is.”
“So do you save people?”
“I’m only fifteen. Give me a chance.”

And yet another fantastic romance from Samantha Young!!! For those of you who are following the On Dublin Street series, this is Cole Walker’s story. Jo’s now hot and sexy little brother. He has definitely grow out of that broody teenage kid stage, and is now working as a highly sou
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Another wonderful addition that Samantha Young brings to the Dublin Street series. We see so much growth in this group of family and friends that come together during the good and the hard times.

Echoes At Scotland Street is a story that will lift your spirits but also push your emotional limits at times. Our delicious key players for this story are:

Cole Walker, our sexy bad boy hero, tattooed and charming and women chase him but at the
Lisa
2015????

photo tumblr_ms7wr9gGlR1qmybnno6_250.gif

i don't wanna waittttttttttttttttttttttttt

14/8/14: so i just noticed it's coming out in october instead? HELL TO THE FYEAH

8/10/14; post read:

I'm a little off track with everybody's ages (Braden is forty-two now??? wowowow).

Amazing, as usual. Cole Walker, you grew up very nicely, congratulations. Must be all the influence of all the great men and women in your life. Very nice. For some reason I had Rodrigo Calazans in my head as Cole when I read. I had no idea where that came from.

ambsreads
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm going to avoid writing a full review for this book as well, mainly because I'm lazy. It was fluffy. It was sweet. It was adorable and full of angst. I loved the fact we got to see Cole grown up, he's been one of favourite characters since he was introduced. The book was an easy read with a similar story line to the rest of the books in the series, which ultimately made it enjoyable for me.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I loved Echoes of Scotland Street Cole and Shannon's story, they have their problems to work through before they have their HEA.

Shannon has come to Edinborough for a fresh start escaping her past and all her bad desicions. Shannon has her issues with trusting men especially if they have tattoos and the only place she has an interview is a tattoo studio INKarnate enter Cole and the story begins.

Cole Walker has grown up since we first met him in Down London Road. I guess spending 10 years around C
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

♥♥♥♥♥

description

Cole's story!! We had to wait soo long to finally get his book!!

And it was just as perfect as I expected it to be. I'm not a fan of tattoos and I still loved Cole and his story soo much!
It was realllly sexy and cute and moving and sad and Cole is sooo adorable!!! Perfect book - especially after I was a tiny little bit disappointed with Hannah's India Place :/

Next to the tattoo-thing there were some tiny things that I didn't like - the back-flash scenes. I don't want that in my books. No i
Duchess Nicole
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Probably a least fave of the series for me. I just really didn't like the way people turned on Shannon. Girl needed a break.
A_Ryan
DNF @ 52%

This is Cole's story and the fifth installment of Samantha Young's On Dublin Street series. I have loved Cole since he was introduced in the second book and I was REALLY looking forward to his story.

But unfortunately, I'm just not connecting with these characters. Cole seems different somehow, too nice maybe? Or maybe a little too desperate for a serious relationship? I get the sense that he would fall just as completely for another woman, if Shannon hadn't come along.

Shannon seemed

• Beautiful Secret (Beautiful Bastard, #4)
  • Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2)
  • Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3)
  • Grib mig
  • A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2)
  • Bilete înveninate
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Beautiful (Beautiful Bastard, #5)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Tryst (Sexual Education, #2)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Rival (Fall Away, #2)
  • Falling Away (Fall Away, #3)
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author from Stirlingshire, Scotland. She's been nominated for several Goodreads Choice Awards. She writes adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction. Currently published in 28 languages in 30 countries, Samantha is a #1 international bestselling author.

On Dublin Street (6 books)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2)
  • Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
  • Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4)
  • Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6)