Start by marking “Perion Synthetics” as Want to Read:
Perion Synthetics

Perion Synthetics

Welcome to Perion City, home to the largest beta test ever conceived. Though its roughly half a million residents all consider themselves human, nearly a third live with the knowledge that they were not born… they were manufactured.

Sava Kessler has spent almost a decade protecting the public image of Perion Synthetics, the world’s leading manufacturer of artificially
Published April 16th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Perion Synthetics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perion Synthetics

Start your review of Perion Synthetics
Bob Birlingmair
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read by Daniel and my favorite. It motivated me to read all his other books too. This remains my favorite with the best story, concepts, and action.
Antonio
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
This is my assessments of this book Perion Synthetics by Daniel Verastiqui according to 6 criteria:
1. Too long and Strenuous action - exciting - 4 stars
2. Boring - fun - 5 stars
3. not difficult to read (as for non English native speaker] - 3 stars
4. predictable (common) - good story (unusual) - 5 stars
5. Shalow story - has a deeper meaning - 5 stars
6. The story is mass and Unfinished - The story is clear, understandable and well rounded story - 2 stars

Total 4.0 stars.
Forrest
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought Perion Synthetics was great. I'm glad I picked it up, since I'd been so busy that I'd stopped reading for a while. This book got me back into a feeling of excitement when it was time to go to bed and I'd pull it out.

I especially like how each of the author's books are independent (different time periods, different characters, different plots, etc), yet he's creating a unique universe where all of these stories take place.

Names like Vinestead, VNet, and now Synthetic Humans become
Nelson
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Verastiqui is back and better than ever . . .

I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of Perion Synthetics, this soon to be released novel set in the Vinestead series. While this latest release is a stand alone novel, like those that have come before it, readers familiar with his earlier work will notice references to familiar names, places and entities. None of these references though take away from Perion Synthetics in any way or slow the momentum of this newest addition to
Manoj
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
(Disclaimer: Daniel provided me with a free advanced copy for feedback and review purposes.)

To start with, I really appreciate receiving an advanced copy from the author. That was a first for me since I signed up with the program on Goodreads. On to the book review...

I thought that Verastiqui created an interesting story line and developed the characters well. There were many times while reading it that I had a tough time putting the book down. It was an interesting concept: a great innovator is
Travis
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Daniel Verastiqui has an obsession with giving his characters great big heaping gobs of amazing technology, and then watching them screw themselves with it. Perion Synthetics takes that to a new level.

James Perion, the Steve Jobsian titan of business and technology that built the world’s most innovative producer of synthetic humanoids from the ground up, is dying. And his life’s work is not yet done. The people closest to him all jockey for position while reporters from the world’s largest
Pearce
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
(Disclaimer: I was given an advanced copy of Perion Synthetics for feedback and review)

Set in the not-too-distant-future, this latest novel from Daniel Verastiqui takes the reader on an exciting ride! Accommodating elements of science fiction, action, drama, and humor, the author creates a riveting story with excellent twists and turns, leaving nary a dull moment. Numerous times I found myself doing the "Wow, I can't stop there, I need to read the next chapter!" dance. Additionally, the content
Ray Hyde
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
i won this book from goodreads..... and im so glad i did
i didnt want to put this book down! the plot is awesome (with twist) the characters are great
this is the type of book i love .. you can see the story play in your head as you read and its one heck of a read!! his writing is amazing.. its hard for me to say something with out spoilers.. i dont want to give anything away..... can't wait to read more from Daniel Verastiqui.. the world he created in this book is great!! pick this one up ASAP
Kyle
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I wouldn't normally choose a sci-fi, but I am glad that I took the time to read this one. It is interesting to think about the future and the possibility of having eternal life in a man-made body! I'm not sure I like the idea, but reading about it was okay. Also growing baby robots sounds crazy! If you are into sci-fi and future humanoids, this book is definitely for you.

I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.
Curtis VanDerwerken
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book... I was lucky enough to be provided an advanced copy of the book and it did not disapoint!

Not to give anything away, but by plot twist #12 I decided to stop trying to predict how this story would play out and just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Cannot wait to see what Daniel writes next!
Rita Vanderwerken
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a privelage it was to receive an advanced copy of this book for review purposes.

Daneil Verastiqui hit another impressive home run with this book, I could not put it down as the story twists and characters kept my eyes glued to the pages.

His dynamic ability to paint a vivid picture with words came through clearly in his latest novel.

Cannot wait for his next adventure.
Omnipotent Dystopian Now
I just finished a 50-page sample of this novel, and I have to say that I was disappointed I couldn't keep going! The writing is crisp and highly polished, and the story hooked me right away. I'm definitely looking forward to finishing the story.
John
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a look into the near future where man and synthetics meet as equals. The bond between male and femininity could never be stronger. The type could be larger.
Jonathan
Allen Gardner
May 05, 2016
Rob Wisniewski
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
A very good transhumanist novel that, unfortunately, falls apart in the third act.
Mattie
Tom Pintong
Jan 05, 2015

• Charnel House
  • The Adventures of Ellery Queen
  • My Enemy, My Ally (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #1)
  • Don't Rush Me (Nora Jacobs, #1)
  • Into Darkness (Eric Ritter Spy Thriller, #2)
  • Defriending Facebook
  • Parasite (Parasitology, #1)
  • Road to Reckoning
  • A Lifetime to Die
  • Tornado Warning
  • House of Darken (Secret Keepers, #1)
  • Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • Diamonds Are Forever (James Bond, #4)
  • The Mind Within the Brain: How We Make Decisions and How Those Decisions Go Wrong
  • Forbidden (The Books of Mortals, #1)
  • The Delta Star
  • The Search for Joseph Tully
  • Beneath The Planet of The Apes
Daniel Verastiqui writes dystopian cyber-thrillers from his poorly ventilated home office in Austin, Texas. He is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in English, but doesn't really see how that's relevant to you enjoying his books. His "writing deal" is all about exploring relationships and identity in the context of ubiquitous technology, pervasive violence, and frequent ...more