Start by marking “Second Chances (Starting Over, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chances (Starting Over, #2)

Second Chances (Starting Over #2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  934 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Stacy Hutchins thought she’d finally met the one, until a startling realization that shatters everything...

Mark Jefferson, her undercover DEA agent boyfriend lied about one tiny little detail…his wife and kids. Stacy hates liars and cheaters so she kicks him to the curb. But Mark makes it very clear he will not go willingly.

Has his obsession with Stacy tied them together
Published February 2014 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chances

Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
**originally posted atBedroom Bookworms

TrishswirlAfter having enjoyed the hell out of Starting Over, I was chomping at the bit to read Second Chances. I try not to read back-to-back books by the same author because it tends to accentuate some negative things (much like spending too much time with your husband on vacation) that would otherwise be overlooked. So I gave myself a one-book-break and then dove right in. I liked it. I didn't LOVE it, but I liked it. I was sucked in right away because the first
Adrienne
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I still think the author is waaay overly descriptive and the story could be edited down by 30-40 pages. Also, I didn't like how, when there is a dangerous stalker trying to get someone, people would keep secrets. Mark threatened Stacy on multiple occasions that she never told anyone about and Dustin knew Mark was watching and didn't warn Stacy.

Another thing that really bothered me is that Mark showed up to go out with Stacy's friend Greta and Stacy only gave her a vague warning at best. Really?
Kathy Ann
Apr 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-suspense, rc
Second Chances
by Evan Grace

Stacy Hutchins is dating Mark, the undercover DEA agent who saved Bellamy in Starting Over. She thinks their relationship is developing well until she find out that he is married with children. When Stacy breaks it off with Mark he becomes abusive and begins stalking her.

Dustin hasn't forgotten the one month of passion that he had with Stacy last year. When Stacy needs help, Dustin is more than willing to step in and assist.... hoping that it will lead to more.

I loved
Angela McPherson
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
The Stacy, Dustin, and Mark extravaganza began, and what a wild ride it turned out to be! Second Chances is a thrilling story and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Mrs. Grace has a way with adding action, intrigue, and passion into her characters that make them seem so real. No spoilers, but I am so happy with the way Mrs. Grace wrapped up Stacy and Dustin's story. Bravo! Now I'm off to read book 3, Begin Again!
Teri
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok

I grew to really not like Stacy. Girl "lock" your doors!!! Her lack of trying to proactively protect herself drove me crazy.

Sex.....fill in the story with something besides this.

Garrett... I didn't see the purpose of his harsh scene.
Mette
I really enjoy reading this serie even though it's a bit to sweet and predictable at times.
Marcia Lazdins Hendershot
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love this series!!
Mandie *Foxylutely Books!*
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for my honest review for the blog tour.

This is the second book in the Starting Over series but each can be read as a standalone (I think!?), however I do wish I had read book one first as I felt left out of the loop with things that had happened. For instance Mark who is the cad in this book was some kind of a hero in the first book which left me wondering how he could change so much from a heroic DEA agent to a selfish stalking PITA. Anyhow I digress…

This
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
An action packed, suspenseful, sexy romance novel that will leave you begging for more!

Stacy Hutchins thought that she may have found a good, decent guy, but a phone call from his wife certainly changes things fast. Not only does Mark prove to be a liar, but also an abusive jerk who decides to stalk her! So Stacy turns to her best friend’s brother, Dustin. While they had a fling together about a year ago, Stacy and Dustin decided they would be better as friends only. As Stacy leans on Dustin to
Gretchen Anderson
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved. This. Book.

Stacy is a sweetheart. However, with men it’s made her a bit of a doormat. She doesn’t have a lot of girlfriends basically because they are all jealous. She’s beautiful. Olive skin, curves in the right places, men totally noticing her. She thinks they don’t like her because she’s not the “normal” skinny. Dustin completely adores her and he’s her best friend. They tried a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship a year ago but she backed it off thinking she was getting too close
Lydia H
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: It goes without saying that the author IS very talented because the overall storyline behind this book was great. There was a lot happening and I could not help feeing very intrigued. There were a few issues with the author's style that bugged me, but that's personal. In MY opinion, the character names were overly used to the point that it threw me off. Every other sentence we got a "Stacy this" or "Stacy that" and it got to be way too repetitive. With some re-wording, it could ...more
Book Junky Girls
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stacy dumped Mark as soon as she found out about his wife and kids, but he won't take "it's over". Now as she tries to move on she remembers how much she cared for her best friends brother Dustin, she broke thing off with him when her feelings were getting stronger because he was known for his commitment phobia. As Stacy moves foward Marks constant calls and visits scare and and she becomes close to Dustin once again, can things be different this time?

Dustin swore after his high school sweethear
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I started this as soon as I finished book one. It was more enjoyable in my opinion and there was an improvement in the length and plot.

Second Chances was a shorter read than Staring Over and I was glad of this fact. The pacing felt better in this book and I found myself skimming less because there were a lot less irrelevant details. I also thought the conversations flowed better and were less stilted. Things in this book felt more natural and for me it was a more cohesive read.

Whilst the story i
Sheryl
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by author Evan Grace for an honest review. This is book 2 of the Starting Over series by the author.

This book has Stacy finding out that the DEA agent Mark, who saved Bellamy is married and a stalker to her after a short romantic relationship. Dustin comes in to help her and they fall in love but it gets complicated when Mark calls Stacy and eventually gets Dustin in trouble with the law. Getting pregnant was not in the equation for Stacy but Mark had other plans.

I actually
Cheryl Sanders
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story picks up about a year after the first book, Starting Over, ended. Stacy was seeing Dustin but when things got serious she balked and pulled the "let's just be friends" card. She started seeing Mark, the DEA agent, until she found out that he was married with children. When she broke up with him he went a little psycho and abusive too. As far as she is concerned, their relationship is over. Dustin steps in to help Stacy through the end of this abusive relationship and they end up toget ...more
Abbie
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let me start this review off by saying, I am came into this book very excited since I had read the first book of the series. I was slightly disappointed but still enjoyed the book. I was not immediately pulled into the book or the main character as I was in the first book. Thought this books is part of a series it can be read as a stand alone.

Stacy Hutchins, thinks she has met her dream man. He is everything she could ever want in a man. Mark is a DEA agent and to Stacy he is the bees knees. The
Jackie's Book Review
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it

I would classify this book as more of a romantic suspense/thriller than a straight romance book. This is the second in the Starting Over series by Evan Grace.

In this book Stacy Hutchins has been dating Mark Jefferson who is a undercover DEA agent. When Stacey finds out that Mark has kept a secret from her, Stacey breaks up with him. The secret is that Mark is married and has a kids..Pretty big thing you left out there Mark!

Stacey kicks his ass to the curb but Mark wants Stacey and will not let h
Brynn Paulin
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Kristen Proby and Kelly Elliott
Recommended to Brynn by: Audible
Another winner from Evan Grace with well-draw characters (primary and secondary) and a plot that kept me coming back even though I had a trillion other things I was supposed to be doing. This story was a romance with a light suspense element. The suspense element with the ex was well-done, and the author didn't hold back on it. One thing that annoyed me and had me mark this book down one star was the way the heroine kept secrets and seemed to downplay the danger to her well-being, putting hersel ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading Starting Over with Bellamy and Luke, I couldn't wait to start Second Chances. Man, this book had me on the edge of my seat. It was definitely more a romantic suspense than just a romance book and I LOVED every second of it. I fell in love with Dustin in book 1 and couldn't wait to read this one. Ms. Grace definitely did not disappoint. I am not going to give anything away except I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Stacy and Dustin. Truly, I was shocked how the story started and how it came about, b ...more
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Second Chances provides us with a story of Stacy Hutchins and Dustin Carmichael.

Stacy has finished her relationship with the DEA agent Mark after she found out his secret. But for him nothing is over. He wont let her go and will do anything to get her back.

She is trying to move on with her life and that is when he comes into the picture. Dustin is her best friends bother who she was dating before and now they have a second chance.

Evan gave us in Second Chances a very great romantic thriller with
Jamie Rhodes
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful addition to this series. Again I love having so many points of view. This story is about Dustin and Stacy. We met both of them in book one. They had a bit of a fling, but decided to be friends instead of going deeper into a relationship. We also revisit Mark, the undercover officer from book one. Believe me when I say he is evil. This book has lots of emotional topics for the characters. I needed a Kleenex. No cliffhanger. This can be read as a stand alone, but I suggest the se ...more
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with the Starting Over series by Evan Grace. Second Chances was the second book in this series and it was fabulous. Honestly I didn't think that this series could get any better, but it absolutely did. The storyline was awesome and of course I love a great second chance romance story. Loved the characters in the first book and fell in love with them again in this book. Cannot wait to start the next book in this series to see how Dylan will find his happily ever after!!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this romantic thriller story. Although I didn't read book one I felt the author did such a great job with this book I didn't lose out on any of the storyline. Having said that I'll be reading book one very soon.

I just loved the relationship between Dustin and Stacy. I love Dustin. What a fantastic alpha male he is. I want my own Dustin :)

This is a really brilliant storyline with lots of drama. You may need tissues!!

Received in return for an honest review.
Fatima McKindra
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Loved the characters and the way they connected into the larger picture of the extended families. The text was a little choppy (view spoiler) but overall it was a solid story with wonderfully developed characters. I'm going now to look for more from this author and series :)
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Want to read more.....

Want to read more.....

sassy storyline! love it when people stay driven to break down the walls that others have built knowing there is something great on the other side. Great characters in this book, and a dramatic ending tread you to immediately buy #3 :)
Kim  Brewing
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb and saw Stacey was dating Mark and not Dustin, I was thinking WTH??? This couple has some major issues to get through, but it's a romance and remember love conquers all. I have to say I'm really excited to read Dylan's book next. The great thing about this series is the parental and family support all the characters get.
Yasmin  Vasquez
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great

Ok this book was great, I gave starting over 3 stars cause it kinda left you hanging. This book picks up pretty much where that book leaves off. I loved the story of Dustin and Stacy. Dustin being the older brother of her best friend. There romance went through so much, I'm glad they managed to work it out and come out on top! Can't wait to read book 3!
Jacqueline Dorsey
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A must read

if you didn't read starting over PLEASE go back and read it. because you need to get the feel of the family bond between these characters have.I love the book didn't want it to end. TO The AUTHOR PLEASE Don't STOP WRITING You Are GREAT......

A.R. Von
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it
A different type of reading experience for me. I enjoyed the characters and family connection the author portrayed immensely. Second Chances is a story many fans of the genre will enjoy.
Full review coming soon!
Sarah Place
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can not rate this book high enough. The first book in the series was very good and this one follows on the same theme. perfect mix of sex, love,list and heartache.
I will definitely be reading more of Evan graces books!!
  • Bound for Nirvana (The Bound Trilogy #3)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Of Dark and Bright (Dark Horse, #3)
  • Bo (Bad Boys of Retribution MC #3)
  • One Wild Ride (Lords of Mayhem #2)
  • Second Chance Hero
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • How To Save A Life
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • Ryker (Steele Brothers, #1)
  • Love Life & Circumstance
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #4)
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
A Midwesterner and self-proclaimed nerd, Evan has been an avid reader most of her life, but five years ago got bit by the writing bug, and it quickly became her addiction, passion and therapy. When the voices in her head give it a rest, she can always be found with her e-reader in her hand. Some of her favorites include, Shayla Black, Jaci Burton, Madeline Sheehan and Jamie Mcguire. Evan finds a l ...more
More about Evan Grace...

Starting Over (5 books)
  • Starting Over (Starting Over, #1)
  • Begin Again (Starting Over, #3)
  • One Day at a Time (Starting Over, #4)
  • Finding Hope (Starting Over, #5)