Start by marking “Wild Things to Sew and Wear: 15 Animal-Themed Garments and Accessories for Your Little Critters” as Want to Read:

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Everyone has a little wildness inside; now you can make these charming animal- inspired designs so your children can have the fun of wearing it proudly on the outside! This collection of 15 animal-themed garments and accessories includes easy-to-follow patterns to suit all skill levels, from beginner to advanced, and in a range of sizes. These are simple, bold, and playful ...more
Published September 16th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Wild Things to Sew and Wear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Things to Sew and Wear

Sharon
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of Wild Things to Sew and Wear through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. This book includes 15 animal themed garments with a pattern cd included. The easy to follow instructions are great for all experience levels, with a complete list of supplies, step by step drawings, and helpful notes for each garment. There is a great technique section, including how to use the patterns, tips on seams and hems, and even how to print the patterns located at the end of this book. Wild Things to S ...more
Sarah J
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of adorable projects! I haven't had the chance to sew one yet, but the instructions appear clear and easy to follow. While I love all the animal themed projects I want to note that many of the projects could be adapted into a basic garment without the animal theme (i.e.: the horse overalls are super cute, but you could also use the pattern to make a few pair of regular overalls as well!)-- this gives the book and projects even more versatility.
Heather
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adorable. That is what this book is. The garments in it are really cute and would look great on any child. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. My only complaint is that I wish they had put more designs in.

***I received this book through Goodreads Member Giveaway. That did not affect my opinion.***
Irene Suarez
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
The project are the cutest! so beautiful! But the instructions are hard to follow as even though the pattern pieces are label in the pattern, in the instructions are not mentioned by the label. While the final projects are beautiful (I have finished one and making a different now), I give it 3* because of the frustrating instructions.
Kathy
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, sewing
I won a copy of "Wild Things to Sew and Wear" by Molly Goodall, and I am loving it. The projects are interesting and beautifully photographed. Instructions are clear and precise. Judging from the Post-its stuck in its pages it's a big hit with the grandchildren, too.
Katy
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A GoodReads FirstReads book.

Have not made any of the selection in the book yet. But they are all very cute designs. Can't wait to see what they look like finished at home.
Gentle
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book on Goodreads.

I have family members that are really into crafting and sewing. They found this book much enjoyable and were excited to try out the cute projects.
AlisonKoller
Anne Marie
Katelyn Kelly-Gonzales
Leanna
  • A Woman's Guide to the Wild: Your Complete Outdoor Handbook
  • How Not to Calm a Child on a Plane: And Other Lessons in Parenting from a Highly Questionable Source
  • Daring Adventures in Paint: Find Your Flow, Trust Your Path, and Discover Your Authentic Voice-Techniques for Painting, Sketching, and Mixed Media
  • The Onion Presents: Love, Sex, And Other Natural Disasters: Relationship Reporting From America's Finest News Source
  • 50 Ribbon Rosettes & Bows to Make: For Perfectly Wrapped Gifts, Gorgeous Hair Clips, Beautiful Corsages, and Decorative Fun!
  • Painless Writing
  • Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, & Inspiration
  • 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
  • Fabrics A-to-Z: The Essential Guide to Choosing and Using Fabric for Sewing
  • Growing Up Sew Liberated: Making Handmade Clothes and Projects for Your Creative Child
  • Crafty Mama: 50 Fast, Fabulous and Foolproof Projects for Baby Gear
  • Simple Crocheting: A Complete How-to-Crochet Workshop with 20 Projects
  • Raising Kids with Good Manners
  • Photographic Visions: Inspiring Images and How They Were Made
  • Tales from the Red Book of Tunes
  • Marshall Brain's How Stuff Works
  • The American Revolution of 1800: How Jefferson Rescued Democracy from Tyranny and Faction - And What This Means Today
  • The Adventures of Pajama Girl: The Coronation of the Cupcake Queen