Start by marking “Urban Outlaws (Urban Outlaws, #1)” as Want to Read:
Urban Outlaws (Urban Outlaws, #1)

Urban Outlaws

(Urban Outlaws #1)

Deep beneath the city live five extraordinary kids: world-famous hacker Jack, gadget geek Charlie, free runner Slink, communications chief Obi, and decoy expert Wren. Orphans bonded over their shared sense of justice, the kids have formed the Urban Outlaws, a group dedicated to outsmarting criminals and handing out their stolen money through Random Acts of Kindness (R.A.K. ...more
Published October 7th 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published March 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Urban Outlaws, please sign up.
Cameron Jack is main, Charlie is main supporting caricter.

Mary ♥
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Actually 4.5 stars

I really liked how cute and at the same time really action packed it was. Also, in my opinion it can be also considered a Fairy Tale Retelling because "Stealing from the Rich, Give to the Poor". I LOVED the friendship and the family bond that was created between the Urban Outlaws. I wanted for the personalities of the characters to be more portrayed but it's fine.

The gadgets were AWESOME. My favorite character is Obi for many reasons. First of all, he was bullied because of bei
Angela Millar
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Goodreads first reads and was promptly wrestled to the ground by my eleven year old son. He flicked through the pages greedily, refused to even let me read the back cover waving my hands away like a bothersome fly...two days later, and may I say again two days later, my eleven year old son announced... it's amazing when's the next one out? I think in the words of the young - nuff said.
Holly Bamber
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I got this book for Christmas, and honestly, it was one of the best books I've ever read. With action as fast-paced as Percy Jackson, it's Cherub, but better. Highly recommended.
Michelle
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with the cover for Urban Outlaws. I love how bright and eye catching it is, but also the silhouette of the characters across the top. I will warn you all now that my review is more going to be my thoughts than what really happens in the book, this was my reading material on a journey to and from London. I began reading this when I was almost at London, so picked it back up on the way home.

Now to explain how engrossed in Urban outlaws I was, I am going to give you an example of what
Buda Kun-Szabo
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the book "Urban outlaws" by Peter Jay Black you can find action packed parts, some cool places, and just fantastic character. In the beginning the book was amazing.It really felt like the modern Robin Hood.The book was action packed.In the book it included adventurist characters.The characters all had different traits which really showed me how amazing this book really is .For example, when they stole all of the money, it was action packed.You can really see how one kid had to jump to buildin ...more
England
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exciting, Thrilling Funny.
All the best characteristics a book could have...

and Obi, man is he funny, and a good security/camera guy- always stuffing his face!
Victoria
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
quick, fast paced, and kept my interest
Jackie
I was under the impression that "Urban Outlaws" was more of a modern Robin Hood tale, but I was incorrect. My biggest problem with this story is that it is filled with the same cliches in many juvenile/young adult novels. The "Urban Outlaws" are a bunch of homeless young adults who just happen to be whiz kid genius hackers. They live in an underground bunker in London, with all the comforts of home-seemingly undetected by anyone in the city. What confuses me is how they all became super sleuths ...more
Lois
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, talks about a group of geniuses named ‘Urban Outlaws’, and their adventure. My friend tell me to read this book, she’s really interested in sci-fi or adventure stories. I think the teenager would like to read this book. One thing I thought was interesting is their code name: Jack—>Achilles; (Achilles was a hero who brave and battle wise.) Charlie—>Pandora. (In the Ancient Greek language, word ‘Pan’ means everything, and ‘Dora’ means gift. )They are outlaws: living in ...more
Rasika Dastane
Story of children who have more maturity than adults. Just enter into the world of innovative electronic gadgets, programming, supercomputers. Add adventures, planning and humanity into it. Outcome is Urban Outlaws. Reading the book, one will definitely want to learn electronics and computers. Have a happy reading!
Susan
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: chapter-books
I confess I didn't actually read this, but I read some of #2, just enough to know that this book is action packed from the beginning. Highly improbable, but lots of fun for kids who want to be spies or ninjas.

It reminded me of Leverage, that TV show with Tim Hutton.
Meshach Hardy
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing book! I loved the action and the technology put in here. I think that the author did a great job and I wouldn't change anything about it. I loved how they make there own gadgets and planned there attacks. I would recommend this book for readers 9-12 who like action and technology.
J.D. Holman
So apparently there's a subgenre of thriller involving quantum computers; if you count beta reading for an unpublished author (as of the time of this review), I've read three.

This book is a fun popcorn read, especially for the target age. Adults may need a bit more suspension of disbelief.
Angela
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced Mission Impossible starring kids/teens. The book has it all: gadgets, a strong eclectic team, high danger, close misses, Robin Hood tactics, and cyber stunts that thrill. Jack is our focal character and lead computer expert, his planning drives all the missions and he feels the weight of responsibility as the oldest and head of the group. Obi is the group's eyes and ears, a computer guru who hacks into cameras and security systems as he sits back at base in his custom chair ...more
Lynn
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Urban Outlaws is a very fast-paced story about a group of orphans who find each other and form a group to take money from criminals and give it to those in need. Each character has his/her own story, but we learn the most about Jack, who is the leader of the group and we see the story through his eyes. The Outlaws live together in an underground bunker from World War II that they have remodeled to fit their needs. Their little world is disrupted when they find a supercomputer called Proteus that ...more
Raygen
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
the book i have read is called urban outlaws made by peter jay black. the book is filled with a lot of action and gadgets which is the main appeal. the book stars five child characters named jack, charlie, slink, obi, and wren who try to use their gadgets to break in places and take money from criminals and give it to people through random acts of kindness R. A. K.. The villain is a super-computer named proteus who is only controlled through the people controlling it.
Jeff Raymond
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is like a reluctant reader checklist in many ways, with a fun cast and a standard, action-packed plot with an exciting movie poster-style cover. The meat of the book is fine, and pretty much hits all the notes you'd expect, but this is not there to reinvent any genres but instead just play along with the orphaned action heroes trope and succeed at it. If you have that kid reader who is looking for that book that might hook them for good, this might be what you're looking for.
Lucas
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
A fun read with good characters.

A group of kids, orphaned and on their own, with strengths that, together, makes a team of Urban Outlaws. A modern day type of Merry Men that stumble upon a computer so powerful that governments and their secrets never have a chance. Unfortunately, there are others that want the power of the computer and the kids get in the way.

You won't put the book down once you pick it up.
Lan
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a book just full of action and it kinda is intense Jack and the rest are trying to LIVE NOT SOMETHING ELSE LIVE and the characters had a unique personality.
Cameron
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I highly recomend this book for a summer read.
Jirapa
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think it was quite good since both the good and bad were finding the machine proteus.
Jake Adams
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book little confusing at times. But really enjoyed it.
Soham
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
decent book
read it if u have a lot of free time and have finished rading all good books
Sean Harding
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
It had a reasonable opening but then became very bland and quite uninteresting.
Renee MA
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Urban Outlaws is a modern day A-Team made up of teens, with a dash of MacGyver thrown in.
Kaileb H7A
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is good but it is hard to keep focus with all the setting changes. It can also be hard to understand the setting because it is not vary descriptive and it is bland.
Lammart Poels
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Urban Outlaws by Peter Jay Black talks about a group of kids who help other needy people. Because of that, an evil organization is after them, and the whole story is about the "Urban Outlaws"
Claude's Bookzone
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Kim Bahr
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A bit unrealistic, but an enjoyable read. (Student recommendation)
Liz Friend
The story: Five kids live in a hidden bunker under the streets of London. They're the Urban Outlaws, orphans living off the grid, each one using their special abilities to get away with Random Acts of Kindness while staying one step ahead of their enemies--the people whose money they've stolen to finance their good deeds. But when they "transfer" a cool million from criminal mastermind Del Sarto, it doesn't take long before they realize that this time, they may have bitten off more than they can ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Lost City (Jaguar Stones #4)
  • De eerste bron
  • Outlaw
  • Steam and Stratagem
  • The Eye of Midnight
  • Valley of Kings (TombQuest, #3)
  • Choosing One Moment: A Time Travel Mystery
  • Winter's Bullet
  • To Catch a Cheat (The Great Greene Heist, #2)
  • Raising Rufus
  • A Dubious Crime (Colton Banyon Mysteries, #9)
  • Clara Barton: Angel of the Battlefield (The Treasure Chest #1)
  • Randoms (Randoms, #1)
  • The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black (The Young Inventors Guild, #1)
  • The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker (The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker, #1)
  • Ivy and the Meanstalk
  • Cici Reno #MiddleSchoolMatchMaker (Yoga Girls, #1)
  • 3 Below (Floors, #2)
Peter Jay Black loves gadgets, movies, and things that make him laugh so hard he thinks he might pass out. He went to an arts university and a career in IT followed. One day, a team of super-skilled kids popped into his head (the Urban Outlaws) and he brought them to life in a Hollywood apartment.

Urban Outlaws (5 books)
  • Blackout (Urban Outlaws, #2)
  • Lockdown (Urban Outlaws #3)
  • Counterstrike (Urban Outlaws, #4)
  • Shockwave (Urban Outlaws, #5)