Start by marking “Mountains Apart (Seasons of Alaska #1)” as Want to Read:
Mountains Apart (Seasons of Alaska #1)

Mountains Apart

(Seasons of Alaska #1)

Winning this battle could mean losing it all

San Diego workaholic Emily Hollings doesn't eat fish, doesn't wear flannel shirts and certainly doesn't fraternize with the enemy. So why is she finding herself charmed by Rankins, Alaska--her company's next development target--and the leader of its hostile opposition, Bering James?

She must be more burned-out than she thought. He
Published March 1st 2014 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about Mountains Apart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mountains Apart

Laurie
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I adored this book!! The storyline, setting, characters and conclusion were all well developed, and I remember thinking on several occasions how I couldn't believe this was the author's first novel. I thought it was so well written. There were laugh-out-loud moments, some treachery and deceit, and of course a sweet romance. The story flowed so nicely—I never felt bored. When you can get lost in a story you know it's a winner, and since that's what Mountains Apart did for me, I'd call it a ...more
Andrakay Pluid
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is light, down to earth, funny, and heartwarming. Once I started it I couldn't put it down. The main character is so relatable and her experiences are hilarious, while being a situation I could see myself in.
 Gigi Ann
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, romantic book, and one reason I really enjoyed it was the fact that it was a nice 'clean' romantic book to read.
Cathy
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about meeting under embarrassing circumstances:) Emily and Bering do not seemed destined to love each other. Everything she is trying to promote for her company threatens his livelihood and lifestyle...but they cannot ignore the attraction they feel for each other. I really enjoyed this romance in which the two main characters had much to learn from each other and their willingness to put aside their professional differences to get to know each other better. This is a great romance set in t ...more
Eliza Menlo
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mountains Apart was such a fun and easy read! I highly enjoyed it and have recommended to my friends and family. I found, while reading this wonderfully quarky and charming book, myself really able to relate to the characters. I love that Emily Hollings (main character) is so opposed to finding love with Bering. Along with Amanda and Tag, I hope to see more from Carol Ross. Hopefully a sequel will be on its way shortly...
T Benson
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this fun, sweet romance. I always like a romance book that really develops the relationship between the characters and this book did a fantastic job. While reading I found myself laughing at Emily and Bering and the way they tried to out do the other but always respecting the other's point of view. I read it in one day, I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a wholesome, sweet, funny romance.
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Kinda sounds like the movie New In Town, which I loved!
Kathy
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable book.

Content: Clean (one "adult" comment within the first few pages that was humorous)
Sylvia Idom
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
typical formula fiction--but a satisfying read
Hina Tabassum
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I guess, the shelves I have added this book in says it all.
J.R.
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a terrifically fun read! Thank you for giving me characters to love on, Ms. Ross. Emily made me giggle and Bering was just AWESOME. Adored this one.
Robin
Mar 30, 2016
Amanda
Jun 12, 2014
Carol Ross
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Pauline Trick
Sep 01, 2018
Slavica
May 13, 2017
Lila
Nov 16, 2016
USA Today and national bestselling author Carol Ross grew up in small-town America right between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains, in a place where you can go deep sea fishing in the morning and then hit the ski slopes the same afternoon. The daughter of free-range parents, she developed a love of adventure and the outdoors at a very early age. She’s grateful for the “research material” ...more

Seasons of Alaska (6 books)
  • A Case for Forgiveness (Seasons of Alaska #2)
  • If Not for a Bee (Seasons of Alaska #3)
  • A Family Like Hannah's (Seasons of Alaska #4)
  • Bachelor Remedy (Seasons of Alaska #5)
  • In the Doctor's Arms (Seasons of Alaska #6)