Start by marking “Fates For Apate (The Haberdashers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fates For Apate (The Haberdashers, #3)

Fates For Apate

(The Haberdashers #3)

She was sent to the Congress of Vienna with one simple mission. Observe and report on the Prussian delegation. What she hadn't expected was someone in the delegation observing her.

Georgiana "George" Lockhart grew up as a Haberdasher, one of the girls trained by Robert Bittlesworth to be both armed and dangerous. She has her first assignment through the Foreign Office a
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 315 pages
Published March 31st 2014 by Graythorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fates For Apate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fates For Apate

Start your review of Fates For Apate (The Haberdashers, #3)
Misty Baker
May 03, 2014 rated it liked it
**As Posted on KindleObsessed blog**

I once believed that there was nothing more frustrating than a cliffhanger ending. Turns out…I was wrong. Cliffhanger endings (for a lack of a better word) suck, but despite the irritation that comes with reading them, there remains a smidgen of hope that all will be resolved with a follow-up novel.

Endings that just stop? (Like a freight train hitting a brick wall.) Not so much. There is no “future.” It’s just over, and instead of feeling annoyed (due to a cli
Julie
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fates for Apate by Sue London is a 2014 Graythorn publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
BOOK BLURB:

JoRead
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bravo! I had almost forgotten what romance was all about. Truly an engaging read as it hold my attention from beginning to end. We have sarcastic, witty George (Gini, but only for her husband) and Cas (Casimir, but only for dear Gini) who meet at the Congress of Vienna, both with their own agenda. Both unable to give their heart openly and afraid to trust each other. As the story unfolds, Casimir stops holding back and gives himself completely, leaving him a bit discouraged that Gini, although i ...more
Vikki Vaught
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but because of the timing of the story, I think that it could have been better if the author had mentioned the Battle of Waterloo. It could have added to the historical elements of the story. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more from this talented author.
AnnMarie
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Haberdasher Series and this time the story is about Georgiana, George to her friends. She is the third member of the Haberdashers and the only one not married. She has been training with her haberdasher sister, Sabre's brother, Robert, to work for the home office as a spy. She gets her first assignment and is sent abroad to the Congress of Vienna to observe and report back on the Prussian delegation.

That is where she meets Casimir Rokiczana, one of the aforementione
Deanna Stanley
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is book 3 in the Haberdashers series, and while you can read it as a stand alone, it's better with knowledge of the prior two books. In fact, go reread the first two books before hitting this one, otherwise you're going to miss a pile of references.

This time the story focuses on George, the third member of the Haberdashers club. As was alluded to at the end of book 2, George is a spy for England. And in this book we get to see her first mission. Which begins with love at first dance... Or a
Diane Lang
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up far too late reading this book . . . always a hazard with Sue's books! :-)

This is George's story, the last of the three Haberdashers. She is equally intelligent, with a caustic wit and many secrets. After spending a couple of years learning the spy trade under Robert Bittlesworth, she is sent to the Congress of Vienna to learn what she can. There she meets the totally delightful Casimir Rokiczana, who is with the Prussian delegation though his true dedication is to Poland. George and C
Molly
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Tracy Emro
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Loved Casimir! Loved, loved, loved him!

He is the making of this book - hands down my favorite hero in the series (although Gideon is a very close second). I was intrigued by him from the start - who was he, what were his secrets etc etc etc. Ms London did not disappoint. He was all I imagined and more!

George was harder for me to like. I didn't like that she was so secretive. I know as a spy she had to keep secrets - but hers went well beyond that. It was sad that she never trusted anyo
Pontiki
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The introduction of Casimir, a Prussian spy, adds a new twist to the political and adventurous aspect of this series. Of course, all the characters I love are here, the Haberdashers and their husbands, the brothers Bittlesworth, and George's family as well.

A bit more serious than the first two books, and a bit less sensible, in that Gini keeps doubting Casimir because she fears she can't trust him, even though he gives her no reason not to. He's also waiting for her to say she loves him, and al
Barbara
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of the Haberdashers books that I have read, getting it from the Kindle lending library. It was then I realized there were #1 and #2 but decided to go ahead and read it anyway. I enjoyed it very much as I like the regency genre and have enjoying several books now about female spys during that era. Several reviews I read said books #1 and #2 were better so I am looking forward to them now. Read the book in 2 days altho it helped the electric went off for several hours last night! ...more
Wendy Tavenner
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the 3rd installment. Georgina known as George is a spy for Britain. She us sent to Vienna to gather information as a married women. She meets Casimir and he falls in love with her but won't act on it because he thinks she's married. George has to leave and fearing for her life Casimir follows her. A great story with a wonderful ending!!
Carol
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Third book in series. Love these strong women! I also love the men they find ☺️. This story like the others has great character development and enough plot twists to keep you turning the pages. I can't wait to read more for this series.
Tamara
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the romance between the characters here. I do not typically enjoy spy novels, but this swept me up. This is a great addition to the series. I just wish it did not have to end, or at least not so abruptly.
Sheila
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finally George

Having read the first two books I was looking forward to meeting her and learning her mysterious history. Which turned out to be nothing when compared to Casimir. Interesting setting in Vienna.
Tracy Zullo
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 - So much of this happens before the other two books that it took a while for me to get into it. It also felt like too much of the story was left untold (separate from the love story)
Veronica A Pitts
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
An Enjoyable Experience

I chose this rating for the series. I enjoyed all three. I liked all of the caricatures in this series. Thank you Sue London
Cara Group
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love these books - great characters!
Ms. Christine Piekarski
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Can see the potential for more stories about the Haberdashers. Loved the strong female theme of the story.
Aarati
Fates for Apate by Sue London is the third book in the Haberdashers series. I liked it well,enough, but there were some things that could have been done better.

Georgiana 'George' Lockhart is one of the Haberdashers. Trained by Robert Bittlesworth to be armed and dangerous. She is one of his very good agents and is finally given her first true assignment.

All George has to do was pose as Mrs. Gina Appleton in the Congress of Vienna and observe and report on the Prussian delegation. She never expe
Judy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fates for Apate by Sue London
Haberdashers Series Book Three
Georgiana Lockhart, better known as George to her Haberdasher sisters, is on a mission. As an agent of the Crown she has been well-trained. Her mission is to gather information and it wasn’t supposed to be how well Casimir could kiss her and sweep her off her feet. At least she has her pretend marriage to help her resist him. Right.

Casimir Rokiczana is determined to help his country regain its freedom. He doesn’t expect to meet and fall
Pat
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of this series was an enjoyable read. It was not as light and flirty as Book 1, but it was not as dark and heavy as Book 2. It has got a healthy does of drama and suspense with a nice portion of emotion and love. I blame emotionally connected to both George and Casimir. I would have liked to have had a little more insight into Casimir, but I still loved his character.

There was good action throughout the book, and it moved along at a steady pace. As I came to the end of the book I was left
Amy
Sep 08, 2016 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars. Really terrible drop-off of an ending. Entertaining enough read until it seems like someone walked away with the rest of the book...
Maria
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Casimir and George were good together, but I loved the first two books better. The revelation of Casimir' s background took too long to be revealed. Also, the book ended on a cliff hanger to me. I felt like I read half a book that did not go anywhere. That was sad to me. It feels like their journey is incomplete and for that reason I unfortunately could not rate it any higher. George deserved better in her story, It is just incomplete. I have read all of this author's books and the small Novella ...more
Sandy Digger
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly good

I loved the background the story was set against. Somewhat different from the other Haberdasher's stories, but definitely full of intrigue. How two people with such trust issues can make a successful match is amazing. It moved a bit slow through the time in Vienna but moved on rather quickly afterwards. Casemir turns out to be a romantic man who cares for Georgie or Gini as he called her, in such a sweetly protective manner you can't help but like him. Very good.
Mary
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I have read all of the Haberdashers books including the tweens. I have adored them all but this one, not so much. I loved the first two thirds when George and Casimir were in Vienna but once they were in London, it made me squirm. I wanted to hit Jack and Saber. And my sympathy for George dimmed considerably. But Ms London's men were still true to character, wonderful, sexy, etc! If this is the first you have read by Ms London, run, don't walk to start at the beginning with Jack's story!
Ann
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
The story and ending were both very rushed in my opinion. The time on the continent was mostly glossed over. Then the ending just sort of smacked you, I really didn't expect it to end there.
Yolonda
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this story. It was not as good as the first two in series.
Jessica Duet
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good. I like Casimar and George. Loved that they didn't let things get in their way. Can't wait to read the next one.
Elizabeth
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Good start then it slows down

A HR/ spy novel should be exciting and this one is fun and exciting until about half way through the book when it slows down and drags. 2.5 stars

• The Lady's Dangerous Love (The Langley Sisters #6)
  • The Spy Who Seduced Her (The Brethren, #1)
  • Lady In Disguise (The Langley Sisters, #1)
  • To Madden a Marquess (Lords of London #2)
  • Cora's Pride (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • Belle of the Ball  (Desperate and Daring, #2)
  • The Love List (Half Moon House #1)
  • The Duke's Bride (Regency Brides, #1)
  • Cowboy Bodyguard (Gold Country Cowboys #3)
  • Silver Storm (Raveneau, #1)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Lady Hathaway's Indecent Proposal (Hathaway Heirs #1)
  • The Last Man in London (Rogues & Gentlemen #9)
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
  • The Forbidden Duke (The Untouchables, #1)
  • Road Trip with Remington Beagle: Michigan to Alaska and Back
  • Mail Order Bride Amelia (Silver River Brides #1)
  • Fever Claim (The Sigma Menace #1)
Best selling author Sue London created the beloved Regency romance series The Haberdashers. If you like your historical romance with a little action, a little humor, and a lot of strong-minded women, then this is the series for you!

Recent reader reactions:
"Sue London is a very gifted writer. I always enjoy reading her books." ~ Annie
"It was so well written, and the storyline is wonderfully thrilli

The Haberdashers (6 books)
  • Trials of Artemis (The Haberdashers, #1)
  • Athena's Ordeal (The Haberdashers, #2)
  • Saving Persephone (The Haberdashers, #4)
  • Taming Chiron
  • Pheme's Regret (The Haberdashers, #6)

News & Interviews