Start by marking “Ready or Not (Ready, #4)” as Want to Read:

(Ready #4)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  1,844 Ratings  ·  146 Reviews
Ready or not...
Here comes love.

Single father, Jackson Reid has his hands full with all the responsibilities and shenanigans of his prepubescent son. And his exotic and free-spirited neighbor doesn't make it any easier. With her wild and new age lifestyle, self-made success story, Liv Prescott, drives him insane, but still manages to leave him aching in more ways than one.

W
Published December 2nd 2014 (first published November 27th 2014)

~ Becs ~
Oh, God! I really wanted to love this one. I adore the author and really liked the characters but this kind of dragged a little for me, despite Liv, the heroine, being as close to me in writing as I'm ever likely to see!

This has been a fabulous series and I've loved and still love all the characters and really did adore Liv and Jackson but I just found my attention drifting a little with the story which seemed far slower and quite a lot less intense than the previous books in this series.

I don't
Lyndy Ann ♫
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Ready or Not is the fourth book in the Ready series this is Liv's story, Liv is Mia's friend from Ready for You.

Liv get's a possible new patient 11 year old Noah who has a sexy dad Jackson but Liv has a rule no dating a patients dad even though it is lust at first sight for them both.

When Liv goes home and see her flower beds have been trampled she is furious and goes next door to give her new neighbour a piece of her mind but when the door opens it is Jackson standing there so their relationshi
Dali
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly sweet, sexy and endearing story that will make you swoon while your eReader melts with the attraction that flows between the characters.

After her parents distanced themselves because of differences in opinion regarding Liv’s goals, she has worked hard at making a good and happy life for herself. She’s made a family of her own with her friends and is content having causal relationships.

Jackson Reid is a hardworking, single father whose most important priority is his son Noah. He wan
Kara
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a great neighbors love story.
Mara De Guzman
★★★★★
5 Oreo Milkshake Stars
ARC received for an honest review

J.L. Berg did it for me again and as much as I loved the first books in the Ready series (Books 2 & 3 because I haven't read 1 yet but no worries because I have it and I'm just scared to cry like a baby when I read it), Ready or Not is a refreshing and somehow "lighter" reading experience for me.

A single parent, Jackson Reid and his son Noah just moved in right next door to Olivia Prescott's house. Olivia, the quirky, fun best frien
Kim
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
She might be the girl next door, but she was definitely not my girl next door. I needed normal and Liv with the vibrant tattoo and crazy flower beds seemed to be anything but.

We met Liv in Ready for You as she is Mia's feisty, sassy friend. She meets Jackson, a newly relocated bachelor when he brings his son, Noah into her counseling office. But she finds out later that they are also her new neighbors. After a couple of neighborly squabbles and incidents, full out turf war is waged.

Jackson's li
☀️*•*•*☀️CoNnOrBeLl☀️*•*•*☀️
 photo 165120791_zpsgzdmqser.gif

description

I really enjoy this book, Jackson was a great hero and I love how he was with his son Noah. In the start of the book how Jackson and Liv found out that they where neighbors it was really funny she was so uptight she needed whatever she got from him. He was really trying to fight his feelings for Liv because of what his ex-girlfriend did to him and his son and I got that. But when he figured out that he couldn't fight his feelings for Liv he fell hard for her and put his all in it.

For most of th
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok….I’m going to say this and then *duck & hide*. This was officially my first J.L. berg book and now I’m hungry for MORE! Ready or Not can be read as a stand alone however now I find my self aching to know the other characters and read their stories as well!

This is one of those books that will have you experiencing a range of emotions. Liv and Jackson will have you hating them and then laughing at their antics two sentences later. You will cry…not ugly cry per se but you will have tears str
Rachel
Overall rating: 5 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Carra
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The short and sweet version? Loved it! Now for the rest...and I'll preface this by telling you up front that I haven't had a chance to read anything else in this series. The author does an excellent job of writing this as a standalone though, giving you enough backstory as you're reading to get a good idea of how the other characters got to where they are now.

But Ready or Not is all about Olivia and Jackson, both with their own past issues to overcome and both characters written so well that you
Mary
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-l-berg
J. L. Berg has done it once again. I loved Liv and Jackson's story. It takes a special person to persevere on their own when they are raised with wealth and privilege and just throws it all away to become their own person and make it on their own. It takes and equally special person to be left with an infant and become a single father. He had to finish school to become a lawyer and raise his son. What happens when these 2 very special people come together? 2 very headstrong opinionated, set in t ...more
Evette
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was wonderful- funny, sweet, lots of tears and so many smiles. I heart JL HARD!
This story is what JL does best, a true modern love story.
Ready or Not is Liv, Jackson and Noah's story. A beautiful depiction of love and family, friendship and taking that chance, the one that may make or break you.
Noah is just incredible, the way he completes and helps to rebuild Liv's heart from day one. Noah and Jackson have to figure out their roles that are evolving as Liv joins their life and Noah grows o
Darcy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, e-book, romance
I liked the way that this one started out, loved the low grade animosity between Jackson and Liv that turned into an all out prank war. It brought some fun into their lives, which they sorely needed. I liked how their relationship slowly built and that Noah was included in things.

I thought Jackson fit in well with the group of friends and loved how he interacted with them, especially with Declan who was always there to give him advice. I hated what Liv learned about her parents, but was glad th
~Steph K~
**ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review by the girls and I at www.sizzlingpages.com **

I have a lot
of book boyfriends - I'll admit it - but let me tell you, I'm throwing them all
to the side - because Jackson Reid is my perfect man.   I dare you to disagree with me, and try to find a
flaw with him, because you won't.

Jackson, a
single father to Noah, moves in next door to Liv.   From the very first day he moves in is where the adventure of their relationship
start
Bozica
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the series and I’ll miss the entire gang. This series is effortless to read and easy to get lost in the lives of the wonderful characters.

The Hippie and the Lawyer. What an odd couple but I loved them and the pranks Jackson’s and Liv played on each throughout.

I would have enjoyed an epilogue with a more forward look into their future together like we got in the other 3 books.
J.E. Benoit
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘The Finnegans didn’t define family as a last name or bloodline. Family was being with loved ones, and everyone in this room – whether the last name was Finnegan, James, Matthews, or even Prescott, like me – was considered family.’

That. That right up there is the reason I love this series so much. J.L. Berg has created such a wonderful cast of characters, and whether they are related by blood or simply friendship they have come together to form this incredible family that loves and supports one
Rebecca
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
There’s not a J.L. Berg story that I don’t enjoy, and the fourth book in her Ready series is no exception. I always know going in that I’m going to get a sweet and sexy read that has a bit of drama and a few complications and a great blend of characters who grow into well developed heroes and heroines by the time the story ends.

This time around, readers get to witness Olivia Prescott, Mia’s best friend from book four, work to find her happily ever after, even if she fights it every step of the w
Cocktails and Books
Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. I loved Jackson. His good old boy Southern charm and his personality won me over almost immediately. Of all the heroes in the Ready series, I think it's Jackson who give Logan the biggest run for best male.

Liv and Jackson have something pretty special, even if Liv doesn't initially want to see it. After their initial meeting, which didn't go well, these neighbors found themselves drawn to one another. Whether it was to issue a challenge or to just chat with one anothe
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Olivia "Liv" Prescott is a senator’s daughter who left to start a life of her own away from the limelight of politics. Single father, Jackson Reid, who inherited his grandmother’s house, and his son, Noah are new comers in town. This is the story of two people making and settling in an area to call home.

“There are always going to be people in our lives who will ruin us and pull us down into our own personal hell, but then there are the ones who will build us back up and help restore us to what
London
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
description
Title: Ready or Not (Reader #4)
Series: Standalone series
Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .No.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

Cute easy read with very low angst. I won't get into doing a recap of the story because it's pretty much summed up in the blurb. In typical
Tangerine
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

3.5-4 ★s

I enjoyed this book and I've enjoyed this series as a whole. I absolutely loved this family! This was a sweet, cute, nice, slow (a little too slow at times) read. I'll definitely read the next one.
♡Ann  Matalines♡
Enjoyed the smugness of DECLAN JAMES and Logan.

Margie's Must Reads
My favorite of the series so far! LOVED IT!
Joyce
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING! Like I didn't expect anything less from the talented J.L. Berg. She is such a talented author that pulls us in such sweet and romantic love stories. And this one was no exception. Liv is a Senator daughter. She is classy yet shows uniqueness and flair. She is such a unique character with her taste and style that you can't help but love. Jackson is just so sweet and nice. I wish I could meet him in person to hear his accent. This book was so cute and funny as well. I love t ...more
Jeanique
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
So...I've been itching to read a good dad with kids love story. I've realised all my KA books where there are dads with kids don't necessarily have a strong emphasis on the relationship forming between the h and kid/s (why would it? it's a romantic story between the adults so duh!) but regardless that's what I wanted to read.

This book was nice. Liked it, didn't love it.
PChie
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: so-so
I enjoyed it but I didn't love it, maybe because it's the 4th among this series. Although I still want to read Leah and Declan's story, I think it's more interesting...
Kahlan
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this whole series.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

3.5 Ready Stars!!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author

Let's start with I absolutely love this series and it is one of my favorites for sure but I unfortunately didn't love this book as much as the others in the series. It had all the elements which I liked from the others but I didn't feel the deep connection as much, because everything escalated too quickly.

Liv the free spirited friend meets a hot dad of one of child patients then all of a sudden he's her jerk neighbor, where th
Chu
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have always, always loved JL Berg's story, and looking forward every time she is about to release a new one. Just like the rest of the Ready Series, I was captivated, I swooned and fell in love with Liv & Jackson.

Liv may came from a wealthy and powerful family, but she prefers her simple and hip lifestyle. She's a fighter and a hard-worker. She's the type of character you will easily like, and there was really no reason not to. I like her easy demeanor, the way she handled "tweens" as Jack
  • I'll Take A Chance (Running Into Love, #2)
  • Promise Me Forever (Promise Me, #1.5)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Need to Love You (Love, #6)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • A Beautiful Thought (Beautiful, #5)
  • Unforgiven (Unbreakable, #3)
  • Running Away with You (Running, #3)
  • Without a Trace (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #3)
  • Melody of the Heart (Runaway Train, #4)
  • Fighting to Survive (Guarded Hearts, #3)
  • Keeping Alex (An Unexpected Fate, #1)
  • Next to Forever (Never Letting Go, #3)
  • The Only Way (The Martelli Brothers, #3)
  • Now Leaving Sugartown (Sugartown, #4)
  • Untitled (Beautiful, #3)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Irons 2 (Norfolk, #2)
J.L. Berg is the USA Today bestselling author of the Ready series, the Walls duet and the Lost & Found series. She is a California native living in the beautiful state of historic Virginia. Married to her high school sweetheart, they have two beautiful girls that drive them batty on a daily basis. When she's not writing, you will find her cuddled up, watching a movie with her family, obsessing ...more

Ready (4 books)
  • When You're Ready (Ready, #1)
  • Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)
  • Ready for You (Ready, #3)
“Look at that eye-candy you literally have right out your window. Why aren’t you glued to this plate of glass, eating popcorn and posting Instagram photos?” 1 likes