Start by marking “Ready or Not (Ready, #4)” as Want to Read:

Ready or Not (Ready #4)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,568 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Ready or not...
Here comes love.

Single father, Jackson Reid has his hands full with all the responsibilities and shenanigans of his prepubescent son. And his exotic and free-spirited neighbor doesn't make it any easier. With her wild and new age lifestyle, self-made success story, Liv Prescott, drives him insane, but still manages to leave him aching in more ways than one.

Published December 2nd 2014 (first published November 27th 2014)

~ Becs ~
Oh, God! I really wanted to love this one. I adore the author and really liked the characters but this kind of dragged a little for me, despite Liv, the heroine, being as close to me in writing as I'm ever likely to see!

This has been a fabulous series and I've loved and still love all the characters and really did adore Liv and Jackson but I just found my attention drifting a little with the story which seemed far slower and quite a lot less intense than the previous books in this series.

I don't
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 11, 2016 Lyndy Ann ♫ rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Ready or Not is the fourth book in the Ready series this is Liv's story, Liv is Mia's friend from Ready for You.

Liv get's a possible new patient 11 year old Noah who has a sexy dad Jackson but Liv has a rule no dating a patients dad even though it is lust at first sight for them both.

When Liv goes home and see her flower beds have been trampled she is furious and goes next door to give her new neighbour a piece of her mind but when the door opens it is Jackson standing there so their relationshi
Dec 30, 2014 Dali rated it it was amazing
An incredibly sweet, sexy and endearing story that will make you swoon while your eReader melts with the attraction that flows between the characters.

After her parents distanced themselves because of differences in opinion regarding Liv’s goals, she has worked hard at making a good and happy life for herself. She’s made a family of her own with her friends and is content having causal relationships.

Jackson Reid is a hardworking, single father whose most important priority is his son Noah. He wan
Oct 20, 2015 Kara rated it really liked it
I love a great neighbors love story.
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Jan 04, 2015 Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~ rated it really liked it
Ok….I’m going to say this and then *duck & hide*. This was officially my first J.L. berg book and now I’m hungry for MORE! Ready or Not can be read as a stand alone however now I find my self aching to know the other characters and read their stories as well!

This is one of those books that will have you experiencing a range of emotions. Liv and Jackson will have you hating them and then laughing at their antics two sentences later. You will cry…not ugly cry per se but you will have tears str
 photo 165120791_zpsgzdmqser.gif

I really enjoy this book, Jackson was a great hero and I love how he was with his son Noah. In the start of the book how Jackson and Liv found out that they where neighbors it was really funny she was so uptight she needed whatever she got from him. He was really trying to fight his feelings for Liv because of what his ex-girlfriend did to him and his son and I got that. But when he figured out that he couldn't fight his feelings for Liv he fell hard for her and put his all in it.

For most of th
Nov 23, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
She might be the girl next door, but she was definitely not my girl next door. I needed normal and Liv with the vibrant tattoo and crazy flower beds seemed to be anything but.

We met Liv in Ready for You as she is Mia's feisty, sassy friend. She meets Jackson, a newly relocated bachelor when he brings his son, Noah into her counseling office. But she finds out later that they are also her new neighbors. After a couple of neighborly squabbles and incidents, full out turf war is waged.

Jackson's li
Mara De Guzman

5 Oreo Milkshake Stars
ARC received for an honest review

J.L. Berg did it for me again and as much as I loved the first books in the Ready series (Books 2 & 3 because I haven't read 1 yet but no worries because I have it and I'm just scared to cry like a baby when I read it), Ready or Not is a refreshing and somehow "lighter" reading experience for me.

A single parent, Jackson Reid and his son Noah just moved in right next door to Olivia Prescott's house. Olivia, the quirky, fun best friend of
Dec 07, 2014 Carra rated it it was amazing
The short and sweet version? Loved it! Now for the rest...and I'll preface this by telling you up front that I haven't had a chance to read anything else in this series. The author does an excellent job of writing this as a standalone though, giving you enough backstory as you're reading to get a good idea of how the other characters got to where they are now.

But Ready or Not is all about Olivia and Jackson, both with their own past issues to overcome and both characters written so well that you
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 5 stars!

Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Dec 16, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-l-berg
J. L. Berg has done it once again. I loved Liv and Jackson's story. It takes a special person to persevere on their own when they are raised with wealth and privilege and just throws it all away to become their own person and make it on their own. It takes and equally special person to be left with an infant and become a single father. He had to finish school to become a lawyer and raise his son. What happens when these 2 very special people come together? 2 very headstrong opinionated, set in t ...more
Dec 15, 2014 Evette rated it it was amazing
This was wonderful- funny, sweet, lots of tears and so many smiles. I heart JL HARD!
This story is what JL does best, a true modern love story.
Ready or Not is Liv, Jackson and Noah's story. A beautiful depiction of love and family, friendship and taking that chance, the one that may make or break you.
Noah is just incredible, the way he completes and helps to rebuild Liv's heart from day one. Noah and Jackson have to figure out their roles that are evolving as Liv joins their life and Noah grows o
Jan 13, 2015 Darcy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2015
I liked the way that this one started out, loved the low grade animosity between Jackson and Liv that turned into an all out prank war. It brought some fun into their lives, which they sorely needed. I liked how their relationship slowly built and that Noah was included in things.

I thought Jackson fit in well with the group of friends and loved how he interacted with them, especially with Declan who was always there to give him advice. I hated what Liv learned about her parents, but was glad th
Cocktails and Books
Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. I loved Jackson. His good old boy Southern charm and his personality won me over almost immediately. Of all the heroes in the Ready series, I think it's Jackson who give Logan the biggest run for best male.

Liv and Jackson have something pretty special, even if Liv doesn't initially want to see it. After their initial meeting, which didn't go well, these neighbors found themselves drawn to one another. Whether it was to issue a challenge or to just chat with one anothe
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Dec 11, 2014 Babbling Chatter Reads rated it really liked it
Olivia "Liv" Prescott is a senator’s daughter who left to start a life of her own away from the limelight of politics. Single father, Jackson Reid, who inherited his grandmother’s house, and his son, Noah are new comers in town. This is the story of two people making and settling in an area to call home.

“There are always going to be people in our lives who will ruin us and pull us down into our own personal hell, but then there are the ones who will build us back up and help restore us to what
Dec 20, 2014 London rated it really liked it
Title: Ready or Not (Reader #4)
Series: Standalone series
Heat/Steam 2/5
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .No.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)

Cute easy read with very low angst. I won't get into doing a recap of the story because it's pretty much summed up in the blurb. In typical
Dec 15, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
There’s not a J.L. Berg story that I don’t enjoy, and the fourth book in her Ready series is no exception. I always know going in that I’m going to get a sweet and sexy read that has a bit of drama and a few complications and a great blend of characters who grow into well developed heroes and heroines by the time the story ends.

This time around, readers get to witness Olivia Prescott, Mia’s best friend from book four, work to find her happily ever after, even if she fights it every step of the w
Jamie Benoit
Dec 03, 2014 Jamie Benoit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘The Finnegans didn’t define family as a last name or bloodline. Family was being with loved ones, and everyone in this room – whether the last name was Finnegan, James, Matthews, or even Prescott, like me – was considered family.’

That. That right up there is the reason I love this series so much. J.L. Berg has created such a wonderful cast of characters, and whether they are related by blood or simply friendship they have come together to form this incredible family that loves and supports one
~Steph~Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
**ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review by the girls and I at **

I have a lot
of book boyfriends - I'll admit it - but let me tell you, I'm throwing them all
to the side - because Jackson Reid is my perfect man. I dare you to disagree with me, and try to find a
flaw with him, because you won't.

Jackson, a
single father to Noah, moves in next door to Liv. From the very first day he moves in is where the adventure of their relationship
♡Ann  Matalines♡
Enjoyed the smugness of DECLAN JAMES and Logan.

Jun 01, 2016 Pboswell rated it it was amazing

Okay, these two were a lot of fun from the very beginning. Playing pranks on one another and Noah playing both teams was so freaking cute. These three became an instant family by starting out as friends who fulfilled the missing pieces for one another.

Jackson needed to be reminded that while he loved his job, he also needed to fulfill his passion/purpose in life. He always kept Noah first (which only good parents do) but Liv gave him the love and support he neede
Garden Of REden
Jul 07, 2015 Garden Of REden rated it really liked it
I have been a huge fan of the Ready Series since its beginning and Ready or Not is just another shining example of JL Berg’s immense talent.
Ready or Not gives us the story of Liv and Jackson. Jackson has just moved to town with his son Noah. Liv, who we met as Mia’s best friend is Ready For You, is a psychologist who helps Noah deal with the stress of starting over in a new place. Little do Liv and Jackson realize, they are also next-door neighbors.

Liv and Jackson do not get off to the best sta
Bette Stanek
Apr 12, 2015 Bette Stanek rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4 Pink Flamingo Stars. This is the latest in the Ready series and is as incredibly sweet and endearing as the others. The story grabs you from page one. It is a hard one to put down, just like all the others.

Liv had led a privileged life until she told her parents she had a different idea for her future than they did. She's been on her own ever since. She's also become a successful counselor, running her own business. Her professional life is just where she wants it to be and while she'd like a
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
I love The Ready Series by J.L. Berg and when I got the chance to review this book, I was so happy :) Well, it didn't disappoint. The story is definitely interesting and captivating and it is full with twists that will keep you guessing :)

I loved the beginning of the story when Jackson and Liv met and they were acting like kids around each other :D That was definitely a lot of fun with all the antics they pulled at each other :D But after that, when they finally started seeing eye to eye, it wa
FMR Book Grind
Dec 27, 2014 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
Review by Heather

Olivia (Liv) Prescott is a free spirited psychologist who has a tattoo, wears flowy dresses and marches to the beat of her own drummer. Not in a place to settle down she has her share of dates but never someone worth settling down with.

One morning Liv wakes up to find that the moving company who is moving her new neighbor into the house next door tramples and destroys Liv’s flower bed. A pissed off Liv goes next door and when Jackson Reid opens the door…well let’s just say spar
Dec 16, 2014 Gemma rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

Ready or not is book #4 In the Ready Series. This is the first book I have read by this author and I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review so here goes...

This book is cute, it's not a complicated read that makes you think hard and consider the plot from five different angles. Ready or Not is simply good romance.

This book is a standalone and I read and enjoyed it without any back-story to the other charac
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Dec 11, 2014 Jodie's W.I.N.E. List rated it it was amazing
This book is part of a series, but I have not read the any of the rest of the series ... yet. I enjoyed it enough that I purchased the others in the series and will be enjoying them soon. I could tell it was part of a series, but not knowing anything about the characters did not keep me from understanding this book at all. It can easily be read as a stand alone.

I loved Liv and Jackson. The witty banter between them (especially in the beginning) kept this entertaining. I found myself laughing out
Ashley Jasper
Dec 11, 2014 Ashley Jasper rated it really liked it
I have been, not so patiently, waiting for this book since I heard it was going to be released. I am a huge fan of the Ready series and have been in love with all of the books since it started.

This book follows Liv, Mia's best friend, and Jackson. I loved how quirky Liv was and how Jackson responded to her with southern charm. Noah was also extremely likeable. I enjoyed how his struggle carried over into both Jackson and Liv's everyday lives. I really liked how bonding with Noah brought both Li
Dec 08, 2014 ChuCha rated it it was amazing
I have always, always loved JL Berg's story, and looking forward every time she is about to release a new one. Just like the rest of the Ready Series, I was captivated, I swooned and fell in love with Liv & Jackson.

Liv may came from a wealthy and powerful family, but she prefers her simple and hip lifestyle. She's a fighter and a hard-worker. She's the type of character you will easily like, and there was really no reason not to. I like her easy demeanor, the way she handled "tweens" as Jack
Dec 05, 2014 Lynette rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an ARC from the author for an honest review.

Let me start by saying I LOVE the Ready Series. I have read all the books and each one is a wonderful read.

Ready or Not is another great Ready book! I recommend reading these books in order, so you know who the characters are.

Olivia is a non settle down, no commitment girl. She loves her job, her friends and plans to stay on her current track until she meets Jackson. The new neighbor next door. They have instant chemistry although Olivia
  • I'll Take A Chance (Running Into Love, #2)
  • Promise Me Forever (Promise Me, #1.5)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Need to Love You (Love, #6)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • A Beautiful Thought (Beautiful, #5)
  • Unforgiven (Unbreakable, #3)
  • Running Away with You (Running, #3)
  • Without a Trace (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #3)
  • Melody of the Heart (Runaway Train, #4)
  • Fighting to Survive (Guarded Hearts, #3)
  • Untitled
  • Next to Forever (Never Letting Go, #3)
  • The Only Way (The Martelli Brothers, #3)
  • Now Leaving Sugartown (Sugartown, #4)
  • Untitled (Beautiful, #3)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Irons 2 (Norfolk, #2)
I’m a California native, who lives in the South – Virginia to be exact. I still prefer sushi to fried chicken, avocados to okra, and I absolutely loathe humidity. I do love watching the seasons change though. My husband and I have been here for ten years, and I still get giddy like a school girl every time it snows.

I’m married to my high school sweetheart. We were married young, barely out of high
More about J.L. Berg...

Ready (4 books)
  • When You're Ready (Ready, #1)
  • Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)
  • Ready for You (Ready, #3)

“Look at that eye-candy you literally have right out your window. Why aren’t you glued to this plate of glass, eating popcorn and posting Instagram photos?” 0 likes