Start by marking “It's a Punderful Life: A fun collection of puns and wordplay” as Want to Read:
It's a Punderful Life: A fun collection of puns and wordplay

It's a Punderful Life: A fun collection of puns and wordplay

Puns often mistakenly get a bad rep, but if they're good enough for Oscar Wilde and Shakespeare (whose work featured over 3000 puns), it's good enough for us. Hot off the back of her incredibly popular Monday Punday online series, Gemma Correll has surveyed her army of punning fans to create this hilarious collection of her best illustrated puns, as well as loads of new on ...more
Published February 13th 2014 by Dog n Bone (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about It's a Punderful Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Punderful Life

Siobhan
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was tempted to write a pun-filled review, but I’m really not that punny.

Whilst it was a nice enough quick read, it was nowhere near as amusing as I had expected it to be. I gave one or two giggles, and that was about it.

Short and sweet, but not the best collection of puns.
Mehsi
First up, I want to thank my boyfriend for giving this to me as a Birthday Present, thanks dear! So happy with this one!

I just love puns (even the bad ones, though I will groan and shake my head at them), some people are just really creative with coming up with them. I spotted this book on Goodreads after I read another pun book. I just knew I had to have it. Gemma Correll's art is wonderful, she is one of my favourite artists, and I just had to know what kind of puns she made/drew.

And I can tel
Britt
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good puns
Kayly
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leelo en kel ni sueñes con comprarlo.
Krystal
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-perfect
10/10
PUNS ARE LIFE AND THESE PICTURES ARE TOO DAMN CAAAAA-YOOOOOOTE <3 <3 <3
VeganMedusa
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour, library-copy
Very cute. Even my pun-hating partner and son couldn't resist it.

description
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. Great gift.
Sage
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was so punny, that I almost punned my punts.
Molly
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, 2016
Gemma Correll's drawings are both adorable and hilarious.
Jane
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas-2016
Some made me shake my head. Some made me chuckle. I love a good pun!
Jack
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book "It's a Punderful Life: A Fun Collection of Puns and Wordplay" by Gemma Correll is a 64 page book that can put a smile on anyones face! I got as a Christmas present and as I started to read it, I started to feel so silly that I was cracking up about some of these puns! For example, there is a photo of a bucket of cream that is saying that nobody appreciates it, and then at the top it says "Sour Cream." I was giggling to myself on that one, but I cracked up on the next one! The next one ...more
Lauren
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for a friend and after I gave him the present, we ended up reading it together.
It was such a gloomy day but this book definitely cheered me up! Puns never fail to put a smile on my face and I laughed aloud a few times just because I couldn't help myself--some of them were just that funny. Adorable pictures and witty lines. It was positively adorable.
I definitely recommend this book. It's such a sweet gift to give and receive, or even buy for yourself.
Vonia
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
The illustrations finish a lovely little collection of play on words... Not all great quality... But some made it all worth the entireties (I.e., Nom De Plum for The name of a purple fruit, Complex Carbohydrates for Existentialists & overly emotional breads, etcetera)... Again, even the more obvious ones deserved credit for creative illustrations...
Brandy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of my Christmas presents (thanks, Mom!) - a perfect combination of Gemma Correll's delightful illustrations and giggle-prompting puns. My only (minor) complaint is that it was over too fast (but I'm sure I'll pick it up off my shelves many times in the future to enjoy again).
Jocelyne
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a punderfully delightful book. If you're looking for a gift to give someone who has everything, here it is. They will laugh and maybe even have to think a bit. Everyone in my house ended up reading it.
Hannah Anderle
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pretty much anyone
Recommended to Hannah by: Grandma
Shelves: coffee-table, lol
Definitely one of my favorite "coffee table" books. The puns and illustrations are delightfully clever and at times nothing less than utterly hilarious! Fan of puns or not, you'd be missing out by not reading this little gem!
Jessica Kosai
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
So.. this book is in British English. I am American. Some of the puns were not immediately obvious for this reason. Silly me!

Also, it was way shorter than I thought it would be. Sorta disappointing.
Jade
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
It's very good but soooo short.
Kaitlyn Saunders
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super cute! This was an awesome find.
ػᶈᶏϾӗ
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
el oh el
Anne (Artsy Reading)
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
thought it would be funnier..... heh
Adan
Shelves: graphic-novels
Quite funny. I loved it.
BRAIN_QUEEN
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
bought this for david for christmas 2014 and it is hilarious.
Sean Morton
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Only takes about five minutes to read, but a hilarious read none the less. If you're a fan of really cheesy puns then I would recommend giving this a flick through.
Jeimy
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adore Gemma Correll!
Caleb Hunter
Oct 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Oh, the Places You'll Eff Up: A Parody for Your Twenties
  • Y Is for Yorick: A Slightly Irreverent Shakespearean ABC Book for Grown-Ups
  • Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives,   Ones That Got Away
  • Have a Little Pun: An Illustrated Play on Words (Book of Puns, Pun Gifts, Punny Gifts)
  • I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking
  • Thug Notes: A Street-Smart Guide to Classic Literature
  • Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails
  • The B Word: Bisexuality in Contemporary Film and Television
  • Publishing for Profit: Successful Bottom-Line Management for Book Publishers
  • Who's Up for Some Bonding?
  • In Defense of the Princess: How Plastic Tiaras and Fairytale Dreams Can Inspire Smart, Strong Women
  • Books Do Furnish a Room
  • Movies In Fifteen Minutes: The Ten Biggest Movies Ever For People Who Can't Be Bothered
  • Tales for Little Rebels: A Collection of Radical Children's Literature