Start by marking “Mindfulness and Grief: With Guided Meditations to Calm Your Mind and Restore Your Spirit” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  14 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Mindfulness & Grief is an eight-week guide using meditation, yoga, journaling and expressive arts, plus inspirational stories, to help you reduce suffering and emerge transformed on the other side of loss. This book will help you:

Ease your physical symptoms of grief
Calm your mind and help you regulate difficult emotions
Improve your present moment awareness
Increase
Published March 13th 2014 by CICO Books (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mindfulness and Grief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindfulness and Grief

Lisa
Apr 15, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mindfulness
This is a perfect guide for anyone who has ever experienced or is currently experiencing grief and loss of any kind. The information provided by Heather Stang is not only well researched but has been utilized in her practice with positive results and feedback from clients. The combination of practical, effective exercises and strategies with language that is compassionate and gentle make this a must have, must read and must use book for your collection! -Lisa C. M.S. Clinical Psychology-
Amanda
Jul 10, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
*initial thoughts*
Fairly helpful,although I struggled to actually complete it in 8 weeks (obviously, look at the time in which I read it). While I found some of the thoughts and journaling prompts very helpful, I found the guided meditations to be a struggle since I'd have to alternate between reading them and doing them. I tried to find them on the correlating website but couldn't.
Heather Cotton
Heather Cotton marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Stephan Pingel
Stephan Pingel marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Megan Rosati
Megan Rosati is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2016
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Renée
Renée marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Kareneliza
Kareneliza marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Rena Hu
Rena Hu marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
OrangeBee
OrangeBee marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Rebecca Jones
Rebecca Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Antonella
Antonella marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Betsy Baier
Betsy Baier rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Lynn Burchard
Lynn Burchard marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Priyanka
Priyanka marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Stephanie Scott
Stephanie Scott marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Colleen Musson
Colleen Musson rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Rachyrach_357
Rachyrach_357 marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Jillian
Jillian rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Margie
Margie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Review Request: Mindfulness & Grief 3 11 Jun 12, 2014 08:19AM
  • Mindfulness & Psychotherapy
  • The Art of Not Doing
  • LET'S TALK DEMENTIA-A Caregiver's Guide
  • Med Free Bipolar: Thrive Naturally using the Med Free Method (Med Free Method, #1)
  • Zooburbia: Meditations on the Wild Animals Among Us
  • 30 Ways To Better Days...How To Rally After You've Been Dumped
  • Reiki for Life (Updated Edition): The Complete Guide to Reiki Practice for Levels 1, 2 & 3
  • Do Not Go Quietly: A Guide to Living Consciously and Aging Wisely for People Who Weren't Born Yesterday
  • Thinking Like a Therapist: A Novel Overview of Psychotherapy
  • Yoga for Grief Relief: Simple Practices for Transforming Your Grieving Mind and Body
  • Speed Your Evolution: Become the Star Being You Are Meant to Be
  • Miracles & Mischief: Meringue for Your Brain
  • Wisdom, Madness and Folly: The Making of a Psychiatrist 1927-57
  • Transcending Anger: A handbook for those who wish to give up anger
  • Practice Makes Perfect: How One Doctor Found the Meaning of Lives
  • I Cried, You Didn't Listen: A Survivor's Expose of the California Youth Authority
  • POWER MUDRAS  Yoga Hand Postures for Women - New Edition
  • Paranoia to Possibility: Escape Small Thinking, Listen Like A Master, And Lead With Your Best
Heather Stang, M.A. is the author of Mindfulness & Grief. She holds a Masters degree in Thanatology (Death, Dying, and Bereavement) from Hood College in Maryland, and is a certified Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy practitioner. She leads mindfulness-based grief workshops for organizations such as the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and Hospice of Frederick County, and is a member of the As ...more
More about Heather Stang...

“Acceptance in the mindful context means that even when the unthinkable happens, we honor our self and our experience with dignity and kindness. Rather than turn our back on our own suffering, we treat ourselves as we would a beloved friend.” 0 likes