Start by marking “The Popcorn Report” as Want to Read:
The Popcorn Report

The Popcorn Report

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Free Delivery if order value from the seller is greater than 399. Used Book in good condition. No missing/ torn pages. No stains. Note: The above used product classification has been solely undertaken by the seller. Amazon shall neither be liable nor responsible for any used product classification undertaken by the seller. A-to-Z Guarantee not applicable on used products.
Published October 13th 1992 by Harper Paperbacks (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about The Popcorn Report, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Popcorn Report

Ginger Heskett
Jan 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Paulo Reimann
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lost the tempo

Probably my rating is unfair. The required reading was about 1992 max 3...and I did it about now 2017. Childish and obvious. Some megatrends are interesting.
C. Michael Massey
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
It seems like Popcorn got many of the cultural trend predictions correct when she published this book back in 1991 (about 21 years ago). However, the Internet was still in its early infancy, so she really didn't accurately predict the impact it would have on our lives. (i.e. - she suggested at one point that we might have "virtual reality" grocery stores where we'd put on equipment in our living room and walk through an imaginary market instead of trekking out of our homes and buying stuff. It s ...more
Yaaresse
Standard "I read this, but damned if I can remember exactly when or why or enough about it to make detail comments" disclaimer:
My rating is based solely on my memory of how much or little I enjoyed the book at that time. In some cases, "at that time" might mean before most Goodreads users were born. Then again, it could mean a couple years ago and that I have a lousy memory.

Your mileage may vary. Heck, given how all our tastes change over the years and the fickle nature of memory, my own mileage
Lynne Tull
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I read and journaled about this book at the end of 1996. It was publishing in 1991 Here are my notes.
"Paths to the Future"
7. Staying alive
8. The Vigilante Consumer
9. 99 Lives
10. S.O.S.- Save Our Society

She wrote a follow-up to this book in 1996, "Clicking".
Genesis Santos
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Published in 1991, The Popcorn Report is still one of the classic marketing books everybody should read. The trends are what they are now, and it's based on scientific research and further studies. These top ten trends listed still reflect the future of businesses, and start-ups, even small-to-medium enterprises.
Pratik Burman
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
First book that was mentioned during my MBA... Well written... bite size chapters... great consulting examples...
Steve Coscia
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Faith Popcorn predicted much of our new world back in the early 1990s. Social concepts such as cocooning and the search for fantasy/adventure were in this book. Amazing.
Denise Mitnick
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
She's unorthodox and right on with her hypotheses.
Nick Woodall
This book was spot-on! Faith Popcorn really did a great job in describing future events and how they would affect our lives. She was pretty close to getting it all right.
Kesley
Jun 16, 2010
Shirley
Apr 15, 2009
Bertrand
rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2015
Jola Washington
Nov 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Scenarios: The Art of Strategic Conversation
  • Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life
  • The Invisible Touch: The Four Keys to Modern Marketing
  • The United States of Wal-Mart
  • A New Brand World: Eight Principles for Achieving Brand Leadership in the Twenty-First Century
  • Life and Def: Sex, Drugs, Money, + God
  • The Numbers Game: The Commonsense Guide to Understanding Numbers in the News, in Politics, and in Life
  • We the Media: Grassroots Journalism by the People, for the People
  • The Age of Persuasion: How Marketing Ate Our Culture
  • Coercion: Why We Listen to What "They" Say
  • The Public Domain: Enclosing the Commons of the Mind
  • Consumer Behavior
  • A Consumers' Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America
  • The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done
  • Radical Careering : 100 Truths to Jumpstart Your Job, Your Career, and Your Life
  • One Market Under God: Extreme Capitalism, Market Populism, and the End of Economic Democracy
  • Rich Dad's Rich Kid, Smart Kid: Giving Your Children a Financial Headstart
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World