Start by marking “Visions in Death (In Death, #19)” as Want to Read:
Visions in Death (In Death, #19)

Visions in Death (In Death #19)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  19,015 Ratings  ·  574 Reviews
A New York Times BestsellerDetective Eve Dallas searches the darkest corners of Manhattan for an elusive killer with a passion for collecting souls . . .On one of the city's hottest nights, New York Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas is sent to Central Park - and into a hellish new investigation. The victim is found on the rocks, just above the still, dark water of the lake. Aro ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 540 pages
Published January 25th 2005 by Gale Group (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Visions in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visions in Death

Jilly
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
You remember that scene in the Alien movie where the alien comes bursting through that guy's stomach in a bloody, disgusting mess? I think this is Eve's idea of what happens in the delivery room during the miracle of birth. She is more than just a little freaked out that her bestie, Mavis, wants Eve to be there during the birth of her baby. Of course, Roarke is totally understanding of Eve's feelings:

"Take a drink, darling," Roarke said with a laugh in his voice. "Put your head between your kne
Mo
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid read. I am out of town for a while so reviews might be a bit sparse.

Significant change in some of the relationships in this one. For the better, I might add.

Karla

5 Stars!! Another great read for a series that never disappoints and an author who always delivers!!

J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts does it again. She manages to write another engaging mystery with characters that are familiar, and seem to develop with each book. In this one, the relationship between Eve and Peabody solidifies itself, it was always a good one, but a defining moment not only strengthens their partnership, but also their friendship. Eve opens up to Peabody and she finally realizes how much
♥Sharon♥
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Quick review....

How does this J.D. do it? Seriously? #19 and it is another FABULOUS installment to this never ending series!!! ❤

Obsidian
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, tbr-2017
After reading the latest In Death books, I went back to my bookshelf this weekend and re-read some of my favorites. It was nice to see what drew me to this series and what I hope to see again one day.

"Visions in Death" follows Eve and company as they try to track down a serial killer. I really do love this one because we get to see the friendship of Eve and Peabody come full circle. We have fan favorites like Louise and Charles show up too (I love Charles). We have Feeney, Summerset, and Mavis.
Mei
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Another excellent one!

Loved how Eve were looking at working with a sensitive! :)

Also, the moment when Mavis asked Eve and Roarke to be godparents to her baby! Their panic was hilarious! LMAOOOO

I felt for poor Peabody... and Ian while waiting in the hospital... Poor guy...

On the the next one!
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book - this was actually the very first book I read in the series, liked it so much had to buy the all the others and read them from the start.

Excellent series of books.

John Blue is the epitome of serial killers - and poor Peabody in this book. Lots of dialogue and detective work, then mix in a psychic with an agenda of her own and that equals a very fluid read!

Two thumbs up and 5 solid stars!
Shawna
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, favorites, romantic-suspense, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, made-me-cry, author-nora-roberts-jd-robb, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-i-adore, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, best-top-favorites, favorite-romance-series, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hero-i-wanna-marry, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, series-in-death, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, hero-commoner-self-made, married-couples-married-convenience, satisfying-secondary-romance, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, heroine-tomboy-lady-in-pants, psychic-special-abilities-powers, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, 5-stars, steam-2-warm, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-rags-to-riches, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, heroine-miss-independent, a-all-time-favorite-heroine, a-all-time-favorite-hero, serial-killer-on-the-loose, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, best-friendships, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, violence-not-for-the-faint-hearted, villain-creepy-azz-killer, villain-uber-bad-nasty, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, hh-same-couple-trilogy-or-series, hero-protective, hero-business-owner, dark-twisted-disturbing-gritty, hh-story-angst-drama-galore, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious, dark-suspense, a-all-time-favorite-hh-couples, hero-uber-filthy-rich-bazillionaire, hero-poor-lower-class-background, heroine-uber-damaged-scarred, 2017-reads, best-fave-reads-of-2017, heroine-cynical, crime-mystery-suspense-thriller-fic, fave-hero-ever-marry-me-roarke, best-fave-brilliant-worldbuilding
5 stars - Romantic Suspense/Futuristic/Romantic Thriller

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but holy cow this series is freaking fantastic with amazing characters I just can't get enough of! And this is definitely one of my favorite ID books, so far. The part where Peabody (view spoiler) had me sobbing like a baby. I'm diving into the next one!
Ann Lou
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read. Great series. Great characters. I want to be Eve's partner and kick some serious ass. I want to make friends with all of them and maybe just maybe if I could get away with it, give Roarke a big kiss on the lips. Yeah, yeah... I am a perve. What can I say? Roarke is the best. *dreamy sigh*

So in here, we have a serial killer that beats, rapes, strangles women to death. Not only that, he mutilates them by taking out their eyes postmortem. *shudders* The private cemetery and that
⚜Trea⚜
This installment was amazing! The mystery was very well done, and I had no clue until the reveal as to who was the culprit! Also, there was an amazing twist in regards to the culprit! The realizations that Eve came to in regards to Peabody during the course of the investigation were both necessary and heartwarming. The fact that (view spoiler) was especially touching, especially Peabody's reaction toward th ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: 21 June - 7 July 2013

2nd read: 30 September - 11 October 2015
Anastasia
Visions in Death by J.D.Robb is book 19 in the In Death series. Eve is called to a brutal murder and rape in Central Park and a psychic claims to have seen the murder and offers to help. Another amazing book that I could not put down. I don't know how she does it, but each book seems to get better and better. I cried when Peabody was attacked and it was very emotional and touching how all her friends rallied around her. An incredible ending with a twist I did not see coming.
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
Another entertaining and heartbreaking installment in the In Death series! Visions in Death involved a serial killer who kidnapped, raped, and strangled victims then taking their eyes for trophies. Homicide lieutenant Eve Dallas is sent into a detailed and brutal investigation that shows how cruel people can be to others. Anything to do with eyes always freaks me out so I had a hard time reading about the bodies in this book, but JD Robb kept me listening late into the night like always. Here's ...more
Steve
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, in-death
I quite enjoyed the premise of this book, and while parts left me blanching, other parts had me grinning ear from ear. The supporting cast was a bigger presence in this book, which is always good to read, and the action building up to a brilliant climax was excellent as always. I guessed the final twist about a chapter before it happened, which was a little sad, but it was still rather enjoyable. Can't wait to read the next one.
İlkim
Çok uzun sürdü ama ben vakit bulamadım okumaya, yoksa inanılmazdı. Mükemmel bir sondu, çok çok iyi yazılmış yine. Eve ve Roarke zaten muhteşem de bu seferki biraz yakınlara da değiniyor. Ama o ufak detay... mükemmelsin Nora abla.
Robin
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2015
Lt. Eve Dallas is called to Belvedere Castle in Central Park. A body of a woman has been found on the rocks below the castle. She has been beaten and raped. The red cord around her necks shows she was strangled. But the worst part is her eyes have been removed. As Eve and her partner, Peabody, work the case, another eyeless victim is discovered in another city park. A psychic comes forward offering her help. She seems to know actual details of the cases that haven't been released to the public. ...more
Elvan
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
With a couple of exceptions (NY2D, Treachery) Visions falls in the middle of the peak years of the InDeath series in my opinion. One excellent book after another with a few near misses. Visions is top 10 for me. Blue is my favourite kind of serial killer; he's cold blooded and hard to track. Add a screwed up past history and John Blue, like the Groom enters into the really whacked killers category.
Now mix in a bit of Celina Sanchez and Peabody and JD manages to add a bit of woo woo without annoy
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
(Eve)"Hold on. You have to give them a gift for moving?"
"Uh-huh. Plus they're shacking, so it should be a couple thing." She (Mavis) ate another canape, fed one to Leonardo.
"Why does there have to be a gift for every damn thing?" Eve complained.
"Retail conspiracy." Roarke patter her knee.
"I bet it is," Eve said darkly. "I just bet it is."
Sam
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always know when I read one of these it's going to be good. They are a guilty pleasure and I love this series so much! There was a really intense moment that nearly had me crying but it ended well so there were no tears shed. Eve Dallas, you are my hero!
Liza Wiemer
19th book in the In Death Series by JD Robb aka Nora Roberts! Wow, this one really surprised me!! Fabulous series. So smart. I don't know how she does it, but each novel gets better and better and better. I love Roarke and Eve and Peabody and McNabb!
❆ Crystal ❆
4 stars. I really enjoyed this installment in the In Death Series. The banter with Eve and everyone else is just so awesome. Eve is great!
There was a nice surprise at the end that I really enjoyed. It really threw me as I never saw it coming. I can't wait to read the next one.
Patricia
Even without the book’s promotional blurb, within ten pages, the reader recognizes the basic and oft used plotline. A serial killer is beating, raping, and killing women. They all fit a certain physical type, all are posed identically in strategic public venues, all are identically adorned and all are identically mutilated.

Any reader who devours non-cozy mysteries and thrillers on a regular basis knows this killer’s profile. He is ritualistically and repeatedly killing the likeness of a dominan
Eve
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Visions in Death by J.D. Robb
Series: In Death, #19
Suspense > futuristic > romance > mystery

A young woman’s body is found brutally beaten, raped, and missing the eyes. Lt. Eve Dallas gets information from a "sensitive", who claims to get visions about the crimes and the murderer.
Soon after, another woman is found dead who was killed with the same MO. Eve Dallas and Peabody must find the killer before he can stike again. Eve decides to challenge the killer ...

“When we get him,” Eve conti
Caro
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-death
A really good but tough one. Written well and definitely pulls you and puts you in the book. Emotions, tough parts case-wise and personally, some good upbeat parts to balance it out, good friends and personalities, suspense and a little action, some touchy areas, a definite twist that I totally didn't see coming and a good ending. A great read that drowns you and has you sucking in a breath when you surface. Can't wait to read more with my hero Lieutenant Eve Dallas, Roarke's Cop. She is the Ult ...more
Kara-karina
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic thriller from Nora Roberts. Great characterization, a fab twist in the investigation, a clever use of secondary characters. This book was gruesome and emotional, and I really loved it! Total recommend.

* * *

Ещё один фантастичный триллер от Норы Робертс. Превосходная характеризация, классный поворот сюжета и умное использование вторичных персонажей. Книга эта была мрачной, кровавой и эмоциональной, и мне очень пришлась по душе. Рекомендую без колебаний.
Maria_Love_For_Books

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

After so many books, one would have thought that I will be bored to read more. Huge mistake! This series never ceases to amaze me! “Visions In Death” is one of my favorite books in this series so far!

Eve Dallas and Peabody are trying to solve a series of horrible murders and, at the same time, their relationship becomes deeper. But this case is more dangerous for Peabody and, then, Eve will realize that her life
Hali Sowle
Another standout in the In Death series. It is still summer in the city, and young women walk their dogs near the park enjoying the evening. But for one young woman that pleasant pastime is cut horribly short. Lt. eve Dallas is pleased that she hasn't shot or assaulted any of her husbands rich, eccentric, business partners at a soirée, but as she and Roarke head home she is paged to the homicide of a young woman found in Central Park near Belvedere Castle. The young woman has been beaten and mut ...more
Berls (Fantasy is More Fun)
OMG this is my new In Death favorite! The relationship progress was great - Eve's family of friends becomes that much more evident in Visions in Death and I just loved seeing all those relationships. Huge progress in Eve's relationship with Peabody, there already so close but it's getting even closer. And I was in stitches with Mavis talking about being pregnant and delivery with Eve and Roarke. Easily a top favorite scene! On top of that, the mystery was intense and I was literally shocked in t ...more
Penni
This read was 4 - 4-1/2 *'s for me. Loaded as usual with action and lots of interactions between Eve/Roarke and her extended family. Loved the continuation of Eve and Peabody's relationship, seeing McNab and Peabody becoming more of a unit, as well as her cop family. And thank God she finally got a decent ride.
Ning

ทำใหไดคิด อะไรทีเรียกวารักแทๆ
และอะไรทีเรียกวารักแตตัวเอง

ชอบความสัมพันธของตัวละครในเลมนีคะ
J.D. Robb : Visions in Death (Spoiler Zone) 22 139 Dec 13, 2016 07:47AM
The Challenge Fac...: LaurLa, Trea, Logan, PepperPot, Dawn, Sherri, Tiffany, & Lauren - In Death Series 204 70 Aug 28, 2016 02:39AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Visions In Death (Oct. 2014) Spoiler Zone 70 27 Oct 17, 2014 11:55PM
wonderful 6 43 Nov 06, 2012 02:52AM
Readers of Kindle...: Visions in Death #19 1 7 Feb 08, 2012 11:13AM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • Twice the Temptation (Samantha Jellicoe, #4)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Only Survivors Tell Tales
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Secrets in Death, on sale September 2017, is the 45th e ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)

“You're earlier than expected, and appear to have gotten through the day without destroying any article of clothing. I must note this event down on my calendar."

"Bitch when I'm late, bitch when I'm early. You could go pro on the bitching circuit.”
28 likes
“You're a cold bitch, Dallas."
"Yes, I am."
"Well, I suppose if I'd been murdered I'd want a cold bitch looking for my killer.”
21 likes