Start by marking “Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose: Freedom from Pressures You Thought You Had to Live With” as Want to Read:

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  647 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Life's trials and triumphs can seem accidental. One person may feel that life is a constant struggle in which pitfalls abound and someone seems out to get him. Another may feel that every day is a gift from God with special blessings just for her. That's because forces are at work in our lives: the blessings of a loving God or the curses of our spiritual adversary.

This hug
Published September 1st 2006 by Chosen Books (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Blessing or Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blessing or Curse

Traci Morin
This is an awesome book to read with lots of information to how curses work and how to receive blessings.

If you suffer from some type of bondage or behavior that controls you, you might consider a deliverance ministry to remove the demonic strongholds (deliverance from demons) in your life. This book, Blessing or Curse will give you answers. This book is biblically sound and will open your understanding.

Read free articles on The Works of the Flesh
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
One of the joys of reading Derek's writings is the prevalence of the Holy Spirit and the inclusion of scriptural references and precepts for the edification of his reader. Although he was a scholar in his own right with an estimable academic pedigree, we encounter a man wholly reliant on the Lord and driven by His Word and dependency on the leadership of the Spirit for his well-being and sustenance. Knowing God did not prevent him from needing Him. His confidence was not in the knowledge he obta ...more
Robert Gilbert
I need to comment on this book because of the amount of harm it has done. Two of the most harmful deviations from Christianity are exposed in Derek Prince’s writing, and if I didn’t know that it has happened again and again over the centuries, I would say that he is the origin of the modern manifestation of this twisted version of Christian discipleship.

First, I must point out that Prince is what I call a Jerusalemist. Jerusalemism is the mentality that Jerusalem lies at the center of the univer
Honeybee
Mar 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ever wonder why you seem to experience frequent accidents, injury or illness? Wonder why you never seem able to get ahead, even when you repeatedly come "this close" to success? Does there seem to be a pattern of behavior or mental disorder in your family that cannot be explained by simple genetics? Maybe your experience is the result of a personal or family curse.

Always the careful, but fearless Bible scholar, Derek Prince systematically reveals the reality of curses and how they can be detecte
Freud's Nightmare
An in-depth study into the power of words, the material presented has life-changing potential. Be aware that this is probably not something the casual reader can zip through. While organized in a straightforward and logical manner, the reading level may be intimidating to some and the amount of information covered could easily be overwhelming as well. With this in mind, it is probably best approached as a study; even better if you can go through it with a group.
Tim Johnson
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The author breaks down how blessings and curses can operate in a persons life. If you want to be BLESSED, read this book. If you need to be released from a curse or curses, READ THIS BOOK. If you don't know about either of these issues, PLEASE READ THIS BOOK.
M
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found this particular DK book very discombobulated. It was hard to follow the major theme and it often strayed into disparate streams of thought. Not his best work.
Luiza
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to us by a brother in faith and let me tell you it is amazing...Leaves you blown away...I actually read the whole book in one sitting...two hours straight without moving.
Karen
Dec 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good book on the power of our words.
Paul
If you have never dealt with the curses on you and your family, then this is a must read. You will be set free by applying this to your life.
Lana Shaw
Sep 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A life changer.
audrey dixon
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful!!!

. If you ever wondered why you are your family members lives never seems to prosper, you may look back at previous generations and notice a pattern of “ bad luck”. it’s possible that one of you ancestors invoked a curse by their disobedience to God’s word and satanic involvement etc. and you and other family members are paying the price. The good news is: Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, Gal. (3:13)
but we have to appropriate it so that we and our descendants will be b
Jonas Stephan Johnson
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good day all is well yes and the only thing that last forever is the forever curse god bless really have it good.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
"The power of one believer making a proclamation on his own is tremendous, but the power of two or more making the same proclamation together in harmony increases by geometric progression." ~ Derek Prince, Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose, p. 230

This book will help you to break curses over your life. There are specific prayers and proclamations in this book to break specific curses. There are also prayers to help release blessings in your life and in the life of others. Derek Prince examines ho
Cresanna Kahrl
Highly recommended reading for believers! Derek Prince skillfully and biblically explains the doctrine of blessings and curses from Scripture. This is no "demon behind every bush" or "TV preacher" style book. It is a sound, reliable guide. If you've never known someone who lives under the oppression of a curse, you may view this book with skepticism. But keep it in mind for the inevitable day when you come up against circumstances you cannot explain. Prince accurately sets out the problem, sympt ...more
Jeske
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
it was actually pretty informative and insightful. I'm not sure how much of it i should believe, but for sure most of it was well-grounded in biblical verses. There were a few things i definitely did not agree with. I've learnt a lot from it and think i would go back to some of the chapters (esp. the one with the examples for proclamation in certain situations), so yeah, it's on my wishlist actually! Who would've thought, i was so negative when i started reading :)
Beverly Collins
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish he had included a better conclusion but overall it is very important teaching not taught in most conservative churches,

I recommend this book to more mature believers who can evaluate the information while remembering that Satan is a defeated for and Christ is the victor, derek prince is one of my favorite authors,
Gary B
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
An eye-opening book! Derek Prince uses Scripture (both Old and New Testaments) to highlight the existence of both blessings and curses. But rather than leave us there, Derek shows how curses can be revoked and their power annulled.

His chapters on soulish talk and soulish prayers were perhaps the most revelatory to me.
Obe
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book with interesting insights and knowledgeable information about God ,the occult and the Christian religion. Informs about the causes and effects of curses susceptible to the believer and step by step guide to a release from these curses.
Joseph Opare
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, Prince theologically exegetes the origin of curses and also sites personal testimonies and case studies. A must read for those who want to know more about this subject. A great balanced book to begin your study on the subject.
Abigail Sands
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent Christian handbook from a father in the faith.
Sarabeara
This book truly gets us thinking about what we ourselves are saying. What comes out of our mouths is very powerful. I would definitely recommend this book! Speak life :) speak blessing!
Christy Dunning
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Loved it! It took longer to get through but I did all of the study guide and really tried to journal as much as I could to really understand and apply what was being taught.
Caroline Biegalski
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enlightning
Đorđe Đaković
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Veoma korisna knjiga kako bi bili svesni opasnosti koja nas vreba od vlasti tame (sotone).
David Sassaman
Mar 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Very legalistic and lacking biblical basis for so many thoughts and ideas shared within. Somewhat of a return to the Dark Ages in my opinion.
Gillian Henriques
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good topic, needed in this and season.
Rejith Varghese
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Excellent read! A good Christian book to understand the rights/wrongs of certains practises followed across the world..
Jeremiah
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another Derek Prince classic. I didn't realize how many different curses and types were described in the Word.
Kelly
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! Definitely life changing!
  • Appointment in Jerusalem
  • Christ the Healer
  • The Prophetic Ministry
  • John G. Lake: His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • Passion For Jesus: Growing in Extravagant Love for God
  • Prison to Praise
  • Prophets and Personal Prophecy
  • From Dream to Destiny: The Ten Tests You Must Go Through to Fulfill God's Purpose for Your Life
  • Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
Derek Prince (1915-2003), was an International Bible teacher and founder of Derek Prince Ministries International, wrote more than fifty books.
He was born in India of British parents. Educated as a scholar of Greek and Latin at Eton College and Cambridge University, England, he held a Fellowship in Ancient and Modern Philosophy at King’s College. He also studied Hebrew and Aramaic, at Cambridge U
More about Derek Prince

$10.74 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Out of Africa and Shadows on the Grass
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Kingdom by the Sea: A Journey Around the Coast of Great Britain
  • The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914
    $6.99 $2.99
  • No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity
    $9.99 $2.99
“It is important to emphasize that the Gospel centers in the death and resurrection of Jesus. In 1 Corinthians 15:3–4 Paul sums up its message in three historical facts: “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures. . . . He was buried . . . He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” 3 likes
“Jesus Christ is the divine, eternal Son of God, who became a member of the human race by virgin birth. He led a sinless life, died on the cross as a propitiatory sacrifice for the sins of humanity, was buried and rose again in bodily form from the grave on the third day. He ascended into heaven, whence He will return to earth in person, to judge the living and the dead. Everyone who repents of sin and trusts in the sacrifice of Jesus receives forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life. It is important to emphasize that the Gospel centers” 1 likes